Shaw Industries Employee Reviews in United States

Having a producive day
Hyster driver,creeling and yarn packing. (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 12, 2012
I did several different jobs with Shaw. A typical day at work with Shaw,you have the opportunity to learn .

I enjoyed all my co workers and mangement. Started out with a great supervisor.
The hardest part of my job was when I changed over to Tufting,and I did not have enough speed to do this job. I could not get the hang of a creeler opeartor.
This eventually caused me my job.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the hyster driving, in the Beck Dept. and the Tufting Dept.
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Cons
problems dealing with creeling in the tufting job.
Think Carefully
LTO Spotter / Loader/ Unloader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 8, 2012
While the compensation and benefits are fantastic. The stress is not worth it. Late spring through mid-fall you will work like a dog and get tons of overtime. However, the rest of the year good luck if you get more than 20-25 hours a week.
Management has serious issues. RDC manager I was under demands respect, does not earn it. Also manager believes threating people is the only way to get people to do their jobs. Think carefully about what you desire before working here.
hard job.
Center Line Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAAugust 27, 2015
I liked this job. it was hard for a lady. I was a cloth doffer .I was a hard job for a lady to be doing. hardly ever got to take a break. long hours.
Pros
not really any.
Cons
hardly got a break. 12 hr days.
I have a total of 20 years with this company, even though they are partially closing their doors, it's still a great company
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAAugust 14, 2015
My years here at Shaw have been overall good. I have a total of 20 years with this company. Great work environment and good people. Typical work day includes me doing reports on the the material and goods that come into the plant. As a receiving clerk, I deal with a variety of people on an everyday basis. I receive the material into the computer to generate a receipt for accounting purposes. Once that's done, I file paper work. My co-workers are great people. I've been knowing most of them a long time. I can't think of anything about my job that is hard at all. I like learning new things. The most enjoyable thing about my job is the people. I love people..
Good people with lack of management direction.
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 7, 2015
A normal day at work would consist of solving problems that could have been more easily solved as a team. I learned that working together gets things done faster. The management does not tell you enough information as fast or as directly as you need to know it. The hardest part of the job was repeatedly repairing the same equipment. The most enjoyable part was the relationships made with employees.
Pros
Flexible work schedules.
Cons
Management.
Very challenging
Electrician III (Former Employee) –  Stuart, VADecember 3, 2015
Always something to do. Kept me busy and learned more everyday. Great training/rewards program. Needed a different HR manager; very poor people skills and very little knowledge.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Not enough planning
Fast paced,good job.
Dyeline operator (Former Employee) –  LaFayette, GAFebruary 5, 2013
A typical day consista of creeling and doffing.If it was a good day,your job ran good nd you could help everyone else. I have learned a lot while working on this job,I was there 181/2 years.I have learned to work together as part of a team. I loved my co-workers,a lot of them seem like family to me. The hardest part of the job was when it ran bad and I fought it for 12 hours. I like working 2 days then being off 2 days.
Pros
i made decent money, good benefits
Cons
hardly ever got break
Good pay, poor environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GaAugust 17, 2014
The pay and benefits are great. I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience working here. However, management is poor which has a trickle down effect on co-workers. Hardest part is doing everyone else's work, most enjoyable part is staying busy.
Pros
compensation, benefits
Cons
work load, stressful environment
Good Job, No opportunity to grow
Heatset Operator (Current Employee) –  Andalusia, ALNovember 22, 2014
its a good job with good benefits. i just want to better myself and want more opportunity. A lot of favortism is shown. If you are in good with certain people just like anything else in life this is the company for you.
Pros
7 days off
Cons
swing shift
Great people to work with
lift driver (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 21, 2015
Great place to work. Great support, and a ton of freebies. Great people to work with. That is all. Thanks.They keep telling me to tell more. I have said all i need to say. THANK YOU.
Pros
Great celebrations
Fast paced and stressful
Twister Operator (Current Employee) –  Andalusia, ALOctober 10, 2015
The hardest part had to be the hours. Work sometimes ran into 18-20 hour shifts leaving little time for family and friends. Working in the Marine Corps taught me the meaning of hard work and discipline. There was always new people ready to learn and work. That had to be the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Continual training, new people, always changing
Cons
the hours.
Working with others associates
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walker County, GADecember 1, 2015
If you did not come up working in the Shaw Family then you were considered an outsider. This is why I was forced out of this company.
Great welcoming environment
Deployment Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 28, 2012
Shaw was an amazing place to work. Great environment. Shaw's the kind of place you feel like you are with family and you feel equal to and welcome to talk with any level of management. They never expect you to work without compensation, in fact, they balk at the concept and insist it be recorded if you put in overtime.
Great people, steady workflow
Level I Associate (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 5, 2015
I loved working for Shaw but I worked 2nd shift and I wasn't able to see my family. A LOT OF OVERTIME. It was easy to advance your skills but if you wanted to change departments then you had to start all over again.
Not a fun place to work.
Specialist I # IT Operations Services (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 27, 2015
Responsible for scheduling, execution and monitoring of all jobs in the Shaw Environment as well as the centralize print from the mainframe. Responsibilities also include assisting with the completion of requests for install and removal of equipment, running cables, installation of software/patches/updates and the management of all priority tickets and escalated calls.

Responsibilities: Major Incidents (P0, P1) (P2, 3, 4, 5) - Management Paging, Dashboard Updates. Escalated from the Service Desk/Bell Tech. Reporting – Executive Summary, Patch Status Web Page, all reporting task. Administrative Functions – obtaining downtimes, entering change requests and other duties needed to support the group. Assist with shift workload – print, patches, VMware, Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, updates and installs. Job Scheduling – assist with job scheduling for the mainframe and distributed systems.
Pros
No luch
Cons
No breaks
great company! They care about their employee's
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 5, 2012
I worked for Shaw for over 10 years and it was a great company to work for. Compared to similar companies that don't care about their employees, those companies only care about production. Shaw is always thinking about what they can do better for the company and the employees. Shaw cares about the employees and that makes a difference
Pros
prideday, benefits
Cons
12 hr shifts, closing plants
Hard work but good people to work with.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAJuly 13, 2012
This Job is 12 hour rotating shifts.

The hardest part of the job is being on my feet for 12 hours. We have no scheduled breaks so if it is running bad, you don't get any breaks.

I like most of the management and other employees and feel that it is almost a home away from home.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
non-exsistant breaks.
Shaw Ind. is a very good company to work for.
Heatset Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Andalusia Al 36420July 27, 2015
I was a Heat Set Operator.
I learned how to manage my time.
The management was very professional,they tried hard to make work enjoyable.
Most of my co-workers were pleasant and helpful.
The hardest part of my job was bending and stretching
The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure my machine produced a premium quality product.
Pros
the company is fair and honest.
Cons
bending and stretching.
Machine Operator, Machine Mechanic, Machine Electrician
I. Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALJuly 18, 2015
A typical day at work varies on which machine I am working with

I have learned to havve better patience

Management was great making sure production stayed up

My co-workers were Team focussed

The hardest part of my job ws the swing shift

The most enjoyable part of my job was the 7 days off a month
Pros
Good paycheck
Cons
Swing Shift from Days to Nights and Nights to Days
Great place to work and good benefits.
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GaApril 11, 2013
I liked working here and the management was great. The time was managable and the benefits where great. I also loved that safty was one of the main concerns. This employer really cares for their employees.
Pros
good pay, great benefits, good management.
Cons
repetative work.