Shaw's Employee Reviews

good company
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windham, NHNovember 14, 2017
fine people..great management....work is prideful..customers great,restorking, great fruit and veg, and comfortable work, management very helpful in needs and work place
Pros
great people
Shaw
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melrose, MANovember 13, 2017
I did not like working at shaw's at all, never had a get day at work it was always stressful and painful to go their. My manager was so rude to everyone even the customers
Do not waste your time!!!
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  MENovember 13, 2017
This company is the worst company to work for!! Management has no idea what they are doing. Some staff members are the worst! They will hire anyone! The produce that comes in is molded or wilted. The berries are the worst. We are made to pick through the molded berries and use what is still "good!" Fresh is not a word I would use to describe the product. Do not get a job there unless you have NO other choice!!!
As a job itself, it was pretty fair, sometimes pretty good, but I wouldn't try to make it a career
Clerk (Current Employee) –  New HampshireNovember 12, 2017
As I said, the job itself was good, especially considering it was a first job and I'm working there just to make some money while I'm in college. I like the managers there and made some pretty decent friends with my coworker's, i guess the only thing I really have against it are the lousy customers and the fact that Shaw's is run by a finance company that probably have never stepped foot in most of their stores. This leads to things like out of date appliances, delayed repairs etc.
Pros
easy enough to get a job and mostly good coworkers
Cons
huge gap of quality from one store to the next
Retired from there.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 12, 2017
Shaw’s was a rewarding place to work. With high wages and many advancement opportunities. They offer great training and a great opportunity for people of all skill levels. The company gave bonuses and held contests that challenged the imagination for great rewards.
Pros
401k and profit sharing also full paid health care
Cons
Advancement for me would mean relocating
I didn't really like working here
Check out Cashier and Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VTNovember 11, 2017
The Mangers at the time were insensitive and rude. The managers could be mean and hurtful at times and didn't help you understand things very well also it was had to get time off and you would get marks against your for missing work due to injury or family.
Small Town store
Delicatessen Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, VTNovember 9, 2017
I will say that the benefits were nice in that we got 2 hours of PTO for every 40 hours worked even if you were just a part time associate. Also when I first started there we got an extra $3 an hour for working Sundays but then it was bought out and it changed to an extra 10% and it's not like I was making $30 an hour so that sucked and Sunday shifts were hard to schedule.
productive fun and kinda unpredictable
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MANovember 8, 2017
go in hop behind a cahier bag push some carts at 6:00 I would change all the thrash barrels in the store then change the bottle return recycle them by throwing them on a truck to go get recycled the worst part of the job was dealing with sweeping the parking lot
Pros
random food in the break room and food all around to buy for break
Cons
when trying to get somthing on break not much time
Fun, reliable workplace
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2017
Great company to work for! The staff are all friendly, understanding and very supportive. The management team always held an open-door policy for all associates.
Not a bad career.
Assistant Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MANovember 6, 2017
Working at shaw's was interesting to say the least. During my time, there were many ups and downs. People I worked with and customers were mostly friendly. As far as management, they were always very disorganized, and never really knew exactly what was going on with the store. It was a good job, but hard work, with great benefits, but its just not working out anymore.
productive work place great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MANovember 6, 2017
while working at Shaw's the people were very nice and friendly and I was thankful to have received the opportunity to have worked there. the customers loved to come and shop and always left with a smile on their faces for the great customers services.
It was ok
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  multipleNovember 5, 2017
Inconsistent management from high up was the biggest problem. And being a union location didn't help. Both sides were always only ever trying to benefit themselves and the customer always seemed to be second.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
inconsistant goals
Interesting but Fast Paced
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 3, 2017
Dedicated to giving workers and shoppers a pleasant, non-discriminatory experience. Shaws and there incredible deals, and newly renovated store (Brockton East Location) is a wonderful place for anyone seeking part time, or full time work.
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTNovember 3, 2017
shaws was a great place to work when I was there. the enviroment was challenging sometime because of the occasional rush, but the people were great espicially the management always level headed and knew how to handle anything.
No room for growth
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MANovember 3, 2017
Shaw's is a good place to work if you are a high school or college student. There are not a lot of opportunities to work fulltime unless you want to be a manager.
Pros
Good benefits, mostly friendly coworkers
Cons
Bad supervisors, unprofessional communication between supervisors and employees
Okay
Deli Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 31, 2017
Was a fun place to work, had some fun times when I was there. I would go back if I hadn’t moved, management was awesome. It was a smal store so we all got to know each other, I was cross trained in several departments and I loved it.
Pros
Discounts, good location
Fast paced, busy working environment especially during holidays.
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Hanson, MAOctober 30, 2017
Shaw's was good for me because I lived down the street. I loved the night time shifts because they were slower and a bit more laid back. Management was good and our coworkers we were all friends.
Learned A Lot
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 26, 2017
I learned a lot at working from shaws. being in produce dept i was required to manage all of the items in that area. keeping track of inventory and rotations, and also ensuring that everything was within date.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, MAOctober 24, 2017
Shaws is an okay company. I can work there for money not career advancement.great and friendly staff. Schedulers are biased about giving eople hours on sunday since it time and half pay.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Inconsistent schedule
Do not work there
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 22, 2017
DO NOT WORK AT SHAWS! Its a great temporary summer job but its not great for a permanent job. The pay is under the minimum wage you work both weekend days or nights. You do not get the time off that you request and the labor is really low. Some departments in some stores are so under staffed that the work load is distributed un evenly.
Pros
you get health care
Cons
lower wages for longer hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw's. Our community is ready to answer.