Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries United States Employee Reviews

Great Out of College Experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Management structure
Managed all operations from delivery to shipping/receiving. Was the only manager on site. Most challenging part of the job was operating a 24hr operations being the only manager. Offered great opportunities out of college including a year of hands on training across the US seeing different operations.
Electrical Technician (Current Employee), Decatur, TNMarch 23, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers
Cons: 36 hour work week for all hourly employees
The plant I work in only does twisting and heat-setting of yarn for carpet production. Co-workers and management are good.
Good place to work with benefits
Compounder (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAMarch 11, 2015
I liked it there but after 4 years and no more room for advancement it became just a paycheck. pay was good and my department didn't have normal warehouse drama and would be the only department i would work in there
Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Clinton, SCMarch 8, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: job security, management
- Effectively supervise Departments to ensure the compliance of company rules and regulations, safety policy, quality procedures and production requirements.
- Ensure all associates follow safety and departmental policies and procedures.
- To have a working knowledge of all quality systems and related Quality Control test equipment.
- Communicate with the scheduling department to coordinate the scheduling of the equipment with raw materials.
- To master a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the engineered wood manufacturing process and its operations.
- To communicate with all Rough End departments/associates to maintain the effective flow of materials throughout the plant.
- Have leadership skills to lead by example.
- Responsible for communicating and executing special instructions.
- Must be able to give directions to hourly associates and be a well-effective listener.
- To be able to use SPC graphs and data to adjust equipment and processes.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and written with all levels of plant and management personnel.
- Ensure production set-up is in accordance with the developed criteria for the respective product.
- To be able to advise associates on the proper setup of machinery and processes.
- Troubleshoot process related problems as needed.
- To release conforming product to the next operation and hold non-conforming product for further evaluation.
- Willing to be an On the Job Trainer (OJT)
- Perform Cycle Counts once a week or more as needed and audit LTO’s who are responsible for inventory placement.
- Conduct and document safety audit (ASA).
- Strive for Continual Operational Improvement.
- To monitor performance of associates and handle any necessary corrective action for associates.
- Hold necessary weekly meetings for associates including the daily stretch and warm-up exercises.
- Hold weekly FDB (first day back) meetings and any other necessary meetings for associates.
Great company, great people and great culture
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Dalton, GAMarch 8, 2015
Very good company and have been very good to the employees. Great opportunities and great training. Company does a great job of focusing on what's important to the customer and the employees
Good place to work but needed improvements.
Assistant Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Andalusia, ALFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: best employer in the area
Cons: did not like the area or the culture.
Great place to work, but needed new leadership. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The hardest part of the job was being in that run down, smelly facility.
i had found the employees and lower management to be friendly and made it an enjoyable place to work
b shift Electrcian (Former Employee), Aiken, SCFebruary 23, 2015
i saw many improvements in the time i worked there and there are some really good people working the safety culture is on the surface a good idea but many health concerns had not been addressed at my last employment
A typical day at work
HR Trainer (Current Employee), Franklin, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: have met some really great people. located in a beautiful area
Cons: not being near my grandchildren since i had to come up here to work and couldn't stay home.
My day begins very early where I start the coffee for anyone that wants it. I check emails and answer them as needed. Usually there's some unexpected training that is needed so I plan for it or some that's required. If not then I begin the daily tracking of training, people, jobs, etc. Usually there's a meeting to attend somewhere. I work out of 2 plants so on some days I travel to Bryson City.
produttive place to work and allways treat people with respect
creeler,trainer,mender machine ope,lead person (Former Employee), Dalton, GAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: always have good employes gift and apreciation
Cons: good brakes
love to go to work everyday cus people treat u w respect and show u how to grow as a employe and learn diferent stuff.the supervisors always was there to help u w any problem the u have enerybody was like a big family..
Productive and good enviroment
operator (Former Employee), Thomson, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Typical day consist of removing shingles replacing any damaged areas on roof. Team work to accomplish finished product
Shaw Industries
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dalton, GeorgiaFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks, lots of activities, plenty of vacation and time off offered.
Cons: lots of rules
Great place to work, Good benefits and compensation. I love the fact that management actually cares about you and your job. I would recommend anyone to work for this company.
just a decent place to work
operator (Former Employee), marylandFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management, poor communication skills, selfish
worked there for four years.Good environment but bad management.Poor people and communication skills by management.They are more concerned with the work than the overall welfare of the workers.
very hard work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good bennifits
Cons: hard work
shaw is a textile plant .The environment is loud and dirty . not a lot to say largest carpet co. in georgia. Was a machine operator. Pay and bennifits were good . Plant in fitz. closed
Love doing the Work and interacting with co workers , dislike the constant change in the department's
Forklift operator (Current Employee), Adairsville, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: short break every two hours, christmas gift card, bonus check
Cons: no paid vacation, no sick days, no sick pay, promotions based on seniority only . not by performance
we all try to be there 10 minutes early for a before shift meeting then i go to my assigned forklift and do my check sheet to make sure it is operational order then start scanning product to put where it is assigned to go. the hardest part of my job is having to fix a truck that someone missed something because that means you have to unload and reload a whole truck.. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with coworkers and loading and unloading trucks and getting live loads out on time.... greeting customers to get them out quick as possible
Great benefits, satisfactory pay and room to advancement...
Creeler/Operator (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJanuary 29, 2015
On a typical shift, we'd start off by completing a few exercises just as a warm up to condition us for the night ahead. We were briefed on how the previous shift did and then given instructions on what part we needed to play to have a successful shift. My co-workers were very helpful and we pretty much understood the concept of team work. I had no complaints about my job and I truly enjoyed the experience.
Good working conditions
LTO - Clerk (Former Employee), Clinton, SCJanuary 27, 2015
Excellent working conditions
I learned how to operate forklift
Great place to work while going to college.
Trainer (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: berkshire hathaway subsidiary, great hours for hourly employees
Cons: family time is fleeting, unsustainable schedule, not ideal for family development
8-12 hours days, 6-7 days a week, unpaid vacation,
Very hot in the summer (heat exhaustion, passing out common)
Very cold in the winter
Production rules the day
Safety: preached, not practiced
Extremely limited advancement
Job Hazards: cuts lacerations, bruises, dismemberment, accidental death
Adherence: Point system, consistent attendance not rewarded, high turnover rate
Care about there people
Supervisor (Current Employee), Thomson, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: steady income
Cons: long hours
Great place to provide for your family. You can move up within the company. Has been around a long time.
shaw
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fitzgerald, GAJanuary 13, 2015
i worked at shaw for 2 years. when i was there i learned a lot there to and safety.it was a hard job to do, but i got use to the job. i made good money why i was there. the people i worked around was very good.the mangement they was nice.some jobs was hard,but i learn the job quick.if i need help i would ask.
Shaw only wants the work done, but doesnt applaud its employees for their hard work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: short breaks and poor leadership.
Working on a team of four people theres always going to be someone who doesnt want to pull their weight. When this problem is addressed to supervisors that employee may be counseled or not. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. (12) The best part of the job was the paycheck and clocking out.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries, Inc. designs and manufactures approximately 1,800 styles of tufted and woven carpet for residential and commercial – Read more

Shaw Industries Salaries