SHAW INC

SHAW INC United States Employee Reviews

Production
Cabler Operator-twisting (Former Employee), Tompson,GaMay 27, 2013
Typical night at Shaw was the same keeping the yarn running on the machines.I enjoyed my managers and some of my co-workers.But no matter where you work there are co-workers you're not going to like.The hardest part of the job is were the 12hrs night shift.I enjoyed going to work because I knew I had a family to take care of.
millwright
Millwright (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCDecember 10, 2012
Pros: millwright
Cons: millwright
installed equipment conveyers read blueprint instructions used precision meauring devices calpers and micrometers
Poor conduction eqiupment.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Aiken, SCOctober 16, 2012
Having to find a work piece of equipment to start day if plant was running that day
Very good company to work for.
Millwright Helper (Former Employee), Miller Cut off Road Laport, TexasAugust 26, 2012
Pros: working 4 10's in shop.
This is where I learned to rebuild pumps. I worked on pumps and serviced conveyer belt and worked on PM's in the whole plant.
Milestone deadline oriented
STR/FAB Engineer (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2012
Good place to work. Deadline oriented, everything has to be done by a said date.
Safety and productive
Warehouseman,Tool room (Former Employee), Saint Paul, VAJuly 30, 2012
Allways went too work with an positive att,had time to have morning coffee,the general things u do on an construction site.clock in,unlock toolroom or warehouse office,start of the day was jsta,ask anyone if they had something to ad to morning meeting.if not do paper work for material to be sent too job site.or ask someone to get material ready to be tranfer onto truck.look up material that need to be order for warehouse to be stock.applied yourself everyday,Management go through chain of command.and thing get done correctly.co-worker we all knew our job function for the task they we were ther to do.Hardest part of job,I don't think there no hard part only if u put your self in an position fpr it too be hard.When we was giving bonues for having an good safety month&streak dinner Etc,Coats,watch give t.v.
Productive and Team Coordinated
Safety Coordinator & Level (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAJuly 11, 2012
Shaw is a great place to work and a great place for a career builder.
Great work force
SPINNER (Former Employee), Ringgold, GAMay 6, 2012
Great work force. I pulled orders and handle paper work. I loaded trucks by forklift and scaned product in the be ship out.