Shasa Employee Reviews in United States

Indecisive Corporate
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
Company filed for bankruptcy in 2015. Corporate, was very indecisive to say the least. their philosophy was to under pay associates (minimum wage), resulting in high turnover.
Very enjoyable environment for being in a mall and was right across the food court for easy access to a quick lunch break
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 19, 2015
Had Shasa not gone completely out of business, I would recommend those looking for a nice part time job while in school to work here. Lovely managerial staff, always comfortable, very few dull moments with a slow moving store, and always very organized.
Pros
Quick lunch access, fun staff, very good with schedules especially with school
Cons
Working with irritable customers, working close and walking through the mall parking lot at a late hour.
Do not work here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2015
District managers and visual merchandisers put ridiculous expectations on the stores in regards to sales goals and merchandising standards. They set unattainable sales goals. They do not offer any kind of support to the store-level management staff or the associates.
Pros
Advancement is quick and easy
Cons
Fast turn around at all levels of employment. You're likely to be hired quickly and fired quickly.
Productive , great environment.
Cashier, floor assistant (Former Employee) –  GlendaleOctober 6, 2015
All my jobs have consisted working with people. I always give great customer service. A typical day at work consist of smiles staying productive and always being on time. I learned how to deal with rude customers. My co workers and i have always got along. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to meet and see different people and be able to provide great customer service.
Pros
Deals on clothes
Cons
not paid enough
Looking foward to go into work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 12, 2015
Shasa was a really fun and hip company to work for because of the environment and associates that I worked with made it that. I learned how to deal with costumers more effectively and cashiering. Management was not all that great to be honest there could have been a lot of improvements that's one of the reasons the company shut down and went bankrupt. Hardest thing was to try and convince people to buy more and reach are segment/goals for the day on a slow work pace or "slow day" I loved being around my co workers and working with them it was always fun and enjoyable working with them. We were a team who looked out for one another.
Pros
hour lunches, and discounts for employees
Cons
schduling mixed up or never going on breaks/lunch on time.
No growth potential, Poor Corporate structure
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX.January 25, 2013
High demand of daily work from managers and associates. Company does not offer incentives for their employees, minimum wage to start ALL pt AND ft employees. No yearly reviews, nor raises available. Not enough organization within Corporate to assist in resolving store issues. Owners have poor people skills.

If you're seeking employment with a respectful company to start a career with, this is NOT the one to invest time in. Look elsewhere.
Cons
all of the above
A fashionable place to work
Assistant store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 6, 2015
Planned and provided direction for the completion of year end auditing
Assistant Store Manager
● Responsible for complete operational duties of the store while on shift
● Assigned daily tasks to store associates by holding heart to heart conversations
● provided prompt and courteous customer service on a daily basis
● Provided orientation, training, and development of sales associates
● Managed continuous flow of merchandise from stockroom to sales floor while implementing new floor plans and visual placement of merchandise
● Conducted company monthly floor visual merchandising, weekly window and table display changes
● Assisted with managing and developing corporate sales programs at the store level
● Planned and provided oversight to the completion of year end auditing
Fun summer job!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2015
An okay first job! I did a group interview and stood out from everyone, so its very easy to get a job there, just talk! Management could be a lot better however there is new management now so hopefully things have changed for the better. All my co-workers were friendly, and were always there to help if I needed any. The hardest part about the job was closing the store. The store closes at 9 or 10, and I would not leave till 12 ish.
Pros
the customers
Cons
closing the store
Store will keep you busy
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2014
Since I was employed there has been many turn overs of management within a 2yr frame which left only few sales associate with many more duties and being overlooked. As new associates were given opportunities the current staff ending up leaving. There was no room for growth.
Pros
great experience
Cons
staff gets overlooked
Work really hard with no rewards
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 6, 2013
I thought I had found a company that I could grow and move up with. Upper management has a super high turn over rate. Corporate people are rude and degrading. We get nasty emails from them constantly. Not enough support. Things get changed constantly. You can work 60+ hours a week without anyone ever saying "good job". All you hear is all the things you did wrong. The company is supposed to be "to the minute" fashion, but the buyers have no clue. We get in colors and styles that aren't even current. For instance there is this awful electric blue that no one wants to buy, but they keep sending to us in tons of different styles. Then they wonder why our numbers are bad. From the minute I started my experience with corporate has been awful. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!! It's not fun always getting only negative feedback. They expect everything out if you, but give nothing in return. You will not be given the tools to run your business the right way!!!!! Supervisors do not answer their phones, return calls or answer emails. But expect everyone else to. Lots of double standards. Awful. I could go on with examples about how bad it is, but I would give myself away.
