Shell Employee Reviews

Found 1,372 reviews matching the search
Roller Coaster Ride
Development Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2017
Networking is critical. Better to be a manager than individual contributor. lots of change in strategy, and that translates to a constant tension with staffing levels.
Pros
Great Work, Industry Leader
Cons
Lots of Change
Relaxed
cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MSAugust 20, 2017
Had two different titles. As a kitchen worker and as maintenance they were both nice positions and had set hours. but required heavy workloads and lots of attention.
Free coffee
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 15, 2017
You have to work weekends and holidays, good co workers
shell
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 14, 2017
I really like working there the people were awesome and it was busy and that made the day go by so fast also it was a small store so it was really easy to clean.
Pros
discount
Cons
has beer runs
Ok company
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 14, 2017
This is an ok company but they only offer benefits to management after a year. Their full time is 37.5 hours a week and that is not enough hours to get any benefits.
Good Pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAAugust 14, 2017
I worked at Shell Gas Station right after Hurricane Katrina. In 2007 i came ill and could not work. My manager check on me and keep in contact with my mom. I really like this job but my manager decide to move.
Great place to workk. Safe and friendly environment
Treasury Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2017
Great place to work! The facility provides a pleasant environment, whether you take a walk during lunch inside or outside, with lots of trees and walking trails throughout the grounds. Enjoy the on-campus cafeteria, fitness center, putting green and employee lounge.

The most enjoyable part of the day is the people I work with, having worked here for many years, we've become family. Sharing family stories of what happened this past weekend, end of school, summer camp, and now the beginning of school year.
Pros
free fitness center
Cons
not many lunch options unless you go off campus
Unprofessional on-site management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2017
Sexist manager, low pay, unreasonable expectations of maintenance to be done by cashiers, frequently understaffed/overworked, intimidation tactics used in place of motivational tactics
Good for the job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 11, 2017
I would like to go to this school and teach all the students and teach them what I learned when I was in school and I know they are good so I want to work there
Absolutely terrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 9, 2017
At the time of my employment, the management was absolutely horrible. There was lying, stealing, and over all chaos. Upper management did absolutely nothing, except turn a blind eye.
Gas Station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 9, 2017
This is an okay place to work. It is very easy work. All you do is clean, stock and take money from customers on the products that they bought. You are just on your feet for 8 hours a day.
Change of management
Cashier, Stock, Clean (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCAugust 8, 2017
Shell is the only place that i have worked in my experience that can not keep anyone. The Management alone in the 3 to 4 months i was there changed three times.
My time with Shell Gas station
Assistant manager, Inventory management (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 7, 2017
I was with Shell Gas station a short while when i got promoted to an assistant manager. I enjoyed the work i did there. The customers made for a fun-filled day while i still got to help them with anything that they may have needed. I will always miss my customers from my time there,
The money was ok i guest
cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2017
I wouldn't recommend working for shell..no paid time off for emergencies...worked like a slave for little money.no paid vacation either....i had to work by myself most days.
I enjoyed working at shell very much so
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CAAugust 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at the . The area manager was a bit young so he didn't know what he was doing, but other than that, I loved that job. The area is nice and the people are eh, it could always be worse!! I worked my way up to manager
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Liberty, KYAugust 3, 2017
Really laid back workplace, got pretty stressful at times. Like real real fast paced, had pretty good discounts like for family and yourself if you were hungry.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No break
I liked the customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Porter, TXAugust 3, 2017
Working at shell was good. I liked my regular customers. I didnt like my boss he played favoritism. They fired the assistant manager and gave me all her work with out the job title or the pay.
MAINTENANCE INFRASTRUCTURE CIVIL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 3, 2017
Shell is a great place to work with benefits equal too are better than most in the industry. I enjoyed my job and was able to retire with a successful career. Very balanced work environment.
Benefits
Cons
Young engineers
fun work place
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 2, 2017
I would like to see better benefits . Employees don’t get recognition , if employees are hired as full time we should be able to work a full time schedule not just 25 hours or less a week . Only reason why I plan on leaving .
Nice place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDAugust 1, 2017
That was my first job. it was my first time to work on a system and software based register for sale. Its helps me a lot to deal with different people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.