Shaw Media

Shaw Media Employer Reviews

Great working environment surrounded by great people
Facilities Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere, employee lounge, benefits, holidays
Cons: not empowered
Working at Shaw you get the sense of a family oriented company. From the office furniture to the lounge to the morning show room.

A typical day at Shaw Media in Facilities Operations is primarily communication, we deal with sensitive issues surround our employees for their office space, meeting rooms, and everything from security to parking.

We also – more... manage projects that are always on the top of our list for ongoing reviews. Office moves accompanied by floor plans are a daily occurrence in our evolving work load. We always try to make everyone happy however that is not always the case.

The best part of my job is always moving around and meeting new people in our business. Checking up on projects to make sure they meet our deadlines and seeing the completion of a project is very satisfying.

The hardest part of the job would be declining requests for offices and spaces that are either not aligned with our future goal or does not meet our standards.

Overall Shaw is a great company to work for and I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a new path. – less
Productive and Fun!
NATIONAL ACCOUNT COORDINATOR, SALES (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
Shaw was a great place to work, I learned a lot about the advertising world here, met some amazing people, the management was incredible and I couldn't have asked for a better location to start my career.
Shaw
Administration (Former Employee), TorontoApril 14, 2014
Good place to work, great team to work with. Challenging role and each day was different.
Loved my job!
Lead Coordinator, Facilities & Administration (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: not enough hours in the day
Everyday was a new day. Not one day was the same. There was always something new to learn. Enjoyed working for Senior Management and all staff. If I could my 12 years of service all over again, I would in a heartbeat...and I wouldn't change a thing!
Workplace
Broadcast Applications Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2013
Awesome place to work, easy to get alone and get the job done.
Took Over our Company and was laid off
BROADCAST WRITER AND PROMO PRODUCER (Former Employee), Toronto ONMay 24, 2013
Pros: satellite tv staff discount
Cons: benefits
Appears as a bottom up corporate philosophy type company but seems more top down. Only first impressions since I was there only for a small time. I had a 10 year tenure in previous company so was sad to be let go in the manner in which they did it.
Working at Shaw Media
Front End Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2013
A great place to engage and work with many talented people.
The days are often spent in close working areas with tons of collaboration and discussion.

Projects are fresh and current industry standards or trends allow for an ever evolving work place.

The end results have become a labor of love.
Great place to work with a fun atmosphere.
Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2012
Shaw Media offers a competitive compensation package as well as good mentorship programs.