Shaw Industries Employee Reviews in United States

provided me a stable job for 11 years really like working for shaw
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, TNMarch 13, 2016
When you work at a factory all the co-workers become family to you and leaving here is going to be the hardest part. But a typical day is working hard and helping co-workers from time to time to get orders out. I believe in working together just makes everybody's job easier. Management in the beginning was great. They just seemed to help all employees. I learned that you can't take a good job for granted all good things come to an end somewhere down the line.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
12 hour days
first timer experince in a factory
Creeler Lead, (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMarch 15, 2016
this is indeed a Great company to work for as many can tell since some people been there for over 20 plus years the work that was giving was very easy it was fun to move around meet people to come to find out that you have common goals some people are not as nice and loyal as many but at the end of the day the mission we completed.
Pros
The money is good, the people, the benefits, the experince of working in a factory
Cons
people
Company good start for but bad for future
NDE Technician (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAApril 5, 2016
You will fight for raises almost like pulling teeth but the atmosphere of work is very fulfilling. Time spent here can be easily wasted and go unrewarded constantly.
Pros
Comradery
Cons
Layoffs, Low pay, no raises
enjoyed working here learning new things an being other people that have same desire to learn new ways to make good products for customers.
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CANovember 23, 2015
enjoyable place to work,when machines are running good everything is great,when things start to mess up it can be a little hard to be every were at once if more than one machine is down.The management teams are under standing an will try to work with you to solve problems.The co-worker are hard working an easy to get along with
Pros
the benefits are great
Cons
hard to get a break when machines or down an needing fixed
This was a fun place to work and the people I worked for were very professional.
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 29, 2016
Overall a good company to work for. With many chances for advancement for a person that sought to learn new job skills. My experience there was overall very positive.
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
The pay could have been better but overall a good place to work.
Decent place to work for
Human Resources Trainer (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 25, 2016
Good support from HR. Only raises are for cost of living. Need to have a degree to advance very far. Management runs hot and cold in terms of safety concerns.
Pros
Can advance if motivated and have a degree
Safe working habits, Great bond with staff and managment.
Rail Operator (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAApril 3, 2016
For the twenty-two years I worked with Shaw Industries. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and supervisors doing the job that I was assigned. I also, enjoyed working and learning new jobs that came with working at Shaw Industries. Working that this industry taught me safe working habits in dangerous environments. Management and co-workers always influenced safe working habits. One of the hardest things about working here was getting behind with your work. Machinery break downs, and lack of extra staff members, cause staff to get behind in there work. The most enjoyable part if this job is seeing all the staff members working together as a team. Also having a great personal relationship with my co-workers made the long hours go by smoothly. Working here at Shaw Industries molded me into a dedicated, and self motivated staff member which brought me seniority on this job.
Pros
Free employor lunches, Great on the job insurace.
Cons
Short breaks, Lack of staff.
Shaw Industries is a well known company all across the south
"RTI CLERK" (Former Employee) –  Shaw Industries South Ind Blvd Calhoun GANovember 10, 2015
The are many chances for advancements @ Shaw. For example when I had began @ Shaw i started out creeling, then moved to Tufting machine operator, then to RTI clerk. If you are willing to learn & advance it is possible. I left Shaw because i moved overseas to work.
Pros
fairly well money & good benefits.
Cons
very strict management & policies
Great place with a great environment
Creeler-Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Shaw Industries seems to get the picture about truly caring for its employees well enough to offer many benefits as well as consistently rewarding its employees who put in dedication to their work and safety.
large company
Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 22, 2016
Large company, has different areas to work in; has several benefits available like 401k and job shadowing.

I had great co-workers; enjoyed my job.
good work envoirment with great company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Eton, GAJanuary 9, 2016
I loved this job and the company. It was a great place to work with good benefits. I was a machine operator and loved it.. the hardest part of the job was working 3rd shift with a infant child
Pros
good pay
Cons
3rd shift
Typical environment of sawmill and flooring industry. Noisy and dirty.
Electrical Maintenance Technician III (Former Employee) –  Stuart, VANovember 23, 2015
Shaw is a good company to work for generally. However, typical of the flooring industry the manufacturing equipment i.e. saws are very dangerous. With a 24 hour operation requires lots of live maintenance.
