Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Great Job
Machine shop secretary (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 13, 2017
Loved this job and management i just wasnt able to keep up with night shift anymore so i transfered to days and took lesser pay other than that was a great place
Pros
Great money
Cons
Night shift
Management at 47 is awful!!
LTO/UTILITY Backup wrapper (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAJanuary 11, 2017
The people at 47 are awful. The supervisors and management have their favorites. Most of the people that work there have been there for years and bully new people.
Pros
Great pay for an easy job
Cons
The people are bullies
overall good plant job
Tile Cutter (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 10, 2017
the hours could be a bit much working seven days a week mandatory if your supervisor wanted you to. the pay was good because most of the time you just watch and maintain a machine that does the job. the drama with coworkers was too much at times, which was a lack of good management. but benefits were ok but got bad after the healthcare reform came into effect.
Pros
money per hour
Cons
management
Good company to work for have 14 days out month to work
Extrusion Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 10, 2017
Good place to work, very helpful and nice coworkers and work is easy to learn have 7 days off and a lot if time to spend with family and very good benefits.
very fun fast paced challenging work place
suzann operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GAJanuary 10, 2017
a typical day at work always started off hectic but fun and challenging everyday was different from the day before which kept it intresting. a lot of the people i worked with were people that i went to school with and that made everyday even more enjoyable.
the hardest part of the job for me was getting up enough speed to do every requirement on my own and not get behind or require any help the ultimate challenge for me.
the most enjoyable part of my job was when I fully learned everything about my job and my supervisor was always bragging on me to the other shift supervisors which in turn got me extra hours everyday that i was already schedualed to work and done all of that within 3 weeks time.
Pros
the pay was great and the hours were also the best job i have ever had
Great money
Pre Cutter (Former Employee) –  Catersville, GaJanuary 10, 2017
Great money, No social life, work a lot, can't spend time with Family, but great benefits. Hot environment, but they give you plenty of water to stay hydrated, long hours, more older workers than young, big plant, different departments
Benefits
Cons
No outside life, work 7 days, 12 hrs
Shaw Review
Plant Engineer, Backing Division (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 8, 2017
Shaw is a large floor manufacture located mostly in north Georgia. Many opportunities if you are willing to move from plant to plant.
Pros
Most everything is up to date
❤ this job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GAJanuary 8, 2017
This job is a great job. If you can get in with this company dont. Leave unless u have to... My plant shut down thats the only reason I dont still still work there..
Pros
Great benifits, pay, and insurance
Cons
plant shut down
i absolutely love this place!
Ticket Clerk/ Inspector (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJanuary 7, 2017
If I wouldn't have ever been laid off I'd still be there. .. I truly loved my job there! ! I worked at 2 plants... I loved them both. . Great people to work with and to work for! !Great pay! !
Pros
sooo many! too many to list
Cons
none i can think of
Fun work environment
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Aiken County, SCJanuary 7, 2017
Team work and employee friendly a well rounded company to work for. Good location and great benefits for you or if you have a family.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Short break
Productive exciting place to work
Doffer or space dye tech (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GADecember 27, 2016
I changed yarn over when it was a change in color. I cleaned the machines and made sure everything was running fine. The company was a productive company. It was very nice and interesting working 20 years for the company.
Solid company with great folks.
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 23, 2016
Overall this company is one of the best to work for in Georgia.
Shaw supports the community and is a generous benefactor of many non profit organizations.
Pros
Great healthcare and hourly/salary compensaton
Cons
Lack of processes and structure. Poor leadership choices
Fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 23, 2016
Plan on working both with customers over the phone and customers in person; plan on working day to day with people of all walks of life and experience. This is a sedimentary job but they have a lot of perks.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Some of the people are hard to work with
Good company to work for
Sr. Corporate Innovation Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 20, 2016
Job security and benefits are some of the main highlights. Also, footprint and variety of businesses vertically integrated. Backlash is the slowness to change/adapt.
good place to work good people
Supervisor/ Assistant Department Manger (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GADecember 12, 2016
To maintain a safe work place and meet production and Quality goals daily. The workforce was great and worked hard to meet our goals. Best part of the job was forming a team to reach our goal and then reaching them.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Very hot in the summer
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GADecember 12, 2016
While employed at Shaw for over 30 years my experience was great i enjoyed the time i was there had a family like atmosphere management was okay the 12 hours was rough sometime especially the nights the pay was good and was able to be promoted to several different jobs
love working here but I need daytime work thats why Im applying at meggitts
yarn processer (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 7, 2016
I love working at Shaw. The manangement is great. I perform several jobs in my department such as reeling, winding, backwinding and packout. I like how management takes care of their employees during berevement and critical times in family needs. The job is great but it's hard to get on day shift and that's what I need.
Clean company
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Central, SCDecember 2, 2016
While working for Shaw industries I made really good money. The jobs were hard at times but once you caught on to what was going on it was smooth sailing. Shaw Industries really took care of their employees
Shaw Industries
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 30, 2016
I work in the Residential Customer Service Department. This company truly cares about their employees. They want them to succeed. However, the work/Life balance is a little off balance. However, overall the culture, the managers, and the team members is what makes Shaw great!. I would rate it about a 90 out of 100.
Pros
Managers, Benefits, Team Environment, Culture
Cons
Having to stay on shifts for long periods of time.
making yean for rugs
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Swainsboro, GANovember 29, 2016
This is a place were you making yean for rugs .start with the making of the yean then twisting it together then sending to the next operation call heat set were it heated together then put on spoils and send out to make carpets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Industries. Our community is ready to answer.