SHEEHY AUTO STORES Employee Reviews

Good for long career
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 25, 2017
Great company. They treat you fair and have a very structured way they do things. They offer good benefits to their employees and are a great overall mix for an auto retailer.
Pros
Good overall auto retailer
Cons
Typical auto life
Could not stand to lie to customers.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VANovember 16, 2017
This company is okay, but not at all good to work for. This company hinders employees and has a bad thing for favorites.

No good at all.
Good environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAOctober 21, 2017
I love working there and helping my customers, good team , management , perfect environment for a fun job , just keep selling cars and will make good money , they also give you a chance !
great pay ...long hours
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VASeptember 13, 2017
constant fight with the floor sales guys. cut throat mentality , pay and benefits were amazing but definitely not worth 60-70 hrs per week.. if you can handle long hours this is the job for you
Tthe management loses touch with real life trying to meet numbers and let's their employees take the fall when they make bad decisions or
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 21, 2017
I have worked for Sheehy Auto Stores on 3 different occasions at 2 different stores, and every time was screwed over in one way or another. They do not care about their employees take the fall when they make bad decisions or fail to provide the support needed to give good customer service. NO job security!!!!!
Cons
Poor management
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 2, 2017
Great family-owned company! One of the best in the DC area!

A great client-focused dealership focusing on great service to their customers over volume!
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJuly 28, 2017
The managers are nice and helpful they want you to succeed. There's a chance to make a lot of money just have to put in the work and have the discipline to work.
Pros
Pay, hours, managers
Cons
Gets busy
Never work there
Service (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJuly 25, 2017
Local dealership does not have a clue on how to run a business nor how to manage/treat employees. The worse work/career experience I have ever had. There is zero communication among members of management.
Productive and friendly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 15, 2017
A typical day was fast paced but very friendly. A very relaxing environment. I enjoyed working there. Easy going but very professional. I loved being able to help people.
Great Place to Grow
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 23, 2017
Great place to grow your career. I learned a lot there. It was a great working environment. I miss it and wish I could go back. The team I worked with was great.
Decent Company to work for
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 10, 2017
A results driven company with multiple locations. Decent to work for but will make you feel like a number instead of a valuable member of a team. Good place to get dealership
Experience.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Each store runs differently from the othees
Do not do it
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Severna Park, MDMarch 8, 2017
Management is absolutely terrible. They make new rules every single day, you are locked in a dark room in the basement all day long & you're not allowed to talk without getting yelled at. Oh and god forbid you or your kids are sick? Better try and make it in anyway even though the bosses can leave and be snappy with everyone even if they don't feel good. The pay is extremely low for what you are required to remember and do all day long. I wouldn't recommend working for this company to anyone.
Pros
Work Trips
Cons
everything
Relaxed work enviornment, co-workers are amazing
Appointment coordinator (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 15, 2017
Your job is to schedule appointments as well as make outgoing calls to customers to have them schedule the vehicle your calling about for service. You have to call all numbers several times a month which can be frustrating when they begin to get hostile with you over the number of calls. You have call and appointment numbers that must be reached every day. I did learn how use excel and Microsoft office very well and use on a daily basis. I love all the people I work with and they do make the day enjoyable but the repetitive work, the no way to advance, and the low pay, out weigh the pros of the job
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
short breaks, benefits, no advancement
Offers chance to move up the company ladders.
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 10, 2017
This is a perfect job during college because they offer flexible hours, I was able to take classes during the morning and work in the afternoon. The managers are also very helpful.
Low income horable managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VADecember 11, 2016
After working here for years this company take their workers and employees for granted if you don't suck up to the bosses they let your money walk out the door benefits are extremely expensive compared to previous employment I've had bosses will flaunt money
Pros
Free lunch on saturday
Cons
Horable pay
A lot of opportunity and great compensation plans!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDOctober 8, 2016
I spent 13 plus years with them and it was a great experience to see myself and the company growth quickly. The overall opportunity is they like to growth within the company so if you perform there will be elevation for pay and positional advancement. Great company
Pros
2 contest per year with huge monitary bonuses
Cons
A lot of hours
Don't work here.
Dealer Exchange Driver (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 21, 2016
They will steal from you! They being other sales people and management. They will promise you a certain amount of pay and then you find out that it is not what you were promised.
There was even an incident when during a sales meeting a manager quoted scripture and dropped an "f" bomb in the same breath.
And if they steal from the sales staff what do you think they do to the customers?
The above comments were about the Mechanicsville Stores.
Ashland is much better.
Pros
Good place to work at the Ashland store.
Cons
Stay away from the Mechanicsville stores.
Lack of communication and favoritism
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 11, 2016
Working in the call center department of Sheehy was absolutely terrible. That is one job I could not tolerate. The lack of communication and a new rule every week got old quick. The parking situation was annoying. Over 100+ employees within the dealerships and call center have to park on the backroad. If you're not there by 10, good luck finding a spot. The building we worked in sucked every bit of life out of me. Most of the girls I worked with all complained about baby daddy problems. Fun, right? No. Trying to get in contact with a service advisor at a dealership was horrid. Cold calls everyday all day was super unnecessary. If a customer hadn't been in for service for 6 months+ , we'd have to call. If it's even been three years, we still had to call. The managers didn't have to deal with getting cussed out for harassment, we did. Two good things I have to say is that if you're ever in a difficult financial situation, they'll issue you an advance to help you out. The second thing is that they'd occasionally hold little parties with food. Food is great.
Pros
Food parties. Will help financially.
Cons
Low pay. Environment. Parking.
Stressful
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Severna Park, MDApril 28, 2016
This position is horrible! There is absolutely no security in it at all! They have relieved people of their position 10 minutes before their shift ending, want to pay $10/hr for you to remember every fine detail of scheduling for about 10-15 different stores within the company, sound like a robot reading off of scripts and calling customer just about every other day. It is against policy to call and ask questions of colleagues at other locations while customers are on the phone, instead give excuses, lies and apologize for the poor customer service they are given. Not a place I would recommend to anyone. "They decided to go in a different direction" is the line they give when they relieve you of your position with no further explanation.
Pros
coworkers are awesome
Cons
Management has their favorite employees and are very uncaring
No job security, No training, Poor customer basis
Service advisor (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMarch 10, 2016
I worked with Sheehy for half a year, while working there my first week was great, everyone was nice system was a bit out dated but it got the job done. After the dust settled multiple new and different policies came up almost weekly. So one week you were doing it right the next was completely wrong. Advisors were strictly commision meaning when we closed late and did nothing but oil changes we did not get paid. while closing you would be expected to work 9am to 9pm(from 530pm-9pm youd be by yourself) the pay fluctuates wildly and there is no cushion. You could work 100 hours a week and if you only sell 1000$ you get 100$. The customers are the most BACK STABBING people there are. If its not for free then they will complain until it is free ultimately causing some people there job. As of now since ive started and left sheehy over 6 people including the service manager has been fired and another 6 have left. DO NOT be fooled by the cloak these people put on, while the manager drives around in his mercedes, the lower people drive accords and sentra's. Take hold of my warning DO NOT WORK AT ANY OF THESE PLACES.
Pros
Coworkers were nice
Cons
Bad management, No job security, The customer will do anything to get something for free, whatever the customer says is automatically true