Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
lift driver (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 21, 2015
Great place to work. Great support, and a ton of freebies. Great people to work with. That is all. Thanks.They keep telling me to tell more. I have said all i need to say. THANK YOU.
Pros
Great celebrations
Cons
Shaw Industries is a well known company all across the south
"RTI CLERK" (Former Employee) –  Shaw Industries South Ind Blvd Calhoun GANovember 10, 2015
The are many chances for advancements @ Shaw. For example when I had began @ Shaw i started out creeling, then moved to Tufting machine operator, then to RTI clerk. If you are willing to learn & advance it is possible. I left Shaw because i moved overseas to work.
Pros
fairly well money & good benefits.
Cons
very strict management & policies
Great people, steady workflow
Level I Associate (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 5, 2015
I loved working for Shaw but I worked 2nd shift and I wasn't able to see my family. A LOT OF OVERTIME. It was easy to advance your skills but if you wanted to change departments then you had to start all over again.
A typical day at work
AIR ENTANGLING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GANovember 4, 2015
Most days at Shaw was pleasant, but there were some where the product was running really bad. Overall my experience there was great.
Pros
Good Benefits and pays well
Cons
Working Shorthanded
stay away from night shift
warehouse (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 4, 2015
The day drivers were nice people but the night shift supervisor was a nightmare to work for. If he didn't like you, which he has his favorites, he would find a way to get rid of you. Everything you did was wrong and your day depended on what mood he was in. He was in with the operations manager whom seemed to side with him over his other employees. Beware!
Pros
pays ok
Cons
management favortism
tugger driver
Tugger Driver (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GANovember 3, 2015
transport yarn from production floor to warehouse so operators can run it. Any empty carts or tube carts i have to bring to warehouse.
hard working inviroment
forklift operator and inventory specialist (Current Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GANovember 3, 2015
great company to work for. Job mainly consists of unloading product of the truck safely and in a timely matter, and also loadin containers.
Pros
pay weekly
Cons
Na
great job
Residential Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAOctober 27, 2015
A very friendly environment to work in and the job was very easy, high call volume kept you busy and made the day go by fast.
growing company to work for.
Carpet Final Production Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAOctober 21, 2015
Enjoy working for the company. First time i worked in a plant so big dealing with carpet, Learn a lot working with mechines and differant equitments.
Fast paced and stressful
Twister Operator (Current Employee) –  Andalusia, ALOctober 10, 2015
The hardest part had to be the hours. Work sometimes ran into 18-20 hour shifts leaving little time for family and friends. Working in the Marine Corps taught me the meaning of hard work and discipline. There was always new people ready to learn and work. That had to be the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Continual training, new people, always changing
Cons
the hours.
Productive and extremely busy
Twisting Operator (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 9, 2015
Working at shaw you have to be energetic and ready to get the job done. At times it can be stressful but its all in a days work.
Cons
Short breaks and limited movement to enjoy your break
Have plenty of time off to be able to do personal things.
Heaset Operator (Current Employee) –  Andalusia, ALOctober 7, 2015
We work 12 hours a day, 14 days a week. We have 7 straight days off so its like having a week of vacation every month. We work rotating shifts and two weekends a month.
Great if you are hourly
Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 27, 2015
Moving in to a salaried role there is no guarantee . After 18 years the position just basically stopped. No notice just a severance package. I was dumbfounded.
Interesting!
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Thomson, GASeptember 17, 2015
Shaw is an interesting company to work for. They are excellent in promoting learning and training for their employees. Most jobs here are hard laboring; however, Shaw tries their best to improve their ergonomics to be a more comfortable workplace.
Great Company
Stacker III rotation 1st shift (Former Employee) –  South Pittsburg, TNSeptember 4, 2015
pay, benefits, management, and overall quality Shaw inc is a great and outstanding company to work for, would refer anyone who asked me about the company.
Pros
benefits, hours, pay, management, great company
Perfect Work/Balance Place!
Mfg. QA Business Analyst I/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 4, 2015
I don't have any complaints about working at Shaw Industries. Advancement opportunities and education opportunities to move up are always available. My manager and director have been really good in coaching me about my future work goals and helping me in that direction. One thing I have to give major Kudos for is the work/life balance at Shaw. When needed, I can take personal time off for doctors, care of my kids, home repairs or whatever is needed without the worry of needing to use a vacation day.
Current Job
Laminate Dept (Current Employee) –  Tunnel HillSeptember 4, 2015
I love working here and I hope to get hire full time. I get along with my coworkers, Shaw has good benefits and also it is a good location for me and my family.
hard job.
Center Line Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAAugust 27, 2015
I liked this job. it was hard for a lady. I was a cloth doffer .I was a hard job for a lady to be doing. hardly ever got to take a break. long hours.
Pros
not really any.
Cons
hardly got a break. 12 hr days.
Productive and a fun place to work
Tufting Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 27, 2015
Management is nice, you have the opportunity to grow with the company, i learned how to supervise,and quality control. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to have 2 creeling teams racing to see which team would win.
Pros
Safety Dinners
Cons
N/A
Exceptional envviornment and great place to learn and grow
Commercial Customer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 17, 2015
My typical day at work consist of me answering phone calls from Sale Reps from all over the world. Meeting deadline and making sure that I deliver efficiently to my customers. Driving sales and being aware of my overall etiquette, Minting my call rating and being available for additional assistance
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Lots of shift changes