Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries Employer Reviews

Great Company, Great Management
Specialist (Current Employee), GAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: secure company financially - possess no debt.
Cons: hourly wages are low for skill sets required.
Shaw Industries, one of Bershire Hathaway's companies is a great place to work. Many employees are life-long employees and the company seems to like to hire family members thus keeping Shaw in the community.

It is different than other corporations for which I have worked in that HR seems to be uninterested in aiding employees with any issues or problems. – more... That's is my opinion from my vantage point.

There is adequate training for positions however there have been some trainers who are simply bound to waste time instead of focusing on training.

I enjoy working for Shaw however not sure that the pay structure is such that it will enable me to stay unless there is advancement. I have seen several very qualified individuals unable to advance despite their excellent credentials - seems that management is unwilling to assist those who want to succeed. – less
Fast pace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJanuary 15, 2014
Excellent training. Great management team consistently met all goals.
A productive place to work with a great way to advance.
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee), Dalton,GAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunity
It was rewarding to work for such a big company. I started out at the bottom and worked my my up in the company. The management would help you with anything that you needed. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the job was there for you.
Wonderful place to work
Operator (Former Employee), Chatsworth, GAJanuary 8, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was making connections with people. Everyday you went in to do your job and be a team. When you make those connections with others it makes it easier to flow to work.
people good to work with
Air Entanglement Mechanic (Former Employee), Eton GaJanuary 8, 2014
I troubleshoot Machines ordered parts and repaired machines.
Always learning something about the machines.
Most of my coworkers was good to work with.
Hardest part of my job was not able to get parts for machines on time.
Loved working here
Sr. Administrative Services Representative (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAJanuary 1, 2014
This was a fast paced working environment. It was here that I learned how to use the AS400 data entry system. I was able to become a certified trainer to new employees into our department, an accomplishment that I took great pride in.
Productive work environment
Floor Leader of Samples Dept (Former Employee), Enoree, SCDecember 29, 2013
Pros: constant work
Cons: saw dust makes it hard to breath at times.
Shaw Industries is an elite company with many challenges to keep employees on their toes while having management that is knowledgable and helpful.
Great place to work!
Quality Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Cartersville, GADecember 24, 2013
This is a great company to work for, especially if you are seeking a place to build a career.
Friendly Environment and time off.
TECHNICIAN/OPERATOR (Former Employee), Valley Head, ALDecember 23, 2013
Pros: the schedule and time off was great.
Cons: long night hours
Shaw was a 12 on 12 off job long hours at night,people you worked with was from surrounding communities made for a great environment. Hardest part of job was long night hour work was hourly but was required to get so much material finished. This job was a great learning experience and when a first realized my desire to climb the ladder and my leadership – more... skills. – less
Warehouse
WINDING OPERATOR (Former Employee), Fitzgerald, GADecember 22, 2013
Pros: pay rate
Cons: long shift
I love the pay and the hours. I enjoy working with different types of people. The money was great...back then
Patcraft Customer Specialist (Current Employee), Dalton, GADecember 18, 2013
Good people who are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is managing all the information you encounter throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
I enjoy helping associates with any issue that may arise.
HR Representative (Current Employee), Ringgold, GADecember 15, 2013
I enjoy helping associates with any issue that may arise. I have learned to be patient and assist my co-workers with their assignments.
Used to be a good place to work
Inspector (Former Employee), Dalton, GADecember 12, 2013
I worked here years ago, right as there was a change over in management. That is when management stopped being concerned with the employee.
Good executive leadership, friendly workplace and great job culture.
Enterprise Excellence Engineer III (Current Employee), Dalton, GADecember 8, 2013
Pros: holiday plant meals, employee recognition meals/awards & birthday celebrations.
Cons: benefits could be better.
In this company, I've had the benefit of working in a wide variety of jobs and projects. This allowed me to work in different areas of interest, which helped me become more well-rounded and valuable for the company. Working in different projects or areas has brought new challenges, but at the same time opportunities for personal growth. As a result – more... I've learned and developed many effective leadership and people skills. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job has been to lead teams of people to achieve a project or company goal. – less
Great experience with Fortune 500 company
Sales Manager and Project Manager (Former Employee), Newport News, VADecember 7, 2013
Great company and associates. Learned many aspects of sales and project management.
the hardest part of the job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Thomson, GADecember 4, 2013
Pros: on time
Cons: strict
was jumping on the machine when it breaks out, to get it back started.
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Specialist (Former Employee), Dalton, GANovember 13, 2013
Pros: building repor with cutomers
I have worked in customer service for the past 20yrs. I enjoy customer service and building repor with customers and handling their needs,
dressed according to weather
WINDING OPERATOR (Former Employee), Fitzgerald, GANovember 11, 2013
Pros: free tshirts
Cons: economy
I loved the pay. the job was impossible at first but once i caught on. I was excited to keep all my spindles running. I hate it slowed down; some were laid off.
good pay
Creeler (Former Employee), Cartersville, GANovember 6, 2013
Very good place to work. Unfortunately you have to start out on 2nd or 3rd shift and not have a chance to go to 1st for several years.
range operator
range operator (Former Employee), Dalton, GANovember 6, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: some weeks would be short due to lack of work
long hours, co-workers very friendly, then some weeks we would only work 3 days a week

About Shaw Industries

Shaw Industries, Inc. designs and manufactures approximately 1,800 styles of tufted and woven carpet for residential and commercial – Read more