Sheetz Employee Reviews in United States

Great Workplace, but there are some issues
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCMarch 2, 2016
Teamwork is not considered much in this place, I believe that there should be teamwork. This is due to the fact the workplace would work better and the environment would be more prosperous.
Management, as well, needs some improvement due to the fact that some people get treated better than others by the managers. It should not be like that either in a workplace.
Pros
customer service, coworkers
Cons
management, hours given, short breaks, against some pregnancy issues, drama
Sheetz
Ee (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCJune 18, 2016
Great benefits . However , working all holidays is mandatory . This particular store I'm employed by plays favorites . Lots of highschool drama. And nothing is being done by management . Some of the management gets involved. Telling other crew members personal info like if they pointed out and waiting on hr to say fire them . So and so got wrote up for this that person may not even know yet. Some things can be way over played. It can go to hr , when it may have been a misunderstanding. You really have to watch your back. Not much room for advancement . You have to be in the in crowd for special things. Such as job advancement , or not getting into trouble at all when you should . This is just the store I've worked for. Some stores may not be like that. There is 3 in 10 min of each other in my area and I only know of one who doesn't have problems . The pay is great . But I'm looking to get out of the sheetz life. Doesn't seem very friendly anymore .
Pros
Nice pay. Bonuses
Cons
Drama. Poor management skills, lack of respect
Productive work place and great co-workers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VANovember 2, 2015
Sheetz is a great company to work for they offer great health benefits, the management is great they are always willing to work with you and they train you very well. My co-workers and I all work together in a great fashion to get our jobs done in a productive way to exceed customers' expectations which makes the job a lot easier. I usually work in the kitchen area of the store making customers' orders you have to be quick and accurate.
Pros
Great co-workers, management, benefits.
Cons
Hours are starting to lessen.
Pleasant workplace depending on location
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 6, 2016
As each Sheetz is a twenty-four hour business, there is frequently some project in progress as well a constant stream of new customers to meet and take care of. Your main goals is to focus on them, as it should be in customer service but which can make set tasks seem to fall by the wayside. The people vary. That is the least pleasant aspect, that the personalities of people near where you live can very much affect your work day because they will be both your customers and your fellow employees. If you live in a generally unpleasant area... All in all, not a bad place to work if you are young, like meeting new people daily and you enjoy becoming familiar with a few regulars.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Very varied management
Fun, fast-paced environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sewickley, PAApril 4, 2016
Sheetz is great company to work for. I work for a high-level store which has provided me with the opportunity to develop my skills in time management, stress management, customer service and many others. I love interacting with customers daily, and especially enjoy the relationships that I have acquired through my several years with the company.
Fun, interactive job!
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCJune 8, 2016
At Sheetz, I feel as if I can be myself! I walk in and out of work everyday with a smile on my face. I love the people I work with as well as the nice, clean and safe environment! We have security on the weekends too! My management team is nice and friendly! They are always there, if I have a problem. This includes in and out of the store. I have noticed some of the nice things they do for my co-workers as well. Sheetz is very involved in the community! Some people don't know this, but we also donate to many charities! Through Sheetz I have furthered my knowledge in customer service and learned the importance of a kind, smiling face, who is willing to help!
Pros
50% off food on the clock
Cons
20 minute breaks
Great place to work! Flexible work schedule.
Customer Service Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 31, 2016
Worked as a cashier and in the kitchen. Great work environment, fun people to work with. The hours and benefits could not be matched with any other company in the general area. Great job if you are a people person and want to focus on keeping the customer happy.
Pros
Half price on Sheetz food, healthcare.
Cons
Need more employees during busing times.
Sheets is a great place to work and learn about the ins and outs of a billion dollar business
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  King George, VAMay 23, 2016
Very fun, family oriented business.Very busy and high paced customer first based business. I learned that hiring, training, and developing your team is the key to a successful business. Very supportive towards helping you to reach and exceed operational and financial goals. The hardest part of the job is watching some of the people that you have hired, trained, mentored, and developed move onto higher positions or take on different career paths. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ride to work and the smile on your face when you are excited about the new day and the fun you are going to have at work today.
Pros
work culture
working with public
Sales Assoicate (Former Employee) –  Archdale, NCJune 3, 2016
A typical day at work is to be a team player, have patience and always be on time. I have learned to grow stronger a an individual and to move up in the work place. I always respect management and to put my self in the customers shoes also in my co workers shoes and to grow to be a better person all around. The hardest part of the job is dealing with different types of people all day and to understand that they may be having a bad day. I always try to encourage people and to pick have good spirits and to get along with one another. What I like the most in my job is to make people smile and have patience I live being a team player I make the best of each and every day possible.
