Shasta College Employee Reviews

Educational and fun workplace environment.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Redding, CADecember 18, 2017
Educational and fun workplace environment with compassionate supervisors. Where I learned that I do well in customer service and dealing with the public in general.
Pros
My boss was very helpful.
Cons
Inventorying smelly used sports uniforms.
Fun
Child Development (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 26, 2017
When I worked with Shasta College, it was through the work force program that they offer. I was then sent to work with the children in child development, which was basically a daycare for the children of parents that were going to school full time or just really needed the help. It was a lot of fun going in to work with the kids every single day. You got to play with them and help them learn. You could read to them if you wanted, and got to do arts and crafts. I had to help meal prep their lunches everyday and make sure they brushed their teeth afterwords. Of course there was the clean up after the children left, but that was easy and it didn't take long to do.
Pros
You got to have fun with the kids
Cons
Didn't get to keep working there after my term ended
Productive and great place to work with awesome music rooms!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Music DepartmentAugust 8, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of after my classes to meet up with my supervisor and organize music, print off and grade assignments, tests, update the Professors schedule via calendar, Essentially anything that was needed to be organized and prepared for the students.

I learned how to be effectively efficient with my tasks of organizing and also polished my computer skills.

My supervisor/ manager was a fantastic leader who inspired all to do their best. Which made the workplace culture enjoyable and positive to work with other student employees.

The hardest part of the job was that times hours would be cut.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the chance to see the fruits of my work as I graded and organized.
Pros
Location, great people to work with and amazing music to listen to.
Cons
hours shortened
Great Opportunity
Maintance (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAJuly 16, 2017
For the most part, Shasta College was a great place to work. I learned a lot and interacted with the public. This was a great asset to my education and my search for a job.
Productive and fun environment
Office Assistant Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAJuly 5, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working as a student office worker at Shasta College. Some days were very busy and some were slow but the supervisor always made sure to have work for me to do. I learned a lot from the staff in the office and appreciate them.
Shasta College is an interactive and enjoyable work environment.
Guest Speaker, Teacher (Current Employee) –  Various locationsJune 16, 2017
I am a guest speaker and back up teacher and my manager is always supportive. I have learned how to communicate to various sized groups and how to speak about a mentioned topic in detail. The work place culture is friendly, helpful, and refreshing. The hardest part of the job is when I am teaching on a subject that I have no material on but it always still goes smoothly. I absolutely love teaching and learning from resource family's or future resource family's.
Pros
Positive environment.
Cons
Not often enough
Excellent environment, beautiful campus, excellent co-workers
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 1, 2017
This was my most favorite place to work out if any jobs I have had ever. It is a beautiful campus with nothing but learning opportunities surrounding you. Faculty and staff are an amazing group of people that make you feel special and appreciated in your contributions. I have never been so satisfied in a job before or since. If I had been able to support myself with the part time work at a barely above minimum wage, I would have never left. My position was unique in it was created for me as I left the student worker status, and could no longer be funded as such, but they wanted to keep me, and worked me into their department budget as much as they could which was very generous, but still not enough for me to be able to maintain living on for long. It was with a broken heart I moved on to another position that paid great, but I hated. If you can do it, get on with Shasta College. You will love it.
Pros
Co-workers, learning environment, beautiful campus, school break vacation time
Cons
Low wage, but not typical for them just to my situation
great starting place
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redding, CADecember 14, 2016
the work environment was great. nice and quiet and when I needed some help it was always there. simple job tasks but not much time to complete everything in one day.
Organized environment with fun challenging situations
Foreign Language Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Redding, CA 96003August 27, 2016
A typical day at work provides changing environments to keep you energized and task focused. The learning experience I acquired is tutoring Shasta College students and building work ethic. The management is well handled and super friendly as well as my co-workers which make the atmosphere energetic. The hardest part of working their would be knowing when to take a break since I would work from beginning til end without stopping. The most enjoyable part of working at Shasta College as a Foreign Language Teacher's Aid is getting along well with others and falling in love with my job to the point that it felt more like a hobby then actual work.
Pros
Gaining work experience and making new friends
Cons
there is none
Fun work environment, good people always willing to help out..
Welders helper and Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 12, 2016
We'll start out the day cleaning the kitchen and shop, and then getting right to work handling everything that's needed to be done that day. It would always be the same guys i would work with every night and we would just get the job done so we had more time to handle what had to be done for that night, for the crew that worked in the morning.. The hardest part would be learning everything as fast as you could so you could make the day go smoother, but after doing it so much you would have everything down and good to go..
Pros
Free lunch, and good people to talk to.
Cons
Short breaks and people who thought they were better than you and your work.
first office job
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 6, 2016
I gained knowledge on how to deal with certain people and also how to manage my time and productivity. In all I understood how to maintain in a busy work place.
Pros
free food
Cons
long standing hours
tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 13, 2015
It was a fairly easy job but the pay was not high. A good entry level job for a international student. Cons: not so many hours were provided.
Was a great learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time here and learned many new skills to help better myself for my future. My supervisors were very supportive and made sure I had everything I needed to be successful in doing my job.
Pros
Was able to work with fellow students
Cons
Needed bigger work spaces
great experience
Spanish tutor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 14, 2014
Attended weekly meetings and participated in club activities
Good Junior College education with very good faculty.
Faculty Advisor Paralegal & Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 31, 2014
Taught three classes ( nine units) in lecture format in areas of paralegal education and Business Law I and II. Learned to instruct all educational level of students. Management, supports, adjunct faculty. Co-workers are very assistive to adjunct faculty and our students. The hardest part of the job involves the preparation and implementation of student learning outcomes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the actual teaching methodology and watching the students develop critical thinking skills in the legal field.
Very busy office on campus, professional.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 17, 2014
Very busy office on campus. Answered phones and questions to students about the program and services offered. Pulled files for the day and following day for the counselors, and put away files from the previous days.
Pros
staff
Cons
pay
Job was fun and demanded your time
On-call janitor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 4, 2014
Job was hard to do till early morning hours and to me in time learning to pace slower while staying focused. Ended up being a very good experience.
Pros
good pay/atmosphere of college
Cons
long hours till past mid-night
A good place to grow
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redding, CADecember 21, 2013
As a student assistant, advancement is not at this level but in the skills you gain from working with three Doctoral professors. You are taught how to teach, how to work with beginning students and then to the more advanced as your own skills improve.

It is a rewarding experience for those who wish to enter the music education field, or simply wish to learn more about music in general
Pros
Excellent instruction by the staff, flexible hours due to complicated college schedule
Cons
It's voluntary, so you work for free.
Challenging and professionally satisfying work enviornment
Dean of Health Science and University Programs (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 21, 2013
Full-time administrative position. Most enjoyable parts of the job was working with experienced faculty and supportive administration with high regard for student success. Also, enjoyed working with committed students and seeing them accomplish their educational goals.
Loved working with students.
Financial Aid Liasion (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 5, 2013
Loved seeing the instant gratification of working in a teaching atmosphere. So awesome to help them realize their dreams!