Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Great place with a great environment
Creeler-Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Shaw Industries seems to get the picture about truly caring for its employees well enough to offer many benefits as well as consistently rewarding its employees who put in dedication to their work and safety.
us vs them
Team Leader/QC (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 6, 2016
It always had a us vs them attitude. There's NO management of any kind. Plant manager finally got fired for s**ual harassment. He's lucky her husband didn't get a hold of him. lol The HR manager was the real problem. Corporate started asking what the problem was and everybody told them. They said they were "management" and they could not do anything. What a joke of a company. Shaw is the ONLY company I just walked out and quit.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
us vs them attitude, NO management, Low pay
Productive and Safe work enviroment
Quality Technician in QE lab (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 31, 2016
I have learned the value of keeping the customer in mind and making a quality product. At Shaw, the customer is always first and each customer deserves that. Which is why I take pride in what I do in Quality, because that's the right of the customer, to have a quality product. That's what I have learned and will continue to carry with me.
Pros
Celebrations for Safety and worker appreciation, Pay
Cons
Limited breaks, not a lot of management support
This was a fun place to work and the people I worked for were very professional.
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 29, 2016
Overall a good company to work for. With many chances for advancement for a person that sought to learn new job skills. My experience there was overall very positive.
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
The pay could have been better but overall a good place to work.
Decent place to work for
Human Resources Trainer (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 25, 2016
Good support from HR. Only raises are for cost of living. Need to have a degree to advance very far. Management runs hot and cold in terms of safety concerns.
Pros
Can advance if motivated and have a degree
I love to work
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALJanuary 23, 2016
My typical day at work was awesome, never had a problem with anyone. And supervisors were so very nice even when i worked overtime but nevertheless the hardest part of my job was trying to caught up there job after shift change and do mines, but overall i enjoyed what i did.
poor poor company
Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 20, 2016
very bad company to work for will never work for them again. disliked everything about it except some of the coworkers. felt like a number to the company only.
Great place
Technician II Wind/Twist Technician (Current Employee) –  Valley Head, ALJanuary 19, 2016
I loved my job. I came in everyday and if I had a list of things that they gave me to do, I would do them and then do my regular stuff. I worked with great people. I had to fix things if something tore up and cut chokes every night. I enjoyed it for the most part, I mean there were times it would get frustrating, but for the most part I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Take my own breaks basically work whenever i wanted to
Cons
Not enough help
People skills, collaboration, as well as, time, budget & resource management are mandatory in the field of Project Management.
Corporate Facilities Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 16, 2016
A typical day as project manager, for "internal" projects, may include some of the following:

Scope Definition: Meeting with clients to get their expectations, separating wants from actual needs, to minimize potential spending.

Design: Create space plans to improve efficiency and meet the needs of the client.

Bid Process: Once a space plan is approved, put together a bid package to submit to General Contractors for pricing purposes.

Project Approval: Put together a budget estimate for Corporate review and approval.

Award Job: Award job to selected bidder by issuing PO & signing an AIA Contract pending project amount.

Project Execution: Job commencement through completion with regular quality checks and time management meetings.

Project Punch: Verify approved project quality & expectations are met prior to final payment to General Contractor.

Project Close Out: Verify all invoices are paid and assets are accounted for. Gather necessary O&M information from General Contractor.
Pros
The positives of this job is having the freedom to make decisions, create time schedules, create design solutions and select teams to finish projects successfully.
Ever advancing and productive workplace.
Setup Specialist/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 11, 2016
As every work day isn't perfect, each day at Shaw Industries brought a new challenge. Each style of carpet brought about it's own issues and or problems. Technical skills learned on the job were applied to combat said issues.
Management wasn't always the greatest, but I can honestly say that what some may have lacked in knowledge and experience, they more than made up for in effort.
I would have to say that the hardest part of any job is having to adapt to a different personality at any given moment. One never knows what type of mood is about to be dealt with. So one of the most valuable lessons I learned is how to respond to others as opposed to reacting as the military taught me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships and the appreciation upper management showed its associates during various holidays, birthdays, and to its veterans.

Want to know more about Shaw Industries?

Ask a question
good work envoirment with great company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Eton, GAJanuary 9, 2016
I loved this job and the company. It was a great place to work with good benefits. I was a machine operator and loved it.. the hardest part of the job was working 3rd shift with a infant child
Pros
good pay
Cons
3rd shift
Job pays well
Raw Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALJanuary 7, 2016
Good place to learn new skills, Some management showed preferential treatment to certain employees with job duties and overtime. HR Department was useless.
Pros
Compensated well
Cons
Management show preferential treatment to certain employees
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 30, 2015
I would wait for a location to come up on my computer to go locate it and see if it's being cut or to be put straight on a truck. Then take the rugs that aren't being shipped put them back in location or sometimes I'm loading a truck. The management was awful the hardest part of the job was dealing with disrespectful people and the most enjoyable part was clocking out to go home
Pros
The Pay
Cons
management
Shaw Industries is an outstanding corporate company in which to work. Reason for leaving is relocating.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 28, 2015
It has been my privilege to have worked and grown with such an exemplary corporation. The management team and co-workers have become my corporate family. There isn't a 'hard part' to my responsibilities. There are challenges to be met, but the challenges are always learning tools.
Pros
Great company.
good job
Electrician III (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 17, 2015
ok to work for. great employee benefits and healthcare. management needs improvement. team work also needs improvement.
my first job
Quality Control, Data Entry, Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Andalusia, ALDecember 8, 2015
my supervisor was very nice and people was so caring about you one big happy family we get along had great time work for ndi the management was some wonderful to you .
Productive and enjoyable co-workers to work with....like a large family
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 6, 2015
I loved working at Shaw Plant 82 as we were like a large family and always their to lend a helping hand to each other. It was a very sad day when they closed down the plant.
They did take care of the employees and offered transfers to other Shaw plants, which I gladly opted for over permanent unemployment.
I worked at the LS Warehouse for the Chicamagua Plant SI as a Lift Truck Operator til I moved out of state.
While being at Plant 82, I learned to run spinning frames, winders, twisters and heatset machines. I also cross-trained on the scale for the cases of yarn being sent to the carpet mills. I then went on to become a mechanic for the twisters....and also was able to cross-train as a mechanic for the winders and the heatset machines.
I loved the opportunities that allowed me to learn and grow.
The people were a big asset, as I said we were like a big family and it was a great sorrow when they had to shutdown this plant but I have kept in touch with several of the people since then.
When I transferred to the LS Plant....it was a much less populated place than I was use to but we all became a small family. Management was great, co-workers were very awesome in helping me to learn the job quickly. I was only at the warehouse as a LTO for 4 years but they were good years.
Pros
BBQs and good friends
Cons
leaving Plant 82 because of the shutdown, leaving Plant LS
Very challenging
Electrician III (Former Employee) –  Stuart, VADecember 3, 2015
Always something to do. Kept me busy and learned more everyday. Great training/rewards program. Needed a different HR manager; very poor people skills and very little knowledge.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Not enough planning
Working with others associates
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walker County, GADecember 1, 2015
If you did not come up working in the Shaw Family then you were considered an outsider. This is why I was forced out of this company.
Typical environment of sawmill and flooring industry. Noisy and dirty.
Electrical Maintenance Technician III (Former Employee) –  Stuart, VANovember 23, 2015
Shaw is a good company to work for generally. However, typical of the flooring industry the manufacturing equipment i.e. saws are very dangerous. With a 24 hour operation requires lots of live maintenance.
Pros
salary
Cons
noisy and dirty