Sheetz Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Speaking the truth
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 28, 2017
The CEO's that started this company built on customer service and family and wanting to be team players and treat everyone like they are deserving. Should really do another show like Undercover Boss especially in the Lynchburg, Madison Heights, and Forest, Virginia stores. It would really show how things are truly run and how they current managers don't respect the employees that they have and that management shows a lot of favoritism when it comes to their best friends that they hire. And I would strongly advise looking into certain District Managers one in particular has harassed quite a few female employees
Its an "ok" job if your really not looking to do anything else with your life.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 27, 2017
Its a great job if you don't plan on doing anything else with your life. You are not paid by your knowledge or commitment. Lazy people will make the same as the hard worker. It can be stressful for over achievers.
Pros
1/2 off certain items when on the clock
Cons
To many to list
Good work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, VAAugust 26, 2017
Very fast paced environment, easy going co workers, great management, customers are friendly and makes the employees feel like it's home. Benefits are amazing.
Pros
Hourly wage
Cons
Fast paced enviorment
Fast-pace friendly work environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAAugust 25, 2017
Sheetz is a great place to work, typically is a fast pace, friendly work environment. Everyone has a good time and enjoys what we do. Can get busy at times but always have a good staff that knows what to do to help get the day to day tasks done efficiently.
Pros
Half Priced lunches, health benefits
Cons
20 minute break, although it is paid
Dont do it
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 24, 2017
The customers were the best part of the job the employees were the worst part managers would bad mouth employees to other employees they would pass along 3rd person information to make their non favorites look bad my store manager would drive another employee to work and be late more often than not then change their times in the system so they didn't get points horrible place to work
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else
too much stress
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portage, PAAugust 24, 2017
not compensated for all you do and what you put up with they expect way too much not enough help on shifts you need to be an octopus to juggle everything they expect

Comment – August 25, 2017

not currently there was a former employee didn't have an option for this

Only some departments love their jobs
24/7 department (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 23, 2017
Monotonous work day
Little to no career or professional advancement
Management played favorites
Management made a lot of empty promises to keep people stationary.
Poor management/corporate.
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAAugust 23, 2017
On average every day at Sheetz wasn't a bad job, the best part of the day was loving the people I worked with and never fighting with anyone. Worst thing about working there is that management failed to relay information to corporate. Average day consisted of prepping for the day, taking care of customers in between orders, doing other task work and helping coworkers when needed or available.
Pros
Fun work place, fast paced, enjoyable customers.
Cons
Short breaks, management, corporate.
Good work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCAugust 23, 2017
Greeting the Customer how to read people, and management is always there to help. Workplace culture is good. The hardest part is trying to complete a task when you have two or three call off. Most enjoyable part of the day that you have fun while you there.
Pros
Dont have to clock out for lunch
Cons
Take to long to join the 401k
Fun place to work but very stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 23, 2017
A typical day at work wasn't too bad during the summer because there were hardly any students in the area which meant less costumers. It was very hard to get a lot of things done due to a lack of employees but every daily task still managed to get done. I learned how to be a team player and quick on my feet. The management there was good, they were understanding of new employees and older employees knew what to expect when they came in. The workplace environment as a whole was excellent, I became friends with a lot of my co-workers because we were a team and recognized that early on. The hardest part of the job was getting the daily tasks done all while making made-to-order food for customers, answering their questions and helping them at the register all while trying to keep the store clean and stocked. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment, mostly everyone got along and it makes the day go by a lot quicker when you can make the work fun.
Pros
Work environment, Pay, Easy job once trained.
Cons
Location, Understaffed, Attendance Point System.
Great job with plenty of opportunity.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Linglestown, PAAugust 22, 2017
The hardest part of my job was working overnights, and the occasional stress to accomplish your tasks. Other then that it's highly rewarding and provides good benefits, and overall is a great starter job and long term career.
Pros
50% off MTO and select items while on the clock
Cons
only one 15 paid break for every 5 hours you work, meaning one per normal 8 hour shift
A great place for advancement and compensation!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 22, 2017
It was a great place to work and great learning experience. The district managers have it don't care attitudes and definitely could be more choosy on who they put in that kinda of position. They represent the company in a whole and there area. I think many of them let the job go to there head and forget about who is really losing in the situation. Which would be the customers!
Pros
Fast advancement, great people, great compensation
Cons
Slacked management, slighted customer service
Balanced and fun
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Red Lion, PAAugust 21, 2017
There are a lot of different things I had to learn. Unless they just decide they want you to cashier and make food, be prepared to learn truck, clean bathrooms, stock, prep, clean gas pumps, etc.
fun work place
Cashier/Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Lower Burrell, PAAugust 21, 2017
A typical day at Sheetz can be very busy and stressful. This job definitely has to come with someone that is patient and accepting.
Management is very well put together. I have learned that a happy customer will always be back when satisfied. The hardest part of the job is getting a customers order prepared and out with in the given time.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
night shift
Great company with unlimited advancement opportunities
Assistant Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Graham, NCAugust 21, 2017
This company with the right store manager, offers a fun albeit very fast paced working environment. Great service to customers is encouraged and rewarded. The benefits are outstanding, the pay is competitive and the opportunities to learn are unlimited. Great place to start a career in restaurant service.
Pros
excellent benefits, fun environment
Cons
can be stressful at times, long hours
Fast paced but exciting job
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  VAAugust 21, 2017
Starting pay for a sales Associate is $10 not bad at all. You get to meet a diverse group of people daily. You build a relationship with your return customers and your team. Shertz even offers rewards for long term employee. After 3 years they send you to a recognition cookout to celebrate your work. After 5 years (and every 5 following i.e. 5-10-15) they send you to a 3 day get away at "Sheetz Fest" in Pennsylvania!!
Productive employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 20, 2017
Management at the job I work for is very poor. The hardest part about my job is trying to please everyone and resolving conflicts. The most enjoyable part about my job is my coworkers. They make the time go by faster and easier throughout the day.
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAAugust 20, 2017
The co-workers are amazing and the company and like working with family. They truly do care. They go above and beyond to make sure their employees are truly happy.
Fast-paced yet fun
SALESPERSON (Current Employee) –  Princeton, WV 24740August 20, 2017
I love working at Sheetz, although I prefer 2pm-10pm and morning shifts to working overnights. It can be extremely stressful when we have a rush of customers, especially on the weekends. I always found a way to acquire more hours, but was never really scheduled many.
Had excellent benefits and great fast-paced work enviornment.
Salesperson/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, VAAugust 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Sheetz and wish I would have stayed at Sheetz. It was my first job and I didn't take it as seriously as I should have. I was late quite oftenand my points caught up with me. I learned quickly from that experience how serious having a job is and how much responsibility you must have to be successful at any job or career.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, decent hours
Cons
Low shift flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval