Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Love doing the Work and interacting with co workers , dislike the constant change in the department's
Forklift operator (Current Employee), Adairsville, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: short break every two hours, christmas gift card, bonus check
Cons: no paid vacation, no sick days, no sick pay, promotions based on seniority only . not by performance
we all try to be there 10 minutes early for a before shift meeting then i go to my assigned forklift and do my check sheet to make sure it is operational order then start scanning product to put where it is assigned to go. the hardest part of my job is having to fix a truck that someone missed something because that means you have to unload and reload a whole truck.. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with coworkers and loading and unloading trucks and getting live loads out on time.... greeting customers to get them out quick as possible
Great benefits, satisfactory pay and room to advancement...
Creeler/Operator (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJanuary 29, 2015
On a typical shift, we'd start off by completing a few exercises just as a warm up to condition us for the night ahead. We were briefed on how the previous shift did and then given instructions on what part we needed to play to have a successful shift. My co-workers were very helpful and we pretty much understood the concept of team work. I had no complaints about my job and I truly enjoyed the experience.
Good working conditions
LTO - Clerk (Former Employee), Clinton, SCJanuary 27, 2015
Excellent working conditions
I learned how to operate forklift
Great place to work while going to college.
Trainer (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: berkshire hathaway subsidiary, great hours for hourly employees
Cons: family time is fleeting, unsustainable schedule, not ideal for family development
8-12 hours days, 6-7 days a week, unpaid vacation,
Very hot in the summer (heat exhaustion, passing out common)
Very cold in the winter
Production rules the day
Safety: preached, not practiced
Extremely limited advancement
Job Hazards: cuts lacerations, bruises, dismemberment, accidental death
Adherence: Point system, consistent attendance not rewarded, high turnover rate
Care about there people
Supervisor (Current Employee), Thomson, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: steady income
Cons: long hours
Great place to provide for your family. You can move up within the company. Has been around a long time.
shaw
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fitzgerald, GAJanuary 13, 2015
i worked at shaw for 2 years. when i was there i learned a lot there to and safety.it was a hard job to do, but i got use to the job. i made good money why i was there. the people i worked around was very good.the mangement they was nice.some jobs was hard,but i learn the job quick.if i need help i would ask.
Shaw only wants the work done, but doesnt applaud its employees for their hard work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: short breaks and poor leadership.
Working on a team of four people theres always going to be someone who doesnt want to pull their weight. When this problem is addressed to supervisors that employee may be counseled or not. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. (12) The best part of the job was the paycheck and clocking out.
Same as previous Shaw review
Contract Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: loved the people, and customers
Cons: i do not believe they understood, what open door policy was.
Loved the job, I think I would have continued to thrive, if management would have taken helped when I advised them I was overwhelmed.
hmmm
Dye Weigher I (Former Employee), Calhoun, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: the pay was good
Cons: the work was not steady in the end
This place needs more confidential managers and people with an education in charge.
A very productive place to work.
Clean up crew (Current Employee), South Pittsburg, TNDecember 31, 2014
Working at Shaw Industries is a very good experience. I worked in a very communicative environment, where everyone worked together to produce great quality flooring products. Everyone, including the Employers, are very respectful,uplifting, and friendly to all other fellow employers and employees.

There were no jobs that I witnessed or worked at, was too strenuous or made hard for the employees, all jobs were explained and taught at a very good pace and thoroughly for all workers to be very safe and productive.
Good paying job with good people.
Machinist (Former Employee), Franklin, PADecember 31, 2014
Pros: good pay and good people.
Cons: no overtime while on training.
This is a nice place to work if you can run CNC. The management is understanding and the other workers are helpful. The hardest part of this job was the set up, and the most enjoyable was doing what I love.
Very unhappy with way management treated people
Six Sigma Manager (Former Employee), Fitzgerald, GADecember 3, 2014
Very dreary environment to work in. People were always on edge and unhappy to be there. Most of it stemmed from Plant Managers attitude and treatment of others during my tenure there. IF that changed could have been a much better place to be.
Great Company, Great People
Monitor management (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great pay, great people, great working conditions
My Plant closed and moved out of state. I was offered the Operations Manger at the new plant, but did not want to move
Good Job, No opportunity to grow
Heatset Operator (Current Employee), Andalusia, ALNovember 22, 2014
Pros: 7 days off
Cons: swing shift
its a good job with good benefits. i just want to better myself and want more opportunity. A lot of favortism is shown. If you are in good with certain people just like anything else in life this is the company for you.
Use to be a good place to work
Administration (Current Employee), DaltonNovember 13, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: favoritism, bias, discrimination, no growth opportunities
If you are in college or graduated from college recently this is the company for you. You will have more opportunities than those that have help build the company. Once you are hire don't expect to grow, unless you are from the area and had build good relationships. It's about who do you know. A lot of favoritism and discrimination (age/ ethnicity). Managers are mostly engineers with no people skills.
Good company.
Boilermaker (Former Employee), Corpus ChristiNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: contract work
Good work flow. Things always seemed to get done in good time. good communication. Good pay
Fun job
Suessen / Heatset operator/ Trainer (Former Employee), Calhoun, GANovember 12, 2014
Cons: 12 hour swing shifts
This was a carpet yarn mill. Probably the most enjoyable job I've had, but it didn't pay very well.
Great Flooring Manufacturing
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2014
Strong Leadership channels
Was educated on how sell
Collegues were very congenial
I have already rated this.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cartersville, GANovember 4, 2014
I do not know why i have to do it all over again. It makes no sense to write a second review on the same company.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: every quarter they would give free lunch for perfect attendence
Cons: didn't like being layed off
I worked as a machine operator working the extruder and the spinner. I learned how to operate my machinery in a effective and productive manner. My supervisor and my co-workers were great and there was no hard part because I enjoyed my position

About Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries, Inc. designs and manufactures approximately 1,800 styles of tufted and woven carpet for residential and commercial – Read more

Shaw Industries Salaries