Shasta College

Shasta College Employer Reviews

Good Junior College education with very good faculty.
Faculty Advisor Paralegal & Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Redding, CAJuly 31, 2014
Taught three classes ( nine units) in lecture format in areas of paralegal education and Business Law I and II. Learned to instruct all educational level of students. Management, supports, adjunct faculty. Co-workers are very assistive to adjunct faculty and our students. The hardest part of the job involves the preparation and implementation of student – more... learning outcomes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the actual teaching methodology and watching the students develop critical thinking skills in the legal field. – less
Very busy office on campus, professional.
Student Worker (Current Employee), Redding, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: pay
Very busy office on campus. Answered phones and questions to students about the program and services offered. Pulled files for the day and following day for the counselors, and put away files from the previous days.
Job was fun and demanded your time
On-call janitor (Former Employee), Redding, CAMay 4, 2014
Pros: good pay/atmosphere of college
Cons: long hours till past mid-night
Job was hard to do till early morning hours and to me in time learning to pace slower while staying focused. Ended up being a very good experience.
A good place to grow
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Redding, CADecember 21, 2013
Pros: excellent instruction by the staff, flexible hours due to complicated college schedule
Cons: it's voluntary, so you work for free.
As a student assistant, advancement is not at this level but in the skills you gain from working with three Doctoral professors. You are taught how to teach, how to work with beginning students and then to the more advanced as your own skills improve.

It is a rewarding experience for those who wish to enter the music education field, or simply wish – more... to learn more about music in general – less
Challenging and professionally satisfying work enviornment
Dean of Health Science and University Programs (Former Employee), Redding, CANovember 21, 2013
Full-time administrative position. Most enjoyable parts of the job was working with experienced faculty and supportive administration with high regard for student success. Also, enjoyed working with committed students and seeing them accomplish their educational goals.
Loved working with students.
Financial Aid Liasion (Former Employee), Redding, CANovember 5, 2013
Loved seeing the instant gratification of working in a teaching atmosphere. So awesome to help them realize their dreams!
classroom setting is the best
(Student) Pharmacy Technician Program (Former Employee), Redding, CAApril 1, 2013
Pros: networking with your peers
Cons: i have no cons
The classroom setting is the way to go. There are things that you don't even think about that your peers ask and visa versa.
Great atmosphere
Football Coach (Current Employee), Redding, CADecember 11, 2012
Pros: on the field with the team ready to roll
Cons: bad season
I learned you get out of coaching what you put in. The hardest part of this job is the loss that comes with a hard week of preparation.
I really enjoy The athletes and of course winning.
I am just a student tutor so pay is minimum, but nice for a little extra cash.
Water / Wastewater Treatment Tutor (Current Employee), Redding, CAJune 2, 2012
Pros: great people
I am just a student tutor, so pay is minimum. This is just an extra job for a little pocket money. I love being able to use what I have learned to help others understand the courses they are taking. The students I tutor are very appreciative of the help I give them. The staff at Shasta College is very friendly.