Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Great company, great people and great culture
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 8, 2015
Very good company and have been very good to the employees. Great opportunities and great training. Company does a great job of focusing on what's important to the customer and the employees
Good place to work but needed improvements.
Assistant Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALFebruary 27, 2015
Great place to work, but needed new leadership. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The hardest part of the job was being in that run down, smelly facility.
Pros
best employer in the area
Cons
did not like the area or the culture.
i had found the employees and lower management to be friendly and made it an enjoyable place to work
b shift Electrcian (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCFebruary 23, 2015
i saw many improvements in the time i worked there and there are some really good people working the safety culture is on the surface a good idea but many health concerns had not been addressed at my last employment
A typical day at work
HR Trainer (Current Employee) –  Franklin, NCFebruary 13, 2015
My day begins very early where I start the coffee for anyone that wants it. I check emails and answer them as needed. Usually there's some unexpected training that is needed so I plan for it or some that's required. If not then I begin the daily tracking of training, people, jobs, etc. Usually there's a meeting to attend somewhere. I work out of 2 plants so on some days I travel to Bryson City.
Pros
have met some really great people. located in a beautiful area
Cons
not being near my grandchildren since i had to come up here to work and couldn't stay home.
produttive place to work and allways treat people with respect
creeler,trainer,mender machine ope,lead person (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 13, 2015
love to go to work everyday cus people treat u w respect and show u how to grow as a employe and learn diferent stuff.the supervisors always was there to help u w any problem the u have enerybody was like a big family..
Pros
always have good employes gift and apreciation
Cons
good brakes
Productive and good enviroment
operator (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Typical day consist of removing shingles replacing any damaged areas on roof. Team work to accomplish finished product
Shaw Industries
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GeorgiaFebruary 7, 2015
Great place to work, Good benefits and compensation. I love the fact that management actually cares about you and your job. I would recommend anyone to work for this company.
Pros
lunch breaks, lots of activities, plenty of vacation and time off offered.
Cons
lots of rules
just a decent place to work
operator (Former Employee) –  marylandFebruary 6, 2015
worked there for four years.Good environment but bad management.Poor people and communication skills by management.They are more concerned with the work than the overall welfare of the workers.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management, poor communication skills, selfish
very hard work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 6, 2015
shaw is a textile plant .The environment is loud and dirty . not a lot to say largest carpet co. in georgia. Was a machine operator. Pay and bennifits were good . Plant in fitz. closed
Pros
good bennifits
Cons
hard work
Love doing the Work and interacting with co workers , dislike the constant change in the department's
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Adairsville, GAFebruary 3, 2015
we all try to be there 10 minutes early for a before shift meeting then i go to my assigned forklift and do my check sheet to make sure it is operational order then start scanning product to put where it is assigned to go. the hardest part of my job is having to fix a truck that someone missed something because that means you have to unload and reload a whole truck.. the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with coworkers and loading and unloading trucks and getting live loads out on time.... greeting customers to get them out quick as possible
Pros
short break every two hours, christmas gift card, bonus check
Cons
no paid vacation, no sick days, no sick pay, promotions based on seniority only . not by performance
Great benefits, satisfactory pay and room to advancement...
Creeler/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 29, 2015
On a typical shift, we'd start off by completing a few exercises just as a warm up to condition us for the night ahead. We were briefed on how the previous shift did and then given instructions on what part we needed to play to have a successful shift. My co-workers were very helpful and we pretty much understood the concept of team work. I had no complaints about my job and I truly enjoyed the experience.
Good working conditions
LTO - Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCJanuary 27, 2015
Excellent working conditions
I learned how to operate forklift
Great place to work while going to college.
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 21, 2015
8-12 hours days, 6-7 days a week, unpaid vacation,
Very hot in the summer (heat exhaustion, passing out common)
Very cold in the winter
Production rules the day
Safety: preached, not practiced
Extremely limited advancement
Job Hazards: cuts lacerations, bruises, dismemberment, accidental death
Adherence: Point system, consistent attendance not rewarded, high turnover rate
Pros
berkshire hathaway subsidiary, great hours for hourly employees
Cons
family time is fleeting, unsustainable schedule, not ideal for family development
Care about there people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Thomson, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Great place to provide for your family. You can move up within the company. Has been around a long time.
Pros
steady income
shaw
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJanuary 13, 2015
i worked at shaw for 2 years. when i was there i learned a lot there to and safety.it was a hard job to do, but i got use to the job. i made good money why i was there. the people i worked around was very good.the mangement they was nice.some jobs was hard,but i learn the job quick.if i need help i would ask.
Shaw only wants the work done, but doesnt applaud its employees for their hard work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Working on a team of four people theres always going to be someone who doesnt want to pull their weight. When this problem is addressed to supervisors that employee may be counseled or not. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. (12) The best part of the job was the paycheck and clocking out.
Cons
short breaks and poor leadership.
Same as previous Shaw review
Contract Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Loved the job, I think I would have continued to thrive, if management would have taken helped when I advised them I was overwhelmed.
Pros
loved the people, and customers
Cons
i do not believe they understood, what open door policy was.
hmmm
Dye Weigher I (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJanuary 5, 2015
This place needs more confidential managers and people with an education in charge.
Pros
the pay was good
Cons
the work was not steady in the end
A very productive place to work.
Clean up crew (Current Employee) –  South Pittsburg, TNDecember 31, 2014
Working at Shaw Industries is a very good experience. I worked in a very communicative environment, where everyone worked together to produce great quality flooring products. Everyone, including the Employers, are very respectful,uplifting, and friendly to all other fellow employers and employees.

There were no jobs that I witnessed or worked at, was too strenuous or made hard for the employees, all jobs were explained and taught at a very good pace and thoroughly for all workers to be very safe and productive.
Good paying job with good people.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PADecember 31, 2014
This is a nice place to work if you can run CNC. The management is understanding and the other workers are helpful. The hardest part of this job was the set up, and the most enjoyable was doing what I love.
Pros
good pay and good people.
Cons
no overtime while on training.