Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

A very productive place to work.
Clean up crew (Current Employee), South Pittsburg, TNDecember 31, 2014
Working at Shaw Industries is a very good experience. I worked in a very communicative environment, where everyone worked together to produce great quality flooring products. Everyone, including the Employers, are very respectful,uplifting, and friendly to all other fellow employers and employees.

There were no jobs that I witnessed or worked at, was too strenuous or made hard for the employees, all jobs were explained and taught at a very good pace and thoroughly for all workers to be very safe and productive.
Good paying job with good people.
Machinist (Former Employee), Franklin, PADecember 31, 2014
Pros: good pay and good people.
Cons: no overtime while on training.
This is a nice place to work if you can run CNC. The management is understanding and the other workers are helpful. The hardest part of this job was the set up, and the most enjoyable was doing what I love.
Very unhappy with way management treated people
Six Sigma Manager (Former Employee), Fitzgerald, GADecember 3, 2014
Very dreary environment to work in. People were always on edge and unhappy to be there. Most of it stemmed from Plant Managers attitude and treatment of others during my tenure there. IF that changed could have been a much better place to be.
Great Company, Great People
Monitor management (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great pay, great people, great working conditions
My Plant closed and moved out of state. I was offered the Operations Manger at the new plant, but did not want to move
Good Job, No opportunity to grow
Heatset Operator (Current Employee), Andalusia, ALNovember 22, 2014
Pros: 7 days off
Cons: swing shift
its a good job with good benefits. i just want to better myself and want more opportunity. A lot of favortism is shown. If you are in good with certain people just like anything else in life this is the company for you.
Use to be a good place to work
Administration (Current Employee), DaltonNovember 13, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: favoritism, bias, discrimination, no growth opportunities
If you are in college or graduated from college recently this is the company for you. You will have more opportunities than those that have help build the company. Once you are hire don't expect to grow, unless you are from the area and had build good relationships. It's about who do you know. A lot of favoritism and discrimination (age/ ethnicity). Managers are mostly engineers with no people skills.
Good company.
Boilermaker (Former Employee), Corpus ChristiNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: contract work
Good work flow. Things always seemed to get done in good time. good communication. Good pay
Fun job
Suessen / Heatset operator/ Trainer (Former Employee), Calhoun, GANovember 12, 2014
Cons: 12 hour swing shifts
This was a carpet yarn mill. Probably the most enjoyable job I've had, but it didn't pay very well.
Great Flooring Manufacturing
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
Strong Leadership channels
Was educated on how sell
Collegues were very congenial
I have already rated this.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cartersville, GANovember 4, 2014
I do not know why i have to do it all over again. It makes no sense to write a second review on the same company.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: every quarter they would give free lunch for perfect attendence
Cons: didn't like being layed off
I worked as a machine operator working the extruder and the spinner. I learned how to operate my machinery in a effective and productive manner. My supervisor and my co-workers were great and there was no hard part because I enjoyed my position
Went out business
Heatset Operator (Current Employee), Aiken, SCOctober 30, 2014
Great place, great management, great pay. Went out of business.
My life with Shaw Ind. Plant #6
Superba Operator (Former Employee), Dalton, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great pay for the time, great working environment
Cons: management needed better people skills
great place to work, just needs a little tweeking.. I worked 12 hr shifts to begin with, then they changed it to 8 hr shifts, This was a major pay cut for everyone. The material we needed to perform our job was always where we needed it to be. Co-workers worked very well together. Training was a group effort, even though you were assigned a trainer. Management was a little hung up on himself. He was more worried about what other managers thought of him, than he was his employees.
Safe enviroment to work in, but work 6 days a week
Tufting Machine Operator (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks, 6 to 7 day work weeks
During my 8 hour shift I operate a tufting machine, watching the carpet as it is made making sure it is defect free. When defects are found I locate the problem causing it and fix/repair it. I learned how to creel and splice yarn on a creel. I also learned how to operate and replace parts on a tufting machine. All my co-workers were very good at helping me learn the aspects of my job, and helping me after I mastered them. The hardest part about working at Shaw is having to work 6 to 7 days a week most of the year.
Wonderful workplace
Operator/Technician (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: company bonuses and celebrations of company sucess
Cons: a lot of management that doesnt seem to communicate to one another
Pre work stretch
Verbal handoff from previous shift(problems, upcoming orders, etc...)
Worked hand in hand with engineers to better fine tune large and small mechanics.
The management are very friendly and knowledgeable.
Spinning operator
Spinning operator (Former Employee), Fitzgerald, GAOctober 3, 2014
As a spinning operator I operate the machine to make carpet thread for the business.
small team of people, more like familly
Shipping and Receiving Agent (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 2, 2014
Due to the small amount of employees in our building, we were a family.

Everyone pulls their weight.

Pay scale is outstanding
Shaw Industries is a GREAT Plact to work
Safety Manager (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: safety is a core element of how they do business
Cons: lack of human resourse support and very demanding work hours.
Would have loved to stay with Shaw. However the commute was a bit much as was the number of hours demanded each week.
Shaw takes Occupational Safety and Health seriously and I commend the company for it's forward leaning thinking. Great ESH team!
Very good company with high quality and great reputation
Innovation Product Manager (Current Employee), Dalton, GASeptember 24, 2014
Shaw is a good employer with a family-like atmosphere for such a large company.
2 Thumbs Down
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cartersville, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: management, poor job culture, lack of professionalism, poor job resources, do not care about employees
When I first started working at Shaw, I absolutely loved it and thought it was the best place ever. Great pay, great benefits, and they showed their appreciation for their employees constantly. Well that's gone. You are consistently berated, management has zero clue on how to do their job, and the job culture is pitifully miserable. It is really sad to see what used to be a great company quickly slipping at the hands of inexperienced imbeciles. God speed to you if you get a job here and good luck on moving up. You're not going anywhere unless you know someone or brown nose your way to the top like the rest of them. The best day of my life will be walking out of that gray walled jail cell into a new job.

About Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries, Inc. designs and manufactures approximately 1,800 styles of tufted and woven carpet for residential and commercial – Read more

Shaw Industries Salaries