Shaw Group

Shaw Group Employer Reviews

Good place to "Settle"
Payroll Processor (Current Employee), Sulphur, LADecember 3, 2014
Pros: good work environment onsite
Cons: small change of advancement.
Overall a good company to work for unless you have any plans to advance...very hard to move out of the position you start in, however this company has no problem with adding to your work load without compensation. Management doesn't seem concerned with ongoing maintenance projects only get negative attention.
Production/Package Baler
Technician II/Baler Operator (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 29, 2014
Pros: two 15 minute breaks
Cons: 30 minute lunch breaks
A typical work day/night at Shaw-Lion Copolymer consist of manuel labor thru out your work shift. You must be alert at all times. I really enjoyed working at this place. For the most part I can say I worked with some awesome coworkers. My overall rating is 4 stars.
Senior Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: that was my first job with those big huge project
Cons: mangement
Working in Nuclear work goes slowly. A lot of checking of the engineering calculations.
Shaw was very easy to work for
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Eden, NCNovember 15, 2014
Pros: you were always informed of what was to be done nightly
Cons: getting to get the union workers to move at a faster pace when needed
We had meetings daily to let everyone know what the plan of the day was ,I thought that was very important. Everyone was very helpful if you needed it. Everyone was there to help each other. The only hard part was the pace of the work at times other that that work was a place that was enjoyable to go to.
good
Boilermaker (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: weather
I went to work every day with a positve attitued. I was able to learn to techniques for prefoming my job. I enjoyed the peopel i worked with and management. The hardest part was meeitng deadline and the most enjoyable was meeting deadlines.
Theres a reason they sold out to CB&I
QA/QC-Inspector (Former Employee), Port Allen, LANovember 11, 2014
When I was nearing my tenure working for shaw they had fallen into using the good ol boy network for hiring on my site
great co.
Heavy Equipment Operator/ Environmental Department (Former Employee), Saint Paul, VANovember 7, 2014
good people, great benefits, good way to make a living and provide for a family
company was taken over
Desktop and Network Support Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: none noted
Cons: many unfortunately
Busy day at work. however teh Owner of Shaw Incorporated was ruthless and cut what we thought were essential staff. this caused a major down fall and left many with a bad taste. Eventually the company failed in the engineering market and was sold out from under everyone
Lot of chance to work with new people
Foreman/Pipefitter (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LANovember 4, 2014
Pros: good wages
Cons: health care plan, little time with family
Working around new people on a weekly basis, the job was enjoyable to be part building something very unique
A Positive Place to be Train
Field Safety/Trainer (Former Employee), Fulton Ark.November 3, 2014
As a Safety trainer, I believed that I was the first line of defence before the team went out into the field to begin the craft. I had the responsibility of making sure that I bring the field into the classroom and identify the hazards that could come up. Communication, thinking outside the box, being a team player even more.
my review is summed up with alot of goods and bads
Rigger (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 31, 2014
A typical day at work would start with a {JSA} jobs afety analys to go over the do's and don'ts of the job for that day.Then u plan your day as it goes along pick after pick.Something that you learn is to be safe safety is the most important thing to learn on a construction site if not real bad things can happen and people get injuried and that not – more... good so the main thing to learn is SAFETY FIRST.Management sometimes makes the job more difficult that is should be because the craft employees might have a different oppion about something and management dose'nt want to listen they like it there way so that leaves the skilled worker as to beleive his oppion has no influnce on the job at hand.Co-workers u try to work together with every body but sometimes that is not always the way it works so when something like that goes wrong work should stop everybody regroup and have a group disscuion to point out the problem and see if it can be resolved in a timely manner.The hardestpart of the job is making sure that everyone is working together sometimes some co-workers like to lay back and let someone else take up there slack and that puts alot of pressure on other people which creates problems with each other so every one needs to carry there own weight not to leave it to someone else to pick it up for them.The most enjoyable part of the job is when u go to work and everyone works together and makes the job run smooth for everyone .When u have a group of people that work with each other everything tends to run alot better than when u got one or two who want to not work with everyone else.BUT THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE DAY IS WHEN U HAVE A VERY SUCESSFUL DAY ON THE JOB ALL THE WORK THAT HAS BEEN PLANED GETS DONE AND EVERYONE LEAVES THE WAY THEY COME IN INJURY FREE THAT'S AN ENJOYABLE DAY AT WORK THINK SAFETY FIRST AND THE REST WILL PLAY IT'S OWN PART – less
Team environment and mentality.
Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee), Worthington, OHOctober 31, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Always working on new and improved ways of executing work flow. Researched and applied best practices for paperless environment.
worse experience in my live!!!
staff scientist (Former Employee), miami lakesOctober 22, 2014
I finished my school so exited that I got my firth professional job but all my dreams were down in this fake company. The personals don't talk each other , they don't discuss the project between them and the management the worse ever seem in my life.

