Shearer's Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Fast-Paced, Friendly Work Environment
Packer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VAOctober 16, 2015
A typical day of work consists of packing chips into boxes and placing the boxes on pallets in a fast, efficient manner. I've learned what hard work is and that to go places in life, that is what you have to do. The management provide a positive work environment and are always polite and motivational. I am friends with all of my co-workers, and our shift is like a family as we work a set schedule. The hardest part of my job is when the machines are running very quickly, but that leads me to the most enjoyable part, which is the teamwork everyone puts in.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Job Advancement
Bad Place To Work Avoid At All Cost!
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Newport, ARJune 9, 2016
Newport,AR facility is a bad place to work. Their management is horrible they treat their people bad. They work ya all the time if ya don't volunteer to work overtime they count it as an absense against you and when ya get 12 points they fire you . In ninety days they hired 50 people and about 7 stayed. Plus they have black racist bosses.
Pros
Good benefits and descent pay.
Cons
Bad management, lack of structure
Steady employment but low morale and poor leadership
Mixer (Current Employee) –  West Burlington, IAOctober 15, 2015
Not many seem to care about the job anymore due to many factors such as:

Poor Leadership - Team Leaders prefer to chastise and ridicule instead of help their employee's get through a task or mistake.

Upper Management not following through on promises - Implementation of the "You're a Star" program which rewards employee's that go above and beyond has not been seen yet. They were suppose to give gift certificates, company merchandise, and cash to those going the extra mile. Instead we have meetings telling us how we need to do more.

Not competitive in the job market - For the strenuous work we do, the pay is not that great and insurance premiums are through the roof.
Pros
Bonus Days
Cons
2 days off per month
Very hard working employees, Good job for college students, work around school schedules, good hours and pay.
Packaging Associate (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORAugust 17, 2015
The employees are very hard working and very fast paced. The company is good with working around schedules for college students. Have good pay, and hours. Most of the workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job, it kind of depends really. Usually the hardest part is being quick so that you don't have bags of chips all over the floor. The most enjoyable is that time goes by quite quickly. You are doing a lot but you always have something to do so that you are kept busy and it helps with the time.
Pros
Good pay, fast paced
Cons
Short lunches, Hot working rooms.

2.6