Shasta County Employee Reviews in United States

Always on the move, never a dull moment.
Senior Account Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 15, 2015
Over 50 co-workers at this place and all are energetic and friendly, always with a smile. Awesome place to work at. This place offers consistent opportunities to grow within. In less than three years I was got 3 promotions and always with a pay raise. Fringe benefits are great?
Pros
They really care for their employess's wellness and comfort.
Cons
I can't thik of one.
CFS & Adoption
Office Assistant II Temporary (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 6, 2014
High stress, Fast Paced, Can be rewarding working with children.
Apply yourself and do not apply if you are lazy
Typical Government workplace
HHSA (Former Employee) –  Redding CaApril 4, 2014
A typical government job, there is some good people there even on the management side, but the work load is such that most have a hard time keeping there head above water. I found the job to be extremely tedious and a lot times the best candidate (meaning the one with the best job performance history) does not get promoted because you have to pass a test that sometimes has nothing to do with your actual job functions. A VERY politically correct environment where speaking your mind is not encouraged and is sometimes punished. The decision process is very slow compared to the private sector. Hey its a job and pays the bills but the BS that goes with it for some is hard to handle...Be warned they take a lot out of your paycheck for retirement and health care it might be extremely shocking for some unless you have a big salary. There is no advantage having a government job over working in the private sector these days
Pros
job security, meet some good people
Cons
increasing healthcare costs slow descisoin making, and tedious.
Wex Worker
Clerical I (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Held the position of OA1. Worked with the public and Shasta County workers to help maintain an office and assist the public.
Professional environment with the opportunity for advancement.
Child Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 14, 2013
A typical day at Shasta County Child Support would include reviewing your email and task list for an idea of what you need to accomplish each day with numerous interruptions for telephone calls and walk-in customers. Also, calculating child support obligations and processing legal documents.
Over my 23 years of employment, I have learned excellent customer service skills, organizational and time management skills as well as interpreting complex state and federal guidelines and regulations.
Management was supportive and allowed you the opportunity to work independently while providing guidance when necessary or requested.
The co-workers that I had the opportunity to work with were the best ever. Very supportive and willing to help each other as a team to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
The hardest part of the job was having to put down unfinished work. I like to complete everything I start and sometimes that wasn't possible, until the next day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers, both internal and external, to explain complex rules, regulations and procedures in a way that everyone understands. The teamwork was the best.
Pros
the opportunity to work both independently and as a team. also, excellent benefits, health care, time off, etc.
Cons
inability to work when the computer system was down.
Do Not Be Fooled!
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  ReddingMarch 8, 2013
Terrible work environment. No leadership at top level. Management is out for themselves and barely surviving. Incompetence and serious lack of integrity among top leadership.
prepare to be financially shorted - job description was not actual job either
Eligibility Worker I (Former Employee) –  ReddingJanuary 14, 2013
Misleading job description. The actual position was not the same as the job I thought I was applying for. They offered me the very bottom of the advertised pay scale (A LOT less than my previous employment) and told me that was "what they start everyone off at" I came to find out that was not true - they are just trying to get workers for the cheapest price possible - thanks. So, I have issue with them. they pretend to "care" about people. If you really care - please pay me what I'm worth.

Also, the work I came to do was nothing like the job description - personally, I find that to be a problem. (People have their hopes up when applying for that job) The job description was somewhat of a "case worker" but the actual job was mostly just processing paperwork/data entry.

The management was very nice. (one plus) and generally cared about the well-being of the clients. I wasn't sure if they cared about the workers as much as the clients though, lol.

The health insurance is very misleading. If anything major goes wrong and you need surgery/hospitalization, you could end up paying up to $3000 out of pocket. I pretty much felt uninsured with that policy - knowing that if anything major did occur, I would be impoverished.

One of my biggest frustrations (outside salary) was the fact that they dedect a percentage of [an already modest] salary for the retirement fund. Will employees see that money again at the promised rate? With the economy the way it is - probably not, unfortunatly.

It could be okay pay if you *don't* have a degree (you do not need a degree for this position) However,
  more... if you do have a degree, they will not pay you more, based on it. And all future promotions are based on what *they initially hire you at* So only accept position if you are 100% satisfied with that salary - you will not be rewarded for hard work (monetarily)  less
Pros
not long hours, paid holidays, possible flex hours
Cons
poor dental/health insurance, they do not value workers since so many people are looking for work, political, state pension system
Shasta County Sheriff
Deputy Sheriff/Investigator (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAAugust 16, 2012
A great department to work for in Northern California.The management is very progressive and supportive. Numerous areas for advancement
Pros
pay, benefits, location
Cons
financial trouble within california governments
Productive but stressful work atmosphere
Data Entry Operator III (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAApril 6, 2012
entering both claims and journals for county departments. Iworked well with my coworkers and management. very political office.
Pros
decorate our cubicles
Cons
health care and advancement opportunities