Shea Homes Employee Reviews

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 13, 2016
Shea Homes strives to be the best home builder in the country. Shea Homes has great leadership and a great work culture. They do not take short cuts and have quality review processes that separate them from the average builder.
Pros
Great people to work with/ compensation
Cons
long hours sometimes
Wonderful Experience
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work here. The culture is amazing, and everyone is so kind. It really is a family environment where you feel respected and appreciated.
Employee friendly company with a great reputation and product
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2016
Shea Homes is an employee friendly company allowing advancement opportunities and a great work / life balance while expecting exceptional results.

Providing excellent results for Shea is easy when appreciation of staff is demonstrated.
I love the clients
shea home maintnance (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAOctober 9, 2016
I love the clients but there staff are mostly to rude so
you kind of have to hold back but the clients I get along with very easy and can relate to them as well.
Pros
layed back
Cons
short breaks
Shea is great
Front Desk Administrator - Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 24, 2016
I love Shea Homes, and wish there were a position more suited to my skill-set. The culture and offices are very nice. I've been here for one year, and am personally looking for a more rewarding path than Front Desk. Shea does invest in their employees, and have a lot of pride in themselves and their product. It is a quality company.
Pros
culture, free lunches, great office
Cons
no room for advancement, not challenging enough for me
Home Sales Shea Homes
Home Sales Metro Denver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day at Shea Homes could be meeting and greeting people as well as tours. Although in support of the sales, (when time permits) the traffic data is input and maintained and this process is done via a software program that keeps data on potential clients from visits to down payment to selection of options/upgrades through and including the closing.
What I learned while with Shea is the complexity of contracts and the critical quality of data.
During my time at Shea I for fortunate to work for and with truly excellent people. Shea management has very good people skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and for people. It is truly fun when an employee feels like they have made a difference in helping someone make a major purchase.
The most difficult part is holding back and only asking questions about the potential client that brings them to a comfort level.
Pros
Loved the job for the ability to manage ones self. While learning the company needs.
Cons
I truly didn't have any.
Great Family Owned Company
Regional Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 11, 2013
Worked for Shea twice. Enjoyed the family environment.

Due to the market downturn, people are putting in long hours which is typical in this business.

Overall company values and home construction practices are very good.
Pros
Team environment, great benefits
Cons
Long hours, tense at times
Not a good company to for!
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  FLNovember 26, 2015
Work like a slave with no appreciation, you will do the work of 2 or 3 people, and even if you complete it successfully, it goes unnoticed, and they will still complain, and want more. Would never recommend for anyone to be employed by this company, most unorganized home builder ever. There is no room for growth or personal development, expect to go no where in this company!
Pros
5 o'clock will finally come
Cons
Micro-management like your in Kindergarten
Receptionist/Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2015
Greet and direct visitors in person and telephone
Respond to inquiries from vendors and consumers.
Reconcile invoices for payment and vouchers, sort and distribute
mail.
Pros
Management was co-worker were great to work with.
Cons
Not enough holidays
Shea as a whole is a good company.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 6, 2013
The Shea family has wonderful core values set in place. The education they offer to their employees is above and beyond normal standards. The Shea Properties portion of the company needs some work in the upper management area. The on-site Community Managers have so much unnecessary tasks put upon them there is no way they could succesfully finish the workload and still be expected to engage with the outside of the property and or with the residents which is an essential part of property management. There is a huge lack of support in upper management and they are given too much power. I have been in the business for many years and I understand the basic functions for success.

I loved my co-workers and we worked well together as a team and always got the job done. No matter how many free hours we had to put in we made it fun!
Great company to work for. Took care of their employees, team builder events and great bonus program.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 11, 2013
Provided all aspects of new home sales
• Facilitated community start-up and market analysis
• Handle multiple activities that include due diligence, neighborhood inspections, and assistance in securing financing, cash flow modeling, return projections, and property valuation
• Contract Administration from start to finish
I learned about the New Home industry and how to build a home!
Great management, Top ranked and very professional.
The hardest part of the job was telling someone their loan was denied or due to their recent credit their rate has changed!
I loved working everyday at Shea Homes!
Pros
Great pay and bonus program
Cons
working weekends
Run Fast! Worst Company Ever!
All (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 6, 2015
Deserves zero stars. Weak leadership with no communication. Seniors who live here and pay big money for their homes are driving these people crazy. You will think your life is saved because of no commute, but be ready to be ridiculed, insulted and talked about behind your back. You will beg for your commute back! Leaders provide no motivation or direction. No "please" or "thank you's" here. Forget about any kind of recognition. Apply here and your dreams will be crushed, and your self esteem stolen. BEWARE of this place, stick with the commute. To all of you seniors out there who deserve better, just remember that miserable employees make miserable members.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Terrible Leadership
Excellent Comapny
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2014
Great advancement opportunities as well as work life balance.

The company culture allows employees to excel, those who have a desire to do so will do will with this company.
Non productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 7, 2015
As a Black Woman there were days that were very demeaning for me. I had a boss who found it necessary for what ever reason to tell me he wasn't prejudice now we were weren't discussing race. And he constantly put me down. I never got a amen or atta boy! from him the entire time I was there. So I don't feel like Shea Homes was in it for me or for me as an individual, I was a work horse and that was it. Do what I tell you type of thing. You know like Master v Slave thing? Anyway that was the feeling I got.
Pros
the only pro was I got payed to work there
Cons
Never any accolades never any high 5's I just went to work and came home
Productive major key player in my team
Sr. Administrative / Resident Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAFebruary 17, 2015
I am a key player in my current company. I am cross trained to fill in every position in my company from manager to maintenance. I am great to get alone with and everyone knows they can count on me every day to get the job done. The hardest part of our days are extremely high stress and we as a team works until we get the job done. The most enjoyable part of my job is we get to laugh uncontrollably often and we work like a family
Pros
We work very well at a team
Cons
The company is very high stress
Cares only for themselves
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 26, 2015
This company will hire and fire employees so that hire up will not have to take the fall. They only deal with a select of employees and if you do not make the cut, your out of there. The management team is unfair and very unfriendly. Horrible Horrible place to work...
Dont waste your time.
Grounds (Former Employee) –  Tuckaseegee NCMay 26, 2015
I can only speak for NC but there you are just a body that is expected to do the work of two people. If you are seasonal they will promise you a date that you will be employed through and then call everyone together on a Friday a month and a half early and tell you it's your last day. Wouldn't go back if they offered me twice the pay.
Property Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 14, 2013
I worked for Shea Properties in a temporary capacity for three months.. Enjoyed working with everyone in my department. Learned about commercial property management. My immediate supervisor was terrific.
Pros
People
Cons
Temporary position
Fun Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 11, 2014
My boss was the VP of Development for the multi-family housing division of Shea Homes, Shea Properties. We managed the construction of our developments and traveled down to So Cal to see progress in person. My boss was a great trainer and made the job fun. Shortly after I started he was transferred to another company and eventually brought me with him.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
none that I knew of in my short time there
This Company Oustanding core values
New Home Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  2010 Corona Pointe, Corona CAOctober 7, 2011
Great training and advancement program, Company holds high standard when building homes for the american people, There mission statement says it al.
Pros
excellent oustanding love thier employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shea Homes. Our community is ready to answer.