Sheetz Employee Reviews

Fun place to work. Serious about customers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Sheetz was a very respectable company. They worked with you as far as scheduling and most of the time everyone worked together as a team to get the job done. I enjoyed working with the customers. The hardest part about my job was being left alone when no one was there to help. The most enjoyable part was working with coworkers and customers.
Pros
Didn't have to clock out on break
Cons
Short break (15mins)
Productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coudersport, PAJanuary 16, 2017
The crew I worked with was absolutely amazing. If you needed any sort of help, they found exactly what I required. You get the time off you ask for, as long as you can give them two weeks notice.
Pros
1/2 off food while working, 10% of almost everything in store, medical benefits
Cons
Always standing, tough on people with weak legs / knees
Job Security
Shipper/Loader (Former Employee) –  Claysburg, PAJanuary 13, 2017
A work place that has great benefits and likes to give their employees parties. Sheetz is growing every day and they know how to keep the company successful. Sheetz isn't going any where any time soon and no one can compete with them.
benefits
It's was a great job.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Corrigansville mdJanuary 11, 2017
I loved being around a handyll of great people, I could call part of my family. Although it was a very tight space buildin to be in so your cute nstanrly bumping in to people.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Super small building
Rigorous and demanding but fun all around.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day at my job would be able to multitask while also keeping an upbeat attitude. Maintain quality serious and while remaining professional to difficult situations.Also know how to successfully transition form Register to kitchen with no problems. I learned to become more outspoken and thanks to the training of the management I have learned to become more of a leader than I thought I would be. I loved working with my co workers and be able to have that professional relationship while still having fun. The hardest part would have to when I have to go to high power to assist me on a difficult employee for I wish we could have work it out together without having to get them on bad side of the boss.
Pros
discounts on items. breaks, be able to request of, vacation time, personal time.
Sheetz Distribution Center
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Claysburg, PA 16625January 9, 2017
I loved working at Sheetz its a well progressing, family friendly company with a high energy work environment. I loved the work schedule and hours and would have continued to work there if I didnt move!
Wonderful job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAJanuary 9, 2017
Still remains my favorite job. Great benefits, considerate to their employees. Great place to work with great management and very structured, orgnansized and clean environments
high energy work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ruckersville, VAJanuary 8, 2017
Coworkers are great to work with. Fast paced environment. There is advancement opportunity. I have gained great customer service skills. This has been a great learning opportunity.
Pros
great people
Fun workplace
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 8, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Sheetz. They have great benefits for their employees and the hours are great. The only thing that I did not like was that we went through managers like crazy so things were always changing.
Pros
50% off for food, paid breaks
Cons
management
Very energetic atmosphere
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working with my shift of employees. Very fast paced environment. I checked temps and cleaned oven vats. Checked in vendors and stocked merchandise. I got along with only a few other employees.
Pros
very fast paced
Cons
favortism
Good Job for people in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 5, 2017
The job itself is not hard but not many people are willing to do it. Employees typically pick to work in the kitchen or cashier depending where they are most comfortable and are good at. It is a great job for college students. Managers are flexible with schedules. Training takes about 2-3 weeks depending on how the manager likes to train and how you pick up on it. They are strict with calling off, piercings/tattoos, and view camera footage to spy on employees.
Pros
heath care, bonuses, discount on food
Cons
short breaks, strict on calling off and being late, managment
Great company to work for
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 5, 2017
Great job and pay for a full-time college student. Benefits are outstanding because they help pay for school each semester as long as you have a 3.0 GPA or higher
Point system
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ripley, WVJanuary 5, 2017
Doesn't really give an employee a chance if they make a mistake. It's pretty cut dry. No documenting. If a problem shows up they just ignore it or terminate you.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD 21702January 5, 2017
Great place to work great benefits the team members treat you with respect you also get half off food for working there, i enjoyed the atmosphere overall great place to work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
nothing
Sheetz is pretty cool.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VAJanuary 4, 2017
A typical night at work usually went by rather quickly. I learned a lot on the job and went to take TIPS class in order to sell alcohol. I helped out in the kitchen as well and made orders to whatever they ordered. Management was alright, but not that great.My coworkers were pretty good. The Hardest part of the job was working over night.
Productive work place good for a first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, PAJanuary 4, 2017
Sheetz is a very good place for a young adults first job. A typical day at sheetz includes cleaning the store and making customers food in the kitchen. I think the most valuable thing I learned at sheetz was how to work in a team well and more importantly just how to be productive at work since this was my first job.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, off the clock discounts
Cons
Management could be better to employees
Productive and great place to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Welcome, NCJanuary 3, 2017
Provide great customer service. Gives you a chance to meet and interact with loving people everyday. I have learned a lot from working at Sheetz, very good experience and helped me grow as a person.
Stock, Prep, Clean, Customer Service, Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Work register, stock, clean dining area and around store, make fresh tea and coffee at a timely basis, answer phone, take food temps at a timely manner, take and make food or drink orders.
Pros
50 percent off discount during work hours, 10 percent off hours
Cons
Healthcare abstintees do not matter. still at risk of losing job
great management
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 3, 2017
while working at sheetz, there was always a good vibe when going in. managment was one of my favorite parts of the company. the people i worked for were always understanding. the procedure always made sense and everything usually ran smooth through the day.
Pros
clean, good management
Cons
fast pace
Fun place to work with great benefits.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJanuary 2, 2017
I really enjoyed this job more than any others that I've had. Unfortunately, our store manager was the ultimate deciding factor in me leaving, as well as MANY great employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.