Pros
Paycheck, associates are sweet.
Cons
All.
Fun, New Company
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2013
Shasa is fairly new to the U.S. and still getting their footing. It has been a great place to work, even with the constant changes. It has been a fun environment in which I have learned many new management skills and grown to accept many changes within an operational standpoint. I am sad to be leaving Shasa, but my relocation from San Antonio, TX to Austin, TX has left me no choice.
Pros
awesome associates, grew as a manager
Cons
constant operational changes, large turn-over
Running a high volume woman's clothing store can be challenging but very rewarding.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2014
I had hired and trained teams of 30 associates and managers, promoted 5 associates, and contributed to the growth and success of a new store location within Austin TX. Although you are expected to work holidays, as a manager, you have the ability to lead through example, providing the knowledge, attitude and skills you want to see developed in your team. As a result, we were able to create not only a work environment, but a small family of associates and managers collaboratively working together in a fun and creative atmosphere. I learned a lot about myself and about others having managed and developed each individual associate I was privileged to work with.
Good working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 16, 2014
A typical day at Shasa would be going around helping the customers while maintaining a clean sales floor. Over the years I've learned to improve my communication skills. I enjoy working with my co-workers and managers. There were a few things I disliked about the company. For example, they don't give us enough hours. Also, it's really hard to get a higher position there. There really isn't anything hard about my job. The only tricky part about it would be the secret shop. Every month we get two secret shops who rate us on how well we've done our job/customer service. My overall work experience at Shasa has been good, but I am just trying to find something better than retail.
Cons
limited amount of hours, little pay
Unproductive work environment
Greet/assist customers (Former Employee) –  Woodlands MallJuly 13, 2014
* Meet/greet customers
* Clean/organize store
* Process cash/credit card transactions
* Co-workers got along with each other
* The hardest part of the job was working with unprofessional
management.
Pros
made 20+ hours
Cons
unprofessional work environment
Great place to work.Good enviroment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2013
Up to now I get along with every person I work with! Management treat employees well. What I enjoy most is working with customers. I don't find thus job hard at all.
Fun and Energetic Place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2013
This company is all about internal growth and promotion. You have to have a passion for fashion to work there.
One Big Happy Family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2014
Working for Shasa was like going to a never ending irie environment. You just couldn't get enough of the fashion forward clothing, wonderful taste in music, and the approachable and well dressed staff. Costumers came first there and they knew it.
Also, I've gained tons of experience in customer service and multitasking. such as learning to senor or unpack clothing while greeting and/or assisting a customer.
Co-workers there became an extended family and wore figurative "friend worthy" banters slung around their shoulders.
The hardest part of the job was leaving the mall. It was quiet and what I would like to call "scary movie like" meaning an unpleasant amount of anxiety and imaginary fear settled in the pit of my stomach as I walked through the exits... But that could've just been me being dramatic.
The most enjoyable part of working for Shasa was the atmosphere. It was my glow of sun shine on a rainy day. I'm still kind of sad that I moved.
If given the opportunity I would pick Shasa again for my first job.
Pros
the fun loving, friendly, and chic atmosphere stamped its enjoyable presence througout the whole store.
Cons
it was kind of eerie when closing up and leaving the mall, because it was dark and still, the enviroment at night was an utter shock compared to the one in the day.
Unorganized
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2012
Shasa had its good points and mostly bad points. It was very unorganized and there was little to no support from the DM. The best thing that I loved about Shasa was my staff. They were awesome.
Pros
staff
Cons
no organization and no dm support
learning place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2014
I learned that enjoyed being in the medical field and wanted to know more and I didn't want to stay in retail
Pros
clothes
Cons
traffic
Productive and fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2012
The work atmosphere is great, there's never a boring day on the job. The Manager is fun and cooperative. But because the store is small, not many hours are guaranteed.