Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries Employer Reviews

2 Thumbs Down
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cartersville, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: management, poor job culture, lack of professionalism, poor job resources, do not care about employees
When I first started working at Shaw, I absolutely loved it and thought it was the best place ever. Great pay, great benefits, and they showed their appreciation for their employees constantly. Well that's gone. You are consistently berated, management has zero clue on how to do their job, and the job culture is pitifully miserable. It is really sad – more... to see what used to be a great company quickly slipping at the hands of inexperienced imbeciles. God speed to you if you get a job here and good luck on moving up. You're not going anywhere unless you know someone or brown nose your way to the top like the rest of them. The best day of my life will be walking out of that gray walled jail cell into a new job. – less
Best place to work.
Driver (Former Employee), Union city, ca.September 13, 2014
Pros: great management support.
If you are a driver and need a job Shaw is the place for you. hard to find a company that supports drivers and not treat you like garbage. kirk, cullen, adam and all the guys there support the drivers. I loved my time there.
fast paced enviroment & supervisors willing to help
creeler & doffer (Former Employee), chickamuaga, gaSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts with every other weekend off
Cons: long hours on feet
multitasking & prioritizing your responsibilities. meeting maximum production with minimum off quality packages
Overall rating is good
Twister Operator (Former Employee), Andalusia, ALAugust 28, 2014
Good company to work for. I would go to work and do my job. I learned the requirements necessary to perform my job. Management was great to work with. Co-workers for the most part were nice. The hardest part was working 4/12-night shift. The most enjoyable were the days off in between.
Good pay, poor environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Dalton, GaAugust 17, 2014
Pros: compensation, benefits
Cons: work load, stressful environment
The pay and benefits are great. I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience working here. However, management is poor which has a trickle down effect on co-workers. Hardest part is doing everyone else's work, most enjoyable part is staying busy.
Good environment.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Andalusia, ALAugust 1, 2014
I enjoy working at Shaw. Don't like the long drive. Love the work schedule. Just want to move closer to home, more money and wants to do work in my study at Reid State.
good place too work
Truck driver (Current Employee), Lawrence ks. and Lenexa ksJuly 27, 2014
Pros: 4 day weeks
Cons: management
typical large corp. you are a # and try hard to make you think they care. the bottom line is $$$$$. If you understand that it is a good job.
Great overall position
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAJuly 27, 2014
Functioned pretty much on my own. Shaw is a great place to work. A lot of companies could learn a lot from the process. Work in teams on the floor. Expectations were clearly laid out before.
awesome company to work for
Line operator/Material handler (Former Employee), GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free water
Cons: hot
A typical day at work for me was to run a non woven needle punch line and moved and handled raw materials 12 hours a day. I became a fork lift operator and line operator for this company while I was employed there. Co-workers were great to work with, and the hardest part of the job for me was the heat. Overall, I enjoyed the working for this company – more... as it challenged me physically, and helped me to enhance my skills. I also enjoyed the company cookouts and activities we did as a group. – less
We had very nice break rooms and cool plant to work in
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cons: favoritism
Drive lift truck all day, unloading and loading trailers at the dock. some co-workers got alone well.
Lying backstabbing, will use your work and step on you for political gain
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Dalton GAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: carpet at cost
Cons: day to day is soul sucking experience.
Whorable work life balace, SHAW stands for Sunday Holiday and weekends, and they mean it. Do not get sick. Any slip in delivery from cancer of any other sickness will result in termination. They have middle management headcount in excess of operators. You will spend all day answering 80-120 emails a day and work all night every night to meet expectations. – more... Almost cost me my marriage, they called me and expected me to work on the day of my wedding and the day while my wife was in labor. – less
Good company with benefits.
Manager - General Administration Plants DW & 7G (Current Employee), Dalton, GAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Good company to work for with good benefits. Shaw treats their associates well but can be a difficult place to advance.
Robot work environment
Customer Service Representative (Residential) (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: friendly management
Cons: short breaks, no mileage compensation, depressing environment
I work in the Residential Customer Service Call Center and so far, all this job offers is repetition. Enough to drive you insane. The most exciting thing that could possibly happen to you is probably our phone system going down. After an 8 hour shift of doing nothing but sitting and taking 200+ calls a day, all you get is (maybe) and hour lunch and – more... 2-10 min breaks. The lighting is dim, and is that of a small jail. No windows, no nothing, everything is grey and gloomy. – less
