By leveraging extensive knowledge of business lines including International Freight, Custom House Brokerage and Warehousing this position will be involved with both Sales and Operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Active engagement and leadership in sales process
- Identify needs of existing customer and prospects
- Visit existing and potential customers, providing ongoing customer support
- Build business volumes(s), through cross selling, attending and presenting at trade conferences, teaming with sales and operations.
- Determine pricing solutions in alignment with company parameters and best interest
- Prepare monthly management reposes
- Monitor and leverage KPI’s and modify strategies to meet defined goals and objectives
- Monitor and approve all branch expenses
- May manage sales staff and work to support top line revenue growth and contribute to the larger company’s operational success
- May supervise a seven day, twenty four hour (24x7) operation
- Ensure quality customer service through personal and team communication skills, meeting customer needs, resolving customer problems, maintaining contact with current customers and conduct timely communications
- Hire, appraise, fire, develop and coach to maintain professional distinguished branch team
- Remain up to date and implement all applicable government regulations as well as company procedures and policies.
- May also support multiple branches requiring the ability to optimize assets from each location to minimize operating expenses while ensuring high level of customer service
- Position requires significant time out of the office, visiting customers etc.
Requirements will include:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in extensive on the job training and continuing education
- Custom Brokerage License preferred
- 7- 10 years customs brokerage, transportation, warehousing & distribution, NVOCC experience
- 3- 5 years sales and business development
- 5 years supervisory experience preferred
- May require knowledge of export licensing requirements to include HAZMAT & munitions
- Must be able to travel as needed including international.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Comfortable with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, as well as other business applications and web-based software.
- Must be willing to sign non-compete.
At Shea Roche we take pride in our ability to assist our client in every phase of the recuriting process by builiding strong, loyal...