Shaw's Supermarket

Shaw's Supermarket Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Retail Operations Specialist-Center Store (Former Employee), West Bridgewater, MAJune 24, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Hours
Thought it was a great organization. Held on through some very turbulent times. Looks like they are healthy again and looking great.
Great place to work and even more friendly associates!
Produce Department Trainer (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHJune 15, 2015
Pros: excellent management staff, clean employee break room, store sponsored meals on holidays, employee rewards program
Cons: hours are frequently cut
Shaw's has always been a good employer to me and those I work around/with. Management's roster has changed over the four years i have been there but they are never a losing team. My co-workers have been nothing but nice and supportive of every decision i have made, and even at one point put their support behind me as a potential assistant manager when the position was vacant.
slow work place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJune 8, 2015
Cons: short breaks, low pay
Shaw's is not a bad place to work, everyone pretty much seem to keep to their self but in a friendly way. On a typical day business runs well but does not last for long. I worked in the produce department so I got pretty familiar with a lot of food that you can eat for good health. As for my coworker, It was a pain in the neck working with some of them but the hardest part of the job was coming in and finding the place in a complete mess. I did not get a lot of hours to work even though I was constantly asking but they made me do a lot. As for the most enjoyable part, I was just happy to have a job.
fun and accommodating job.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Peterborough, NHJune 5, 2015
Worked here while going to school. Very accommodating between school and work. Were very eager to work around my schedule. Everyone got along very well.
ok place to work
Customer Service/Checkout Supervisor (Former Employee), cranston, RIMay 28, 2015
It's a union job that's good if you're looking for part-time work. You work on weekends and some holidays and you're on your feet. The longer you're there the better hours you get. It's all about seniority.
Ok job
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 26, 2015
First job wasn't bad. Pay is minimum wage. Management can be tough. Very busy fast pace job. Meet new people everyday from all around the world.
bad job
Cashier (Former Employee), Montpelier, VTApril 13, 2015
Fired people that were full time and hired part time people
Assisted customers waiting to check out, scanned items, requested price checks when needed, honored appropriate coupons and gift cards, collected payments and gave accurate change, bagging the items into paper, plastic, and or reusable bags. Always being polite and using professional manners. Replaced un-purchased items back on the shelves.
A family value driven environment.
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee), New Haven, CTApril 13, 2015
No day was ever the same, Learned a lot about customer service and paying attention to what customers needed. It was a very fast pace setting and being alert was very critical to performing my duties effectively.
Great benefits
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Easton, MAApril 10, 2015
Working with a great crew serving fantastic customers. Plenty of opportunities to learn and hone your skills. Always room for advancement.
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee), Clinton, MAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good job
Cons: bad management at the time
I loved the job. I loved the customers and the pay was good. I didn't like the fact that I ended up sick with stomach issues and lost my job.
typical first job
Cashier/ Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), wareham MAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: wonderful coworkers
Cons: short breaks, stressful
This is a great job is you are still in high school and need a difficult schedule to follow. There is room for job advancements but if you aren't good friends with the higher ups then there is a good chance you won't be recognized. This job can be very stressful because some of the management will expect more work out of you in a shorter amount of time. Other than that, I met a lot of wonderful people here.
Terrible
Seafood Manager (Former Employee), Leominster, MAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: health benefits, 401k, indoor atmosphere
Cons: not allowed lunch breaks some days
Terrible company. No stability. Not profitable.
Work days were always different. Shifts were always changed last minute. Departments extremely understaffed. No work life balance. District management constantly contradicting each other making running a department hard since you are being told to do something different every week by multiple different managers. Bad business plan with too much product lost and very high prices compared to competitors.
Typical Day
Cashier (Current Employee), Derry, NHFebruary 10, 2015
My typical day at Shaws is handling currency, taking care of sales transactions, bagging and always being pleasant to the people that come through my line.

The best part of my job interacting with customers.
not a good place to work
deli/ la carte clerk (Current Employee), Raynham, Ma, 02767January 19, 2015
People are miserable, I've been their 7 years and make nothing have no respect from the managers and get treated horribly.
Fast paced
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
My postion required that I thought on my feet. My diplomatic skills were an asset in my postion. Every day was different.
good
Service Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Sharon, MAJanuary 11, 2015
as good as your immediate manager. no chance of being taken seriously as an employee and no opportunity for promotions
Friendly work environment could use more disciplined employees
Cashier, Bagger, HBC (Current Employee), Colchester, VTJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: customers, friendly environment, clean
Cons: short breaks, lack of discipline, favoritism among the younger employess
There are some issues with management and employees, such as treatment of customers and time management. Also, ordering supplies. A lot like high school as far as the front end is concerned, if Management did a better job controlling the cliches and the overall lack of customer relationship from some of their younger employees it would be a great place to work. I enjoy my job and love the customer relations I'm able to make but I feel my enthusiasm isn't matched by many of the younger employees and they get caught up in the gossip and friendships rather than the job at hand.
na
maintenance (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work for me was Helping Customers with there questions and finding items. Also packing there groceries and wishing them a nice day. I also did maintance which consisted of keeping the store clean as well as the bathrooms
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), West Roxbury, MADecember 12, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: no set hours
Extensive Customer Service.
You have to work directly with customers and you may have to work in other departments as requested by Store Managers.
A typical high school job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Braintree, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: discount on product.
Cons: poor pay, very little hours.
A decent company but with so many employees, it was hard (re: near impossible) to achieve full time work status. They rarely promoted unless you were close to management which was more or less unfair. It was a good step into the working world but miles away from where I am now and plan to be in the future.

1 2 3 4 5