Shaw Group Employee Reviews

the employs are very great and most of the managers
Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work but the point system they use if kind of unfair especially if you are in the hospital and they still give you ponts to the point that they then fire you!!!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Point system
Really like working for Shaw. Would definitely work for them again if offered a job in my line of work,
Journeyman fitter (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, VAFebruary 28, 2017
I like the company and my superiors when working with Shaw. I learned quite a bit and was given chances to advance. The job was close to home and the pay was good.I always had someone I could talk to if I needed help or did not understand something.
Steel Foreman (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCFebruary 9, 2017
Great company, had a good time. great supervision to work with. I erected steel and rigged. good work incentives as well. I had a great time with this company.
Interesting work overall
Civil Structural Architectural Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day would be logging onto the computer looking into the engineering software that I had been using for the designs and get done before the deadline.

I learned the engineering software that was available there and how to manage my time with other projects in order to complete them.

I wish the management would inform our team on a week to week basis to see how the progression is. We had done that before but then it kind of went away.

Great environment to work in. Spacious cubicles with easy access to obtain resources.

The hardest part is trying to get a lot of work done in a short time.

The most enjoyable part is working on projects that are very interesting with a good group of people.
Safe working environment,
Level4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 30, 2017
Safe working environment.
Company is continually offering training to advance your knowledge. More of a family attitude.
Encouraged advancement.
Dependable company.
Pros
Safe workplace
Cons
Plants are not climate controlled
Shaw Group
Electrical Designer Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work. Very safety oriented workplace, concerned about their employees and the environment. The employees and managers were always helpful and had plenty of positive input on all of my work assignments.
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, OregonJanuary 12, 2017
Again. A lot of hard working men, that dnt care 2 give advice 2 some 1 was green took there time with was wonderful coming in not know wat 2 expect, ,in genral a good Company.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Wish it lasted longer.
Fair employment
General Foreman / Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Fair place to work, worked with many talented people, both in labor to engineers.
Traveled to different project locations, some being at a distance away.
Pros
Able to learn different things
Cons
Difficult to advance
great company
Utilities Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJanuary 6, 2017
helped build scaffolds, bolt up flanges and worked the production line
learned how to drive a forklift and bag product in super sacks
coworkers was great to work with
hardest part of the job was wearing fresh air and acid suits to do the bolt up
Loyal to permanent employees and no one else.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 13, 2016
I worked for Shaw as a temp for over a year and was told countless times that as soon as possible I would be brought in permanently. When the position I was in was finally able to be filled permanently I was passed over for someone else from a different department and after a year in that position was given 2 weeks notice. In the end it worked out better for me. I found a better paying job with a great company, but it soured me on Shaw. I won't every apply to them again.
Pros
Co workers were nice
Cons
They don't mean what they say
safe work enviroment
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2016
very friendly and fun environment. great co-workers. Working outside in the summer would have to be one the hard parts of the job.
great part of the job would have to be everyone working together as a team.
Operations day to day
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2016
Day at work were morning with production and warehouse to ensure we had inventory and personnel to accomplish goals.
Learned how to use lean manufacturing to maximize production.
Co workers were good.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with upper management.
Watching employees get better each day and the pride they had.
Pros
hours
Cons
upper management
Stressful at times
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 15, 2016
I am a people person. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with so many different people throughout the say. I can get along with anyone. Typical day at work consist of review AR on various job, Billing, communicating with Project Managers about their jobs, etc...
Pros
flexible with taking care of kids needs
Cons
commute
Lack of support to Contract Workers
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 7, 2016
Co-workers and management would not accept Contract Workers.

Very unfriendly environment. Hostile environment.
I have nothing more to comment on.

I would never work for them again.
The job was okay.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLOctober 28, 2016
Working at this job was a good experience to learn from and experience work but it isn't a job I would've have continued. It was fun while i was working most of the time.
Pros
You're going to get work in.
Cons
Doesn't pay well, communication skills aren't great.
Shaw
Electrical Foreman, (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, VAOctober 24, 2016
Good company and decent pay. I liked the fact they was close to home. Everyone was easy to get along with and I made some great friends and I learned alot,
Pros
close to home
Management issues
EFDA, dental assistant, coronal polishing (Current Employee) –  OhipOctober 18, 2016
I'm interested in better opportunities, caring employers. Too many unresolved issues with staff and office managers creating a hardship between staff members.
Good job
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fulton, ARAugust 31, 2016
This was a pretty good job lots of schooling for knowledge of craft pretty decent on material and tools for you to do your job management wasn't really very knowledgeable
good job
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Aiken County, SCAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me Jhsa with the employees. That is a job,health,safety analysis. We have to go over the hazards that can exist and how we can prevent them. Then I assign each individual there daily task and document it on the daily time sheet.After everyone is working, I take inventory over the work equipment we use and the proper ppe we have in store.The paper work part of the job can be stressful at times. I have learned how to deal with different people emotions on a daily basis.One person might come to work happy and full of joy the next person come in dragging sad face and depressed. You never know whats going on in someones life. Thats why I learned you have to give that person, some love and congratulate them just tell them good job you are doing. Thats the motivation some workers need to get through the day.Motivating my employees was the best part of the day and knowing everyone is leaving like they came to work this morning, no injuries.
Productive and fun place to work
Creeler (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAAugust 15, 2016
I worked here through a temporary agency and the company had a party to celebrate their workers and included the temporary people. They shut down their productions to allow their employees a night of fun, we all enjoyed ourselves.
Pros
Great people to work for, fun and happy environment
Cons
carpet mill so it is extremly hot in the summers