Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Laborer (Current Employee) –  South Pittsburg, TNFebruary 17, 2018
Worked 12 hr split shifts in the gluing department. I really like the job and would love to stay as long as i can, but job is temporary due to being replaced by a robot.
Pros
overtime
Cons
temporary
very stressful
Boiler Operator & Mechanic Technician III (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 15, 2018
You are accountable for procedures you have never heard of or been trained on. You have management that don't know what they are doing or what you are suppose to do.
Pros
there aren't any if you have been there a while
Cons
constantly writing up somebody, they love to get rid of old employees
Employment with Shaw
Sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 15, 2018
Shaw is not a bad place to start your career, but is a horrible place to stay long-term. They have a good start-up package for college graduates to enter the Shaw sales force but that package does not evolve with your career and you quickly outgrow the organization. They are notoriously low paying and do not extend raises yearly for those who deserve it. By working at Shaw, you will earn a living but will never improve your future. The opportunity for advancement is slim. Begin a career here, and know when it is time to move on.
Pros
Work-Life Balance, Constant Training and Re-Training, Travel
Cons
Compensation, Advancement
Wrongly Terminated
Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAFebruary 13, 2018
someone threw a snowball and someone else and I videoed it .
I got fired for videoing it and horseplay . nothing happened to the other people . ga labor said I was wrongly terminated . because they never went over videoing snowballs and should of talked to all of us and not fired me. they let front office HR have to much control over the people .
Cons
Its a decent place to work
Mechanic 3 (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAFebruary 13, 2018
I have learned a lot about making carpet backing in the last 14 and half years it is a fairly. Decent place to work has a lot of turn over in upper management.would be a lot better place to work if the upper management. Would go more by experience than by who came out of shaws start program
Pros
Steady work
Cons
A lot of turn over in extrusion oper.need more experince
the hardest part of the job
Spinning Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 12, 2018
The hardest part of the job was staying awake overnight. I was in really good shape physically with the dolpher from being a spinning operator.,,,you have to be careful and not let the yarn burn your hands from the spinning machine
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Nights seemed extremely long
Twister Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 12, 2018
Overall a good place..I liked working there I didn't mind the 12 hours sbifts..the pay was decent and the people for the most part were helpful and friendly
Pros
12 hour
Cons
Short break
Creeler (Former Employee) –  Winchester, TNFebruary 12, 2018
I must say Shaw was a great experience for me. Positive people positive surrounding and no task was to hard. The crew that your would work with as a creeler was very down to earth an lovable. They made you feel like you was part of the team wether you was there a or for years.
Competitive yet laid back
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 11, 2018
The management would promote you to do more than just quota , but if quota was all you did, they wouldn’t gripe or point you out. They would simply ask, “do you feel you could have done more?”
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Don’t miss quota
Co-op
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 7, 2018
The Co-op program is a hit or miss. It solely depends on where HR locates you is how much you'll get out of it. I spent three Co-op terms with Shaw and two out of three was a good experience.
Good Work environment
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  Adairsville, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Good place to work at and great staff to be around. Fast pace to work. Hardest part is to keep up with the packages and pallets. Most enjoyable is to be around a great work place and staff and great benefits.
They closed down.
Twister Operator (Former Employee) –  Valley Head, ALFebruary 6, 2018
The plant that I worked at shut down, so there is no chance of ever working there anymore. Do not bother putting in an application, because they are not there anymore.
n/a
Tufting Operator (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GA 30120February 6, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job, would have to be the people. The one who come to work. They make the job easy. Good place to work........................
Productive enviroment, not stressful
Custom Rug Cut Technician/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 5, 2018
I wore many hats at Shaw, and enjoyed them all. I worked in carpet manufacturing before moving to the Rug Distribution Center, where I was an order picker, worked in shipping, then finally, custom rug cuts. Overall, it was one of the best jobs I've held. It was a good environment, good workers/friendships,opportunities to move up. It never got too stressful at the Distribution Center, never had too much on my plate. Part of me wishes I was still there but, unfortunately, we we shut down and given a permanent layoff. Management was just ok. They were just doing their jobs, but like anyplace, you had one or two who were biased. As a whole, I don't hold this against the company.
Pros
paid vacations, product discounts
Cons
favoritism
Shipping. Operator (Former Employee) –  Calhoun GeorgiaFebruary 5, 2018
Management is very good great place to work benefits are good. Very caring about their employees. A great family-oriented company to work for. Good at t training
Pros
Good benefits they care about their employees
Cons
Sometimes hard to get in touch with management
Fair Review
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Stuart, VAFebruary 3, 2018
I worked 3rd shift I would have rather work days. The pay was fair and the benefits were good. The plant I worked at got bought out and now I am on unemployement I did not choose to end my employment.
Managers
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GA,February 2, 2018
Never had a problem working with management team for shaw until the last year employed with shaw, change of managers that have no respect for employees. You’re okay if you’re in their click and like to discuss sports all the time. Go to management with concerns and comment they have bigger issues than what I had brought to them. No appreciation for anything done for them or company..
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Would be a decent job if it was not run like a work house in a maximum security prison
Electrician Technician (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAFebruary 1, 2018
Production jobs are fairly good, maintenance jobs are down right ridiculous. The only way to advance is to be in the clique. Favoritism and corruption is rampant. Pay is actually the highest in the area, but benefits are pitiful and are cut down each year.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not much break time, treated like slaves, watched on camera everywhere, lots of favoritism
great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, TXJanuary 31, 2018
great place to work,great people to work with easy laid back just do your lob drive around when they call you on your 2 way radio to either pickup a load or take a load out side to storage yard
Pros
easy money
Cons
non
work
quality control (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoyed working here the pay was great with great benefits it was a fast paced job with lots of advancements the health care was great the holiday pay was great The job I did was very interesting and knowledgeable