Shaw Group

Shaw Group Employee Reviews

awesome workplace
Industrial Laborer (Former Employee), Saint Paul, VAJune 28, 2015
Pros: yes
Cons: no
Good job culture good management good job security good comp benefits good job work like good pay good lunch and drinks and if u wanna know more then go to there website and check it out
I work on new nuclear construction site, building two new nuclear reactor menaging survey department (currently 40 surveyors on the site)
Survey Lead / Field Engineer (Current Employee), Waynesboro, GAJune 26, 2015
Typical construction site where you can learn a lot about nuclear construction. Very detailed kind of job with a lot of regulation you will not experience anywhere else.
Ehhh
Civil Field Engineer I (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJune 2, 2015
Co-workers: most were very knowledgeable and willing to help. Some not so much. The Leads were awesome!
Management: The higher you went up the chain the worse they got at least that's how it was on the job I was on.
Benefits were great!
Very productive and well managed company.
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Pueblo, COApril 29, 2015
Pros: Good pay, relaxed work atmosphere.
Cons: Location, it was very cold.
This was a great company to work for. I met some interesting people from all walks of life and left with some lifelong friends.
Excavation at it's best.
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GAMarch 27, 2015
10 hour days
That excavation is the foundation of building a nuclear site
Management was very ladi back with a go-getter attitude.
Co-workers are now good friends
Being laid off.
Most enjoyable was meeting new people and seeing how the ground formation changes.
Fast pace
Program Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: minimal structure.
The company was a fast paced organization and was a good place to work. The company has been sold to CB&I.

The company allowed an independent work environment.
Shaw Group
Exec/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stoughton, MAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Company was very big at one time and there was a lot to learn and do when busy. Opportunities to learn new things. However there were major changes which pared the company down.
No longer a company
Project Controls Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 10, 2015
Shaw Group was sold, partially to Technip and partially to CB&I. I have no experience working for either of these companies
Very Busy
Scaffold Builder Lead (Former Employee), La Porte, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: 401k, insurance etc
Planning, focus, determine, on jobs that where assign and most important of all working safe at all times. Building platforms for skilled crafted workers to perform there jobs on columns,gear pumps, piping ,beam structures,and assigning people for different jobs in the plant.
Productive and safe work place
Industrial Welder (Former Employee), Mooresboro, NCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: short break every two hours, christmas gift card, bonus check saftey bonus
Cons: contract work
Great place to work,with good benefits and compensation. I like the fact that management actually cares about you and your job. I would recommend anyone to work for this company.
older plant poor management
Millwright (Former Employee), Geismar, LAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: ot
Cons: unwanted ot
hammer mechanic not true millwright work . come with the 5 mins before knock off time we need 3 people to stay and always same people. got old quick
Excellent work/life balance.
Energy & Sustainability Specialist II (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 16, 2015
Working at CB&I has been an overall positive experience. The type of work varies, and employees have a great deal of flexibility. Please contact me directly if interested in learning more about my experience with CB&I.
manufacturing
Manufacturing Work (Former Employee), Chatsworth, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: does not train completely
worked in 2 depts and the twisting dept was some heavy lifting, the tufting had several depts which had a great supervisor
Currently employed with CBI- they bought Shaw
Piping Designer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 13, 2015
Presently working as a Piping Designer. This company has helped me grow in my field by providing me with piping leads and co-workers that are easy to work with and enjoyable to be around.
Great workplace
Buyer/Purchasing (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: having to travel so far for work
Review requisitions and place orders for all general foreman. Maintain rental log for all equipment on site,
offshore department very family orientated and very professional
RIGGER (Current Employee), DELCAMBRE,LA.January 9, 2015
Pros: you name it !!!!!!!!!!
Cons: cant think of any lol .
i just got hired on 12/2014.the company is owned by CHICAGO BRIDGE AND IRONWORKS,CB&I.from the human resources, secretaries,office personnel,yard hands,shop hands,offshore division,offshore and land workers ,land division,safety department,van drivers,thats right they bring you to work from the shop ,I'm talking about every single job position ,all these people are very professional,know their job or craft to a tee ,believe me if you cant cut the mustard sort of speaking you dont belong there!!!!!!!!!! overall ,the best company to work for i can already tell :) ..
thanks CB&I ,SHAW ,and my offshore operations Supervisor for giving me a opportunity to work for you ,i may have hired on as a rigger but will retire as a supervisor !
R.G.
Good place to "Settle"
Payroll Processor (Current Employee), Sulphur, LADecember 3, 2014
Pros: good work environment onsite
Cons: small change of advancement.
Overall a good company to work for unless you have any plans to advance...very hard to move out of the position you start in, however this company has no problem with adding to your work load without compensation. Management doesn't seem concerned with ongoing maintenance projects only get negative attention.
Production/Package Baler
Technician II/Baler Operator (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 29, 2014
Pros: two 15 minute breaks
Cons: 30 minute lunch breaks
A typical work day/night at Shaw-Lion Copolymer consist of manuel labor thru out your work shift. You must be alert at all times. I really enjoyed working at this place. For the most part I can say I worked with some awesome coworkers. My overall rating is 4 stars.
Senior Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: that was my first job with those big huge project
Cons: mangement
Working in Nuclear work goes slowly. A lot of checking of the engineering calculations.
Shaw was very easy to work for
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Eden, NCNovember 15, 2014
Pros: you were always informed of what was to be done nightly
Cons: getting to get the union workers to move at a faster pace when needed
We had meetings daily to let everyone know what the plan of the day was ,I thought that was very important. Everyone was very helpful if you needed it. Everyone was there to help each other. The only hard part was the pace of the work at times other that that work was a place that was enjoyable to go to.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shaw Group

The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental – Read more

Shaw Group Salaries