Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Great company
Safety Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalton , GAMarch 28, 2017
Great company with good opportunity for advancement. Provides safe work environment for associates. Great reputation in community and excellent contributor to local area.
Great Place to work
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAMarch 27, 2017
The typical day was good, and the company really appreciate it's employees. I learned a lot of safety rules and how to operate different machines. The workplace consisted of a diverse culture.
Pros
Great Pay, Teamwork
Cons
Hours get cut
They really look out for their employees.
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Central, SCMarch 27, 2017
Management was wonderful. They care about theIr employees. I worked there for 10 1/2 years. Started in extrusion went to sorting and packing from there I got to drive a switcher for about 1 year.
not a place i would want to work at again
Multi Skilled Tech (Former Employee) –  South Pittsburg, TNMarch 19, 2017
I was on night shift two on two off or every other weekend which was hard for me to get used to, the supervisor never spoke with us how we were doing if we needed anything, nothing. Being on night shift we were basically the forgotten ones, of course this being the only night shift job I have ever had it could be this way everywhere.
Interesting
Spinning/Winding Operator,Poll Hyster (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 18, 2017
A typical day of work includes showing up on time going to your workstation and do your job. it is a good workplace if you know what your doing. keep your eyes and mind on task if you don't you might cause serious injury to parts of your body or even death..
benefits
Excelent company
Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 14, 2017
Shaw is a company that truly invests in its employees, providing many opportunities for education as well as career advancement and individual growth.
Great
Doffer/ forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAMarch 13, 2017
Great place to work. Steady income. Even overtime if you want and sometimes even if you don't want. They treat employees fair and equal. Pay is also very competitive.
Pros
Money making opportunities
Cons
Some jobs a kinda hard
Good place to work just don't like swing shift
Extruder Operator (Current Employee) –  Clemson plant 8TMarch 13, 2017
It's a great place to work I really lol my job it is a real challenge from day to day it's more like working on assembly line because you work with 3other people, just can't get adjust to the swing shift wears down the body and messes up sleeping pattern
Pros
Hav plenty time off
Cons
Lot of sleepless nite
Great Place To Work
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 11, 2017
Allowed me to get involved in any project that I found interesting and offered guidance. I was offered flexible hours which was important to me as a student.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
No room for advancement
productive, fair place to work
creeler operator (Former Employee) –  calhoun ga.March 8, 2017
Shaw is a great place to work with a great chance for advancement. Management is fair and easy to work with. the company has different ethnic groups that work there.
management needs to be replaced. Show to much favoritism.
Operator level 3 (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMarch 7, 2017
Lot of slackers bc management will not make certain people do their jobs.you will have to do the work of 2 people bc they let other employees walk around doing nothing.
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Highway411 Cartersville GAMarch 7, 2017
Good pay has its good points. need to dig a little deeper when choosing leaders. Some days better than others. The works not really hard and some of the people are very friendly. There was a few things I would have changed but overall its a pretty good place to work. Every place has some bad apples in the barrel. It never fail they weed themselves out.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
Thers really none
Good place to work.
Winder Operator/Heat Setting (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SC 29803March 2, 2017
My experience with shaw is that it hard working all the time. Some days are good days and some days are bad. The communication with employee and supervisor could be better.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Always working and its hot.
great place
Hard Surface Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 24, 2017
It is a great place to work or I would not have been there for nearly 30 years!!!!!!! I love working there and the incentives they have. Has a life/work balance
Amazing
Pickup IPT form table or Lead/Planner (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 19, 2017
Shaw is a great company to work for. They are very laid back and easy going. Felt like family everyone was so close and friendly. Clean place to work.
Spinning
Spinning Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Valley Head, ALFebruary 17, 2017
This was the hardest job I ever had and very demanding with very little pay. One almost needs to kill themselves to barely make a living. Management was uneducated in how to communicate their commands and unable to motivate their employees.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Low wages and very hard work.
Fast pace and okay place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAFebruary 16, 2017
It's fast pace because you are always doing something. It's a okay place because their isn't much room for advancement. The pay is okay it could be better.
Pros
Free lunches, long breaks
Cons
The people is ver messy and no room for advancement
I like working at shaw,because we worked as a team .i also enjoyed the job i did i took proud in what i like working with the people around me.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitzgearld GaFebruary 15, 2017
Make sure safety comes first, provide quality product for our customers. be able to get alone with ya co workers,know how to relate to yourworkers.never say anything that will hurt no one's feeling.you see someone need help and if you caught up help them.you see anything need doing don,t wait on the next person go ahead and do it. Barely be a good helper b a team player.
Pros
30min
Cons
Shortbreak if we behind.if not take your 30 min and get back to work
Very well safty oriented while giving competetive pay and benefits.
Warper Creeler (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 14, 2017
I give a satisfaction. Review and I worked and trained on.various jobjs.I worked for Shaw over 2 and a half years.I worked on extrusion line for a year and a half using ecoworx compound.
Pros
Pay vacations good hours decent pay practicing safety knowledge team oriented
Cons
Layoff
Carpet fiber providers are unsung heroes.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 11, 2017
I liked working there until I got fired. The hours were long and the time on your feet was demanding. And so, going past to 20 word minimum...my experience ended badly, and I would rather not go on.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
A stressful environment at times.