Shaw Industries Employee Reviews in United States

A typical day at work
AIR ENTANGLING OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GANovember 4, 2015
Most days at Shaw was pleasant, but there were some where the product was running really bad. Overall my experience there was great.
Pros
Good Benefits and pays well
Cons
Working Shorthanded
Great 1st Job out of College
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2016
Good resume job. Your car gets dinked up with large wood flooring samples. Too much competition for prosperity. Excellent job to look for other jobs
Great environment, great staff and employees
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAFebruary 6, 2014
My typical day at work; work hard without many mistakes and stay focused on what the machines do. What I've learned from management is that no matter what the day brings to you, there will be some honest mistakes that can be easily corrected. My co-workers that I worked with are very helpful especially when I arrived to work one day with a sprained wrist and one, maybe two workers helped me finish one side of my machine and the good thing is that I didn't even have to ask them for any help. The most enjoyable part of the day is that the breaks that I have while the machine is spinning thread. My breaks are between 30-45 minutes long while both sides of the machine is spinning.
Pros
great benefits, great management and security
Cons
n/a
They pay good...and that's about all.
Fork Lift Operator/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando FLMay 13, 2015
Job work/ life balance...what's that?

Accept that into your head if you get a job here. You will literally work, and sleep, and sleep is if you're lucky because you will be working so much over time you will go home and come right back. They pay pretty well for night shift and that's the best part, the day shift management is nice but the lead at night is clueless and honestly has no control over anything or anyone working for him. And safety is also a huge issue, out of the few people that work the night shift most of them DO NOT speak english so communication for any reason is practically useless. Want to make a plan so you can unload all the trucks in a timely manner? Good luck because they can't understand as little as "Stop! Don't hit me with the fork lift!" If you think you will have a light night ahead of you, think again..all of the trucks will end up being late so you won't unload until hours into your shift while you push a broom around bored out of your mind. The compensation is literally the only reason anyone would stay here and they know that. Good luck if you work here, it's not enjoyable what so ever.
Pros
Compensation.
Cons
Short breaks, leads are clueless, employees are clueless, lack of safety, no organization or planning, Horrible training.
Good people with lack of management direction.
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 7, 2015
A normal day at work would consist of solving problems that could have been more easily solved as a team. I learned that working together gets things done faster. The management does not tell you enough information as fast or as directly as you need to know it. The hardest part of the job was repeatedly repairing the same equipment. The most enjoyable part was the relationships made with employees.
Pros
Flexible work schedules.
Cons
Management.
Machine Operator, Machine Mechanic, Machine Electrician
I. Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALJuly 18, 2015
A typical day at work varies on which machine I am working with

I have learned to havve better patience

Management was great making sure production stayed up

My co-workers were Team focussed

The hardest part of my job ws the swing shift

The most enjoyable part of my job was the 7 days off a month
Pros
Good paycheck
Cons
Swing Shift from Days to Nights and Nights to Days
Shaw Ind. is a very good company to work for.
Heatset Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Andalusia Al 36420July 27, 2015
I was a Heat Set Operator.
I learned how to manage my time.
The management was very professional,they tried hard to make work enjoyable.
Most of my co-workers were pleasant and helpful.
The hardest part of my job was bending and stretching
The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure my machine produced a premium quality product.
Pros
the company is fair and honest.
Cons
bending and stretching.
Not a fun place to work.
Specialist I # IT Operations Services (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 27, 2015
Responsible for scheduling, execution and monitoring of all jobs in the Shaw Environment as well as the centralize print from the mainframe. Responsibilities also include assisting with the completion of requests for install and removal of equipment, running cables, installation of software/patches/updates and the management of all priority tickets and escalated calls.

