Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

It definitely had its ups and downs.
Operator/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GAAugust 17, 2015
A typical work day could be rather long and arduous. Meaning, working 12 hours in a stressful atmosphere could be a heavy weight to carry. I learned to work my way through the challenges and remain positive. Management was okay, but could have been better. A few of my co-workers were awesome pertaining to work ethic and getting the job done. I did build a camaraderie with them and they thought of me in the same aspect. The hardest part of the job were the 12 hours and the stress that came with it most of the time. Again, the most enjoyable part about the job were the few co-workers that I have worked with for many years that I had gotten to know.
Pros
Working day shift.
Cons
The breaks were very short and working 12hours.
I have a total of 20 years with this company, even though they are partially closing their doors, it's still a great company
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAAugust 14, 2015
My years here at Shaw have been overall good. I have a total of 20 years with this company. Great work environment and good people. Typical work day includes me doing reports on the the material and goods that come into the plant. As a receiving clerk, I deal with a variety of people on an everyday basis. I receive the material into the computer to generate a receipt for accounting purposes. Once that's done, I file paper work. My co-workers are great people. I've been knowing most of them a long time. I can't think of anything about my job that is hard at all. I like learning new things. The most enjoyable thing about my job is the people. I love people..
nurse at shaw
LPN (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 11, 2015
great place to work, they care about their associates, excellent pay, benefits could be better, room for advancement, continuing education opportunities
SO SO
TECH (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 9, 2015
NEED TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO WORK ON ONE'S FEET FOR 10+ HOURS A DAY. IN A DUSTY LOUD HOT ENVIRONMENT. WHERE THE MAIN FOCUS IS TO PUT AS MUCH PRODUCTION DOWN THE LINE WITH AS FEW PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.
Good people with lack of management direction.
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 7, 2015
A normal day at work would consist of solving problems that could have been more easily solved as a team. I learned that working together gets things done faster. The management does not tell you enough information as fast or as directly as you need to know it. The hardest part of the job was repeatedly repairing the same equipment. The most enjoyable part was the relationships made with employees.
Pros
Flexible work schedules.
Cons
Management.
Great to work
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJuly 31, 2015
Its a good place to work, and i have learn a lot about team work.They have good benfits and retirement plans. You work 12hrs, but you are working but 14 to 15 days out of the mouth.
Shaw Ind. is a very good company to work for.
Heatset Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Andalusia Al 36420July 27, 2015
I was a Heat Set Operator.
I learned how to manage my time.
The management was very professional,they tried hard to make work enjoyable.
Most of my co-workers were pleasant and helpful.
The hardest part of my job was bending and stretching
The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure my machine produced a premium quality product.
Pros
the company is fair and honest.
Cons
bending and stretching.
very fun learning experience
electrician (Current Employee) –  bainbridge georgiaJuly 22, 2015
i work monday through friday 8 to 4. im in my second year as grade 2 electrician . my co workers are great to be around, hardest part of the job is not learning every thing like you want, most enjoyable part i learn new things every day
Advancement
BBS Facilitator Plant LM (Current Employee) –  Ringgold, GAJuly 21, 2015
There are many times one cannot advance because someone with more experience has been chosen. How is someone supposed to gain experience if they are not given the opportunity
Machine Operator, Machine Mechanic, Machine Electrician
I. Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALJuly 18, 2015
A typical day at work varies on which machine I am working with

I have learned to havve better patience

Management was great making sure production stayed up

My co-workers were Team focussed

The hardest part of my job ws the swing shift

The most enjoyable part of my job was the 7 days off a month
Pros
Good paycheck
Cons
Swing Shift from Days to Nights and Nights to Days
SUPERVISOR, 2ND SHIFT (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 16, 2015
I have no complaints about Shaw. This s a great company that I would recommend to anyone. They will continue to thrive for years to come.
Owned by Berkshire-Hathaway
Regional Sales Manager, Southeast (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 12, 2015
A stable and progressive flooring manufacturer with sales in excess of $4 billion dollars per year offered growth opportunities and great benefits for employees. I began as a territory salesperson calling on flooring retailers. Worked territories in Jacksonville, FL, Atlanta, GA, Huntsville, AL. Promoted to Regional Manager while in Huntsville, responsible for sales in N. Alabama, N. Georgia and Tennessee from Nashville through Knoxville. Transferred to Houston, TX responsible for S. Texas and New Orleans areas. Moved to Nashville at my request. As regional manager was allowed leeway in promotions including incentive trips for customers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult consumer claims and the most enjoyable was the relationships between our management and ourselves. a typical day was joining a territory manager on his/her rounds and meeting our customers.
Pros
Ability to offer and manage group incentive trips.
Cons
No serious cons
great place to work
Customer service/admin (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 8, 2015
work at your own pace answer calls place orders answer questions about orders check stock check backorder dates transfer calls to the correct dept.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no sick days
Good employees
Machine Operator/ Creeler (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TNJuly 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Shaw at the time they really seemed to care about their employees. The supervisiors were easy to work with and to get along with.
Pros
Good people
Cons
12 hours
amazing work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 2, 2015
management is incredible I enjoyed working here on a daily basis. The day went by very smooth. I learned a lot from management at this office
terrible management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Valley Head, ALJune 23, 2015
no increase in salary, bad managers, no promotions, short breaks, constant lay offs. Low morale, company does provide benefits so that is a good thing
Pros
health insurance
Cons
short breaks low pay
Run machine
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Eton, GAJune 18, 2015
Love love working for this company. Had great benefits and would love to work there again. The best thing for me was I loved working 3rd shift.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
short breaks
great place to work
Lift truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 7, 2015
loved working there Enjoyed making production. Enjoyed being the mentor for new employees and showing them the safe and proper way of driving a lift truck
Pros
Cons
long work hours
Productive and safe place to work
Heat Set Operator (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, AlabamaJune 5, 2015
a typical day at Shaw Industries is rewarding being so every batch of yarn is different and one have to treat it as such. the management team plays a great role in the day to day operations and is always available when needed
had fun working here
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 31, 2015
When I worked here there were only three of us working together. We bonded really well. We made work fun. We are still friends even though we haven't worked together since 2009.
Pros
fun people to work with