Shasta College Employee Reviews

tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 13, 2015
It was a fairly easy job but the pay was not high. A good entry level job for a international student. Cons: not so many hours were provided.
Was a great learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time here and learned many new skills to help better myself for my future. My supervisors were very supportive and made sure I had everything I needed to be successful in doing my job.
Pros
Was able to work with fellow students
Cons
Needed bigger work spaces
great experience
Spanish tutor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 14, 2014
Attended weekly meetings and participated in club activities
Good Junior College education with very good faculty.
Faculty Advisor Paralegal & Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 31, 2014
Taught three classes ( nine units) in lecture format in areas of paralegal education and Business Law I and II. Learned to instruct all educational level of students. Management, supports, adjunct faculty. Co-workers are very assistive to adjunct faculty and our students. The hardest part of the job involves the preparation and implementation of student learning outcomes. The most enjoyable part of the job is the actual teaching methodology and watching the students develop critical thinking skills in the legal field.
Very busy office on campus, professional.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 17, 2014
Very busy office on campus. Answered phones and questions to students about the program and services offered. Pulled files for the day and following day for the counselors, and put away files from the previous days.
Pros
staff
Cons
pay
Job was fun and demanded your time
On-call janitor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 4, 2014
Job was hard to do till early morning hours and to me in time learning to pace slower while staying focused. Ended up being a very good experience.
Pros
good pay/atmosphere of college
Cons
long hours till past mid-night
A good place to grow
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redding, CADecember 21, 2013
As a student assistant, advancement is not at this level but in the skills you gain from working with three Doctoral professors. You are taught how to teach, how to work with beginning students and then to the more advanced as your own skills improve.

It is a rewarding experience for those who wish to enter the music education field, or simply wish to learn more about music in general
Pros
excellent instruction by the staff, flexible hours due to complicated college schedule
Cons
it's voluntary, so you work for free.
Challenging and professionally satisfying work enviornment
Dean of Health Science and University Programs (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 21, 2013
Full-time administrative position. Most enjoyable parts of the job was working with experienced faculty and supportive administration with high regard for student success. Also, enjoyed working with committed students and seeing them accomplish their educational goals.
Loved working with students.
Financial Aid Liasion (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 5, 2013
Loved seeing the instant gratification of working in a teaching atmosphere. So awesome to help them realize their dreams!
classroom setting is the best
(Student) Pharmacy Technician Program (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAApril 1, 2013
The classroom setting is the way to go. There are things that you don't even think about that your peers ask and visa versa.
Pros
networking with your peers
Cons
i have no cons
Great atmosphere
Football Coach (Current Employee) –  Redding, CADecember 11, 2012
I learned you get out of coaching what you put in. The hardest part of this job is the loss that comes with a hard week of preparation.
I really enjoy The athletes and of course winning.
Pros
on the field with the team ready to roll
Cons
bad season
I am just a student tutor so pay is minimum, but nice for a little extra cash.
Water / Wastewater Treatment Tutor (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 2, 2012
I am just a student tutor, so pay is minimum. This is just an extra job for a little pocket money. I love being able to use what I have learned to help others understand the courses they are taking. The students I tutor are very appreciative of the help I give them. The staff at Shasta College is very friendly.
Pros
great people

4.6