Responsibilities: Major Incidents (P0, P1) (P2, 3, 4, 5) - Management Paging, Dashboard Updates. Escalated from the Service Desk/Bell Tech. Reporting – Executive Summary, Patch Status Web Page, all reporting task. Administrative Functions – obtaining downtimes, entering change requests and other duties needed to support the group. Assist with shift workload – print, patches, VMware, Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, updates and installs. Job Scheduling – assist with job scheduling for the mainframe and distributed systems.
Pros
No luch
Cons
No breaks
terrible management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Valley Head, ALJune 23, 2015
no increase in salary, bad managers, no promotions, short breaks, constant lay offs. Low morale, company does provide benefits so that is a good thing
Pros
health insurance
Cons
short breaks low pay
poor poor company
Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 20, 2016
very bad company to work for will never work for them again. disliked everything about it except some of the coworkers. felt like a number to the company only.
over all it was good place to work
Billing Clerk/Label Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMay 3, 2015
traveling 45 minutes
working the customers
some of managements was good
some of co-workers were good to work with
not getting stressed out
working with the customers & travel to other plants to help the other employees
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough good workers working together
Productive and a fun place to work
Tufting Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 27, 2015
Management is nice, you have the opportunity to grow with the company, i learned how to supervise,and quality control. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to have 2 creeling teams racing to see which team would win.
Pros
Safety Dinners
Cons
N/A
Great people to work with
lift driver (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 21, 2015
Great place to work. Great support, and a ton of freebies. Great people to work with. That is all. Thanks.They keep telling me to tell more. I have said all i need to say. THANK YOU.
Pros
Great celebrations
Cons
Structured, team environment, fun workplace
Regional Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  131 Old Mill Rd Cartersville, GaMay 6, 2013
Shaw Industries is a great place of employment. It was the first place of employment where I was introduced to the team system. Learning to work as a team was the beginning of building a very strong foundation in my growth development. The people that I had the privilege of working with has forever made an impact on the person that I have become. I have been challenged, pushed, and stretched beyond limits that I never thought possible. I'm forever indebted to them for helping me dig deep and reach higher than the glass ceiling. I've held several positions at Shaw and all were challenging, but the thing that I had struggled with and over came was learning how to put your personal differences a side when working with different personalities and staying focus on the job at hand. If you are looking for structure, fun workplace, excellent benefits, this is the perfect place.
Pros
opportunity for advancements, structured
Cons
no sick days
hard job.
Center Line Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAAugust 27, 2015
I liked this job. it was hard for a lady. I was a cloth doffer .I was a hard job for a lady to be doing. hardly ever got to take a break. long hours.
Pros
not really any.
Cons
hardly got a break. 12 hr days.
I have a total of 20 years with this company, even though they are partially closing their doors, it's still a great company
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAAugust 14, 2015
My years here at Shaw have been overall good. I have a total of 20 years with this company. Great work environment and good people. Typical work day includes me doing reports on the the material and goods that come into the plant. As a receiving clerk, I deal with a variety of people on an everyday basis. I receive the material into the computer to generate a receipt for accounting purposes. Once that's done, I file paper work. My co-workers are great people. I've been knowing most of them a long time. I can't think of anything about my job that is hard at all. I like learning new things. The most enjoyable thing about my job is the people. I love people..
good place to work
machine operatior (Former Employee) –  columbia scMay 26, 2015
great place to work but long hours and swing shift is not ideal for 3 kids and life. great benefits and good pay. good training experiance
second home love it
Finishing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 31, 2012
come in one hour early get coater warmed up, air up compound tanks make sure everything ready to run at startup.get with all employees and do our daily safety meeting.help get everything running smooth go around to each job and see if ee's needed anything give them help if they needed it.let know that I that I there to help them if they want.Management was alright if there was a problem they would give you a helping hand ee's all came together and helped out each other and me too to keep things running smooth and safely watch out for each other like family,hardest part of the job when things broke down or went wrong that I didn't have any control over enjoyable part of the job we all got along and work hard up to the end to keep our plant from shuting down.
Very challenging
Electrician III (Former Employee) –  Stuart, VADecember 3, 2015
Always something to do. Kept me busy and learned more everyday. Great training/rewards program. Needed a different HR manager; very poor people skills and very little knowledge.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Not enough planning
Great people to work with and the work environment is safe and nice.
Occupational Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Dalton,GAMay 5, 2015
A typical day at my job is doing hearing test, vision screens, and sometimes help with translation with associates.
I have learned to communicate better with different level of the organization, orally and by writing.
My management team is great. I received a lot of support from them.
My co-workers are the best.
The hardest part of my job is get up from bed everyday at 4:00 a.m.
The most enjoyable part of my job is work with people.