Shasta Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

My job
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 26, 2017
This company was my first job as an ultrasound technologist
I enjoy coming to work each day. I have week on week off schedule
I get bored on the 7 days off, so I'm interested in working another job
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
Good place to work, low compensation
Phlebotomist, Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 6, 2017
Friendly people, most are new to their profession. Genuine people for the most part. Benefits and salary is terrible. Prime healthcare is not the best employer.
no teamwork, unkind staff members
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 28, 2017
The pharmacy job itself is not so bad but some of the employees are very rude and unkind to many new hires. Which is why a lot of the new hires quit after a year or less of working there. There is teamwork between some of the staff but overall there is not much teamwork at all. Management needs to do a better job at making sure new staff members are welcomed and that the older staff is nicer to them. It is almost like a high school environment there is lots of unnecessary drama between staff members.It is a very unhappy stressful environment.
Pros
Hospital Environment
Cons
Rude grumpy staff
Stayed Constantly Busy. Hardly any down time.
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 25, 2017
Hard to get breaks, learning environment harsh at times, however left with a wealth of knowledge that was new to me that I can and will utilize the rest of my career.
Great Co-workers
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I love my co-workers, there fun and have a goofy side to them. We all get along very well and would do anything for each other. The management however is not very good. They take advantage of us and do not provide adequate compensation for extra hours that the staff works. They are constantly understaffed due to the low pay rate and refuse to allow a pay raise to keep some of the best nurses I have ever seen.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Poor manegment
Family type setting but with horrible management
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 30, 2016
I worked in the Environmental department. And there is nothing but favoritism that goes on. You can bust your hump but if you're not the fave one it goes unnoticed. You can try and get out of that department like I have. I've been on interviews to be a tech problem is they call your supervisor to see if you're any good. And if you're not the "fave" you get turned down for the job
Benefits
Cons
Dirt poor pay for handling biohazard materials where you can go flip burgers for the same pay
good place to gain experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 10, 2016
Hospital is very short staffed. Management will float you to many different units unless you are in the ER or OR.Staff is generally nice to work with. Pay is terrible. Owner of the company refuses to give raises.
Pros
job security.
Diverse
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Redding, caMay 29, 2016
Friendly, caring, patient. Long hours and not enough staffing for that position. Training was simple and the staff that was there were very helpful.
I recomend them not only in a professional way but as a patient. Absolutely the best.
Nursing Assistant, Lab tech/phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 31, 2015
I loved my job at Shasta and all of the staff, co-workers and supervisors. I miss my job there I had to leave due to a dyeing family member, who needed my help back here in the San Francisco bay area The CEO was down to earth had a passion for a aseptic (clean ) hospital. He often interacted with the employees. It did not seem to matted who you were or what your job status was he made us all feel important. I really have nothing bad to say about that hospital . I miss that job! God Bless Shasta Reginal
Cons
Enjoy the work, co-workers are like family
PBX Switchboard Operator/Health Information Clerk (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 15, 2015
When working with public in emergency situations it takes a certain type of person. SRMC has a whole lot of employees with this certain quality.
Great staff, poor pay/benefits
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 27, 2015
Employs great staff but has poor retention. Learned a lot working for this company. However, there is high turnover and they are not competitive as far as pay/benefits.
Great learning environment
Current Vascular Technology Externship (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I have had a great opportunity to finish my one year clinical externship year at SRMC. I have had excellent guidance from my clinical instructors.
Great volunteer job
Junior Auxiliary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 3, 2015
It is very slow but can pick up at any moment in the ER. The amount of objectives to complete is limited with the experience you are allowed.
great people, poor pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 14, 2015
great people to work with, great atmosphere. the pay is terrible and not competitive. The CEO do not fight for their work force and everyone from CNA, RN, Lab Techs, PT, Radiology, RT, are all grossly under paid. The also do not reward those who show that they worth more pay. those who are lazy and ignorant get paid the same as those who work hard and go above and beyond.
Pros
staff you work with
Cons
people you work for
my review of SRMC
Volunteer/Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 4, 2015
co-workers are very friendly, this was a volunteer job. learned alot of custodial skills at this job. great experience. hardest part of job was working extremely hard for no pay. the most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the faces of the patients when I was able to help them and going beyond my job scope to make them happy.
Pros
free meal a day
Cons
no pay
Most rewarding nursing position.
Oncology RN (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 14, 2014
This was my first nursing position out of school. The staff I worked with was exceptional due to their dedication to their jobs. I worked with nurses who where there over 20 years on the Oncology Unit. I gave chemotherapy as ordered by physicians. Provided information to maintain optimal health during chemotherapy and radiation. There was a wide variety of patients on this floor due to surgery being needed prior to chemotherapy, hospice care, various staff from the hospital having procedures. The nurses I worked with were always available to assist or to teach. The hardest part of this job was getting to know the patients over a period of time, and then assisting them and family through their death. Often times we would have patients on the floor for months at a time so we would become familiar with family.
Pros
The amount of nursing experience on the floor, as many nurses were there over 5 to 20 years and were very dedicated.
Cons
The most difficult was to lose a patient you had taken care of for years.
Great work environment, but pay is not comparable for the area
CPT-1/EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Redding CAApril 3, 2014
Great place to work with a family feel environment. The only drawback is that you can go work up the hill for double your salary. Also, staffing is constantly short with no plans set in place to fix the issue.
Supervisor was not good
Payroll (Former Employee) –  Redding CaMarch 20, 2014
There were some great people but the controller over the accounting department was not a good person to work for. Other departments there may be great, but stay away from accounting.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Tedious position with a unsupportive supervisor.
Excellent company focused on providing the highest health care
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 7, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at SRMC, I had great co-workers who were passionate about helping patients and were extremely talented. It's a fast paced job where I helped patients in all aspects, from being comfortable to helping them eat, to helping them wash and take care of themselves. Management for me was not very hands on as I was on nights. The hardest part for me was dealing with sick patients, people who are scared and in pain. The most enjoyable part was 3 days on 4 days off.
Pros
Great benfits
Cons
Long days
Fun highpace workplace
Internship/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 29, 2013
I absolutley love interning here, Ive learned so many new things to do with the medical field and cant wait to learn more. I do a 12 hour shift like most and it tends to go by really fast because of how busy I am which makes the day 10 times better. My co-workers are very nice and very helpful when I have questions or need assitance. The hardest part of the job, no doubt, would be getting attached to the patients. The first time I had a patient pass away I cried my eyes out but it only made me want to do this job more and better. The absolute best and most enjoyable part is having a patient thank you for what you have done. Its an amazing feeling.