Pros
salary
Cons
noisy and dirty
good job
Electrician III (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 17, 2015
ok to work for. great employee benefits and healthcare. management needs improvement. team work also needs improvement.
Owned by Berkshire-Hathaway
Regional Sales Manager, Southeast (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 12, 2015
A stable and progressive flooring manufacturer with sales in excess of $4 billion dollars per year offered growth opportunities and great benefits for employees. I began as a territory salesperson calling on flooring retailers. Worked territories in Jacksonville, FL, Atlanta, GA, Huntsville, AL. Promoted to Regional Manager while in Huntsville, responsible for sales in N. Alabama, N. Georgia and Tennessee from Nashville through Knoxville. Transferred to Houston, TX responsible for S. Texas and New Orleans areas. Moved to Nashville at my request. As regional manager was allowed leeway in promotions including incentive trips for customers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult consumer claims and the most enjoyable was the relationships between our management and ourselves. a typical day was joining a territory manager on his/her rounds and meeting our customers.
Pros
Ability to offer and manage group incentive trips.
Cons
No serious cons
us vs them
Team Leader/QC (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 6, 2016
It always had a us vs them attitude. There's NO management of any kind. Plant manager finally got fired for s**ual harassment. He's lucky her husband didn't get a hold of him. lol The HR manager was the real problem. Corporate started asking what the problem was and everybody told them. They said they were "management" and they could not do anything. What a joke of a company. Shaw is the ONLY company I just walked out and quit.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
us vs them attitude, NO management, Low pay
A typical day at work
AIR ENTANGLING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GANovember 4, 2015
Most days at Shaw was pleasant, but there were some where the product was running really bad. Overall my experience there was great.
Pros
Good Benefits and pays well
Cons
Working Shorthanded
This company was very productive and accommodating.
Creeler (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAJune 12, 2016
A typical day of work at Shaw consisted of heavy lifting, hard work, sweating, and laughing with co-workers. I learned a lot about teamwork, along with some cultural things from different co-workers from other parts of the world. The management was pretty great, they listened if you had suggestions and problems, and you always saw results, they never ignored you. The co-workers always worked hard, and were effective in getting the job done with you. They were also always very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with the dust and heat. The best part was probably seeing the numbers spiking on the board of production and knowing that our hard work was doing that. You could actually see the results of your hard work, and also you were bonding with such interesting people within the work place while doing that.
It was a good place to work.
Command Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 7, 2016
It started with a turnover meeting with the previous shift on outstanding issues and then we would work on those and any new issues that would come up. Everyday was a learning experience due to it was a computer driven environment. Our IS director was the best there was.I enjoyed my co-workers because we were there to help each other and even did things outside of work. Sometimes customers thought a problem could be handle in a very short time and would get irritated when it would take longer than expected, nor realizing that the problem was company wide and would take a lot teams working together to solve the issue. Getting a problem solved was gratifying especially when our customers let us know they appreciate the hard work that you went through.
Pros
They are big in doing volunteer work outside of work for different organizations in the city.
Ever advancing and productive workplace.
Setup Specialist/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 11, 2016
As every work day isn't perfect, each day at Shaw Industries brought a new challenge. Each style of carpet brought about it's own issues and or problems. Technical skills learned on the job were applied to combat said issues.
Management wasn't always the greatest, but I can honestly say that what some may have lacked in knowledge and experience, they more than made up for in effort.
I would have to say that the hardest part of any job is having to adapt to a different personality at any given moment. One never knows what type of mood is about to be dealt with. So one of the most valuable lessons I learned is how to respond to others as opposed to reacting as the military taught me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships and the appreciation upper management showed its associates during various holidays, birthdays, and to its veterans.
People
Supervisor Fill-in (Current Employee) –  Valley Head, ALMay 24, 2016
The people are overall great. I think that for the most part that the people on the floor weren't appreciated. I believe that it gave us employment but it didn't give us comfort. We were a satellite plant meaning we were out side of the zone of the companies base operations. We had a website that was put up for people to see what other plants were doing the charities that they were participating in. Employees family come to work, Softball Team winning championships, photos of employees from such and such plants and there bios. It just didn't feel like were being kept on the same level as the other plants.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Will give them upon request. . .