Shell

Shell Employer Reviews

Overall Great work environment
Senior PDMS Mechanical IMPACT / Draft Designer (Current Employee), New OrleansMarch 30, 2015
SHELL has an overall fantastic work environment. Knowledgable staff that is always available to assist with any questions you may have.
Awesome place to work
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAMarch 27, 2015
Working at Shell was an incredible experience. I loved the friendly customers. The hardest part of the job was the long days. The job has taught me the value of even having a job and a lot about life in general.
not so productive at times
Cashier (Current Employee), Woodland, WAMarch 26, 2015
Sometimes the place is busy, sometimes it isn't. Management's always good, my co-workers are always fun to work with. I enjoy getting some reading done when I'm all done with everything, and there's no customers.
One of the top company to work for.
Warehouse/forklift operator. (Former Employee), Houston TexasMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, production recognition every month.
Cons: No rotation shifts.
An excellent company to work for.Great compensation and benefits.
But most important, their commitment to safety.Great coworkers, we had a great team!
Inventory Liaison (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: The team work, learned new things, salary, benefits.
Cons: lost job, work offshored
In this position I was the buffer between Manila and the Traders/Schedulers. Very good exposure in communicating with different levels of people in Finance And Trading. Was an enlightening and enjoyable experience. I missed the people
Busy but fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Canutillo, TXMarch 24, 2015
The people you work with will guide you in the right direction. The co-workers are fun and outgoing. The duties are quite simple but can get overwhelming at times. You'll have busy moments and moments where you'll have to find things to keep you busy. There is always something to do there.
Gas station
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at Shell was wonderful. the customers were friendly as well as my coworkers. the job was fairly easy, stock what had started to run low, run the cashier, and clean the parking lot. The hardest part of this job was the fact that i was in school and would be scheduled the days I attended class.
Ok company to work for.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MAMarch 23, 2015
Its great for someone looking to start a career in retail management or ending a career before retirement. Not great for longevity. They lack communication and direction with there staff, company wise they are making some big advancements with building and expanding there business they just need to do that with there staff.
Office workplace with simple tasks
OE Student program (Former Employee), Martinez, CAMarch 20, 2015
Wasn't exactly a "fun" job. The tasks were easy and the people were friendly and easy to work with. I did get to do some fun thing that the company got involved in. Most of it was boring, very little variety in typical day. Mostly did it to pay for flight training.
good management
Special Projects/ Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: noisy cubicles
Great co-workers. All were hard working. Fun company outings. I learn a little bit about SAP. Hardest part of the job was handling 9 people
Busy busy
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Junction City, KsMarch 10, 2015
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: often left alone to do the work of two peolpe
A typical day at work consists of daily cleaning, organizing products and interacting with customers.
Interacting with customers has taught me how to communicate better with people and how to manage unhappy individuals.
The management was so so and co-works were all very happy go lucky type of people but knew when they need to put there foot down and get the job done.
I hardest part of the job there was sometimes it was hard to get everything done and wait on customers because the turn over rate was so high I was often working alone.
The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the customers. They are normal people to and it's nice to be able to joke around with all the customers and still get the job done.
Innovative work place that promote independense, hard wrk, accountability in a team player cohesive environment
Supervisor One Card Team (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits and flexible work schedule
Cons: poor job progression
Flexible work environment that promotes hard work and accountability.
Recent migration to Global ERP system so addressing all issues as they arise and trying to ensure all work gets done timely.
Management is key to ensuring company direction is adequately communicated so all areas are aligned company-wide.
Co-workers are hard at work ensuring they can complete required task in required time frame.
The hardest part of job is the unknown issues that puts you in a more reactive mode instead of a proactive mode.
The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling the appreciation for all the hard work that goes into ensuring success for yourself, team and company.
SHELL OIL ,GAS . GOOD COMPANY
Machine Operator / Packer (Former Employee), Galena Park, TXMarch 9, 2015
PEOPLE WAS VERY POLITE AND HARD WORKING . LEARN ALOT WITH THE TIME I WAS THERE,MACHINE OPERATOR WAS GREAT EXPERINCE. WORKING THERE LIKE THE SKILLS I PICK UP WORKING THERE, LEARN HOW TO ALITTLE MORE ABOUT SHELL, HOW THE COMPANY KEEP A STRICT SHIFT.
GREAT PLACE TO START A CAREER
Logistics Coordinator, Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: parking
PROFESSIONAL ATMOSPHERE, GREAT COLLEAGUES; I JUST WISH I WAS NOT A CONTRACT EMPLOYEE DURING MY TIME THERE. GREAT PLACE THAT IS ON THE CUTTING EDGE.
Great place to get very varied expereince of the oil and gas industry
Marketing (Current Employee), HoustonMarch 4, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: talent management is very poor
Lots of businesses - downstream, upstream and midstream; but all in different silos.
Great work life balance if you have the right manager.
Great place to work that provides new expeiences and oppotunities.
Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: felt like i worked with close friends and family everyday.
Cons: middle management didn't always follow through with company goals.
Life at Shell wasn't monotonous. There is always a new challenge. The great thing about Shell was that no one was going to let you fail. Especially if you wanted to try something new and the company needed you. There was always help or support 24/7.
Laid Back
Cashier (Former Employee), Hope, ARMarch 3, 2015
Days can get busy.
Learned a lot about managing a business. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with your community on a daily basis!
low lvl job
Birch oil Company Manager of operations (Former Employee), mechnicavilleFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: low pay lots of stress
Bad employees that are unable to follow instructions even simple tasks need direct supervision. Outdated system for inventory control and ordering. constant on call and call ins to cover bad employees calling out.
Clean place with nice boss/Man
Cashier (Former Employee), Batesville, INFebruary 23, 2015
When opening; I took care of all procedures to open store by myself including:

Good customer service
Counting registers
store lights
Stock inventory
Fill cooler
Shift report
Great company with excellent benefits
Senior Communications Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great company and job stability
Cons: corporate bureaucracy
Job stability and benefit of working for one of the world's largest and most successful oil companies has it's obvious advantages. Great career and pension.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more

Shell Salaries