Shasta Community Health Center

Shasta Community Health Center Employee Reviews in United States

Love the work enviornment, and the workers.
HIS Tech I (Current Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 29, 2015
Work enviornment is great, co-workers are awesome and very helpful. Management is very supportive and encouraging. The encourage and support education, which is awesome.
Medical Front Office Coordinator
Front office Coordinator/Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at SCHC would have been very busy, demanding, fast pace environment at all times. I learned on a daily basis different medical needs of patients, I would manage to prioritize, I would try to be as helpful as possible to my fellow co-workers when needed, the hardest part of the job was customer service/patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely Interpreting for medical professionals and patients, and Translating by performing written translation.
Pros
Always had something to do, busy.
Cons
stress due to patients
Going Downhill
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 29, 2014
Working at SCHC could be a great experience and seems to start that way for a lot of people. But with recent changes in management and changes in operations, it has become a "stepping stone" work place and not a destination. The staff care about the patients they serve and they are a great bunch of people. But are not supported by management who seem to be inconsistent in many of their tactics, reviews, and attitudes. Management also lacks an understanding of the work done on the clinical floor and is disrespectful. This is no longer a supportive place to work and I would not recommend it to anyone ambitious.
Pros
free lunches, great satisfaction from helping patients
Cons
managment, favortism, lack of respect shown to middle and lower tiered employees.
Nothing better than any other job
Visit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 3, 2012
It seems all great until you have been there any length of time and then they terminate you without good cause and destroy lives in the process.
Pros
great place if you stay out of the politics
Cons
termination without justifiable causes
Solid work environment
Physician Assistant Certified/Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Anderson, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Challenging and demanding work environment. Open to PA and NP autonomy. Good support between physicians and PAs/NPs. Great benefits. Complex patient population.
great work environment very friendly
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 27, 2013
Great work environment, very friendly co workers, a typical day would be me arriving at work at 7:30, clock-in at 8. check my emails. check patients into patient portal. check patients vitals, make reminder calls for appointments, and change data in the computer.
Pros
free lunches, perfect amount of hours, very friendly
Cons
seasonal
Love
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 3, 2013
Working as a scribe has been the most education experience that a pre-nursing student can ask for. I am so thankful and grateful for the opportunity!

2.6