Shaw Group Employee Reviews

Difficult but a nice place to work
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Head, ALMay 24, 2017
At shaws inc, is a nice place to work, but in a fast pace environment and sometimes dangerous and the staff their are very friendly and will help one at need.
Shaw was a good company to work for.
Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 24, 2017
I worked several turn around jobs for shaw and they always had work & seemed to treat employees fair and give them room for advancement opportunities.
Pros
Plenty hours and good pay
Cons
No benefits on turn arounds
great benefits
Creeler/trainer (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMay 11, 2017
Shaw is a great place to work with job advancement opportunities and great benefits. Cons are: they have a point system that does not accept doctor excuses.
Unstable
Paralegal/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 8, 2017
Unfortunately, there is not much job stability with CB&I (formerly known as The Shaw Group Inc) due to an upcoming sale of a portion of the business which is approximately 15,000 people.
Benefits
Cons
Unstable job opportunities
Shaw Group / CB&I is a great company to work with!
QUALITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  GuamMay 7, 2017
A typical day at work consists of NON-ROUTINE activities! You never repeat a day like yesterday. I loved that about this company. I learned that I am the type of person who appreciates ensuring precision and accuracy, together with safety as work is performed. Management was a great team. They asked for opinions and listened. Workplace culture has its issues, as does any company. It depends on how you, as an individual, learns how to handle them. The hardest part of the job would be trying to get the field workforce educated and understand why certain instructions are implemented. But overall, I enjoyed every moment working with this company.
High impact company associated with providing electrical power stations in America
Director ERP Systems (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 16, 2017
The Shaw Group was a company which had been positioned to grow in the EPCF industry but was unfavorable impacted by the resulting impact of the 911 events.

Had 911 not occurred, Shaw was in a position to not only grow but also to provide America with a reliable form of electrical power from the natural gas industry.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Massively impacted in an unfavorable manner by the events of 911
wonderful place to work
Piping Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 15, 2017
This company provided the broadest training for interns; we were invited to company outings, site openings and were allowed a great degree of freedom in work selection. I would have like to have returned there full time. however, they closed doors and were sold off by the parent company.
Great Company
Assistant Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCApril 13, 2017
Loved Working with the people made a lot of great friends that I can call family. The pay was fair and they were understanding of any needs I had at home.
good job
Creeler (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, GAApril 4, 2017
I would help the line management with the machine and I loaded the line. I would melt the yarn off the tubes when we were done for the day. the hardest part of the day was working 12 hrs a day
Creeler
Creeler (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 29, 2017
I learned how to creel and move at a fast paste. I like working for Shaw it was a great company to work for. I thought me a lot. My tranier was great and thought me everything I needed to know I learned every quickly​. I was doing my position on my own within the first 2 days.
Cons
Better pay
Worked in relaxed group but meet many pay day marks banking profits for company
Mechanical Designer Piping (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2017
The company worked 50 hr 40 hr schedule thus getting every other week end off long week end.Worked with site team to ensure proper installation schedule

Had many meetings to discuss schedule and recognize accomplishments of teams.

Very nice party schedule for holidays.
Pros
Some what of relaxed schedule on work hours
Cons
Some one may be looking over your shoulder to keep up with promise dats
great place to work
Expediter (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 16, 2017
Really great place to work a lot of really good people and its very well managed with a clean environment. The pay is really good and the work is very consistent overall great place to work.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Good place to gain experience
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 10, 2017
Vacation time and sick time met typical industry standards

Upper management seemed distant at times

Corporate structure was a bit excessive

Compensation was a bit below industry standards
the employs are very great and most of the managers
Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work but the point system they use if kind of unfair especially if you are in the hospital and they still give you ponts to the point that they then fire you!!!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Point system
Really like working for Shaw. Would definitely work for them again if offered a job in my line of work,
Journeyman fitter (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, VAFebruary 28, 2017
I like the company and my superiors when working with Shaw. I learned quite a bit and was given chances to advance. The job was close to home and the pay was good.I always had someone I could talk to if I needed help or did not understand something.
Steel Foreman (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCFebruary 9, 2017
Great company, had a good time. great supervision to work with. I erected steel and rigged. good work incentives as well. I had a great time with this company.
Interesting work overall
Civil Structural Architectural Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day would be logging onto the computer looking into the engineering software that I had been using for the designs and get done before the deadline.

I learned the engineering software that was available there and how to manage my time with other projects in order to complete them.

I wish the management would inform our team on a week to week basis to see how the progression is. We had done that before but then it kind of went away.

Great environment to work in. Spacious cubicles with easy access to obtain resources.

The hardest part is trying to get a lot of work done in a short time.

The most enjoyable part is working on projects that are very interesting with a good group of people.
Safe working environment,
Level4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 30, 2017
Safe working environment.
Company is continually offering training to advance your knowledge. More of a family attitude.
Encouraged advancement.
Dependable company.
Pros
Safe workplace
Cons
Plants are not climate controlled
Shaw Group
Electrical Designer Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work. Very safety oriented workplace, concerned about their employees and the environment. The employees and managers were always helpful and had plenty of positive input on all of my work assignments.
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, OregonJanuary 12, 2017
Again. A lot of hard working men, that dnt care 2 give advice 2 some 1 was green took there time with was wonderful coming in not know wat 2 expect, ,in genral a good Company.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Wish it lasted longer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval