Shasa

Shasa Employer Reviews

Unproductive work environment
Greet/assist customers (Former Employee), Woodlands MallJuly 13, 2014
Pros: made 20+ hours
Cons: unprofessional work environment
* Meet/greet customers
* Clean/organize store
* Process cash/credit card transactions
* Co-workers got along with each other
* The hardest part of the job was working with unprofessional
management.
One Big Happy Family
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 25, 2014
Pros: the fun loving, friendly, and chic atmosphere stamped its enjoyable presence througout the whole store.
Cons: it was kind of eerie when closing up and leaving the mall, because it was dark and still, the enviroment at night was an utter shock compared to the one in the day.
Working for Shasa was like going to a never ending irie environment. You just couldn't get enough of the fashion forward clothing, wonderful taste in music, and the approachable and well dressed staff. Costumers came first there and they knew it.
Also, I've gained tons of experience in customer service and multitasking. such as learning to senor or – more... unpack clothing while greeting and/or assisting a customer.
Co-workers there became an extended family and wore figurative "friend worthy" banters slung around their shoulders.
The hardest part of the job was leaving the mall. It was quiet and what I would like to call "scary movie like" meaning an unpleasant amount of anxiety and imaginary fear settled in the pit of my stomach as I walked through the exits... But that could've just been me being dramatic.
The most enjoyable part of working for Shasa was the atmosphere. It was my glow of sun shine on a rainy day. I'm still kind of sad that I moved.
If given the opportunity I would pick Shasa again for my first job. – less
sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Cons: work hours, management
put away clothes, cashier duties, helping customers, sales goal, and cleaning
learning place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: clothes
Cons: traffic
I learned that enjoyed being in the medical field and wanted to know more and I didn't want to stay in retail
Great place to work.Good enviroment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2013
Up to now I get along with every person I work with! Management treat employees well. What I enjoy most is working with customers. I don't find thus job hard at all.
Fun and Energetic Place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2013
This company is all about internal growth and promotion. You have to have a passion for fashion to work there.
Work really hard with no rewards
Manager (Current Employee), TexasJuly 6, 2013
Pros: paycheck, associates are sweet.
Cons: all.
I thought I had found a company that I could grow and move up with. Upper management has a super high turn over rate. Corporate people are rude and degrading. We get nasty emails from them constantly. Not enough support. Things get changed constantly. You can work 60+ hours a week without anyone ever saying "good job". All you hear is all the things – more... you did wrong. The company is supposed to be "to the minute" fashion, but the buyers have no clue. We get in colors and styles that aren't even current. For instance there is this awful electric blue that no one wants to buy, but they keep sending to us in tons of different styles. Then they wonder why our numbers are bad. From the minute I started my experience with corporate has been awful. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!! It's not fun always getting only negative feedback. They expect everything out if you, but give nothing in return. You will not be given the tools to run your business the right way!!!!! Supervisors do not answer their phones, return calls or answer emails. But expect everyone else to. Lots of double standards. Awful. I could go on with examples about how bad it is, but I would give myself away. – less

July 8, 2013

I was loyal to this company for a bit over a year. I could very well agree with this last comment. The Corporate Structure is still very poor. No tools given to assist with the results being demanded. There are many successful Companies in the U.S.A. and the reason why they are is because their employees believe in them. They work towards the same goal and nothing is held back from you as long as that customer is happy. At Shasa, good luck getting any assistance from anyone if some issue comes up with a customer. No call backs when needing to speak to Corporate. As for the owners, Geez, they are as rude and as incompetent as can be. Bottom line ladies and gentlemen, if you are looking to overwork yourself with little to no reward, no thumbs-up....EVER!, lots of demand for perfection and no tools to help you achieve this......and a slap to the face when you do make your weekly sales goal but then that same week you get told your goal given to you by Corporate was wrong, therefore you don't get the bonus for making week.....yeah, that happened at least three times when I worked there......please feel free to apply to this Low-end Company.....oh and to top it off...their clothes are terrible. GET NEW BUYERS, AND OWNERS!!!