It used to be a nice place to work
Sales Employee (Current Employee) –  Cambria County, PAMarch 20, 2016
The shifts are long and stressful. The management is terrible because if the main manager doesn't like you, she makes your life miserable by making the rest of the management team write you up for silly things that either don't happen, or everybody else does. The pay is great, but it really isn't work the stress and agony the rest of the job brings on you.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Ok Place
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCJuly 18, 2016
The management here has went downhill, there is too much favortism. Teamwork is a big deal here, other coworkers actually work together. The management needs a lot of work working with the employees. They sit in the back office while the employees are struggling at the register, kitchen, and on the floor.
I love the people here, everyone just about gets along and works together. It is not hard to make a friend at Sheetz. The customers (especially the regulars) are my favorite part (sometimes, unless they get rude (but you, meaning me, have to keep calm and be very respectful to the customer and their wants)).
Good place to start
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 27, 2016
Advancement blocked by certain management personel, Found that if they did not like you they would find a way to block you
Horrible
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Verona, PAJuly 2, 2016
I am not sure if it is all Sheetz but the one I worked at made me feel like I was back in highschool. If you weren't in their little group you were outcasted. It felt like everyone else could make mistakes but if I did it was an issue. Training needs to be better. One person tells you how to do something and then someone else says your doing it wrong. They talk about employees and customers behind their backs. I told them I couldn't work overnights I got scheduled anyway. I would never work there again.
Pros
Free drink while working, half off food
Cons
Short breaks, favoritism, gossiping
Great potential with smaller stores, nightmare at larger locations!
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 27, 2016
I enjoy working with a good number of my co-workers the most, but that hardest part is the amount of tasks expected to be completed in the amount of time given, no matter how busy it gets. On slower days it isn't really a problem, as long as the entire shift knows what they are doing and is motivated to complete the tasks given. Other than that, don't expect it to be as easy as it may look or that there isn't more going on behind the counter than can be seen simply walking in for a few minutes.
Pros
Great food, great people, can be lots of fun and wonderful pay/benefits
Cons
Too strict of a time constraint to complete too many tasks on an all-too-frequent basis.
Overall not a horrible Job but not the best
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitehall PennsylvaniaMarch 8, 2016
I learned a lot from this job. But this job also gave me a lot of stress. After being promoted and relocated for different stores i was told I was not properly trained and felt that upper management was not giving me the resources needed to correct what was wrong.
Pros
1/2 priced lunces
Cons
poor guidance, High turnover rate at store location
Decent job, bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 21, 2016
It wasn't a bad job. Lots to do during a shift. Always were busy. Good benefits. But the managers at my store were awful. Never wanted to work with you to make you better. Lots of favoritism. Always promoted the wrong people. Half the time I would run the shift because the people they would promote were morons. The GM was very lazy, always sat in the office. Never would help. Only time she would step foot into the kitchen area was to scream at you for something. The least inspiring manager I've ever worked for. If you had good management, the job would have been better. For it being a "family company" they made their employees work holidays including Christmas. Constantly changing rules & policies. Regular customers were great, but there was a lot of bad ones too. Pointless monthly meetings. It was good money but not worth the stress or hassle. The only thing I miss is the paychecks & co workers.
Pros
Half off lunches, good pay, full time hours
Cons
Bad management, long hours, no room for advancement if you weren't a favorite, work holidays, not much work/life balance, weird shifts
Enjoyable Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Benson, NCJune 1, 2016
Sheetz was a huge change from my regular retail jobs, well those that I have been use to. Sheetz showed me a different side of retail. This particular company was more at a slow but fast past. It was less responsibility but interesting. I learned some of the fast food side of the business, the co-workers were amazing, and it was just a good company as a whole to work for. Unfortunately I had to relocate back to my home town and that is the only reason I am still not there. The associates and the customers that I got to know, where a charm to serve and work with.
Work Area/Co-workers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMarch 16, 2016
Sheetz had a positive outlook but there was a lack with good attitude and being happy to come to work. Although it was a very fast-moving environment, there was some sloppiness with getting work done fast and efficiently. The time management that I had with this company was very difficult, being that I was in college at the time.
Fast pace environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PA 16148August 18, 2016
The average day consists of making sure all previous tasks from the shift before are completed then moving on to your own. Being able to bounce between working up front and working in the kitchen to make sure the customers are highly satisfied. The job itself is enjoyable and you learn a lot really fast because you have to. The management is dedicated to making sure both employee and customers are happy.
Pros
One of the highest paying jobs in the area
Cons
Not getting breaks while working midnight
Sheetz Inc.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 18, 2016
Sheetz is a great place to start off in the food business at. It's very high pressure which is nice because you go to work feeling ready to get a days worth of work in. Management is organized and friendly to their workers. A typical day has one to two 'rush' periods, generally one during breakfast/lunch and then at dinner. During the downtime you can relax a bit, it's generally pretty dead depending on the location you work at.
Pros
Discounted food/friendly people
Cons
Hours aren't so good unless you're management