Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries Employer Reviews

Excellent growing industry
Regional Design and Contract Assistant (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAJuly 4, 2013
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: uncertainty of merger transition
While I enjoy this employment opportunity, it is only a temporary assignment. The staff have collectively embraced teaching me as much as possible. In return, it has been my pleasure to assist them in their daily activities, and projects. There is opportunity to grow at Shaw, but it is vague where that will be. My employment is based off a time frame – more... for an office location merger, and the transition. I do not wish to play with the uncertainties of employment opportunities as the changes take place, therefor I am seeking other employment opportunities. – less
Shaw was a great place to work
Retired (Former Employee), Central, SCJune 30, 2013
Pros: great insurance
Cons: breaks were too short
12 hour rotating shifts

learned skills on how to relate to different ethnic groups and ages
Management was great
co workers were good to work with
the hardest part was getting enough rest for those 4 days/nights of 12 hour workdays
the friendships made that have lasted...
good Company
Plant DD Finishing Department Manager (Former Employee), Calhoun, GaJune 25, 2013
Good place to work. Advancement is so so. I would definitely recommend seeking employment at Shaw.
Honest and easy going workplace.
Tufting Operator (Current Employee), Chatsworth, GeorgiaJune 19, 2013
Everyday is typically the same, supervisors do not stress the workers to hard the co-workers are great. There is no hard parts about the job except for being alert at all times. The best thing about this job is that you do not go home worn out.
great people
Heat-set Operator (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJune 19, 2013
I worked in a team and my co workers were always very helpful.
The hardest part of my job was doffing
The managment worked really good some better than other but overall they were great to work with and be around
Office personnel (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 15, 2013
Best job I've ever had. Management truly looks out for the employees. The work is not easy, but it's still a great place to work.
Well establised enviroment
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJune 11, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
It's a good place to work. I've learned a lot about carpet. Mangers are friendly. Most of the people are easy to get alone with. The hardest part is being there for twelve hours. The enjoyable part is getting to be part of a company that does well in the industry.
good place to work
Forklift driver (Former Employee), Dalton, GAMay 28, 2013
pulled orders to load on trucks loaded trucks and unloaded also
Structured, team environment, fun workplace
Regional Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), 131 Old Mill Rd Cartersville, GaMay 6, 2013
Pros: opportunity for advancements, structured
Cons: no sick days
Shaw Industries is a great place of employment. It was the first place of employment where I was introduced to the team system. Learning to work as a team was the beginning of building a very strong foundation in my growth development. The people that I had the privilege of working with has forever made an impact on the person that I have become. I – more... have been challenged, pushed, and stretched beyond limits that I never thought possible. I'm forever indebted to them for helping me dig deep and reach higher than the glass ceiling. I've held several positions at Shaw and all were challenging, but the thing that I had struggled with and over came was learning how to put your personal differences a side when working with different personalities and staying focus on the job at hand. If you are looking for structure, fun workplace, excellent benefits, this is the perfect place. – less
Decent employer with great pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAApril 22, 2013
Always very busy, very difficult to have a flexible schedule as a part time employee. Managers are friendly, but aren't very cooperative when you have a problem. The entire place is friendly and welcoming, however if you ever have a problem, you are out of luck with someone caring.
O.K. work environment. Steady work load little down time.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 15, 2013
Pros: new tasks easy people
Cons: no advancement
Enjoyed co-workers and the ability to lead. Fun work environment driving tractor trailer. Learning day to day functions kept me interested..
Great place to work and good benefits.
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee), Dalton, GaApril 11, 2013
Pros: good pay, great benefits, good management.
Cons: repetative work.
I liked working here and the management was great. The time was managable and the benefits where great. I also loved that safty was one of the main concerns. This employer really cares for their employees.
Good Company
Mender (Former Employee), Ringgold, GAApril 10, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits, for jobs well done benefits such as free lunch or little presents.
Cons: temprature, acess to water fountains and break rooms not convient
Great company to work for, they care for there employees, and let you experience different positions within the department.
Productive and Hard working
Creeler (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAApril 5, 2013
The work there isnt difficult, but it can be physically demanding at times. They teach you what you need to know. People are very knowledgeble about the jobs they do.
fun place to work
operator (Former Employee), dalton gaApril 5, 2013
Pros: everyyhing
Cons: nothing
Good benifits,pay and environment. I have lots of friends i made there still and learned a lot
Productive, goal oriented work place
LTO (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 5, 2013
Pros: insurance
Cons: lay offs
Over all okay place to work as long as you have workers willing to work together as a team. I learned to cover all parts of being a hyster driver. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been going home. The hardest part of the job would have been trying to get people to work together. Managment was normally pretty good about leaving you be as – more... long as you were doing your job right – less
love the culture and values of the company, has advancement, great management teams
Quality control technician (Former Employee), wm dalton ga. to plant 67 lafayette, ga.March 19, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: working 12 hours the breaks are short
great company, very deversified, keeps employees well informed.productive and interesting to work for
Overworked and underpayed
Electrician (Former Employee), Bryson City, NCMarch 15, 2013
They make you work crazy hours and they kept changing the schedule daily. The management really does not have it together at this plant.
HARD WORKER PERSON AND GOOD COMUNICATION
Shipping/Receiving Clerk leadperson (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMarch 5, 2013
EVERY DAY OR NIGHT SHIFT AND SAFETY
SAFETY REGULATIONS ON TRUCK ,FOLLOW THE RULES,GOOD TEAM WORK,TRAFFIC SITUATION,SAFETY DAY
Very good place to work.
Plant DD Finishing Department Manager (Former Employee), Calhoun, GaFebruary 20, 2013
Excellent employeer with very good benefits. Advancement is available to certian levels. They develope a caring enviroment.

About Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries, Inc. designs and manufactures approximately 1,800 styles of tufted and woven carpet for residential and commercial – Read more