I have a Latino background and several time I was force to not use native language. 3 times they scream – more... to my, point me for my lack of experience.

I preferred come back to work in the jungle or sometimes monkeys are better animal that them.

The only think that I appreciated is that they give my at least one reference letter for my next job.

The project manager is an unfranking control communist.

Now I got another job with the best professional people and I don't have to deal with beast any more....

Next time I want my lower!!!! – less
Company values
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee), Aiken, SCSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: reasonable health insurance, yearly incentive pay, relocation opportunites, paid vacation and sick time
Cons: unpaid lunch breaks (unless otherwise noted), you had the opportunity to purchase a healthcare plan
This review is for Areva Federal Services

I am an employee of Areva Federal Services which co-partners with Shaw,

Areva Federal Services value their employees. They are family sensitive company. They show concerns for your work environment and have an open door policy to come see the Areva HR Manager that you are assigned to, considering anything. – more... There's no worry of intimidation or reprisal for addressing your concerns.

Training and updating you on what goes on in the company is one of their main focuses. You don't have to be concern about how the company is doing, any new developments is updated almost daily if not weekly. – less
Productive. Helping others through a disaster and tragedy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2014
My job incorporated helping families that was affected and/or destroyed by hurricane Sandy. We restored and provided heat, hot water and electricity. The hardest part of the job was seeing these families in distress and trying to provide the best service so that they would be able to get back on there feet. I learned alot about working as a team. My – more... coworkers and I found that we were a great unit and did the best we could. I enjoyed seeing these families happy and able to go back int there homes. – less
Enjoyed with with the service members
Travel Clerk III (Former Employee), Ft RuckerAugust 15, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: them lossing the contract
Really enjoyed doing my job. They were understanding and listened to their employees
Interesting Project Work with high level of resposibilities
Scheduler II/ Sr. Project Accountant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, Fl and Monroeville, PaAugust 14, 2014
Pros: work independently
Cons: frequent changes in supervisors
My 12 years with CBI/Shaw Group was spent mainly on site for environmental remediation projects with the US Army Corp of Engineers as a project accountant and as a cost scheduler and sometime both roles on the same project. I also was involved in very successful commercial projects. I traveled throughout the US setting up projects, preparing codes and – more... budgets for projects ranging from $1m to $54M. I reviewed weekly labor, material, and subcontractor transactions weekly to ensure correct month end reports. Tracked purchase order values and prepared purchase order requisitions. Prepared schedules in the Primavera software program. Prepare month end cost variance reports along with SOX statements. I reviewed and processed invoices for processing, prepared government inventory reports, tracked and labeled government property, updated equipment logs, prepared lien releases, closed out purchase orders and assisted in demobilization of several projects. – less
great place to work
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee), Saint Paul, VAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great pay and excellent benefits
Cons: they are to big on safety they will fire you for about anything
I really enjoyed working at shaw. You have the opportunity to learn.
not alot of work in my area
electrican aprentance (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 24, 2014
electrical refiners construction ground grids instrumentation they were good company but don't have work in corpus christi area
productive and fun expereince job with great people to work with
Laborer/Iron worker helper (Former Employee), Saint Paul, VAJune 25, 2014
Pros: lunches was great
Cons: health hazards
find steel for ironworkers, firewatch,holewatch, manger of bolt room, clean all debris of trash and safety issues

1 2 3 4 5

About Shaw Group

The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental – Read more