Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Creeler (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 15, 2017
In my time with the organization I have found that Shaw values their people, they invest in our development and provide growth opportunities. It is a large organization but the culture is more like a small family business. It's a great place to work.
Very relaxed place to work
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 15, 2017
A typical work day would consist of driving a hyster to relocate yarn and carpet to different locations. I also handled soft waste and made bales to be weighed and shipped to a different warehouse.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Short breaks
Production and delightful work place
Machine Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAAugust 12, 2017
The work day wasn't always the same but it was a great work environment. It is a place I could of retired from. I loved the people I worked around. I loved my work hours, if I needed time off which was rare, they accommodated my need.
Pros
If overtime was available, I was able to gain from it.
Cons
Would of life to have moved up, but that doesn't happen often.
Productive, and lively workplace
Tufting/Warping Lead (Current Employee) –  Adairsville, GAAugust 11, 2017
Shaw Industries is a very respected company to work at, I do enjoy every moment here. The company has the employees interest at heart. Everyone or mostly everyone come to work to do a job and go home to their family. It's very strong on safety because they would like for everyone to be safe and wear your proper ppe.
Shaw Industries over people
Reliability Technician (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 10, 2017
Working for Shaw industries is a great way to ruin your life outside of Shaw. You spend most of your life working in the plant that treats its employees like interchangeable parts that can be easily replaced and thrown away only they seldom hire new employees as they need them. They expect shifts to consistently produce the same levels of productivity and quality with barely minimum amounts of employees per shift.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 5, 2017
I left shaw for more money Michelin tires pays more money if Shaw was paying what I make now I never would've left it's was hard leaving a company we're I was there 22 plus years
Pros
Cons
A little weak at the management
Trainer/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 2, 2017
Everyone was like family there. The hardest part was the days on and off when we had the shifts, but that changed to just three and it was great ! I hated they had to shut down the one in Newnan.
Pros
People
Cons
short breaks
Very limited on opprotunity to move up in the company.
Plant DJ (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 1, 2017
I've been with the company for 20 years and have not been able to advance to a job that pays what a college graduate should make. Managers typically take care of managers and you will advance faster if you are related to or friends with someone in management already.
Fast paced
Scouring range inspector (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 27, 2017
This is a good company to work for I worked at Shaw for years. My husband has been working there for 16 years. I enjoyed working there. Its very fast pace.
Dirty but Safe Bet
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 27, 2017
Unlikely you'll be fired but its a dirty job and there are no fancy perks. During the recession they didn't eliminate a lot of jobs. They do get really busy during the summer and won't apologize for making you work overtime.
12hr shift
Winder Operator (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 26, 2017
It a fast job. Have to learn very quickly. Work with yarn. Run a winder machine. Have to move fast to get the line back up. Always try to keep the machine in the green.
Good place to work if you want to stay on the bottom.
LTO 2 (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 25, 2017
I worked really hard to be at the top of the production list and I'm always trying to learn all that I can to further my training but I've watched numerous times as the more lazy people get promoted and moved into better, higher paying positions. I really want to move up but it seems like they would rather keep a hard worker doing what they are good at and rewarding people who can't cut it at an entry level job. Seems to be a lot of favoritism shown towards certain people.
Pros
insurance and decent pay
Cons
Hard work gets you stuck where you are.
A look from two different viewpoints
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 25, 2017
A typical day at work is usually laden with meetings. Management, culture and mindset is not always the same at different facilities of the same company. One facility can be more focused on the manufacturing aspect and the other can be focused more on the corporate aspect of things, but safety is always key.
Pros
Employee Awards
Cons
healthcare, 401K benefits
good place to work
Inspection/ Ticket Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 24, 2017
I was not a bad place to work. It was a 40 hour a week job.
As long as you done your job you didn't have any problems.
The pay is decent for the area.
Pros
pay
Cons
a little bit strick
Excellent company
Territory Manager - Colorado (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJuly 24, 2017
Shaw Industries is a great company who is one of the best in the floor covering industry. I loved working for Shaw and they carry all products needed to make a great living.
Pros
Product line
Fast pace job, twisting
Twisting Operator (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 22, 2017
I really didn't get a lot training at this plant due to it closed a couple of months after I was hired. Great coworkers. Management always took the time to come by and say hello and thread up a few broken ends.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
I really don't have any.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 20, 2017
I've enjoyed my time with Shaw. Lots of room to learn, grow and experience different facets of the flooring industry. Very people oriented, and a great place to start and stay for the long haul. Generally the customer service area is a good place to be, and anyone would be lucky to call this place their "work".
Good place to make decent money.
Textile Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Andalusia, ALJuly 17, 2017
Ive been there for several years. The pay is pretty good but the benefits are on the lower side. Co-workers and most managers are exceptional to work along with. Never had to many problems until I returned to school. Not easy to work for and try and get an education at the same time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
healthcare
Good benefits
Lab Technician and machine operator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 16, 2017
They have good people and benefits. I was able to advance to better position with time. Some positions are more physically demanding than others. Management was also responsive.
Problems
Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCJuly 15, 2017
Work life balance is good being I worked at the lowest performing plant. Management is awful. Continuous make jokes of HUGE issues and doesn't take nothing seriously even when it's coming from corporate. Corporate doesn't seemed concerned in issues brought to them. Never ending circle of things that never get resolved and they wonder why they are the lowest performing.
Cons
Hours, pay isn't comparable, management, corporate