Shearer's Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and Family based.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 8, 2017
This company had many opportunities to move up and better my experience. Also has taught me many skills. I would recommend this to anyone that is serious about making a career.
Pros
Benefits are great.
Challenging and Good Pay
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Brewster, OHJune 16, 2017
A typical work day was very fast paced and challenging. I gained great Communication and Team Working skills from working in this type of
environment.
Pros
Chips at discounted Price
Cons
Short breaks, Weather condition
Its a job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Perham, MNMay 23, 2017
They really don't care about the workers, its all about quantity. It is getting worse by the day, and the health insurance sucks. If you want to be a slave, work at shearers
Dont care for it
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Perham, MNMay 12, 2017
Not my kind of job the work environment is stressful but easy the people are easily to get along with I love working with food the products we sell are awesome so I'll buy them but working for them is hectic but it is a very good job
es una buena empresa con un buen ambiente de trabajo
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORMay 3, 2017
lo bueno de esta empresa esque te da la oportunidad de aprender mas de ella
Cons
si hay descanso pero nunca uvo uno para mi porque no tenia a nadien que me ayudara
terrible
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Waterford, PAApril 10, 2017
Employees are quitting left and right no support from management.... no chance for advancement...no consistency in how the shifts are run and the way employees are treated
This place suckes
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAApril 9, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone the management is a bunch of uppity jerks.all you are is just a number to them this is way American manufacturing is going down hill
Pros
Cons
Going home
was good money
machine tech operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IAApril 1, 2017
was good money but if you are singel no kids this would be a good job they work you every day 8-12 hrs a day with sometimes one to two days off . management wasnt very good dealing with conflicts between employees more worried about thier numbers and bonus to much drama between everyone there . people get promotions that dont deserve it when other are more qualified or better fit for the promotion. some parts of the job can be stressful and then you have people yelling at you while things are getting stressful isnt a good work enviorment to be in like mine was you cant ever make plans outside of work cus they will change the work schedual last minute on you even though they told you to go ahead and make plans for a certain day . good money but not gpood managment they dont work around your personal life .... they make the job your personal life
Pros
money
Cons
no outside life, cant plan family activities, one day off, poor managment
Great coworkers
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 30, 2017
typical day would be packaging bags of chips into boxes that get labeled and stacked on a skid. Machines run fairly fast so keep in mind it can get very exhausting after so many hours of work. The day always seems very long but the paycheck makes up for it. after packaging duties are done and product change is ready. packaging team members sanitize drop buckets and shoots. this process must be done quick and perfect for there is no time to waste. sanitation is a huge part of this process because of food allergies and cross contaminant
Pros
great starting wage
Cons
long hours spent in one are if not your entire shift
Good place to work at
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brewster, OHMarch 17, 2017
Very employee oriented. Competed wages. Fast paced work. Very clean facilities. I had to quit there cause moved and too far to drive. Great company.
Cons
It strted off as a fun place but things got coplacted fast after the new year started
Packing Associate (Former Employee) –  Brewster, OHMarch 16, 2017
The breaks are short but you get three of them, two twelve minute breaks and a seventeen lunch. the people there don't like new people but after you work there for three months they start warming up to you. and then you start to hear everyone's true thoughts of Shearer's.
Not a horrible factory job
Packer (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 8, 2017
I've been with Shearers for a little over two years. like any other factory job, it is very physically demanding. It gets extremely hot in the summer time. Your hours tend to get cut a little bit in the winter time, but in the summertime you get mandatory overtime left and right. Not the job for me.
alot of hrs
Packer (Former Employee) –  nrwport arMarch 8, 2017
It was a good paying job and good hrs. Benifits were also good. Had 3 days off week so plenty of family time. Also made friends out there as well. Easy to move up.
Not for anyone who wants a life
Packer/Picker (Current Employee) –  Newport, ArFebruary 20, 2017
As a current employee this company is a terrible place to work. They do not care about the employees nor the product the put out. Its about bags going out. They point you out for anything. Management lies and supervisors are quick to fire employees for any reason. Its been the worst place i have ever worked in. And i advise anyone to NOT apply there if you want a life, if you have children, ill parents, or other obligations.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No time with family, and harsh to aggressive treatment
Shearers
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Perham, MNFebruary 7, 2017
Once Shearer's bought out Barrel O Fun, they had told hey wouldn't change much. I'm a bagger operator and ever since we started wth them they have piled on the work load which makes other tasks that they want done impossible. They also say they are care that we have families, which I feel they don't because of things that I've heard happen to other people with family members passing away or their kids getting sick. Or another example is if you hurt yourself or do get sick, you either get fired or you pretty much point out. Also the management is not on the same page half the time. They want us to do all these certain things and get it done in a timely matter but when things break down like equipment they get mad. I really do not like this company and I miss the job that I ORIGINALLY applied for.
Shearers Foods
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORJanuary 12, 2017
When I worked there it was OK. I met new people some really nice, some not that nice. I learned that you have to work together in a team in order to have the job done right. And learn to like your teammates and work with them. One day I stayed 12 hours and it wasn't that bad the only bad thing was that I didn't take extra lunch but other than that I like working 12 hours shift.
Fast pace, high energy
Package Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 31, 2016
Good place for younger people trying to get on with a young growing company. Advancement will take sometime and the pay starts of pretty low. Management is set for a while.
Pros
Take care of employees
Cons
Hot inside the warehouse
Fun workplace and Great respectful coworkers
Packer (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHDecember 22, 2016
My favorite job of all. Very fun, respectful and understanding co-workers. All my bosses were polite and fun. Easy people to get along with. The hours are long but the money is GREAT.
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Respectful co-workers, Fun Workplace, Great Money
Safety Not Important
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IADecember 5, 2016
They say safety is number one, but it clearly is not. Throughput of product and money is number one. They don't follow proper lock-out tag out procedures and employees are frequently injured.
I liked working there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Navarre, OHDecember 2, 2016
It was a decent job. My big problem was that seemed to go through a lot of supervisors so I felt like if I'd advance I wouldn't feel secure at my position.