Heat-Set Operater
Heat Set Operator/Zip Operator (Former Employee), Columbia SCJune 14, 2014
Pros: rewarded my crew all the time because we had the number 1 production for almost 2 years straight.
Cons: having someone slack off while you working.
A typical day at Shaw is coming in to work either day or night shift rotating. I learned alot their. The more you put your mind to it the more you can do, I became a trainer in just three months of being there and my supervisor said i was the hardest working person he ever had. My co-workers were great I trained almost all of them.
There really wasn't – more... a hard part to the job I cought on very quick and loved my work. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting all the overtime I wonted. – less
Navy
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAJune 8, 2014
Great branch to join if you are considering military. It is a great opportunity to see the world as well. You also get to meet a lot of interesting people.
To assist customers (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJune 7, 2014
Pros: advancement
They had a great way of engaging you in your job and making you feel as if you made a difference.
Quality and safety very important to this co.
Rush
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Dalton, GAJune 3, 2014
Cons: short breaks
A typical day is get up @ 5 be at work @ 7 get to work and be
ready to go. When I get there I am already behind our emails build
overnight in a QUE and you play catch up all day.
We have reports to process orders to be priced and you have to do these while answering the phone and doing email. We have 7 people in this department that take care of the – more... whole United States and Canada.
I have learned many things on the job thinking fast and working @ a very fast pace,being able to navigate in the computer system quickly
you have a lot of knowledge you have to keep in your head we only work with sales but we have to be ready to answer of find the answer to any questions they may ask.
If we all didn't take a little break to talk to one another
we would all be crazy. I love the job itself I like staying busy
but sometimes it can be a little overwhelming.
I like the people I work with and being able to take a little time
and talk to a friend. – less
Enjoy working there, good people, well structured
Weaving Tech (Current Employee), Chickamauga, GAMay 31, 2014
Pros: cross training, given more responsibility
Cons: na
Always changing, I have the opportunity to do various tasks in my department, which I enjoy, changes things up.
Enjoy working for my management team.
Love the people I work with, fabulous group of people.
Hardest part I would say is if we receive poor quality yarn that doesn't run well on looms.
Most enjoyable part is being able to be cross trained – more... in different areas. – less
Very Professional Company
Customer Service Support Lead (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAMay 29, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: hard to advance
This is a company that has a reputation to uphold and they treat their employees accordingly.
Micromanaged. No Common sense approach. "Cut-throat-hearsay&duck and dodge" City.
Electrician (Current Employee), Aiken, SCMay 23, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: everything else
(Electrician's View) More of a reactive approach than proactive approach. Not innovative at all and ingenuity skills are next to none. Day shift have 4 electricians. Night shift have one and one mechanic. There are A,B,C,D shift with A&C being days and B&D being nights. All 12 hours shifts except 3 of the day shift electricians are 8 hours. A typical – more... day is hearing the latest gossip of who couldn't fix what and who is not doing what. Maintenance shop has more of an I mind frame than team. Everybody wants the be a Supervisor. The electronic devices you troubleshoot are German. From the schematics all the way to the indicating lights. Green in the US indicates on/running and red--off/not running. Well it's opposite in that plant. Not an Allen Bradley in sight PLCs, drives, nothing (something they fail to mention in the interview). Everything is foreign. Other than setting the basic parameters to drives or a HMI, you're basically just a parts changer. They have electrical contractors in their doing the in-depth work. The average age is about 45. So they are set in their ways. You cant suggest nothing nor tell them anything (fellow electrician). Cant trust the turn over you get at the beginning of the shift for reasons either due to them lacking the knowledge and theory of electricity & electronics and how it is applied or them just flat out lying to make you look bad. You are on a point system. Doctor's excuse or not you will be pointed. Only at the discretion of your supervisor can a point be drop. No paid vacation. You get days off, but they're not paid days off. Every 6 months you get a bonus. You can't borrow off of your 401K. Very common, especially on nights, to see toilet tissue everywhere, urine and even feces on the floors and walls of the restrooms. Also, knowledge wise, the mechanics are just as bad. – less

June 29, 2014

Also since there is only one electrician on nights, vacation for night shift electricians are "ONLY" if there is another electrician willing to work the days in which you are taking vacation. They expect for you to find someone to cover your shift and if there is nobody willing to work it. Then your vacation may not get approved. Its crazy but that is how that dept. operates.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries, Inc. designs and manufactures approximately 1,800 styles of tufted and woven carpet for residential and commercial – Read more