Shaw Group Employee Reviews

Hard work
Extrusion Machine Operator Columbia (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 14, 2017
It would be better if people would talk to you to find out what’s going on. My mother passed away and I’ve been trying to speak to someone about the job and no one has gotten in contact with me about it.
If your just looking for a job well Shaw would be the place for you... If your looking for a career don't waste your time.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAOctober 11, 2017
The work isn't hard but everyday management is changing rules to accommodate their favor at Shaw...Hot in the summer and freeze you in the winter. Work 60 plus hours in the summer and winter you barely get 40 hours.
Cons
Benefit sucks...Shaw has a point system your points doesn't role off until a year
Shaw/cb&I
Site Specific Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAOctober 10, 2017
Worked at the Vogtle nuclear power plant construction project. Very high paced, challenging environment.

However, lots of yelling and arguing with a lack of higher level management understanding the problems.
Fair
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 3, 2017
Shaw promotes work/ life balance. Compensation is fair. It's a manufacturing company so Engineers tend to have the highest growth potential. Overall it was a good experience.
review
Industrial Laborer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, VAOctober 2, 2017
this was a good paying job and would recommend this job to anyone . I loved this job I would go back if I could management was kind of good most of the time
Didn't work there long enough to form an opinion
Design Checker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2017
I didn't work there long enough to form an opinion of the company as a whole. How ever at the office I worked at the managerial staff was in over their head. I was a design checker. I checked HVAC design against P&ID's and specifications. I found gross violations of accessibility to services as defined in the specs and was 'blown off' even with documentation provided. In my opinion corporate politics had placed people in managerial positions and they were in way over their head.
Focused on the bottom line
Senior Manager of Construction (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZSeptember 28, 2017
The company has a very large base of full time employees and maintains consistent opportunities for those who are selected to join them. The time that worked for Shaw Group, they were a very solid performer and we constructed and commissioned three units of Siemens 501G machines at the Harquahala Power Plant in Tonopah, AZ.
Pros
Great base of experienced personnel
Cons
Take care of their buddies
My Department
Technical Information Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2017
I liked having every Friday off! It allows us not to miss many days. I enjoyed the uptown surroundings. Some days, workloads were high but manageable.
fun workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 13, 2017
It was a fun work assignment and we always had meetings everyday so that we would know how much to do each day. It was also fast-paced work and they always make sure they employees was ok by giving water out.
Great exprience
Human Resources - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walker, LASeptember 13, 2017
Management was outstanding. Teammate were always there to help out. Enjoyed working there. learned many things about the fabrication world and industry.
Productive, balanced competitive group.
EHS Technician (Current Employee) –  Ringgold, GASeptember 11, 2017
The typical day at Shaw Industries is a productive area. It allows for a balanced culture where you can work on a pace according to your performance. Management is there to lend a helping hand.
I didnt leave i got laid off do to lack of work in shop
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCSeptember 8, 2017
Im a very hard worker im very dependable and take pride in my work.i take every opportunity to heart and will b grateful for it I work good with people and easy to get alone with
Fast pace
Engineering Document Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Walker, LASeptember 7, 2017
Busy all the time. Nice job, Great co-workers. Nice company. Hard to move up in job at times. Enjoyed my time there, a company would go back if a position was available.
Pros
Job
Beautiful Family!
Personal Nanny (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2017
I worked very closely with this family. They became a part of my family. I spent holidays and weekend trips with them on top of my weekly work schedule. The father was laid off and that is the only reason I no longer work for the family but I am still in touch with them.
Pros
lax schedule
Cons
was laid off
已经被卖掉
美国AP1000设计计划主管 (Former Employee) –  美国September 2, 2017
老板差,无心经验事业。专注于买进财务不好公司,经验几年后分解卖掉。自己得利员工倒霉。非常烂的老板。大家都同意。
Best Company I have worked for
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAAugust 29, 2017
I would recommend Shaw to anyone in the construction industry. They have great management and great people to work with. They show you that they care about you. The pay is good also and benefits are great. They understand when you travel for work that you need time off
Great company to work for
I & E Electrical Tech (Former Employee) –  Fulton ArAugust 28, 2017
Great company to work for and would work for again. I work construction and enjoyed working for them. I work on a project for 3 years with them, Would love to work for them again
Great opportunity to work on power plant projects
Engineering Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAAugust 14, 2017
Typical day shift office environment

Was provided company offsite training

Introduced to Intergraph SmartPlant Materials engineering requisitioning tools

Mostly seasoned veterans workforce
good working environment
Helper/scaffold builder (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCAugust 7, 2017
good working environment good way tp prder the jobs formans have a good attitude some time they give as a free food they have a considerations with workers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
shorts brakes wen is nesesary
great
Leadman/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Spencer, NCAugust 2, 2017
fun place to work
enjoyed working and starting a power plant

biggest place I have ever worked

great balance of working with production

great management