Shasta Regional Medical Center

Shasta Regional Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Great learning environment
Current Vascular Technology Externship (Former Employee), Redding, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I have had a great opportunity to finish my one year clinical externship year at SRMC. I have had excellent guidance from my clinical instructors.
Great volunteer job
Junior Auxiliary Volunteer (Former Employee), Redding, CAFebruary 3, 2015
It is very slow but can pick up at any moment in the ER. The amount of objectives to complete is limited with the experience you are allowed.
great people, poor pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Redding, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: staff you work with
Cons: people you work for
great people to work with, great atmosphere. the pay is terrible and not competitive. The CEO do not fight for their work force and everyone from CNA, RN, Lab Techs, PT, Radiology, RT, are all grossly under paid. The also do not reward those who show that they worth more pay. those who are lazy and ignorant get paid the same as those who work hard and go above and beyond.
my review of SRMC
Volunteer/Emergency Room (Current Employee), Redding, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free meal a day
Cons: no pay
co-workers are very friendly, this was a volunteer job. learned alot of custodial skills at this job. great experience. hardest part of job was working extremely hard for no pay. the most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the faces of the patients when I was able to help them and going beyond my job scope to make them happy.
Most rewarding nursing position.
Oncology RN (Former Employee), Redding, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the amount of nursing experience on the floor, as many nurses were there over 5 to 20 years and were very dedicated.
Cons: the most difficult was to lose a patient you had taken care of for years.
This was my first nursing position out of school. The staff I worked with was exceptional due to their dedication to their jobs. I worked with nurses who where there over 20 years on the Oncology Unit. I gave chemotherapy as ordered by physicians. Provided information to maintain optimal health during chemotherapy and radiation. There was a wide variety of patients on this floor due to surgery being needed prior to chemotherapy, hospice care, various staff from the hospital having procedures. The nurses I worked with were always available to assist or to teach. The hardest part of this job was getting to know the patients over a period of time, and then assisting them and family through their death. Often times we would have patients on the floor for months at a time so we would become familiar with family.
Great work environment, but pay is not comparable for the area
CPT-1/EMT-B (Current Employee), Redding CAApril 3, 2014
Great place to work with a family feel environment. The only drawback is that you can go work up the hill for double your salary. Also, staffing is constantly short with no plans set in place to fix the issue.
Supervisor was not good
Payroll (Former Employee), Redding CaMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: tedious position with a unsupportive supervisor.
There were some great people but the controller over the accounting department was not a good person to work for. Other departments there may be great, but stay away from accounting.
Excellent company focused on providing the highest health care
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Redding, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: great benfits
Cons: long days
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at SRMC, I had great co-workers who were passionate about helping patients and were extremely talented. It's a fast paced job where I helped patients in all aspects, from being comfortable to helping them eat, to helping them wash and take care of themselves. Management for me was not very hands on as I was on nights. The hardest part for me was dealing with sick patients, people who are scared and in pain. The most enjoyable part was 3 days on 4 days off.
Fun highpace workplace
Internship/Volunteer (Current Employee), Redding, CAJune 29, 2013
I absolutley love interning here, Ive learned so many new things to do with the medical field and cant wait to learn more. I do a 12 hour shift like most and it tends to go by really fast because of how busy I am which makes the day 10 times better. My co-workers are very nice and very helpful when I have questions or need assitance. The hardest part of the job, no doubt, would be getting attached to the patients. The first time I had a patient pass away I cried my eyes out but it only made me want to do this job more and better. The absolute best and most enjoyable part is having a patient thank you for what you have done. Its an amazing feeling.
Very Caring Environment!
CNA (Former Employee), Redding, CAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: meeting and helping so many people!
Cons: n/a
My days were full of bed and patient preperation; paperwork; learned at least two new things daily!
Co-workers/ Management were some of the best I have ever had!
Work and Life balance were right on!
Hardest part of my job was leaving!
I enjoyed every part of this job!
fun place to work, Met alot of people
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Redding, CAJanuary 24, 2013
loved it. i had fun and met alot of new people.i enjoyed working for this company. even tho the manegment was no good
Work for a great company!
Wound Care Nurse LVN (Current Employee), Redding, CAMay 19, 2012
Pros: good people to work for, benefits are great!
Cons: lowest paid lvn in state.
SRMC is a great place to work. Only problem is there are only 3 LVN's that currently work there and only two are nursing positions, both of which are wound care. Be prepared to be the lowest paid LVN in the state if you make it in. Management and nursing staff work very well together. HR is there when you need them and my supervisor as wel as director has done well to keep me there after injuries outside of work.