Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Great Place with Great People.
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GA 30720October 7, 2016
Friendly place. Management is superb. Opportunities for advancement come to those that put in the work and show the want to succeed past their current job. One of the only places I have worked where your hard work and efforts get noticed.

Only thing bad about Shaw is that you could be twice as qualified for a job as someone that gets it but they get it solely on the basis of seniority and don't even know what to do when they get it. It's frustrating, especially when you know you could be doing a better job than them but it is what it is.
Pros
Advancement opportunities. Management. Benefits. Compensation.
Cons
Gossip, people with senority.
Shaw Industries
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 30, 2016
I work in the Residential Customer Service Department. This company truly cares about their employees. They want them to succeed. However, the work/Life balance is a little off balance. However, overall the culture, the managers, and the team members is what makes Shaw great!. I would rate it about a 90 out of 100.
Pros
Managers, Benefits, Team Environment, Culture
Cons
Having to stay on shifts for long periods of time.
Very confusing and trying environment to learn and work in
Final Operations (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAOctober 30, 2016
The day starts with an unenthusiastic warm-up, and then you have to guess where you are working. This is because management assumes you know although you are new and learning work procedures. They usually will not give you well advanced notice as to if you are working the weekend, but they expect you to be there when you finally learn you must work. Trainers are less likely to train unless pressure from management dictates they need to. Your training and knowing company protocol is solely your responsibility and when not followed the manager is ready to penalize you for any small in fractures up to firing without due diligence. The only good point about working at Shaw Industries is the competitive pay among manufacturing companies.
Pros
Pay
Cons
poor work conditions, management, communication
Operations Management Trainee Program
Process Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 2, 2016
Shaw's operations management trainee program is not a good program.

Shaw hires engineers they don't need or have positions for. IF a position opens durring the training program, all the trainees apply for it.

Whoever does not get the position is then laid off.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Job Security
Productive and very busy workplace
Lift Truck Hyster Driver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 17, 2016
Have learned a lot with this company. Feel benefits could be better. Co-workers and management are fine no issues. Able to see a chance for advancement.
Pros
Chance for advancement in company
Cons
No sick leave and very little vacation days during first two years.
very hard 12 hours shift that makes you fill very tired. Plant is outdated , need improvements, very unsafe.
creeling (Current Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAAugust 20, 2016
Very hard 12 hours shift that makes you fill very tired.
Plant is outdated , need improvements, very unsafe. Plant need to be clean and equipment and procedures need to be updated to this new century. Many people works there and have no idea of what they are doing. People that knows each others give favor each other. Some ethnics groups are allow to do anything they wanted. Some people are working there without legal document, using other people identity.
Many aggressive people working in that place they act lie if they hate the world. Supervisors don't even care, they allow some workers to get away with violating ethic codes of behaviors. Truly a disgrace.because this is a great company.
Pros
Job security.
Cons
Long hours shift.
overall good plant job
Tile Cutter (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 10, 2017
the hours could be a bit much working seven days a week mandatory if your supervisor wanted you to. the pay was good because most of the time you just watch and maintain a machine that does the job. the drama with coworkers was too much at times, which was a lack of good management. but benefits were ok but got bad after the healthcare reform came into effect.
Pros
money per hour
Cons
management
Carpet fiber providers are unsung heroes.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 11, 2017
I liked working there until I got fired. The hours were long and the time on your feet was demanding. And so, going past to 20 word minimum...my experience ended badly, and I would rather not go on.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
A stressful environment at times.
Great money
Pre Cutter (Former Employee) –  Catersville, GaJanuary 10, 2017
Great money, No social life, work a lot, can't spend time with Family, but great benefits. Hot environment, but they give you plenty of water to stay hydrated, long hours, more older workers than young, big plant, different departments
Benefits
Cons
No outside life, work 7 days, 12 hrs
Very productive company enjoyed working there. Sorry to see it close
Creeler operator (Former Employee) –  Winchester, TNOctober 19, 2016
Very happy there every one very friendly. Mgmt very professional. Sad to see it go. Benefits were awesome. Good chance for advancement. I recommended this company to everyone
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No air
Enjoyable work experience
Shipping Truck Spotter (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GANovember 21, 2016
A typical work day ran very smooth at this company. I was able to build onto my shipping/receiving experience as well as develop truck driving skills. The management to was great with employees.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
room for advancement
If you dont mind not being able to interact with your coworkers, then you will be fine here
Operator (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 4, 2016
Currently in training but struggling to get the training I deserve to carry out my job. I've had 6 trainers in 3 weeks and only 1 I was able to interact with due to them not knowing English or not enough. It's very loud so that was a problem as well when you can't understand what the trainer is saying. I'm bombed that I may have to give up this job due to lack of me getting the best out of my training. They really need to designate English speaking associates to train non-experience workers.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Prodominently spanish speaking associates, clueless management
Good company to work for
Sr. Corporate Innovation Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 20, 2016
Job security and benefits are some of the main highlights. Also, footprint and variety of businesses vertically integrated. Backlash is the slowness to change/adapt.
good pay
Loom Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAFebruary 5, 2017
working a warp, meeting deadlines, taking out the trash, doffing yarn, stringing up yarn, tying knots, good management, good company to work for, good benefits.
Pros
hour brakes
Cons
good benifits
Good safe work environment
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXOctober 28, 2016
Typical fourty hour work week, with occasional overtime
Safety oriented company
Management promoted up from rank and file
Pros
Company provided work uniforms, 401K, paid vacations
Cons
Can't think of any
Great place to work.
Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 16, 2016
Shaw thrives to provide excellent customer service. Shaw is a great company to work for. Great people and benefits. I enjoy my job and I work with a great group of people including management.
Unrewarding and stressful
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2016
Most of the daily activities are self-discipline based and you are free to run your own territory which was great. Salary, commissions, and expenses were fair and you could scratch out a pretty decent living. That is until a new regional manager took over the territory and wanted to clean house. I loved working for Shaw up until this point. Although my territory was continually growing and I maintained a position in the top 5 reps for monthly sales, it was clear that I wasn't wanted, as well as a few other top reps. It was a bad deal and very disappointing situation for some of us within our region. The stress became overwhelming and it was no longer rewarding to help customers because it was never enough. The culture is good overall and there are some really good people that work for Shaw, but if you get a bad manager, it doesn't matter what you do, they will push you out even if you have a good name and great relationships with customers. It can also leave a bad taste when you meet the CEO and he will not shake your hand because you are just a territory manager.
Pros
Free to run territory and set schedule.
Cons
Immediate management has no accountability for the treatment of their team.
Solid company with great folks.
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 23, 2016
Overall this company is one of the best to work for in Georgia.
Shaw supports the community and is a generous benefactor of many non profit organizations.
Pros
Great healthcare and hourly/salary compensaton
Cons
Lack of processes and structure. Poor leadership choices
love working here but I need daytime work thats why Im applying at meggitts
yarn processer (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 7, 2016
I love working at Shaw. The manangement is great. I perform several jobs in my department such as reeling, winding, backwinding and packout. I like how management takes care of their employees during berevement and critical times in family needs. The job is great but it's hard to get on day shift and that's what I need.
Stable work environment.
Supervisor of IT Procurement and Asset Control (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 24, 2016
Good learning experience and timely advancement opportunities. Enjoyed the travel with work. Co-workers were pleasant. And benefits were very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Industries. Our community is ready to answer.