Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Tufting Operator/ warping operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Shaw is a good place for anybody who wants to work. People are treated fairly and there is a good environment there. They care for the employers and want them to feel happy to perform their job.
Awesome
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Shaw Industries is an amazing company to work for! They care for their employees, treat you well, build team work, supplies free food often. Very competative
Not a really a bad place to work but they are not loyal.
Lead Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 16, 2018
For years I loved my job but then got a bad manager who didn't listen or understand what was going on. Wanted to go in a different direction without maintaining what was already in place.
I liked the job and the pay
Printer Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJanuary 14, 2018
The job was laid back and high paced sometimes, but i enjoyed it. They pay and benifets was all gret! The Human Recourse manager was a great gut, he was fair and understanding. He gave me the job because he saw the hard and low paid jobs that i was working and staying at and he acknowledged that and offered me a job
A very high production atmosphere
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 13, 2018
Your pushed to perform even if sometimes material or orders aren't available at the time. It can get over whelming at times for some of the employees. The benefits aren't really that great but itis a descent job over all.
People are back stabbing
Doffer/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAJanuary 13, 2018
pay is good no room for advancing unfair supervising very dusty and unsafe environment caught bronchitis from all the dust supervisors are very unfair and side with certain groups of people
Great Company
Reliability Technician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 12, 2018
I learned a lot working here and continue to learn. I get to work with all kinds of people which is awesome. I have grown and continuing to grow with the company.
Not like it use to
Twisting Operator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 11, 2018
Shaw is a very fast paced environment that has no loyalty for their employees. Anything happen to you you will be replaced. There is no team work between shifts and no management alot of favortism and buddies.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
short breaks management
People
QC Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCJanuary 9, 2018
I enjoyed working there and learn a lot about manufacturing do's and don't but there were people that also made thing complicated for a lot of peopel good people that was outstanding at what they done.
Pros
Learning New Processes
Cons
Not being Consistancts
Work
PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GAJanuary 1, 2018
This is a great company to work for. You can start out entry level and work your up.The company invests a lot in the employees to help them achieve their goal. Great benefits as well as pay.
awesome workplace
can hauler (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GADecember 28, 2017
very fast pace which what helped me stay on my feet and active
i learned how to work tools that i had not even heard of before, the hardest part about the job was pulling the cans off the track cause their were multiple cans that weighed about 50 pounds.
Team work environment
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 27, 2017
Shaw Industries workplace is based on team work as we all work work together from the supervisor to the associates on the floor. In fact the machines are usually run by two workers. Thus, there is big sense of togetherness toward a common goal.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to switch to first shift
Lift Truck Operator
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 26, 2017
Lift Truck Operator is a fast paced job. It is easy an rewarding. Shaw is a great place to work with great benefits......................................
Pros
work enviorment
Cons
short breaks
so-so
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GA 30701December 26, 2017
I only worked at 1 plant at Shaw i can only Judge that one facility I learned a lot while i was there both in dyes and Printing Carpet also in the Quality Control side as well. Management was very poor, the Hr department was a joke minorities are treated as second-class and was extremely difficult moving up the ladder also the training was very poor.
Pros
diverse jobs
Cons
Horrible Management, Human resource etc
Just do your job and you won't have any problems
Supurba operator (Former Employee) –  Meigs County, TNDecember 19, 2017
Great place to work and as long as u do your job you won't be bothered and the only thing about it is you'll go into autopilot and think all night long for 12 hrs
Pros
Vacation
Shaw
IS/IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 16, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly and welcoming co-workers in the Information Systems MDM group. Busy and productive work environment. Overall recommendable.
LTO, Molding department (Former Employee) –  Calhoun GeorgiaDecember 13, 2017
Pay is good. Work allot of hours. Go in do your job, and work hard. I am a hard worker and allot of hours is good for me to keep me busy and mind occupied.
Stressful work place
Warping Operator (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 12, 2017
Poor management, very stressful workplace. There was not many African Americans in Management positions. Very hot work conditions during the summer months and very cold in winter months. Breaks were short for the type of work that is performed.
Great Place
Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  1900 VD Parrott rdDecember 8, 2017
I work there over 16 years my first time of been with them and i loved it . I quit to become a full time foster parent. I went back and work 10 more years they are super great to their associate's and work with them when a probably comes up. They recognize and award their associate's . I would recommended them to anyone.
Pros
Vacation days, Lunches
Cons
Easy job, good pay, low quality health benefits
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  South Pittsburg, TNDecember 8, 2017
Shaw is a good company to work for, they are laid back at the Hard Wood Plant. They pay well compared to the intensity of the work. The health benefits they offer are sub par. The health insurance they provide should be better considering they are a Fortune 500 company. Information is not shared freely, we often have no idea what is happening with our positions until the last minute.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Low quality of health benefits