Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries Employer Reviews

Great associates
Creeler (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAApril 29, 2014
I love the people i work with although I feel it's harder to advance than originally told.
Fabricator
WAREHOUSE (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 17, 2014
Pros: overtime, 2-15 min break and 1-30 min break
Cons: 12 hour shift, overtime and vonlunteer
Shaw Ind. was one job that I liked a lot because I did something that I enjoyed doing. I don't mind working long hours, I like to have a physical active job because I like to move in other words I like challenge. I was working with carpets/yarn spools and after done I did a report and or pile the pallets with a forklift.
No time for family
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee), Decatur, TNApril 11, 2014
I need a job that I can make my own hours. I liked my job, it's just time for something else.
Very stable company with great compensation and benifits
Sales Representative. Territory Manager (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 9, 2014
I successfully managed a 3 million dollar territory with the Philadelphia carpet line. I sold residential and commercial carpet to a base of 75 dealers in the Kansas City market. I worked along side some the best salesman in the industry.
manufacturing
Electrician III (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 7, 2014
being an electrician I can do something I enjoy and make a living at it
Great Place to work...
Warping Operator (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great job security
Cons: short breaks
Great job security and great benefits.
Great co workers
Managers that listen
Very physical
Great pay
N/A
Associate (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
N/A good company to work for Hard work how to make carpet there is n poo hard part to job, working with others.
Great place to grow.
Account Project Manager (Former Employee), Chatsworth, GAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: travel, growth ooportunities
Responsible for the timing of placing materials on hold, making certain of dye-lot compatibility and placing/tracking blanket orders.
Coordinate job schedules with client. Work with client and General Contractor and/or supervisor.
Determine step necessary to meet project deadlines. Respond with urgency and flexibility to meet frequently changing project – more... schedules.
Perform consistent, timely follow-ups with suppliers, tracking as many as thirty separate shipments of items depending on the complexity of the job.
Make freight arrangements for product shipments in the most expeditious and cost effective manner.
Locate installers for out of town installation and negotiate prices and schedules.
Create all purchase orders and contracts. Thorough follow up is essential including evening and weekend contact as required.
Create and coordinate all change orders. Track all changes in timetables and materials to insure proper completion and billing.
Monitor installations for meeting schedules and quality standards.
Approve installation bills. Review and evaluate all installer bills for accuracy.
Maintain required documentation in job folders and on the computer system to support the projects. Assemble all information related to the projects.
Prepare job folders for invoicing. Review for extras and change orders, determine freight charges, verify for accuracy, and submit to Accounts Receivable.
Receive maintenance and repair calls. Determine responsibility for repairs. Prepare cost estimates if necessary. On projects under guarantee, arrange repairs by original installers within prescribed timelines. In their absence, recruit and dispatch replacement installers. Review invoices and charge back primary installers accordingly.
Prepare specs and estimating
Travel to customers for meetings and conventions as needed.
Reporting - Submitted weekly reports i.e., store status, inventory, forecast – less
great atmosphere
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee), Dalton, GAMarch 19, 2014
Friendly workplace with very good safety program. Non diversity. Advancement opportunities through Shaw start.
Productive and good benefits
Finishing Operator (Former Employee), Clinton, SCMarch 12, 2014
great people to work around, great laughs shared and times together after work and weekends
Stressful environment with great pay
LTO II/FORK LIFT MECHANIC (Former Employee), Adairsville, GAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: unstable work environment
I really enjoyed my job. I work well under pressure, but I was unhappy with the job's security of employment. For a company like Shaw Industries, I expected a more stable work environment. During the time I was emplyed there, I was laid off, changed from 8 hour shifts to 12, and then went from a normal work wk (mon-fri) to A, B, C, and D shift. It was – more... third shift, so I got a .20 shift premium. I can handle the change and take it as it comes... but right before the entire plant was laid off indefinately, there was talk of changing the location from Adairsville to Eton. I was extremely disappointed with this company. I was looking at this job as a permanent, stable company that I could sink my teeth into and begin a career. I was in it for the long haul, too bad they weren't. – less
Shaw
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Dalton, GAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: financial stability
Cons: thirty minute drive to work
I really enjoyed my days at Shaw. I enjoyed the work itself, but I also enjoyed the camaraderie between co-workers. There was room for advancement and great benefits.
Great atmosphere
Threader, heat seal operator (Former Employee), Thomson, GAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great enviorment
Cons: felt as though i was treated unfairly when i wanted to return to work
It was a very good job and I enjoyed working there. I wanted to move on up to a better job but due to becoming ill, I was unable to work then there was a large layoff
Controller -Aiken SC
AIKEN (Former Employee), PLANT 78February 21, 2014
Cons: terrible working conditions
This man at the Aiken SC PLANT 78
is hostill he's the controller of this plant
I advise NO ONE TO TAKE THIS POSITION
YOU'll REGRET IT
It IS THE WORST WORKING CONDITIONS
Productive working environment
Finishing- Lead (Current Employee), CalhounFebruary 18, 2014
As long as you finish your duty, everything else will be fine.
Productive working environment
Finishing- Lead (Current Employee), CalhounFebruary 18, 2014
As long as you finish your duty, everything else will be fine.
I really loved working here
West Coast Account Specialist (Former Employee), Dalton, GAFebruary 6, 2014
This was the best job I have ever had. Had I not moved I would still be there. Management is very supportive and encourages growth. Benefits and compensation were fantastic.
Very Ethical Standards and quality work place
Analytical Lab Technician II (Former Employee), Dalton, GaFebruary 6, 2014
Very Ethical Standards and quality work place. The typical day for my particular responsibilities included root cause analysis of off quality in manufacturing goods.
Great environment, great staff and employees
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Calhoun, GAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great management and security
Cons: n/a
My typical day at work; work hard without many mistakes and stay focused on what the machines do. What I've learned from management is that no matter what the day brings to you, there will be some honest mistakes that can be easily corrected. My co-workers that I worked with are very helpful especially when I arrived to work one day with a sprained – more... wrist and one, maybe two workers helped me finish one side of my machine and the good thing is that I didn't even have to ask them for any help. The most enjoyable part of the day is that the breaks that I have while the machine is spinning thread. My breaks are between 30-45 minutes long while both sides of the machine is spinning. – less
good pay
Operator, security guard (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: no supervision
Cons: cold weather
met a lot of people,learned how to become an operator,enjoyed being own boss

About Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries, Inc. designs and manufactures approximately 1,800 styles of tufted and woven carpet for residential and commercial – Read more