Sheetz Employee Reviews

Fast-paced and sometimes fun workplace
Sales Associate, Cranberry Township, PA (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAOctober 22, 2017
Working at Sheetz is rarely boring. Sales associates work in every part of the store and are always busy. The environment can be very fun and rewarding, but as always, this depends on management and having enough staff. My first couple of years at Sheetz were great and the pay was satisfactory for what I was doing. Recently decline in number of staff and absolutely terrible management have made work miserable.
Fast paced, and stressful but fun and positive coworkers
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAOctober 20, 2017
I've worked at Sheetz for 6 months now, and I would say it's a good job. If your young and are looking for a first job Sheetz is a great choice. If your older and are looking for a career Sheetz is a good choice. If you want to get promoted, expect to put in work. Management at times was sketchy and your store efficiency is going to depend on how good your manager is. Pay rates are fair and you get promotions and bonuses fast. Highly recommend for a starter job or a temp job, be wary if your looking to stay for a while, your going to put up with a lot of hassle.
Pros
pay, coworkers, promotions
Cons
management, stressful
Great place to work with family atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moon, PAOctober 19, 2017
Very cohesive work environment made up of amicable people and lots of room for advancement. Most of management is great and interested in hearing feedback. Rules are clearly laid out and leave little room for misinterpretation.
Pros
50% off food
fast paced andfun
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tappahannock, VAOctober 18, 2017
great business speed, good management, I would have like to gain more knowledge of the business I think it has great opportunities in the business an great training
Great place, but quick work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 18, 2017
Sheetz is a great place to work and cares more about making a quality improvement in the surroundings than making direct immediate profit. They tend to think long term, which is why they are so highly competitive.
Pros
Discounts, paid lunch, flexible scheduling
Cons
Paid lunch, dealing with bar crowds
Great people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 18, 2017
Long hours and limited staff. Great benefits great boss. Would love to see the company so the benefits of more people this would help the company with turn over
Awesome company and awesome job!
Management (Former Employee) –  Madison, VAOctober 17, 2017
Shifts are easy, schedule done three weeks in advance can plan your life around it. Easy to request time off, paid or unpaid. Great programs for going back to school. The Sheetz lifestyle and company is great still family owned. The Sheetz family still travel to each store to step in and say hi. Everything was enjoyable at the Sheetz I worked at, the hardest part of the job would be the busy time when the kitchen is slammed and if you ever worked at a Sheetz or been there during rush hour you know what I'm talking about!
Pros
Awesome company!
Cons
None!
It's very fast paced, always have something to do, good for multi tasking and customer service
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, PAOctober 17, 2017
While I was at Sheetz I got to hone many skills that I hadn't got to apply firmly such as multi tasking and working under pressure. It's a very good first job and benefits are great.
Pros
Paid lunches, heavy employee discount
Cons
Stressful
Fun and fast paced job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at Sheetz. There was always work to be done, never a dull moment. I got to learn a variety of job tasks. I would run the front counter, make food for customers or help with inventory amongst many other tasks.
Could be better
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 15, 2017
When working there, we were always under staffed on fridays and saturdays. The hours were always up and down. They complain about you being in school.
Sense of community.
Kitchen, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Welcome, NCOctober 15, 2017
Sheetz is a very difficult company to work for. They do nor support their employees. They support management who have been with them company for 20+ years. Not the people who make their stores run. Any management position is extremely stressful and there is no reward for your hard work.
Very fast pace
Salesperson/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 14, 2017
It’s not a bad place to work if your in the right
Location. It’s a great company with amazing benefits.. the managers are
Awesome but they have a horrible
Points systems for attendance.
sheetz
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Titusville, PAOctober 13, 2017
I worked there for alittle over two months and they scheduale 10 hour days and dont give you a choice if you want 50 hours a week and dont change them. If you set an availablity they will not honor it.
Always busy, Good team members, Some bad managers
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PAOctober 13, 2017
Working at Sheetz was mostly a positive work environment. My coworkers worked as a team "family". I worked as a cashier, assisting customers at point of sale and stocking and cleaning front of the store. I worked in food prep, preparing orders and back stock for holding. I cleaned habitually, and detail cleaned often, by choice because of my love of a clean space. Sometimes tasks were given by choice, which is nice, or assigned. The only issue I had is the management treating adult college students like preschool toddlers. Managers barely older than me talked to me and tracked me like a child, which was uncomfortable.
Pros
Good pay, Clean environment, Enjoyable coworkers
Cons
Some bad managers, Not flexible
Overworked bc of lack staff no training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 12, 2017
Management (head) was repulsive always making snide comments. Was never given proper training bc of lack of staff yet expected be an expert. I have six years managers experience myself and would never treat an employee way I was treated.
Pros
Good on clock discount
Wonderful!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHOctober 10, 2017
Sheetz is a wonderful place to work! The management and co workers were a delight to work for. I enjoyed working and always looked forward to going to work.
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  State College, PAOctober 10, 2017
The only negative I have is that you have to be employed for 6 months full time before you are eligible for major medical benefits. Otherwise it is a great place to work.
Pros
50% discount of MTO food/drink during work hours, flexible schedule
Cons
time it takes to receive heatlcare benefits
Fun workplace, great benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 9, 2017
Great company to work for! Always advancement opportunities available. Great management. There is a work Family environment. Looked forward to clocking in daily.
Pros
Fun workplace, laid back, great benefits, management isn’t awesome
Cons
Short breaks, favoritism is shown sometimes, several call outs daily
productive and fast-paced
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Gibsonia, PAOctober 9, 2017
you are always on the move, especially if you worked in the kitchen. i learned how to deal with angry customers as professional as possible. the management was pretty good at dealing with situations they were needed for.
Salesperson and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 8, 2017
It was a wonderful company to work for. You are always busy and never bored. The managers were great and understanding. You tend to work every weekend which is the only downside.
Pros
Managers
Cons
Work every weekend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.