Sheetz Employee Reviews

my job
Cashier (Current Employee), Shippensburg, PAJuly 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job would be some of the employees I meet working in there and my customers I meet I will miss them but I need more hours to support my kids.
Great staff, needs a good leader
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 17, 2015
I loved working for Sheetz. Corporate keeps things in check store to store, and as long as a good store manager is running the place, things run really well, and it is a fun job to have. It may have stressful moments, but overall, the staffing is usually upbeat.
Good job, but unfair expectations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Baden, PAJuly 17, 2015
This is a wonderful company to work for with great advancement opportunities. Management was lazy, and workload was very unbalanced, however. Unreasonable schedule and unreasonable workload.
One of my favorite jobs
Cashier (Former Employee), Bedford, PAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great management
Cons: None
I was an expert at the cash register and know how to count change backwards, which is a rare skill, so I got to work during a software changeover when the registers were down
Its only as hard as you make it
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), High Point, NCJuly 12, 2015
Dealing with customers and your employees become what you look forward to everyday. They become your family and you friends! The benefits Sheetz offers are amazing, especially the dental! The hardest part of the job would be conflict, but that happens everywhere. Overall it is an amazing company and family!!
Interesting
Cashier/Food Service (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2015
Sheetz was a great commercial gas station to work out. Only issue was the managers and other co workers. No real team work. Everyone out to get each other.
Productive and fun work place with great food
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Hanover, PAJuly 11, 2015
A typical day was fast paced and upbeat. Management and coworkers were very positive, supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking in a fast pace but I learn to overcome that as time went on. The most enjoyable part was the customers and getting discounts on food. I learned how to be better with time management and multitasking.
Fun Place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Garner, NCJuly 10, 2015
It was a good place to work. Fun to work there with the multiple employees. Had great managment. Good start pay. At times it seemed like there was too much work and not enough time.
Mainly young staff, fast paced environment
Cashier/ Food Assembly (Former Employee), Wendell, NCJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Half off kitchen food while on the clock
Cons: 20 minute breaks
Awesome place to work. Starting pay is well above average I guess to keep employees. Some..MOST days are really busy but ideal if you like always having something to do. Granted, it being half gas station, you will get some rude and/or unruly customers but working there is definitely worth it.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Clayton, NCJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Paid breaks, food discount, gift card, and recognition
Cons: Short breaks, healthcare (part-time employees), opened 24-hours
I truly enjoy working at this particular Sheetz. The group of people that are employed at this store are amazing. The atmosphere is fun and welcoming. I have never worked for a store manager who truly cares about all of his or her employees the way my current manager does. However, taking out the inside/outside trash and cleaning the restrooms can be the hardest parts of my job at times. Cleaning windows, vacuuming, operating the floor scrubber, preparation of food/specialty drinks, and stocking cigarettes/sales floor items are part of my job responsibilities. I have learned so much about the true definition of what excellent customer service is and how to provide it at all times in every situation.
Productive and fun work plave
Salesperson (Former Employee), Blairsville, PAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: great work place, fun store meetings
Cons: scheduling
Sheetz was the best company to work for, always had fun even when we were super busy. Management was awesome and helped with anything you went to them with. Throughout working there for just about a year, I got along with pretty much everyone which made my job so much easier. The hardest part of my job would have been dealing with customers that gave us a hard time. There is so much I learned by working here such as great customer service and challenging myself to perform tasks I wasn't comfortable with.
great place to get gas and food all at the same time
Salesperson (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCJune 30, 2015
A typical day is usually busy rarely slow
The hardest part is when you're really busy and don't have enough help
Most enjoyable part is having fun with your coworkers joking around sometimes
enjoyed my job and meeting ppl.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAJune 29, 2015
Pros: meeting ppl, and making food fast
Cons: pay rate didnt make it for me.
enjoyed the job but needed more pay then they could offer.i was a fast pace job which was good ,made the time fly by.I really feel they should offer the ppl working there better pay ,because there are alot of responsiblities.
Good place to work, just not on 3rd shift
Salesperson (Current Employee), PAJune 26, 2015
Pros: 50% off MTO while working
Cons: Lucky if I get to take a break
I'm currently a 3rd shift salesperson at Sheetz, in a typical day, I clean the kitchen while making food for customers as they come in. On nights that I clean the sales floor, its the same concept.
The training program that they have prepares you for working in the kitchen, not for working the front. I also only had 2, 6 hour shifts of training to learn all of the third shift tasks. I also had very little training on how to do the 3rd shift tasks on the sales floor, so I felt like I was thrown into it with little to no help.
In all honesty, the management needs work. It seems like all they do is sit in the office and talk to each other, or go outside and smoke. In a typical night, the shift supervisor that is on goes out for a cigarette 4 or 5 times and takes a break, while I'm lucky if I get 3 cigarettes, and usually do not take a break.
Co-workers are great... I don't really know many of the first or second shift workers because I am always working on third, but most of them know my name! So that's a plus.

The hardest part of the job for me is the fact that it is 3rd shift... I can't sleep. But they are so shorthanded on people willing to work third shift that I cannot move to a different shift.
N/A
MANAGEMENT IS EXCELLENT
CUSTOMERS ARE FRIENDLY, HOME FEELING
Highly recommend
shift supervisor (Current Employee), Mansfield, PAJune 17, 2015
I have been a sheetz employee for almost 4 years. I have worked both as a salesperson and now as a supervisor. Sheetz is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. I highly recommend.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier and Salesperson (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 14, 2015
I learned good customer service and time management skills. I learned inventory control skills. I worked with great co-workers that were willing to teach me all the skills that they had learned through their years of experience
Good way to get a variety of experience
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDJune 12, 2015
While the job is very demanding it is rewarding. Pay is good and there are a lot of benefits. Work can be stressful, but that just makes the day go by quicker
Productive and fun workplace at Sheetz
Convenience Store Clerk (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Discounts, environment, time in half on holidays, company take care of its employees
Cons: sometimes not getting a break, short breaks (on the clock)
what I learned while being employed at Sheetz is its a fast pace and steady job. The management and co-workers take care of each other and have positive supports. My most enjoyable part of the job is being around and having fun with my co-workers while on the clock.
Good benefits but stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Louisburg, NCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Free drinks to employees on the clock, half off sheetz food and products throughout the store.
Cons: often went with no break on an 8 hr shift, mean customers
A typical day on the job, at least for third shift crew, includes getting a rush that lasts from about 11 p.m to 4 a.m.after which the crew(consisting of only three people) must rush to hopefully get all their stuff done or risk staying after to make first shifts life easier. Often times myself and/or a manager would stay behind for about and hour or two just trying to make things manageable.
I learned that in order to survive a stressful job like this you must work quickly and efficiently to meet your goals. My co-workers were the only things that made the hectic nights better. More often than not we were cracking jokes and trying to make each other feel better. The hardest part of my job had to be dealing with intoxicated customers. They would come in and either be rude or extremely perverted to the female workers. And as luck would have it, I was one of the few females to work on third shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to leave. Walking out the doors with my fellow co-workers knowing that together we had pulled through and done our job, even if it was difficult, was the best feeling ever.