Fun, New Company
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2013
Pros: awesome associates, grew as a manager
Cons: constant operational changes, large turn-over
Shasa is fairly new to the U.S. and still getting their footing. It has been a great place to work, even with the constant changes. It has been a fun environment in which I have learned many new management skills and grown to accept many changes within an operational standpoint. I am sad to be leaving Shasa, but my relocation from San Antonio, TX to – more... Austin, TX has left me no choice. – less
No growth potential, Poor Corporate structure
Previous Employee (Former Employee), Houston, TX.January 25, 2013
Cons: all of the above
High demand of daily work from managers and associates. Company does not offer incentives for their employees, minimum wage to start ALL pt AND ft employees. No yearly reviews, nor raises available. Not enough organization within Corporate to assist in resolving store issues. Owners have poor people skills.

If you're seeking employment with a respectful – more... company to start a career with, this is NOT the one to invest time in. Look elsewhere. – less
So Much Drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2012
The mangement kept changing and people brought there work problems into the floor.
Unorganized
Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 24, 2012
Pros: staff
Cons: no organization and no dm support
Shasa had its good points and mostly bad points. It was very unorganized and there was little to no support from the DM. The best thing that I loved about Shasa was my staff. They were awesome.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2012
The work atmosphere is great, there's never a boring day on the job. The Manager is fun and cooperative. But because the store is small, not many hours are guaranteed.
Productive and great environment to work in
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 26, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Great team work, was a great day everyday. 6 piece accessory requirement, diverse employees
creativity to sell more
Franchise owner (Former Employee), Leon, Guanajuato. MexicoAugust 11, 2014
The day begins telling the sellers how to accommodate the shelves so that customers do not see the same thing you saw the day before, you can see different and changing things that do not look before they looked, there seems to be new merchandise.
is deposited in the bank the money from the sale of the previous day and the list of bestsellers is sent – more... for analysis.
is very important to keep housekeeping, smile at customers and always offer something more than you are looking for. – less
Sell assistant
Clothing seller (Former Employee), Tuxtla Gutiérrez, CHPNovember 21, 2013
I knew how to treat costumers and how teamwork is incredibly efficient.
Ambiente comodo y con mucho crecimiento
subgerente (Former Employee), Lerma de Villada, MEXSeptember 4, 2014
Aprendi a ser paciente a trabajar bajo presion a cumplir metas semanales
ambiente agradale
Vendedora (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFAugust 8, 2014
Pros: seguro médico.
Cons: ninguno
Todos los dias de trabajo eran agradables,
Aprendi un mejor trato al cliente,
El personal encargado de mi siempre con un exelente trato
Lo que me gusto de este trabajo fue el exelente trato laboral y flexible.
buen ambiente de trabajo
Cajera Vendedora (Former Employee), Monterrey, NLEJuly 24, 2014
Pros: seguro medico
Cons: muchas horas para esperar el descanso
La gerente era muy buena persona que era estricta pero también cuando teníamos un problema lo entendía el trato con todas las vendedoras era muy directa ya que solo eramos 5 vendedoras que nos repartíamos las actividades a realizar de la tienda para que estuviera todo en orden .
Ambiente de trabajo estable, y con integridad
Cajera-Vendedora-Subgerente (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFJuly 3, 2014
Pros: seguro
Cons: un dia laboral cansado y agotador
Me parece una empresa con gran crecimiento tanto de la empresa como a sus colaboradores muchas oportunidades de crecimiento.
No hay trabajo en equipo
Atención al cliente (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFJune 21, 2014
Pros: ofrecen descuento a las personas que laboran ahí
Cons: hay tres turnos para laborar y no puedes elegir el que se adapte a tus necesidades
No saben trabajar en equipo, eso ocasiona una competitividad entre las personas de trabajo y por consecuencia no podemos ofrecer un buen trato al cliente; porque todos pelen por saber quien es el mejor y no por ofrecer un buen servicio.