Shaw Group

Shaw Group Employer Reviews

Very Busy
Scaffold Builder Lead (Former Employee), La Porte, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: 401k, insurance etc
Planning, focus, determine, on jobs that where assign and most important of all working safe at all times. Building platforms for skilled crafted workers to perform there jobs on columns,gear pumps, piping ,beam structures,and assigning people for different jobs in the plant.
Productive and safe work place
Industrial Welder (Former Employee), Mooresboro, NCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: short break every two hours, christmas gift card, bonus check saftey bonus
Cons: contract work
Great place to work,with good benefits and compensation. I like the fact that management actually cares about you and your job. I would recommend anyone to work for this company.
older plant poor management
Millwright (Former Employee), Geismar, LAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: ot
Cons: unwanted ot
hammer mechanic not true millwright work . come with the 5 mins before knock off time we need 3 people to stay and always same people. got old quick
Excellent work/life balance.
Energy & Sustainability Specialist II (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 16, 2015
Working at CB&I has been an overall positive experience. The type of work varies, and employees have a great deal of flexibility. Please contact me directly if interested in learning more about my experience with CB&I.
manufacturing
Manufacturing Work (Former Employee), Chatsworth, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: does not train completely
worked in 2 depts and the twisting dept was some heavy lifting, the tufting had several depts which had a great supervisor
Currently employed with CBI- they bought Shaw
Piping Designer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 13, 2015
Presently working as a Piping Designer. This company has helped me grow in my field by providing me with piping leads and co-workers that are easy to work with and enjoyable to be around.
Great workplace
Buyer/Purchasing (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: having to travel so far for work
Review requisitions and place orders for all general foreman. Maintain rental log for all equipment on site,
offshore department very family orientated and very professional
RIGGER (Current Employee), DELCAMBRE,LA.January 9, 2015
Pros: you name it !!!!!!!!!!
Cons: cant think of any lol .
i just got hired on 12/2014.the company is owned by CHICAGO BRIDGE AND IRONWORKS,CB&I.from the human resources, secretaries,office personnel,yard hands,shop hands,offshore division,offshore and land workers ,land division,safety department,van drivers,thats right they bring you to work from the shop ,I'm talking about every single job position ,all these people are very professional,know their job or craft to a tee ,believe me if you cant cut the mustard sort of speaking you dont belong there!!!!!!!!!! overall ,the best company to work for i can already tell :) ..
thanks CB&I ,SHAW ,and my offshore operations Supervisor for giving me a opportunity to work for you ,i may have hired on as a rigger but will retire as a supervisor !
R.G.
Good place to "Settle"
Payroll Processor (Current Employee), Sulphur, LADecember 3, 2014
Pros: good work environment onsite
Cons: small change of advancement.
Overall a good company to work for unless you have any plans to advance...very hard to move out of the position you start in, however this company has no problem with adding to your work load without compensation. Management doesn't seem concerned with ongoing maintenance projects only get negative attention.
Production/Package Baler
Technician II/Baler Operator (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 29, 2014
Pros: two 15 minute breaks
Cons: 30 minute lunch breaks
A typical work day/night at Shaw-Lion Copolymer consist of manuel labor thru out your work shift. You must be alert at all times. I really enjoyed working at this place. For the most part I can say I worked with some awesome coworkers. My overall rating is 4 stars.
Senior Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: that was my first job with those big huge project
Cons: mangement
Working in Nuclear work goes slowly. A lot of checking of the engineering calculations.
Shaw was very easy to work for
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Eden, NCNovember 15, 2014
Pros: you were always informed of what was to be done nightly
Cons: getting to get the union workers to move at a faster pace when needed
We had meetings daily to let everyone know what the plan of the day was ,I thought that was very important. Everyone was very helpful if you needed it. Everyone was there to help each other. The only hard part was the pace of the work at times other that that work was a place that was enjoyable to go to.
good
Boilermaker (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: weather
I went to work every day with a positve attitued. I was able to learn to techniques for prefoming my job. I enjoyed the peopel i worked with and management. The hardest part was meeitng deadline and the most enjoyable was meeting deadlines.
Theres a reason they sold out to CB&I
QA/QC-Inspector (Former Employee), Port Allen, LANovember 11, 2014
When I was nearing my tenure working for shaw they had fallen into using the good ol boy network for hiring on my site
great co.
Heavy Equipment Operator/ Environmental Department (Former Employee), Saint Paul, VANovember 7, 2014
good people, great benefits, good way to make a living and provide for a family
company was taken over
Desktop and Network Support Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: none noted
Cons: many unfortunately
Busy day at work. however teh Owner of Shaw Incorporated was ruthless and cut what we thought were essential staff. this caused a major down fall and left many with a bad taste. Eventually the company failed in the engineering market and was sold out from under everyone
Lot of chance to work with new people
Foreman/Pipefitter (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LANovember 4, 2014
Pros: good wages
Cons: health care plan, little time with family
Working around new people on a weekly basis, the job was enjoyable to be part building something very unique
A Positive Place to be Train
Field Safety/Trainer (Former Employee), Fulton Ark.November 3, 2014
As a Safety trainer, I believed that I was the first line of defence before the team went out into the field to begin the craft. I had the responsibility of making sure that I bring the field into the classroom and identify the hazards that could come up. Communication, thinking outside the box, being a team player even more.
my review is summed up with alot of goods and bads
Rigger (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 31, 2014
A typical day at work would start with a {JSA} jobs afety analys to go over the do's and don'ts of the job for that day.Then u plan your day as it goes along pick after pick.Something that you learn is to be safe safety is the most important thing to learn on a construction site if not real bad things can happen and people get injuried and that not good so the main thing to learn is SAFETY FIRST.Management sometimes makes the job more difficult that is should be because the craft employees might have a different oppion about something and management dose'nt want to listen they like it there way so that leaves the skilled worker as to beleive his oppion has no influnce on the job at hand.Co-workers u try to work together with every body but sometimes that is not always the way it works so when something like that goes wrong work should stop everybody regroup and have a group disscuion to point out the problem and see if it can be resolved in a timely manner.The hardestpart of the job is making sure that everyone is working together sometimes some co-workers like to lay back and let someone else take up there slack and that puts alot of pressure on other people which creates problems with each other so every one needs to carry there own weight not to leave it to someone else to pick it up for them.The most enjoyable part of the job is when u go to work and everyone works together and makes the job run smooth for everyone .When u have a group of people that work with each other everything tends to run alot better than when u got one or two who want to not work with everyone else.BUT THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE DAY IS WHEN U HAVE A VERY SUCESSFUL DAY ON THE JOB ALL THE WORK THAT HAS BEEN PLANED GETS DONE AND EVERYONE LEAVES THE WAY THEY COME IN INJURY FREE THAT'S AN ENJOYABLE DAY AT WORK THINK SAFETY FIRST AND THE REST WILL PLAY IT'S OWN PART
Team environment and mentality.
Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee), Worthington, OHOctober 31, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Always working on new and improved ways of executing work flow. Researched and applied best practices for paperless environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shaw Group

The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental – Read more

Shaw Group Salaries