Shell Point Retirement Community

Shell Point Retirement Community Employee Reviews

Good place to work and interact with residents
Tech Support Services (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 26, 2015
Work was good and was varied in what you did on any given job from assisting with products to repair of our facilities. Also on 24 hr. call for outages that effect residents safety
Excellent environment working with the elderly, their families, assisting the residents in medical, financial life care process.
Case manager/Social Worker/ Life Care coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Talking with the residents, assessing their needs, their happiness.
Cons: The tragedy which they have experienced in life.
Each day presented a new challenge. It is a fulfilling experience to assist the elderly in all aspects of their life.
The families of the residents showed great concern for the residents
welfare, happiness, and satisfaction.
As a social worker, case manager it was my duty, a chosen one, to be family to those without.
I worked also with the low vision group of residents, providing field trips, meetings and guest speakers whom educated and presented new technology.
The hardest part of the job was witnessing those who became totally incapacitated through injury, aging, dementia, depression, inactivity, and death.
Not a very good experience for me
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 30, 2014
I worked as a housekeeper and the residents were all amazing. The management there wasn't very good and they treat their employees like they are the lowest of the low. Like I said, the residents there were awesome. My co-workers were all great as well. We all pitched in when we needed to in order to get the job done.
Life is Beautiful
Rehab Care Technician (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 8, 2014
Pros: cafeteria has good lunch deals
Working with elderly is a blessing in a way. Shell Point is a great community for people who are in constant need for care. Shell Point residents enjoy there stay and are well taken care of by the nursing and CNA staff.

During my time working at the Shell Point retirement community, I have learned that it is important to take care of my self and be well. At times it is painful to see residents of – more... shell Point because they are in pain and there is nothing no one can do but watch them suffer. It is heart breaking to see 90 year old patient who can barely walk and they have to wheel oxygen tank with them because they chose to smoke for 30 + years.

I have learned that is extremely important to eat healthy and exercise daily to keep good health for the better. I feel that as one gets older health issues will rise but at least It is better to keep it to minim. Overall it has been great experience to be a part of the team at shell Point to help elders! – less
Good and Bad
Housekeeping Technician (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLNovember 21, 2013
Pros: i like the lunch part.
Cons: i enjoy the short break .
Shell Point is a nice place to work but the management is not so nice. a typical day at work can be like fishing. Some of my co-workers are very nice some are not so friendly. The hardest part of my job is cleaning the toilet. The most enjoyable part of my job is waxing the floors.
good quality of life for a retirement community
security officer (Former Employee), fort myers flOctober 11, 2013
check in cars at front gate. make patrols of property.
I learned how to deal with the public.
management did well for their employees
I had good co-workers
the hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the residents.
the most enjoyable part of the job was some of the programs put on
for the residents.

Great Residents
Facility Plumber (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 16, 2013
Pros: great location, discounted lunches at the employee cafeteria. great christmas bonuses provided by the residents.
Cons: human resource
Duties included preventive maintenance as well as emergency repair of all mechanical, commercial, multi family, and single family units.

Coworkers worked independent but when needed worked as a team to accomplish any given task.

Most of the Management is severely critical and at times very cynical of employees. There policy and procedures are implemented with a bias and malice approach.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with management.

The greatest reward working at Shell Point is the overwhelming appreciation you receive from the residents who you come in contact with on a daily basis.
Utility/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: free lunch, good food, and very nice co-workers
Shell Point is a good place to work I have learned so much from the people that I have worked with who have been doing the same thing for years. I would come in clock in say hi to everybody and begin working. I learned how to move at a fast pace and be able to close down the kitchen on time. Shell Point has very good management. The managers and supervisors do very good job helping and taking care of situations. My co-workers were very nice, very helpful, and knew how to get the job done right. There was really nothing hard about my job it was all easy. The most enjoyable part of my job was keeping everybody happy.
good hard working people yet management differs from department and strict guidelines depend on the manager there is no coheivesness to their Managmen
cook (Former Employee), fort myers flSeptember 26, 2012
Cons: gender bias.
Shell point has a lot to offer..very friendly residents. Great staff.
Fast pace and focus
Call Center Secretary (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 27, 2012
Pros: its a world of knowledge out there because there each one teach one
Cons: when your time ends, clock out, no overtime, it is not in the budget, therefore you will get an email about it.
My day usually starts off with answering a question from a co-worker, then grabbing a phone that is ringing. After which I am responding to a radio call, dispatching emergency work crew or general maintenance, getting my headset on and answering calls between responding and reading emails, creating work orders, service tickets, taking messages, transferring calls to different departments and responding to enquiries from residents or potential residents and families as well as doing other office duties as assigned by my supervisor. Lets just say if a fast pace office is not for you, then the call center is not the place you want to apply to. I love it though, I learned a lot.

Shell Point Retirement Community Salaries