Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Fast pace and okay place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAFebruary 16, 2017
It's fast pace because you are always doing something. It's a okay place because their isn't much room for advancement. The pay is okay it could be better.
Pros
Free lunches, long breaks
Cons
The people is ver messy and no room for advancement
I like working at shaw,because we worked as a team .i also enjoyed the job i did i took proud in what i like working with the people around me.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitzgearld GaFebruary 15, 2017
Make sure safety comes first, provide quality product for our customers. be able to get alone with ya co workers,know how to relate to yourworkers.never say anything that will hurt no one's feeling.you see someone need help and if you caught up help them.you see anything need doing don,t wait on the next person go ahead and do it. Barely be a good helper b a team player.
Pros
30min
Cons
Shortbreak if we behind.if not take your 30 min and get back to work
Very well safty oriented while giving competetive pay and benefits.
Warper Creeler (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 14, 2017
I give a satisfaction. Review and I worked and trained on.various jobjs.I worked for Shaw over 2 and a half years.I worked on extrusion line for a year and a half using ecoworx compound.
Pros
Pay vacations good hours decent pay practicing safety knowledge team oriented
Cons
Layoff
Carpet fiber providers are unsung heroes.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 11, 2017
I liked working there until I got fired. The hours were long and the time on your feet was demanding. And so, going past to 20 word minimum...my experience ended badly, and I would rather not go on.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
A stressful environment at times.
Best Job I Ever Had!
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INFebruary 9, 2017
Amazing place to work with great people and a great leadership team.
Great place to balance life and work. A lot of freedom and trust from management.
Great Place to Work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAFebruary 5, 2017
Shaw industries is a great company to work for. The employees make each other feel like family. The work life balance the company offers is better than any company I have worked for.
good pay
Loom Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GAFebruary 5, 2017
working a warp, meeting deadlines, taking out the trash, doffing yarn, stringing up yarn, tying knots, good management, good company to work for, good benefits.
Pros
hour brakes
Cons
good benifits
good starter job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GAFebruary 3, 2017
good starter job if your fresh out of school but if you got kids this is not the job for you the shifts are 12hrs. you will meet all different cultures of people diversity is big at shaw.
Pros
getting payed weekley
Cons
12hr shifts
Fun workplace
Forklift Operator, packer (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAFebruary 2, 2017
It was a great place to work, supervisors were awesome employees were great well some were hr was not so nice. Learned a lot hardest part of the job was building pallets
great workplace
Cabler Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 2, 2017
it's a great place to work from the moment we start working till we leave we work together as one team. the company and employees always put safety first.

Want to know more about Shaw Industries?

Ask a question
It's a Wonderful atmosphere the people are nice and that's a great company to work for.
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJanuary 29, 2017
Typical a day where you come in just do your stretches you get your paperwork. I learn about this job yarn is pretty much using everything that we use today. The most enjoyable part about working at this place that you every two hours you get a break.
shaw industries
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 28, 2017
earned forklift operator certificate,i am a latex machine operator.i learned working at this company is the most enjoyable part of the job a great place to work
Team Manager Warping, 1st Shift (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Good employees. Has a team environment. It was great when the plant was smaller but it has out grown it. I would stay and retire there but the grandchildren are to far away. Grandma says we move.
Great Work Place
on-floor (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Shaw is a great place to work. Great benefits and everything. Them employers there are great! Its a Work friendly environment
Pros
great benefits, great work place
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace but poor job/life balance
Hard Surface Expeditor/Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2017
A typical work day at Shaw consisted of unloading trucks, loading trucks, answering phone calls, paperwork for route drivers, inventory on a weekly basis and maintaining a clean warehouse. I learned many things while working here because it was my first full time job. The amount of responsibilities I had, quickly formed me into an adult. The hardest part of the job was the schedule. It was a Sunday thru Thursday 12PM-8:30pm schedule. The only problem was that I never managed to get off on time or within an hour of my scheduled time because the lack of help. With a young baby at home it was very hard to enjoy it while working 12 hours due to stacking too many responsibilities on one employee. I did learn many good things at this job. My computer skills increased drastically within the first year due to all the reports and emails I handled. My knowledge of Excel has also icereased drastically. ALl my co workers were very friendly and easy to get along with. The company took good care of its employees by occasionally buying lunch or hosting events such as: family day at the zoo, basketball at the park and dinners at nice restuarants. The only problem I had was the employee number to work amount ratio. I love to take on as much as I can and prove that I am going to be a liable part of the team but I also am not looking to be consumed by my job and not have any time with the family.
Pros
Great People, great pay and benifits
Cons
Long days and weekend work
Great Job
Machine shop secretary (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 13, 2017
Loved this job and management i just wasnt able to keep up with night shift anymore so i transfered to days and took lesser pay other than that was a great place
Pros
Great money
Cons
Night shift
Management at 47 is awful!!
LTO/UTILITY Backup wrapper (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAJanuary 11, 2017
The people at 47 are awful. The supervisors and management have their favorites. Most of the people that work there have been there for years and bully new people.
Pros
Great pay for an easy job
Cons
The people are bullies
overall good plant job
Tile Cutter (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 10, 2017
the hours could be a bit much working seven days a week mandatory if your supervisor wanted you to. the pay was good because most of the time you just watch and maintain a machine that does the job. the drama with coworkers was too much at times, which was a lack of good management. but benefits were ok but got bad after the healthcare reform came into effect.
Pros
money per hour
Cons
management
Good company to work for have 14 days out month to work
Extrusion Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 10, 2017
Good place to work, very helpful and nice coworkers and work is easy to learn have 7 days off and a lot if time to spend with family and very good benefits.
very fun fast paced challenging work place
suzann operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, GAJanuary 10, 2017
a typical day at work always started off hectic but fun and challenging everyday was different from the day before which kept it intresting. a lot of the people i worked with were people that i went to school with and that made everyday even more enjoyable.
the hardest part of the job for me was getting up enough speed to do every requirement on my own and not get behind or require any help the ultimate challenge for me.
the most enjoyable part of my job was when I fully learned everything about my job and my supervisor was always bragging on me to the other shift supervisors which in turn got me extra hours everyday that i was already schedualed to work and done all of that within 3 weeks time.
Pros
the pay was great and the hours were also the best job i have ever had