Sheetz Employee Reviews

Found 1,165 reviews matching the search
fast working environment
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJuly 14, 2017
fun fast hard working and very cold and sometimes freezing working conditions only in the freezer management was fair the hardest part was keeping up with the customers orders so quickly and keeping up with the truck
Pros
fun fast paced
Cons
cold
decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 13, 2017
sheetz is a good company to work for they have really good benefits, raises & discounts ! the only thing that sucks about sheetz is there point systems ! i wouldnt recommend this company to people with small kids
Very Fun to work at
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Verona, PAJuly 13, 2017
Working night sift is challenging. Very difficult to keep married home life happy. The staff is Sheetz-tastic! Everyone works as a team and helps complete all tasks for the shift.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
sleeping during the day
Crew
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAJuly 12, 2017
It was okay.

Really busy, all the time. New items constantly, impossible to keep up with the new recipes.

I messed up a lot on the orders, pushed to go fast but can't go fast and be accurate at the same time.

0/10 would not work in food again.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Difficult
fast paced hard working environment with great levels for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAJuly 12, 2017
retail is always a headache but with sheetz at least youre with a good company. take care of employees, good compensation, and good benefits. flexible hours
a job that you could turn into a career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAJuly 12, 2017
this was an amazing opportunity and a wonderful job, helps to provide excellent customer service, very satisfied in knowing the company actually cares about their employees
Very productive place to work, very fast paced, lots of new faces each day with customers.
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, VAJuly 11, 2017
I enjoyed sheetz because it was never the same old thing everyday. Many new customers many regulars. Very fast paced the way I liked it. I enjoyed my co-workers and the jobs I performed. I excelled in cash handling, time management, customer service and supervisory tasks.
Great Company- Horrible Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 11, 2017
Great company that offers medical, dental, and life insurance. 401K, and gives you a piece of stock after you have been there so many years. The company itself is wonderful, but the management is terrible. Be prepared to be short-staffed and do all the work by yourself. The supervisors think because they have a title they do not have to do any work at all. Your customers will yell and tell you everything is your fault. Very fast paced and busy all the time. Your opinions are not valued, and too much is expected of you with not enough crew members.
Benefits
Fun place to work
Sales Associate- Foodservice (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 11, 2017
I worked foodservice. This was a very fast paced environment, with lots of customer interaction. Management was very supportive, and encouraged employees to seek advancement within the company.
Pros
Awesome benefits, steady work schedule
Cons
sometimes a very hectic pace
Not Productive, Terrible Management
Salesperson/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJuly 5, 2017
Terrible management. They claimed to understand mental health yet continued to trigger my anxiety. I ended up getting fired because I was over my points but I was in the hospitl for most of them and corporate wouldn't remove the points even though they were covered under FMLA.
great company to work but the management team sucked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVJuly 5, 2017
ive worked for sheetz two seperate times. the first time was amazing great management great coworkers! the second time management was like a group of high school girls. We were robbed on night shift with just two of us working myself and a supervisor and after all said and done we were made out to be the "criminals" in the whole situation. overall sheetz is a good place to work but really get a feel for your management team before taking the position.
Terrible Job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 4, 2017
Typical day was very stressful. People don't care about their jobs. No call no shows were an everyday occurrence, without ant consequences. Manager didn't care about employees.
Pros
meet lots of peoplw
Cons
no breaks, under paid
Good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrolltown, PAJuly 4, 2017
Sheetz is a great company to work for. My old store was great however ran into some issues with staffing and management when the new store opened. The new store has alcohol sales.
Good job
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAJuly 3, 2017
Working for sheetz is great and you become a huge family that I know I'll always have but the balance between home and work as a manager isn't the ideal situation for anyone!
Pros
Benefits, pay, family
Cons
All work focus, too many hours
Great Place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJuly 3, 2017
Sheetz is a great company to work for, they have great benefits, great pay. I was promoted fast, the culture of sheetz is great we were a family. The hardest part of the job was other management.
excellent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAJuly 3, 2017
The only reason I ever left this job was because I had to move. It was one of the best jobs I've ever had- management was amazing. My coworkers were also amazing. Their benefits are hard to beat and they even offer college scholarships and tuition reimbursement. They like to promote from within and many people I knew got promotions in as little as a year. Health insurance is some of the best in this area.
Stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 2, 2017
I worked for this company before, and upon coming back I have stayed a year. If you can handle working between 40-26 hours (depending on the manager you never know what you'll get) and a stressful environment, do it. Starting out at 10$ an hour is pretty sweet and you are eligible for benefits after six months. The benefits are top-notch. Sheetz just recently loosened their belt on their workplace uniform, meaning you can have multi-colored hair and jeans every day.
Pros
Half price food on the clock, good starting pay, good benefits after 6-months (full time)
Cons
Very stressful, lengthy to-do lists, strict company policies
Overwelming
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Philippi, WVJuly 2, 2017
Sheetz doesn't care about your health. If you call off for a shift you get points and even when you bring in a doctor's note the will still fire you because of points.
The love of my first job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Youngwood, PAJuly 1, 2017
I love working for Sheetz. A typical day is sometimes busy and fast pace. Work with customers hands on and build communication skills. The coworkers are open and helpful and very friendly. Schedule is very flexible. Management are professional but create bonds with coworkers. Mean comments from customers are the hardest part of my day. Busy days can be stressful, sometimes there are not enough hours in the shift to get everything done. The most enjoyable part of my day is being on my feet interacting and learning new things everyday.
Pros
Half off food, Friendly coworkers, flexible schedule, always something to do
Cons
mean customers, short on products
Family Driven Business Foundation
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 30, 2017
Sheetz has a very well organized training method. I worked has a shift supervisor and opened a brand new store, after training for 2 months at an established store. It was a great experience and helped build my management skills overall.
Pros
career building tools
Cons
short staffed at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.