Shell Employee Reviews

Great place to work until business cycle slumps.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
Employees are incredibly smart and detail-focused people always striving for innovation and discovery. Lots of opportunity for advancement if you have a college degree, show initiative and look for ways to improve.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Layoffs
very fast paced, friendly environment
Gas Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, ORNovember 21, 2016
I loved working here at shell gas station. I met many new faces and also knew a lot of others who came in for gas or for drinks/food in the store. I would definitely work at shell again!
Pros
good hours, friendly customer service
Cons
mixed up schedule, work alone most the day
my first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilmer, TXNovember 16, 2016
I loved it I got to work with my friends and made amazing tips and I was able to enjoy being young and focus on my school weekends were crazy but the manager was awesome he made it fun to work there
Great workplace
Cashier/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  McKee, KYNovember 16, 2016
Working at Shell was a great first job. For me, a typical day at Shell involved working the register, counting money, and filing paperwork. The short time I was at Shell, I learned how to manage a store and caught on quickly. My managers were great to work with as well were my co-workers. Shell was such a great job and I enjoyed everything about it; there was not anything about shell that was hard.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Stocking
It was so nice and fun customers
Pump Attendant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 15, 2016
it was nice and fun to work here and all customers is nice nice and fun you're not gonna get bored here ..............................................
Challenging enjoyable work enviroment
HSE Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 14, 2016
I enjoyed the challenges of being the Shell safety supervisor on different offshore assets. It was at times challenging finding different ways to communicate potential hazards to the crews to keep them from becoming complacent. So I would work daily to find examples of incidents related to the work we were engaged in, I believe using visual examples of worst case scenario's would keep the crews attention in the pre-job meetings. I would have to say the hardest part is breaking through to the older guys to accept the ever changing safety procedures. I really enjoyed the challenges of this job but most of all the people I worked with.
Pros
Amazing food, good pay, great personnel
Cons
Being away from home
Free carwash
Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 13, 2016
Hardest part on working in a gas station are those homeless guys always hanging outside. My cashiers are friendly and fun to work with. My sales are always up because of them up selling and my promotions.
Challenging work and supportive environment
Human Resources Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2016
Great company to get lots of global foundational learning and support. Interesting to work for a Dutch company and requires lots of agility at times.
Pros
Benefits, compensation
Cons
Struggle with Work/Life Balance at times, Oil and Gas Industry is declining
co-workers
Application Developer/ Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2016
the co-workers here at veritas are so friendly and cool. We used to work as a good team in a friendly atmosphere and used to help each other at work
A job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHNovember 5, 2016
Inbetween kind of thing. Liked the husband who ran the place his wife not so much. I did safe drops and faced sodas. They were really adamant about dusting every two hours, seemed like overkill
I cashiered stocked and face shelves, nothing crazy.
Pros
Access to snacks while my girlfriend was trying to make me do the paleo diet. Ample downtime
Cons
Dead end gas station job
best work experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77079November 3, 2016
Excellent place for learning! I loved the work here, and the people everyone was treated great! The location was fantastic, I have nothing negative to say about this job!!
Busy, fast paced.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trinidad Fuel Stop, Trinidad, COOctober 30, 2016
We were not allowed to clock out for lunch or take any breaks. As soon as the summer rush was over they transferred me to another station, then layer me off.
Pros
Likes the people i worked with, kept busy.
Cons
No breaks, boring 3 a.m. in the morning.
Nice place to work
Sr. Trader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2016
A sometimes challenging and rigid culture. If you can find a way to create value and fit it its and excellent place to be. World wide opportunities for the right person.
Good place to work when price of oil is higher
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 27, 2016
You work a 14 days on 14 days off schedule good work place nice place to be on 14 days working
Work 12 hour days offshore
Only hard part waiting on helicopter on your last day
Great company to work in. Remarkable opportunity.
PDMS Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 21, 2016
Shell is a great company to work in. Good salary, perks, good work culture. Flexible timing etc. Job security is very bad due to the down turn in oil prices. Lot of projects are cancelled and lot of lay offs in 2016.
Pros
Working atmosphere, good people around. good management, good salary, flexible timing.
Cons
No job security due to cancellation of projects mainly due to the oil prices.
Franchise Employee
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  TampaOctober 19, 2016
This franchise has been bought and sold two times within one year. The owners have never owned a store before. It is a struggle working for owners with out any knowledge of the business.
Great Company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Antlers, OKOctober 17, 2016
Most days at shell were pretty routine and the schedules and chore lists that each of us had for the day were very well organized and planned out. Wonderful ownership and management and also very flexible with you
Pros
great management
Cons
i have non at this time
Laid back enviorment
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Galena Park, TXOctober 15, 2016
Safety is their number one priority which is a good thing for this company. No lost time in 4 years or so. Working here is laid back. Still a lot of progress this company at the Galena site has to overcome.
Pros
Eveyone gets along.
Cons
Union driven pay. The hardest working individual gets paid the same as the laziest.
fun work place
Cashier/Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIOctober 15, 2016
the best communication and feedback I've learned from my manager
and co-worker
the hardest part of the job that when i have to work double shift 3 times a week
Exciting workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAOctober 13, 2016
Provided the opportunity to expand project management skills as well as used my technology background.

Learned business analysis skills that will be with me for the foreseeable future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.