Shell Employee Reviews

steady calm
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ALOctober 19, 2017
this job was actually a good job... the people were nice and you made your hours every week. the only thing negative about the jhob was night shift had creepy people coming in off the interstate
Pros
clean calm
Cons
night shift is slow
If you have good management, you will love it!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GA 30240October 19, 2017
I left this company due to pregnancy complications while on the clock and no one came in to relieve me so I locked the doors and left to go to the hospital. I had a really good manager when I first started but he moved on to greener pastures and I got a new manager. The new manager had no clue what she was doing and ultimately was the reason why I left.
Great people to work with. Really good benefits
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2017
Management could be slow in decision making and communication not always good. People in the field were great to work with. Very collaborative and worked well as a team.
Pros
Benefits and field people.
Cons
Not great communication from top down.
fun place to work
Owner/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 18, 2017
It is great place to work. My all co worker are nice and friendly environment.It is fast pace company to work with. very flexible hours and paid vacation
Good but still very political
Supply Chain Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
Working at Shell is great as far as the job and responsibilities that you have on a daily basis. The 9/80 program is very people friendly. The pay and Benefits is more then fair and above market rate.

You can only stay in your current position for 4 years, after that time period you must find another position within the company. This process can be very much who you know. During this time (looking for your next position) and bad economy (Lay-off's) the connections you have established and the good old boy relationships you have established will be critical to your career.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Layoff every 3-4 years
Constant change/good benefits
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
Shell is constantly changing. People move around too often to be effective or accountable. Managers are promoted for diversity sake and not skill. There is no job security with constant offshoring and reorganizations. They want very young people and let go of very talented, experienced employees quite often.They do pay well and the benefits are great. Bonus determinations are very subjective.
Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 17, 2017
Worked with customers to get them gas and others items within the store. Management was the hardest thing to deal with, but it worked for what I needed it for.
nice place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 16, 2017
My manager was a delight to work with. I enjoyed that the job dint just consist of cashier work and cleaning. Responsibilities were based on time worked in the store.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAOctober 16, 2017
Arrive at work and get the information as to what is going on. Run cash register, gas pumps and lottery. Costumer service. Clean. Stock shelves as needed. Inventory. Unload supply trucks. Count and document cash drawer
Pros
Clean place to work, insurance benefits
Cons
Can get busy
reading News paper
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2017
I start my day by opening my shift , and serving my customers with a big smile helping anyone needs help using their credit card inside or outside the store .
Pros
free beverages
Cons
20 minutes lunch 15 minutes bathrooms
A Day at the Gas Station
Clerk/Merchandise Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 14, 2017
There are various times of the day when the gas station becomes very busy. I enjoy seeing many of the repeat customers and have become friends with some customers.

Certain management type responsibilities such as ordering and reconciling tobacco and lotto sales occur on specific days. When these tasks need to be completed and the gas station is busy, it can become difficult to complete the tasks as the interruptions can be constant. Although this occurs at times, I am readily able to complete the tasks at hand with the interruptions on time.

Management allows me to have time off from work for personal reasons and to enjoy family time.

I feel limited in this position as there is no growth potential. As the first shift clerk, I have the responsibilities to run the shop and ensure things run smoothly.
Pros
enjoyable working with the public
Cons
no paid time off
Empoyeement
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2017
More than 40 hours available to work. Management was poor, by lack of training and was not friendly. workload was more than bearable. No benefits and no PTO.
Produtive and fun place to work
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2017
Overall Shell is a enjoyable place to work, management works hard to complete jobs projects and the employees are team players with each other department.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fast Paced
Third Party Inspector (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
Some weeks the work was over flowing and with like all the other oil companies there would be down time. I believe that Shell is a strong company and would refer anyone to work for them.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Slow work weeks
Educational and innovative place to work
BOOST Internship (Former Employee) –  Robert, LAOctober 11, 2017
Learned an overwhelming amount of skills pertaining to the oil and gas field. This internship was specific to production systems, programming, troubleshooting.
Valuable experience
Data Scientist Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
I worked as an intern during the summer at Shell. It's an valuable experience. There are full of talented people working at shell. It's nice talking to them and I gained rich professional experience through this experience.
Gas station was the spot to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 10, 2017
This was one of my best Jobs I had. Really enjoyed it and like this job. Just the actual manager thought I was her slave and made me do everything even her job. She didn't want to give me a raise cause I wasn't bilingual and was giving everyone else raises it was just trash there. She didn't like the fact I didn't know Spanish. The first manager was dope but had to leave to have her baby. The replacement just didn't have it for me
Cashier work
Cashier/stock/shift lead (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 10, 2017
Shell is a very fast paced fun environment to work in. It was a great part time job when I was still in school. It was flexible with my schedule and allowed time for me to study and work.
good
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  PKOctober 9, 2017
don't have much to say except that it was good to work at this firm and helped me to grow and push myself more and senior management was respectful to their employees
it a place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Platteville, COOctober 7, 2017
i don't know it just a place to work it can be fun, or a bad place to work it just depends on the day and who is there. the manager is very fun with she is not in a bad mood.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.