Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Stressful work place
Warping Operator (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 12, 2017
Poor management, very stressful workplace. There was not many African Americans in Management positions. Very hot work conditions during the summer months and very cold in winter months. Breaks were short for the type of work that is performed.
DesignWeave
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  New Mexico, West, TX, Southern ColoradoDecember 11, 2017
DesignWeave was my division. With all the windshield time involved in managing the assigned territory, it was still a dream job.

Not one manager could touch the skills and abilities of mine. We are still friends.
Great Place
Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  1900 VD Parrott rdDecember 8, 2017
I work there over 16 years my first time of been with them and i loved it . I quit to become a full time foster parent. I went back and work 10 more years they are super great to their associate's and work with them when a probably comes up. They recognize and award their associate's . I would recommended them to anyone.
Pros
Vacation days, Lunches
Cons
Easy job, good pay, low quality health benefits
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  South Pittsburg, TNDecember 8, 2017
Shaw is a good company to work for, they are laid back at the Hard Wood Plant. They pay well compared to the intensity of the work. The health benefits they offer are sub par. The health insurance they provide should be better considering they are a Fortune 500 company. Information is not shared freely, we often have no idea what is happening with our positions until the last minute.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Low quality of health benefits
job productive
techncian (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GADecember 7, 2017
my job was to over see 8 jobs and make sure job ran to spec, air pressure was inspect, the correct jets was in the machine, the correct creel set up and the yarn was cap.
Pros
grat benefits
Cons
some days no breaks
Great place to work.
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 28, 2017
Great place to work. Change is slow moving. Advancement opportunities are slim. Most opportunities require relocation. Management is flexible, however there are very few production standards.
Good work environment
CNC Mill Operator-setting (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PANovember 10, 2017
Shaw Industries is by far one of the best company's in the surrounding area to work for in the field of CNC machining. The company is owned by a a great family who cares so much about ever single one of there employees and there families. Also the company's management is so good with working directly with the employees on the floor to help fix any problems that may arise. The company is always buying new machines and the newest technology and tooling. Overall, I would highly recommend Shaw Industries Inc. to anyone looking to pursue a career in CNC Milling....
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Highly Stressful with Customer High Demads
Like my job at Shaw
Mechanic Technician II/Reliability Technician C (Current Employee) –  Stuart, VANovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed the work I did and had a terrific supervisor.However I didn't like the way the plant manager pitted the shifts against each other for production purposes. I would rather have the shifts work together for the common goal of safety,quality,and production instead. But I did enjoy my work enough and had such a great supervisor that I planned to retire there but unfortunately the plant is closing and I find myself job hunting again.
Pros
Good benefits, competitive pay, plenty of overtime, great supervisor, terrific maintenance team, lots of opportunity for on the job training and advancement
Cons
Plant is closing
Advanced
Machine Operator/Forklift /shipping (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GANovember 7, 2017
The only reason I had the opportunity for advancement was because I had some education behind me and was continuing my education and my boss at the time seen my will to succeed and want to advance up another level I would liked to have been boss some day but there really wasn’t much advancement there because of seniority and it was a shame because bosses were over shifts that didn’t have high school education
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hrs
Not the best place to work for.
LTO (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 7, 2017
Although the pay per hour is decent everything else is not, very poor Management, less than 40 hrs a week, coworkers are rude and disrespectful, equipment is not up to date, when something breaks it takes forever to get fixed. The pay raises are are very very small.
Benefits are okay, a bit expensive thou.. you can definitely get a better package somewhere else.
I do not recommend this place to work for, or you can give it a try and you will see what I mean.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Everything else, Literally
Customer Service Representatives worked as a team
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GANovember 1, 2017
A typical day for me was filing and data entry. learned how to enter colors and placement for samples to be manufactured and sent out. The Manager was excellent always willing to work with you. the workplace culture was laid back but professional. The hardest part of the job was learning new system and inter grading the old to that system. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great group of people.
Pros
Close home
Cons
It was only a temporary job
Good Job
Shipping Spotter / LTO Utility / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Adairsville, GAOctober 31, 2017
I love working at Shaw and I would recommend anyone to work there. The plant in Adairsville is also a new plant (2017) so there is a lot of chances for advancement
Very laid back but quick place to work
Creeler (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 29, 2017
Loved working at Shaw only thing that gets it was during your 90 days you can’t get no more than three points. And working 2nd shift and having kids in school having to drive an hour over and back kinda messed that up for me, that and catching strep throat they fired me after catching strep.. I’d totally go back pAy was very good
Pros
Free lunch on sundays
Cons
Short breaks and point system sucks
I enjoyed it
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAOctober 27, 2017
I enjoyed working there. it was a good place i was hired on when i got out of the military and didnt really have any intentions of leaving but decided to continue my education and had to relocate for the school i was going to.
Good place, its a job
Cobra Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAOctober 25, 2017
Working for Shaw was ok, the thing was you never knew when you would get laid off, very unstable. I would not recommend this job , due to the fact you really didn't know from one week to another
productive, but hard work
Doffer (Current Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAOctober 22, 2017
Shaw is a great place to work very organized. A very fast place wok environment. A Carpet Mill, you work on concrete floors and a lot of lifting,and bending. It can be very hard and demanding physically. The pay and benefits are great.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Physically hard, and sometimes 60hrs a week for months
Shaw is a very productive textile company
Twisting Operator (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 19, 2017
Shaw is a company with many opportunities for its workers. Offers many benefits and fairly decent pay. Shaw works 12 hr shifts day or night, for production workers. There are some 8 hr shifts for seniority workers.
Excellent work area
LTO (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAOctober 16, 2017
I love the work environment , I love what I did , It was great learning experience . Would work there again. My supervisor was awesome he work with my situation. It was my first experience with forklift experience and I enjoyed and I am currently looking for more work similar to this job
Shaw is a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative/Specialty Markets (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 16, 2017
Shaw Industries is a great place to work. Room for advancement and a great environment to work in. The pay was very competitive and the benefits are great!
Bad Managers in certain Locations
Finishing Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Clinton, SCOctober 16, 2017
Horrible it's my way bosses in many locations, hardwood area is far and away the worst.

Some areas are not bad, but being a long term associate is difficult due to long hours and bad managers