Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Felt like a second home
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 8, 2016
Everyday I walked in, people were smiling. Of course, not everyone was satisfied, but we were a family. We worked together to make production and beat the previous days productions, depending on orders. The hardest part of the job was completing a skill block. This was due to the switching the responsibility between leaders.If it were not due to personal issues and moving out of state, I would still be there.
Pros
Quality family time
Cons
Unorganized training
very hard 12 hours shift that makes you fill very tired. Plant is outdated , need improvements, very unsafe.
creeling (Current Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAAugust 20, 2016
Very hard 12 hours shift that makes you fill very tired.
Plant is outdated , need improvements, very unsafe. Plant need to be clean and equipment and procedures need to be updated to this new century. Many people works there and have no idea of what they are doing. People that knows each others give favor each other. Some ethnics groups are allow to do anything they wanted. Some people are working there without legal document, using other people identity.
Many aggressive people working in that place they act lie if they hate the world. Supervisors don't even care, they allow some workers to get away with violating ethic codes of behaviors. Truly a disgrace.because this is a great company.
Pros
Job security.
Cons
Long hours shift.
If you dont mind not being able to interact with your coworkers, then you will be fine here
Operator (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 4, 2016
Currently in training but struggling to get the training I deserve to carry out my job. I've had 6 trainers in 3 weeks and only 1 I was able to interact with due to them not knowing English or not enough. It's very loud so that was a problem as well when you can't understand what the trainer is saying. I'm bombed that I may have to give up this job due to lack of me getting the best out of my training. They really need to designate English speaking associates to train non-experience workers.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Prodominently spanish speaking associates, clueless management
Good work-life balance
Process Engineer, Internship (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 25, 2016
Fun place to work. The people here are the best I've experienced. Normal work life with normal hours. Work itself isn't too challenging usually which can get boring at times. Depending on the plant you work at, it can take weeks before certain supplies come in which delays your projects. Social activities they provide were fun to partake in.
Pros
Work is not too difficult, normal work hours
Cons
Overtime is somewhat not paid, same issues occur over and over
Fun workplace
Operator twisting (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 11, 2016
Shaw Industries was and has been a great work place. The environment was friendly and always pleasant. I never had any issues with management that couldn't be resolved. Overall I enjoyed working for this company and would say it's one of the better companies I've worked for.
Pros
Free lunch pride day, thanksgiving, Christmas
Cons
Better insurance
People
Supervisor Fill-in (Current Employee) –  Valley Head, ALMay 24, 2016
The people are overall great. I think that for the most part that the people on the floor weren't appreciated. I believe that it gave us employment but it didn't give us comfort. We were a satellite plant meaning we were out side of the zone of the companies base operations. We had a website that was put up for people to see what other plants were doing the charities that they were participating in. Employees family come to work, Softball Team winning championships, photos of employees from such and such plants and there bios. It just didn't feel like were being kept on the same level as the other plants.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Will give them upon request. . .
Shaw is a very stable company strong in the Textile industry.
COATING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 22, 2016
Managing daily operations to control Safety, Quality, and all Plant targets. Learned how to effectively audit Quality systems and control measurable.

Very high morale in all levels of employees
Pros
Benifits and compensation
Cons
Sometimes work is seasonal but very rare.
8 hour shifts
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 12, 2016
Typically loading trucks, ive learned alot on the computer systems and how to find solutions to computer errors. most enjoyable thing about working here is the diversity in people and the personalities of everyone. hardest part of the job is working nights
Pros
free lunches for reaching safety goals
Cons
short breaks
This company was very productive and accommodating.
Creeler (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAJune 12, 2016
A typical day of work at Shaw consisted of heavy lifting, hard work, sweating, and laughing with co-workers. I learned a lot about teamwork, along with some cultural things from different co-workers from other parts of the world. The management was pretty great, they listened if you had suggestions and problems, and you always saw results, they never ignored you. The co-workers always worked hard, and were effective in getting the job done with you. They were also always very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with the dust and heat. The best part was probably seeing the numbers spiking on the board of production and knowing that our hard work was doing that. You could actually see the results of your hard work, and also you were bonding with such interesting people within the work place while doing that.
