Shea Homes Employee Reviews in United States

Shea is great
Front Desk Administrator - Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 24, 2016
I love Shea Homes, and wish there were a position more suited to my skill-set. The culture and offices are very nice. I've been here for one year, and am personally looking for a more rewarding path than Front Desk. Shea does invest in their employees, and have a lot of pride in themselves and their product. It is a quality company.
Pros
culture, free lunches, great office
Cons
no room for advancement, not challenging enough for me
Home Sales Shea Homes
Home Sales Metro Denver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day at Shea Homes could be meeting and greeting people as well as tours. Although in support of the sales, (when time permits) the traffic data is input and maintained and this process is done via a software program that keeps data on potential clients from visits to down payment to selection of options/upgrades through and including the closing.
What I learned while with Shea is the complexity of contracts and the critical quality of data.
During my time at Shea I for fortunate to work for and with truly excellent people. Shea management has very good people skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and for people. It is truly fun when an employee feels like they have made a difference in helping someone make a major purchase.
The most difficult part is holding back and only asking questions about the potential client that brings them to a comfort level.
Pros
Loved the job for the ability to manage ones self. While learning the company needs.
Cons
I truly didn't have any.
Receptionist/Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2015
Greet and direct visitors in person and telephone
Respond to inquiries from vendors and consumers.
Reconcile invoices for payment and vouchers, sort and distribute
mail.
Pros
Management was co-worker were great to work with.
Cons
Not enough holidays
Not a good company to for!
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  FLNovember 26, 2015
Work like a slave with no appreciation, you will do the work of 2 or 3 people, and even if you complete it successfully, it goes unnoticed, and they will still complain, and want more. Would never recommend for anyone to be employed by this company, most unorganized home builder ever. There is no room for growth or personal development, expect to go no where in this company!
Pros
5 o'clock will finally come
Cons
Micro-management like your in Kindergarten
Great place to work, Good people.
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 4, 2015
Shea is or at least was a very organized and friendly place to work.
They try to consistently educate and support their employees.
Run Fast! Worst Company Ever!
All (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 6, 2015
Deserves zero stars. Weak leadership with no communication. Seniors who live here and pay big money for their homes are driving these people crazy. You will think your life is saved because of no commute, but be ready to be ridiculed, insulted and talked about behind your back. You will beg for your commute back! Leaders provide no motivation or direction. No "please" or "thank you's" here. Forget about any kind of recognition. Apply here and your dreams will be crushed, and your self esteem stolen. BEWARE of this place, stick with the commute. To all of you seniors out there who deserve better, just remember that miserable employees make miserable members.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Terrible Leadership
Great Company
Regional Purchasing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 30, 2015
I worked there for almost 1 year and I loved it. I loved the people I worked with. I learned something new from every single person I work with, every one was always happy to help or teach.
Dont waste your time.
Grounds (Former Employee) –  Tuckaseegee NCMay 26, 2015
I can only speak for NC but there you are just a body that is expected to do the work of two people. If you are seasonal they will promise you a date that you will be employed through and then call everyone together on a Friday a month and a half early and tell you it's your last day. Wouldn't go back if they offered me twice the pay.
Cares only for themselves
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 26, 2015
This company will hire and fire employees so that hire up will not have to take the fall. They only deal with a select of employees and if you do not make the cut, your out of there. The management team is unfair and very unfriendly. Horrible Horrible place to work...
Non productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 7, 2015
As a Black Woman there were days that were very demeaning for me. I had a boss who found it necessary for what ever reason to tell me he wasn't prejudice now we were weren't discussing race. And he constantly put me down. I never got a amen or atta boy! from him the entire time I was there. So I don't feel like Shea Homes was in it for me or for me as an individual, I was a work horse and that was it. Do what I tell you type of thing. You know like Master v Slave thing? Anyway that was the feeling I got.
Pros
the only pro was i got payed to work there
Cons
never any accolades never any high 5's i just went to work and came home
Fun Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 11, 2014
My boss was the VP of Development for the multi-family housing division of Shea Homes, Shea Properties. We managed the construction of our developments and traveled down to So Cal to see progress in person. My boss was a great trainer and made the job fun. Shortly after I started he was transferred to another company and eventually brought me with him.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
none that i knew of in my short time there
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 24, 2014
Thank you for so many years. Most co-workers work here for long periods of time
Excellent Comapny
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2014
Great advancement opportunities as well as work life balance.

The company culture allows employees to excel, those who have a desire to do so will do will with this company.
Gorgeous place to work
Facility Monitor (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJune 6, 2014
Working at this place was okay at best. There really wasn't much to make it great. The best part of the job was the views. The facility was set in the hills with beautiful plantlife and fantastic sunsets.
Pros
views
Cons
not much room for expansion
Love my job here!
On-Site Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 6, 2014
Typical day is all about monies, and reporting, I've learned so many more programs and yard skills, my team is amazing, but I'm looking to relocate due to a military order transfer from my spouse
Pros
great company
Great company to work for. Took care of their employees, team builder events and great bonus program.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 11, 2013
Provided all aspects of new home sales
• Facilitated community start-up and market analysis
• Handle multiple activities that include due diligence, neighborhood inspections, and assistance in securing financing, cash flow modeling, return projections, and property valuation
• Contract Administration from start to finish
I learned about the New Home industry and how to build a home!
Great management, Top ranked and very professional.
The hardest part of the job was telling someone their loan was denied or due to their recent credit their rate has changed!
I loved working everyday at Shea Homes!
Pros
great pay and bonus program
Cons
working weekends
great company
Assistant Superintendent for New Home Community (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 11, 2013
I think shea was one of the best companies Ive ever worked for if it wasn't for the economic crises I was hoping to be employed for long term Ive worked for other developers that literally don't care about the finish product shea really did thrive to make customers happy
Pros
everything
Property Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 14, 2013
I worked for Shea Properties in a temporary capacity for three months.. Enjoyed working with everyone in my department. Learned about commercial property management. My immediate supervisor was terrific.
Pros
people
Cons
temporary position
Bad experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 29, 2013
This Company is a complete joke. Backstabbing and gossip prevail! No sense of loyalty to employees what so ever! Your just a body, a number, a robot to do a task! Would give ZERO stars if possible! Let long term employees go just before they were eligible for retirement! Would never recommend any of these facilities!!
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
everything else
Great Family Owned Company
Regional Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 11, 2013
Worked for Shea twice. Enjoyed the family environment.

Due to the market downturn, people are putting in long hours which is typical in this business.

Overall company values and home construction practices are very good.
Pros
team environment, great benefits
Cons
long hours, tense at times