SharpShooter Imaging Employee Reviews in United States

Photographic technician/ Sales Rep.
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30303April 7, 2016
My life at Sharps Shooter was truly an enjoyable working experience. I was fortunate to work with and interact with people from all over the world. this position sharpened my skills as a talented photographer as well as a knowledgeable sales representative.
Not what I would recommend for a job
Sales Photographer (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 25, 2016
This is a good high school or fresh out of high school job. Managment is insensitive and so tight knit that there is no room to move up in the job. Worked there for several years and for some reason the next season didn't get called back. Would never recommend someone working there. HR is so ridiculous would take forever to get anything i or managment needed from there. Minimum wage job commission isn't worth it because when other employees (all the high school kids) don't care about there job than all the other employees suffer. #hastagdixiestampede
Pros
meeting people
Cons
managment, flexibility issues, pay, and HR
Waikiki based
Resort Photographer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 14, 2016
Aloha! so the jobs under sharpshooter in waikiki maybe different from the rest of the other places in the country. The jobs here provide guests with portrait shoots not just the typical one shot, now please buy the photo. So we take guests around the resort taking from 60-100 portraits photos. Since I have been with sharpshooter I have learned so much about photography and taking pictures I have really learned to love photography. However the poor management and lack of change has put me in a hard place with this job. There is no room at all for growth and no positions to move up, the management structure really is poor. On top of that you start to become a work animal just taking photoshoots back to back to back. There are many things I could complain about here, but this would be to long to type out, just know that the company really does not care about you but more so on how much money they make. If your looking for just a plain JOB hey this is a pretty chill and cool job, but if your looking for a career or something where you could move up and stay with for a long while look elsewhere!
Pros
Learn about Photography, people there.
Cons
cut hours, poor management, just a JOB not a career
The absolutely worst place to work
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2016
The owners are terrible managers. They manage by fear and intimidation. They scream at people. They fire people because they are too old, too young, or weigh too much. It is the most toxic workplace I have ever experienced. Life is too short for this - stay away!
Pros
Skied free a few times
Cons
Owners are abusive, company was financially unstable
Easy fun fast paced job terrible management
LEAD SALES PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 26, 2016
I enjoyed the working at the Jelly Belly Factory. Working at a tourist attraction was fun meeting people from all over and giving them a photo to remember their time there. The company doesn't do through training, then docs you for not knowing things you weren't taught. I enjoyed my time there aside from terrible management and inconsistent standards. I learned a lot and gained great experience. I wish It hadn't ended so badly.
Pros
Great Hours, Commission Package
Cons
frequent break violations, below average training, no advancement opportunities, management played favorites
Fast paced, outdoor workplace.
Sales Photographer- Part-time (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2016
At SharpShooter Imaging you'd always start the day off by getting all the equipment ready for the day and for all the shifts. After all equipment is counted for you go out and greet the guests with a smile on your face and address any concerns they may have. We made sure to take a good quality photo of guests which involved getting the greeter to get the guests to go behind the prop. In this job, you would always be working as a group when outside and sometimes independently while inside the office. Making sure that we presented guests with a quality portrait and reasonably priced options was our goal. As well as manage the money correctly since it was no register transactions.
Pros
Food court discounts, free photos, free boat rides
Cons
No room for advancement, outside work in all weather
Great workplace, fun to do!
Sales Photographer/Tech (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2016
I got to spend my day with awesome people and around a bunch of amazing animals. It was amazing. The hardest part of the job was getting my sales goal but overall it was a great experience.
okay starting job
Resort Photographer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 6, 2016
okay starting job not i your already established photographer
photography
customer service skills
location was great
fun co workers

