Shaw Group Employee Reviews

Saftey is the key
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cliffside, NCJuly 24, 2017
I actually learned alot about safety while working for the company. Honestly, I didn't realize how important a slip and fall could be until it happened there. Someone forget to put a wet sign up after cleaning the area which caused an accident and lawsuit.
A fair company to work for.
Lead Millwright (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70809July 24, 2017
The staff and management treated the workers fairly. Management seemed fairly knowledgeable and had an answer for any concern or work issue that arose. if they didn't have the answer, they took time to find the correct answer.
Pros
chilled work environment
Cons
short term contract work
Believe they were bought out!
Combo Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 22, 2017
I believe they were bought out by Chicago Bridge & Iron. So given that,before the buy out Shaw was a great company to work for,I met one of my best friends on that job with them and wished they were still in business!
Pros
To many to state
Cons
Cant think of any cons
fast work pace
Pipe Stamper (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for Shaw. The men were hard workers but liked to have fun. The culture was laid back and in formal. The company was family oriented. Great place to work.
Pros
Family picnic every year
Cons
Very noisy
Very Professional Business
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2017
Shaw is an Engineering based Company with very specific needs. My opportunity was to provide details to the project they requested information for the purpose of bidding of a Government. Great experience.
Pros
Great experience
Shaw review
Various positions (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 8, 2017
They were great at advancing your career. I started as document control, which I had never done before. But then I was able to move into design work. They made it easy to make moves within the company.
cut throat kind of place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 5, 2017
supervisor and management are back stabbers !! they don't care about the employees they talk to you like you are a dog and expect you to respect them .
nice place
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 5, 2017
nice place to work was there form 39 years job played out would work for them again if I could find the right job they have really good benefits and good people to work with
Pros
nice people
Cons
jobs added
I do not feel at liberty to discuss company details due to the confidential nature of the Business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 26, 2017
Answer nation-wide incoming calls, extensive pass-fail training in medical and pharmaceutical terminology. Teamwork is a necessity. Supportive leadership.
Pros
Great medical and pharmaceutical terminology training
Cons
Extemely strict adherence to privacy which is actually a pros
This is really Stone And Webster
ENGINEER 1 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2017
Management is good and provide clear directions and good communication. Hardest part of the job is when working with third parties/India. I learned a lot about Process Design from this Company.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Not much work available when economy is slow

Want to know more about Shaw Group?

Ask a question
Company Has Closed
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJune 7, 2017
Filed and won a harassment lawsuit against the Global HR Manager. This place is an old boys club and they have sold to Bechtel. Not a very good place to work for women unless harassment is your thing.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Horrible and Expensive Benefits and Sexist Culture
Very profesional
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJune 4, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Shaw group.t he supervisors were always willing to help you and give you any tool at their disposal for your success.i would not only work there again. But would recommend the company to anyone
Pros
A good safe Workin enviromen
Cons
Travel
Great people!
COMMERCIAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 3, 2017
Great place to work with amazing people willing to contribute to company goals, as well as see individuals succeed and grow. I can definitely see why they are as design and innovation leading as they are.
Top notch place to work
Quality Control Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 2, 2017
Enjoyed working there. Always new training going on to better the employees. Very high standards of excellence. Very fun and at same time structured place to work
Pros
Could make up days or sick hours on other shifts
Cons
People lied about other people
Difficult but a nice place to work
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Head, ALMay 24, 2017
At shaws inc, is a nice place to work, but in a fast pace environment and sometimes dangerous and the staff their are very friendly and will help one at need.
Shaw was a good company to work for.
Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 24, 2017
I worked several turn around jobs for shaw and they always had work & seemed to treat employees fair and give them room for advancement opportunities.
Pros
Plenty hours and good pay
Cons
No benefits on turn arounds
great benefits
Creeler/trainer (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMay 11, 2017
Shaw is a great place to work with job advancement opportunities and great benefits. Cons are: they have a point system that does not accept doctor excuses.
Unstable
Paralegal/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 8, 2017
Unfortunately, there is not much job stability with CB&I (formerly known as The Shaw Group Inc) due to an upcoming sale of a portion of the business which is approximately 15,000 people.
Benefits
Cons
Unstable job opportunities
Shaw Group / CB&I is a great company to work with!
QUALITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  GuamMay 7, 2017
A typical day at work consists of NON-ROUTINE activities! You never repeat a day like yesterday. I loved that about this company. I learned that I am the type of person who appreciates ensuring precision and accuracy, together with safety as work is performed. Management was a great team. They asked for opinions and listened. Workplace culture has its issues, as does any company. It depends on how you, as an individual, learns how to handle them. The hardest part of the job would be trying to get the field workforce educated and understand why certain instructions are implemented. But overall, I enjoyed every moment working with this company.
High impact company associated with providing electrical power stations in America
Director ERP Systems (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 16, 2017
The Shaw Group was a company which had been positioned to grow in the EPCF industry but was unfavorable impacted by the resulting impact of the 911 events.

Had 911 not occurred, Shaw was in a position to not only grow but also to provide America with a reliable form of electrical power from the natural gas industry.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Massively impacted in an unfavorable manner by the events of 911