Shell Employee Reviews in United States

Continuous Learning Company
Electrical Discipline Lead (Current Employee) –  Al BaşrahApril 24, 2016
SHELL always has big investment for it's employee, everybody has unlimited range of development, in SHELL you can start as Technician and end as CEO.
Pros
Luxury life in the desert
Cons
28/28 days rotation
Great start to employment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2016
In the department I worked in, there were different occupations that offered learning. Co-workers were diverse and fun to learn from and work with.
Horrible boss.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAApril 19, 2016
The job itself wasn't so bad. The people that work there though, are stuck up and mean. I didnt mind working nights sometimes, but keep track of your hours because the employer there messed up my check a few times.
SAEP- Senior Authorized Electrical Person (Current Employee) –  OffshoreApril 19, 2016
Good place to work allows for plenty of time off. Good pay and benefits
Good working atmosphere its a small extended family out here
Productive workplace
Asisstant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 18, 2016
It has been a learning experience, sharing knowledge with other coworkers, but not the place I want to consolidate my career.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no healthcare insurance
long hours, low to avg pay,
Manager Gas N Shop (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 15, 2016
it no longer matters, the company i worked under is no more, they went under after a hostile takeover of the leasing company of the majority of the stores that ripped the leases out from under the company leaving only 6 stores and a heavy debt the stores could not maintain after struggling on for over a year they ended up closing
Above average benefits. Trend is to migrate jobs to service centers
Joint Venture Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2016
9/80 work weeks optional with nice co-workers. Many jobs moved to India and Philippine’s and will continue. Hardest part is movement of people rotating out of jobs and expertise is lost.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Slow to react
Friendly and Productive working environement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
People at this place show a lot of support and help for fellow co-workers. I saw many as family and as great mentors and role models.
Minimum effort for minimum wage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newberg, OR 97132April 12, 2016
Good place to start out, but the employees are entirely unmotivated and the upper management only seems to care about profits, and not whether the store is clean or maintained properly. Things would break quite often, and wouldn't be replaced or fixed for up to 6 months. Contains outside work in all weather conditions.
Pros
Friendly employees, friendly customers, easy work.
Cons
Second and third shift went without breaks despite it being Oregon law, store is in constant disrepair.
Productive & Active Environment
Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAApril 9, 2016
While working for this organization, the team building skills, along with continuous efforts in training was invaluable.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SC 29488April 8, 2016
I enjoy working here. I was a cashier that assist customers with gas and sometime i helped with inventory and I also kept the place neat and clean. I took money for the customers for there gas and other item as well and put it into the cash register.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
customers attitude
Smart and engaging colleagues
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2016
One of the best parts of Shell are your co-workers. The company culture is very welcoming and embracing. Diversity and Inclusiveness are essential parts of the Shell culture.
Amazing place to work
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Convent, LAMarch 30, 2016
Hours are extremely flexible if you can get your work done. Everybody was extremely fun to work with and micromanagement is not allowed.
Exciting job for entry level professionals
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
Began my accounting career with this company 1979. Company provided a competitive salary and superior benefits. Job culture was somewhat lacking in that management did not take advantage of employees' talents. Opportunity for advancement was extremely subjective.
Pros
Employee movement among organizations was very restrictive.
Cons
Great benefits
Shell Oil Company
Eng Assistant/Shift Supervisor/Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Norco, LAMarch 26, 2016
Without a doubt Shell is the best company to work for by a long-shot. There was so much room for advancement and the working environment was just wonderful. Met some of the smartest operators, Operations, Staff, Engineering and management people in my life.

Really sad when we were sold to UCC. Not a knock on Carbide, it's just that no one can come close to what Shell offered and the way they operated..
Funplace to work
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2016
Oil shell is a gas company nice place to explore our talent friendly atmosphere. I love to analyse the data given by the client and do the coding part
Great people
Pipeline Survey Instrument technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 21, 2016
Great work, great company! I enjoyed working and the project and the company and everything involved. I recommend working for them to anyone.
Offshore Team
Senior Completion & Well Invention Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 20, 2016
The offshore team was first class. They were hard working and eager to assist and do what was necessary to get the job done correctly and on time and budget.
Pros
Flex Friday
Cons
Poor work & life balance
Fun and interesting
gas station (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMarch 18, 2016
My job is to open which means set up all the hot foods turn on pumps take trash out make sure there is nothing wrong in the bathrooms they have all there products people need. The hardest thing is lottery I don't get it to much.
Pros
free food and drinks long breaks
Cons
busy
Very Productive environment
SEA/AP Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2016
Very calm releaxing high volume pace.

Learned several facets of SAP.

Management was very helpful.

Co-workers were nice.

The most difficult aspect of the job was keeping the quota.
Pros
Holiday acknowledgments