It was a good place to work.
Command Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 7, 2016
It started with a turnover meeting with the previous shift on outstanding issues and then we would work on those and any new issues that would come up. Everyday was a learning experience due to it was a computer driven environment. Our IS director was the best there was.I enjoyed my co-workers because we were there to help each other and even did things outside of work. Sometimes customers thought a problem could be handle in a very short time and would get irritated when it would take longer than expected, nor realizing that the problem was company wide and would take a lot teams working together to solve the issue. Getting a problem solved was gratifying especially when our customers let us know they appreciate the hard work that you went through.
Pros
They are big in doing volunteer work outside of work for different organizations in the city.
A great place to work
Team Coordinator / Quality Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 19, 2016
I worked at Shaw for two years and in that time had multiple opportunities to advance. Management seemed very interested in making sure that everyone had what they needed to succeed. It is hot work, and often hard work, but you are well taken care of.
spinning machine operator
Spinning machine operator (Former Employee) –  Stevenson, ALApril 10, 2016
My night started at 6:00 pm =6:00 am. I ran spinning frames and dolffed the spindles.and creeled the yarn . clean frames and kept my work area clean. cut chokes of yarn off when needed. I learned how to run spiining machine frames and creeled yarn . we had great management and i had great co-wokers we worked as a team and parterners.hardest part was the heat when the air was tore up. I enjoyed my job so much I meet some great friends i would still be there today if the plant had not shut down.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long nights
Excellent company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAJuly 4, 2016
This company was a nice place to work. I had great supervisors and all the employees worked as a team. I would be still working for them today, but it closed down. I worked there for almost twenty years and enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Excellent work atmosphere
Cons
location
Tiring job with bad hours
Waste Reduction (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 27, 2016
Just not a good place to work as opposite shifts don't fully cooperate with working as a team. Bad hours and not enough time at home on work days.
Pros
occasional free meals, decent amount of days off over the year
Cons
work hours, competing with opposite shift
Productive and exciting work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJune 29, 2016
I would recommend Shaw Industries to any one looking for a productive and fast paced environment. Over my nine years with the company I have met some of the greatest managers. The company takes pride in their products and their employees.
Safe and productive workplace.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAMay 2, 2016
Your attitude coming in dictates how your shift will be. You're dealing with different personalities everyday, therefore having a good attitude towards your work helps tremendously. The hardest part about working at Shaw was the hours. Physically it wasn't a hard task to do. Your efforts indicated how your day would end.
nice place to work
Specialist Operator/Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 8, 2016
its a good place to work good pay decent people higher ups are sometimes out of touch but its a overall good place to work jobs are not hard just the p
Pros
feed you free lunches awards
Cons
benefits kinda too high and not good coverage
first timer experince in a factory
Creeler Lead, (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMarch 15, 2016
this is indeed a Great company to work for as many can tell since some people been there for over 20 plus years the work that was giving was very easy it was fun to move around meet people to come to find out that you have common goals some people are not as nice and loyal as many but at the end of the day the mission we completed.
Pros
The money is good, the people, the benefits, the experince of working in a factory
Cons
people
provided me a stable job for 11 years really like working for shaw
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, TNMarch 13, 2016
When you work at a factory all the co-workers become family to you and leaving here is going to be the hardest part. But a typical day is working hard and helping co-workers from time to time to get orders out. I believe in working together just makes everybody's job easier. Management in the beginning was great. They just seemed to help all employees. I learned that you can't take a good job for granted all good things come to an end somewhere down the line.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
12 hour days
Typical textile enviroment
Maintenance Mechanic III (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 9, 2016
Shaw is your typical textile mill. Management needs a major overhaul. They have promoted within so many years that they have Supervision that have no formal education, and it really shines through. Instead of upper management supporting departments they have a "good ole boy" mentality, and pass the blame downward.