Shea Homes Employee Reviews

No training program and no support from management
Community Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 3, 2017
This company has excellent benefits and compensation. They pay fairly. However, surprisingly, the training program is practically nothing at all. There is no program at all designed for new hires. Every now and then they will show you something, but 95% is up to you to follow along and listen in on what is going on. There is no support from management.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
No breaks
Quality Company
Sales Representative - New Home Sales (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 22, 2017
I was proud to work for Shea Homes. They build a quality product and provide exceptional customer service. The VP of sales and marketing is by far the best person I've ever worked for. Very professional, great personality, extremely knowledgeable, and a wonderful mentor.
Pros
Fantastic VP of Sales & Marketing
Cons
Less than competitive pay
shea
New home sales agent (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 10, 2017
good builder But constant change on the management side.
worked in the Active adult side and when they decide on a strategy or plan they change two weeks later after you put two weeks of effort into old plan.
They only help themselves and not the company
Pros
employees
Cons
Managers
great company
Community Associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAOctober 28, 2017
Loved working there. We built several communities in a previously open area above Simi Valley. I loved working with Shea. However our community was completed & due to housing market at the time, I was picked up by William Lyon Homes
Great balance of work / home life
TENANT SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 25, 2017
It's great knowing that at the end of the day I can easily switch from work mode to family mode and not have work interrupt my family time. The upper management team are all very knowledgeable and experienced in the retail development industry.
Not sure of Shea Homes now
Community Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 16, 2017
At the time I worked at Shea Homes I really enjoyed working there and my co-workers. I naively thought I would work there until I retired many years later. Unfortunately the housing market changed and lay offs occurred.
Great relax place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CA 94550October 9, 2017
Great place to work but if economy goes down builders are the first to lay off... HR is a very fair and kind person. Good size company based out of livermore
Great company to work for
ASSISTANT COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2017
Great training, mentors, and a good work culture. Would definitely recommend. Shea hires great employees, which creates a good culture among coworkers. Benefits include a full array of health insurance, plus 401K benefits.
Sr. Administrative Assistant, Resident Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 3, 2017
Shea is a great company to work for. They pride themselves in maintaining beautiful properties that anyone would be proud to call home. A typical day at work is very stressful but having a great team in any location is what makes the job manageable.
Miss working for them too...
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 22, 2017
It was my first company to learn the real estate management industry. Thought that the resources they provided were applicable throughout my career. I also worked with a great group of people, who I know now are core leaders in other leading companies in the industry.
Pros
Great resources
Cons
Very limited positions
Very competitve
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 8, 2017
You work hard but they play hard also. They always have training classes like the 7 habits to help you grow at work and for your personal life as well.
Pros
Always have fun activities
Cons
Can't leave until the job is done
Outdoors, Manual Labor
Landscaping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 17, 2017
If you like working outside doing manual labor for 40 hours a week, then this job is perfect for you. The management does not pay much attention to its employees, but if you keep your nose down and stick to the work, you will be fine.
Facility Monitor Ocala-Trilogy
Facilitie monitor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 17, 2017
I worked here for one full shift, and that was enough! Facilities manager has daily checklist that will have you running around like a chicken with your head cut off! From scrubbing bird feces at 4 p.m. to cleaning 50 toilets!! Manager will write you up for the smallest things, like paper towels being more than 1 inch from full! Seriously? Only if your desperate!
Pros
View
Cons
Understaffed, over tasked, no break, communication, poor management
Working Environ
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2017
The working environment was amazing. I loved the team work we had built. It far surpassed any other company. I loved working directly with the Vice President.
Great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCMay 7, 2017
Its a fast paced environment managed by individuals with little regard for adequate time frames or personal time. Great company to work for just not realistic on completion times.
Great working enviroment
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAMay 1, 2017
I highly recommed this company if you are just starting out in affordable management. Great training and support. This is one of the best companies to ever do affordable housing!
family owned, excellent environment
Social Worker II (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAApril 28, 2017
Loved working for shea. They sold to Ensign, wasn't happy with their character.i left the company and started working for Plum. Mamy other shea employees left and I work with them now.
office space secluded, separated from rest of people. Managers convinced they can do your job better than you.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Indio, CA 92201April 11, 2017
Maintaining current pricing and production info. Understanding that there are certain Vendors you cannot change, even if you find a less expensive alternative. My manager was in Irvine, but I was also given direction by the General Manager. Getting someone to make the decision of which item would be used, or which Option would be used was tedious and there was a lack of help or urgency from the Management. But they gave us deadlines to have things done, but they simply wouldn't take time to made the decision. Most enjoyable was they left you alone after making the decisions until day that they set for completion.
Pros
On going business that has many facets and areas of work
Cons
Management doesn't have enough time to help you take care of concerns.
Wonderful Experience
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work here. The culture is amazing, and everyone is so kind. It really is a family environment where you feel respected and appreciated.
I love the clients
shea home maintnance (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAOctober 9, 2016
I love the clients but there staff are mostly to rude so
you kind of have to hold back but the clients I get along with very easy and can relate to them as well.
Pros
layed back
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shea Homes. Our community is ready to answer.