Sheetz Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27603May 25, 2016
This is by far one of the best companies I've worked for. They are inventive and ahead of the game and they treat their employees very well. There are great benefits and ample opportunities for advancement.
Amazing work environment very energetic and always on your feet for giving your best with customers
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVOctober 12, 2016
All and all amazing service quick fast and friendly service great benifits understanding manager polite customers quick problems solving great food professional food preparation for safety
Pros
Awesome benifits understanding manager amazing staff
Cons
Some dont like doing their jobs
Very good business to work for.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VASeptember 27, 2016
I can not imagine a major fast food company that could treat its employees any better than they do. With excellent 401k benefits, and great insurance options, I am sad that I am looking for another job. Unfortunately, there are always a few bad managers, but as a whole, Sheetz has the perfect idea on how to make employees happy.
How i can offer my service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 28, 2016
I'm outgoing love learning skills and having the opportunity to show off my work related advancements. bubbly attitude, great with other workers and also have receive an award for outstanding customer service skills .name was also put on the wall under excellence of customer service skills and how helpful i was with customers and all other employees.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 20, 2016
Sheetz is a great company with a lot of benefits to offer. 401k, Employee Stock Ownership Program, Medical, Dental, Vision, and multiple employee recognition programs.
Pros
Discount on and off the clock, Great benefits, Great pay for salesperson up to assistant manager levels
Cons
Poor pay for store managers, Very stressful environment for store managers
Fun and productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at work was making sure all food products were in order a long with all other products. I would talk with my staff and carry out food prep and orders all day. The management and co-workers were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was upset customers and correcting incorrect orders. The most enjoyable part was being able to meet new people and brighten their day along with regular customers.
Pros
Training new employees
Cons
understaffed sometimes
Decent work for decent pay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAJanuary 29, 2016
Never a dull moment with things constantly to do. The management when I was there wasn't exactly friendly. She didn't like to fire people, and constantly told us to "not let the door hit you on the way out" if we were not satisfied. Regional manager, however, was more supportive of us workers and kept a positive attitude. The work load was reasonable for the time given, though you need to be able to work at a physically quick and efficient pace. I loved working with my coworkers and teaming together through the rushes.
Pros
Discounts, 401K, semi-flexible hours
Cons
Wouldn't hire full-time, only part-time. Fast loss of hours. Can't keep steady employment.
The employees are very helpful and friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MDOctober 13, 2016
Coworkers will help and guide you and are very friendly and have fun the management is not very well organized. Every shift has a lot of work to do we all have problems with some of the managers
Pros
Discount and high pay for younger employees
Cons
Management doesn't communicate
Very productive and possesses high energy
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJanuary 11, 2016
My days at work consist of constantly working and doing what I can to contribute to the company. I learned many skills including customer service, paying attention to detail, following orders, respect, and also responsibility. The management is fantastic, they do their job well and responsively. However, they do not provide many hours. My co-workers are "the life of the party." They do everything they can to provide a nice work environment and bring people in as family. We work together and never leave someone out. The hardest part of the job is keeping composure when a rush comes in; although it is hard, I can push through it and do what is needed. The most enjoyable part of the day consists of engaging in conversation with not only the co-workers but customers as well.
Pros
50% off of lunch breaks, many benefits and high energy work environment
Cons
not a lot of hours
Some people were nice
Food Service Worker/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHFebruary 18, 2016
If you like working in a childish backstabbing Jr. High gossip environment. Then this is the place for you. If your over 20 years old move on. Find something else. Promotions are given to the younger employees. All of shift supervisors had been there an average of 2 years. We had store managers come in and close and lock office door for hours at a time. By themselves or with their good friends. Avoid this place if your not in high school or college Way to many things hidden by management from regular workers
Wolf in sheep's clothing.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 28, 2016
I worked at Sheetz for a time.the customes were awesome.The managers on the other hand is ques.The managers do not have your back.they let customers talk to you any kind of way,then try to resolve it after it starts a confrontation.Very disappointed..
Pros
Discounts and bonuses
Cons
Great potential with smaller stores, nightmare at larger locations!
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 27, 2016
I enjoy working with a good number of my co-workers the most, but that hardest part is the amount of tasks expected to be completed in the amount of time given, no matter how busy it gets. On slower days it isn't really a problem, as long as the entire shift knows what they are doing and is motivated to complete the tasks given. Other than that, don't expect it to be as easy as it may look or that there isn't more going on behind the counter than can be seen simply walking in for a few minutes.
Pros
Great food, great people, can be lots of fun and wonderful pay/benefits
Cons
Too strict of a time constraint to complete too many tasks on an all-too-frequent basis.
Productive job to learn and grow from
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27409October 5, 2016
learned a lot with customer service , great company to work for and loved my job. what i loved most was meeting new people. Management was very friendly and worked with me to my full potential
It's Ok
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Bellwood, PAMay 8, 2016
Works with college students well and tries to work with your schedule does have nice health benefits. Can be hard to work for when under staffed and no one wants to work. Management can be had to deal with sometimes.
Great place to Work
SALES PERSON (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 25, 2016
An amazing job to start at college and most of management is amazing. Only one supervisor in the multiple locations I have worked has ever given me a hard time or was rude to me.
Pros
50% discount on lunch and 10% off the clock for food and beverages
Cons
Not much
Sheetz Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Murrysville, PAApril 13, 2016
This job teaches you to work hard, you do have to work on holidays which for some people is a problem but they treat you well here. Sheetz truly makes you feel like part of a family giving you a Christmas bonus, as well as a quarterly bonus. The benefits are also great.
This company was great to work for because you knew what your duties were, communication was good, and the responsibilities were knew.
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Duncansville, PASeptember 19, 2016
I would recommend this company to anyone. I have really learned a lot from when I worked there. The job was hard and easy at the same time. The employees were nice, the customers were nice, and overall I had a good time working here.
Pros
10% discount on food if you were working, recognition for when you did good, and on your 5, 10, and so on you got to go to Seven Springs Resort.
Cons
Not enough time to get duties done, not enough help, and too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
very productive and well maintained
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 6, 2016
It was definently a good place to work they have several opportunities for everyone they work with u on scheduling and very employee friendly.they pay good.
Pros
good pay good benifits
Cons
short break
Crew Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 21, 2016
Store level management has high experience but low formal knowledge. Processes are simple at store level and are easy to perform and monitor depending on store volume.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Low Formal Knowledge
Great place to work and amazing benefits
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 29, 2016
Great place to work and friendly people
Very good training and awesome with scheduling
Upper managers are good at training
Also company really treats employees well
Benefits