A good starting job....
Pros
good location, fun when busy
Cons
low pay
Excellent Business and Great Management
Lead Photographer/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2015
An excellent company to work for especially if you are looking to get your foot in the door with photography. Fun atmosphere.
SharpShooter misses the target and shoots down their employeese
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  WaikikiOctober 21, 2015
This is a company where hard work goes unrewarded, where good people are regularly let go, and where incompetent corporate managers reign supreme.
The turnover rate of ten to twelve local store managers in less than a year should indicate to everyone loud and clear this is a company to avoid.
If you do plan on applying, please allow for up to 4 to 5 weeks from the time of your interview to hear back from anyone, then please allow another four to five weeks before HR can properly process your application, background check, and put you into their always seems to be broken payroll system.
There is a severe disconnect from upperc orporate management (based on the Mainland) as they have no concept of Aloha, nor do they care about Hawaii, having blown through hundreds of employees in the past few years.
This company will treat you as disposable - irrelevant, and with a complete lack of respect.
The SharpShooter business model is to bring you in at a low wage, provide zero training, expecting you to work ten hour shifts, and expects you to teach yourself through trial and error, in front of hotel guests expecting a professional portrait session, which they don't want to pay for in the first place. You will be given little to no support.
Depending on which hotel you are based in you will also have to deal with the use of exotic birds in portrait sessions, which is dangerous and irresponsible, since no one in the store knows how to handle or care for the parrots. They bite and are aggressive. Not to mention these birds are not native to the Hawaiian Islands and are being
  more... used to perpetuate a stale, tired, inaccurate, and generic stereotype of Hawaii as a mainlander's method of boosting revenue, despite all of the wrong surrounding such a tactic.
The sales photographers are great, attempting to rise above a company that endlessly devalues them, consistently under trains them, and requires they all work for low wages.
The dangling of a commission or bonus to lure people in is a fraud, since this earning potential requires your commissions pay for your base wage paycheck before being supplementally added onto the base wage.
If you want a photography job, look else where.
Pros
Sales photographers are great people stuck in a broken system.
Cons
Low wages, long hours, birds, upper management, HR
Horrible Management
Photographer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco,CAOctober 1, 2015
HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT!!! Didn't know squat how to manage. Didn't know squat how to develop the team. Didn't know squat how to finalize last paycheck (took over a month to get)
Tourist Photo's
Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 17, 2015
While a few of the venues allow you to experiment and grow as a photographer, this one did not. It was a static display. When corporate was on site, it actually felt like you were working a tourist grinder, flipping them upside down, shaking them and collecting whatever money fell out. The corporate side was out of touch, but luckily they were normally a few thousand miles away.

That being said, if you have a good crew, it can be a blast to work here with supportive venue management. Making tourists happy, meeting new people, creating a new shot, that was fun.
Pros
If you have a good crew, work can be fun.
Cons
High turnover, out of touch corporate
Fun and exciting workplace
Sales Photographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2015
Shifts were typically 6-8 hours with 2 hour rotations. Management was very helpful when needed. We all worked very well as a team. The day could get quite hectic at times however it was wonderful meeting new people.
Pros
Exciting, laid back
fun place to work
Sales Photographer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2015
Take photos of customers and try to sell photos while boat is cruising. retake any photos that a customer is not satisfied with.
Portraits at the San Diego Zoo, can't complain much.
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 10, 2015
I can't say many bad things about taking portraits of a family visiting from Australia trying to hit as many theme parks as they can in four days but still managing to tell me that I made their trip special. This job helped me continue my customer service experience while also advancing my photography.
Fast paced environment, low wages and commission
Sales Photographer (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CaliforniaApril 9, 2015
A typical day working for Sharpshooter at the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway involved taking photos of guests for about 5-8 hours, or selling the photo packages for about 5-10 hours depending on the season. Management was incredibly ineffective, the line employees did all of the work and sold thousands of dollars worth of photo packages, with very low commission rate. I enjoyed working with my fellow coworkers. The hardest part of the job was our sales pitch, because the photo packages we sold were not priced reasonably. I enjoyed chatting with guests from all over the world, and working at an elevation of 8,516 feet above sea-level. I stayed with the company for nearly two years. I left the company due to financial hardships in hopes of finding a better paying job in a new city.
Pros
Employee discounts, Guest passes
Cons
Ineffective managment, low wages, low commission
Worst place I've ever been
Sales Photographer (Former Employee) –  Ford IslandMarch 28, 2015
Sharp Shooter is by far the worst place I have ever worked. After 1.5 months of work they refused to pay me. The management is by far the worst in the nation, I highly recommend you look for another job even if it means its outside the US
Pros
None at all!
Cons
everything under the sun
Fun place to work
Sales Photographer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2015
Typical day... Clock in, go to station (capture, sales, or lab), prep for the days work. Take customers photos, help with any questions, sell photos.
Management is fair, no issues with any co-workers, they are all pleasant people to work with.
There really isn't any hard part to the job, it's a great company.
Pros
easy work, good vibes, no drama.
Cons
not enought hours
A churn and burn company
Venue Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Should be a fun atmosphere, taking souvenir photographs.
Learned about photography.
HR is horrible.
Base pay is too low, so many co-workers have little to no experience in any type of work.
Company expects salaried employees to work WAY too much.
Can meet some interesting people from around the world.
Pros
not micromanaged
Cons
long hours, no job security
Fun place to work.
Sales Photographer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2015
Fun place to work. Great managers. Minimum wage is holding the workers back from making a decent living. Slow hours during the Winter season so there is little job security.