Shaw Industries Employee Reviews in United States

Ok place to work if you like messed up loads.
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  GAJuly 24, 2016
Management sucks only care about numbers. Half the time I would call my manager he wouldn't even call back. Loads on trailers are horrible. Big on saftey like most companies now days. Hard to get any overtime on a rotating 4 day work week. City driving can be tough at times especially job sites.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Horrible benefits with high deductible
8 hour shifts
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 12, 2016
Typically loading trucks, ive learned alot on the computer systems and how to find solutions to computer errors. most enjoyable thing about working here is the diversity in people and the personalities of everyone. hardest part of the job is working nights
Pros
free lunches for reaching safety goals
Cons
short breaks
If you dont mind not being able to interact with your coworkers, then you will be fine here
Operator (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 4, 2016
Currently in training but struggling to get the training I deserve to carry out my job. I've had 6 trainers in 3 weeks and only 1 I was able to interact with due to them not knowing English or not enough. It's very loud so that was a problem as well when you can't understand what the trainer is saying. I'm bombed that I may have to give up this job due to lack of me getting the best out of my training. They really need to designate English speaking associates to train non-experience workers.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Prodominently spanish speaking associates, clueless management
Excellent company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJuly 4, 2016
This company was a nice place to work. I had great supervisors and all the employees worked as a team. I would be still working for them today, but it closed down. I worked there for almost twenty years and enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Excellent work atmosphere
Cons
location
Good work-life balance
Process Engineer, Internship (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 25, 2016
Fun place to work. The people here are the best I've experienced. Normal work life with normal hours. Work itself isn't too challenging usually which can get boring at times. Depending on the plant you work at, it can take weeks before certain supplies come in which delays your projects. Social activities they provide were fun to partake in.
Pros
Work is not too difficult, normal work hours
Cons
Overtime is somewhat not paid, same issues occur over and over
Great working atmosphere
Commercial Class A truck driver (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 23, 2016
Fun and exciting place to work. Relocated to Baltimore MD from Fredericksburg Virginia. It is an all-flooring company.
Good Company
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Valley Head, ALJune 14, 2016
Shaw is a great place to work. Shaw provides great training, benefits and challenges. Only leaving due to our plant will be closing.
This company was very productive and accommodating.
Creeler (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAJune 12, 2016
A typical day of work at Shaw consisted of heavy lifting, hard work, sweating, and laughing with co-workers. I learned a lot about teamwork, along with some cultural things from different co-workers from other parts of the world. The management was pretty great, they listened if you had suggestions and problems, and you always saw results, they never ignored you. The co-workers always worked hard, and were effective in getting the job done with you. They were also always very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with the dust and heat. The best part was probably seeing the numbers spiking on the board of production and knowing that our hard work was doing that. You could actually see the results of your hard work, and also you were bonding with such interesting people within the work place while doing that.
Safe and plenty of work.
Weaver (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAJune 12, 2016
Worked alone
Worked with other if needed help
Good pay
Safety first
On your feet all the time
Supervisors got on the floor and helped if it was needed.
Pros
Pay, working by yourself
Cons
Short breaks, Heat
It was a good place to work.
Command Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 7, 2016
It started with a turnover meeting with the previous shift on outstanding issues and then we would work on those and any new issues that would come up. Everyday was a learning experience due to it was a computer driven environment. Our IS director was the best there was.I enjoyed my co-workers because we were there to help each other and even did things outside of work. Sometimes customers thought a problem could be handle in a very short time and would get irritated when it would take longer than expected, nor realizing that the problem was company wide and would take a lot teams working together to solve the issue. Getting a problem solved was gratifying especially when our customers let us know they appreciate the hard work that you went through.
Pros
They are big in doing volunteer work outside of work for different organizations in the city.
An Opportunity
S/R LTO 2 (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 6, 2016
An opportunity for success and being successful in a long run. I've also learned different opportunities from other employees such as the hands on training and the team work effort.
Pros
Its about Production
Cons
Stay on top of the game
People
Supervisor Fill-in (Current Employee) –  Valley Head, ALMay 24, 2016
The people are overall great. I think that for the most part that the people on the floor weren't appreciated. I believe that it gave us employment but it didn't give us comfort. We were a satellite plant meaning we were out side of the zone of the companies base operations. We had a website that was put up for people to see what other plants were doing the charities that they were participating in. Employees family come to work, Softball Team winning championships, photos of employees from such and such plants and there bios. It just didn't feel like were being kept on the same level as the other plants.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Will give them upon request. . .
Hard to move up
Creeler Operator/Back Winder Operator (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 18, 2016
The hire more people outside of the company for higher positions which make it hard to move up within the company regardless of previous work experience.
Horizontal and Vertical Mill operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAMay 11, 2016
Operated horizontal and vertical mill to manufacture plastic injection molds and other heavy industrial equipment.
Its was a very fun working place and envirement.
Twisting Operator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 3, 2016
Twisting Operator
Doffing and keeping the yarn ends running at all times. Started machine to rotate drive spindle and stopped machine after specified number of turns. Installed special fixtures and chuck to twist together two or more pieces.
Unrewarding and stressful
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2016
Most of the daily activities are self-discipline based and you are free to run your own territory which was great. Salary, commissions, and expenses were fair and you could scratch out a pretty decent living. That is until a new regional manager took over the territory and wanted to clean house. I loved working for Shaw up until this point. Although my territory was continually growing and I maintained a position in the top 5 reps for monthly sales, it was clear that I wasn't wanted, as well as a few other top reps. It was a bad deal and very disappointing situation for some of us within our region. The stress became overwhelming and it was no longer rewarding to help customers because it was never enough. The culture is good overall and there are some really good people that work for Shaw, but if you get a bad manager, it doesn't matter what you do, they will push you out even if you have a good name and great relationships with customers. It can also leave a bad taste when you meet the CEO and he will not shake your hand because you are just a territory manager.
Pros
Free to run territory and set schedule.
Cons
Immediate management has no accountability for the treatment of their team.
Safe and productive workplace.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAMay 2, 2016
Your attitude coming in dictates how your shift will be. You're dealing with different personalities everyday, therefore having a good attitude towards your work helps tremendously. The hardest part about working at Shaw was the hours. Physically it wasn't a hard task to do. Your efforts indicated how your day would end.
Top Notch
Adm. Assistant/Energy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for Shaw. My immediate supervisor was very kind to me and the company was very open to allowing employees to work with a balance for work and family.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
job cut backs
Good Family Company
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 15, 2016
Great culture for family oriented person. The people are really concerned for you and remember that you have a life outside of work. If you're looking for a fast paced environment though, this is not the place. Corporate structure and the culture fosters slow change.
how to deal with all types of people
fright checker (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 13, 2016
dealing with all types of people. how to help others get what they want. some are ok from the ones I meet and some are to stuck up to help when needed. most worked as a team but not all. remembering everything for the computer. getting people to laugh as we work together.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
too much over time