Shell

Shell Employee Reviews

na
Manager (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: manager
Cons: too many hours for no pay
the location i work at is in a nice place ,I have an office outside the main business which could be dangerous. the locfation is on a corner lot which gets a lot of traffic. the business should be upgraded and renovated and brought up to modern times.
not so busy everyday, love my coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Rita, GUAugust 20, 2015
Pros: good benefits (insurance, gas allowance, quite environment)
Cons: no growing oppurtunity
I always need to find something to do everyday specially if my boss is off island. Not a busy environment. I love my coworkers
Great balance between big-company security and fun, fast-moving projects
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Delivery LeadAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Great work culture. lot of exposure to new assignments and domains
Cons: Work life balance
A great organization with good work culture. Lot of scope to grow and quickest way to learn new things. Strongly committed to employee and environment safety. It has a very diverse culture, expect to meet and talk with new people.
awesome job
Cashier (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXAugust 16, 2015
Pros: great work place
Cons: no breaks
loved working here! favorite job so far. very laid back and a lot of fun. not too much work. friendly co workers good management. great work envorinment
Very fast-paced enjoyable work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 10, 2015
I would typically assist with customers ringing up their items, gas.
Continuously kept the floor stocked, clean & orderly.
replenished the beer cooler, coffee, and food (hot dogs, taquitos)
Hardest part was keeping customers calm during cash pick up or drop off. I enjoy everything about this job, its was a enjoyable experince
Cashier (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: No breaks
I would come in and clock in and start counting my till to get shift change done, then make sure everything is stocked. The hardest part was when the computers would go down.
Not a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Close by my place of residence
Cons: Not enough pay not enough hours and co workers were not nice
Shell didn't have the means to be a great work place.
The management team needed to be improved. However I enjoyed the customer interactions.
Professional work environment with pleasant co-workers
Auditor (Former Employee), Dairy-Ashford at I-10August 4, 2015
Typical day working independently paying invoices assigned with a goal of 275 processed weekly. Working with network administrators to get invoice issues corrected to be paid in a timely manner. Learned to manage time during the week to attain the goal set. Management was disciplined to making sure we stayed on task. Co-workers were friendly and easy to work with as a team. Hardest part of the job was adjusting to working a 45 hr. week and the most enjoyable was that the week ended every Friday at 10 am.
It's a good job if you have school
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cypress, TXAugust 4, 2015
Working for shell was very demanding for such little pay, there was no schedule security and if the manager is short workers prepare to work a lot of hours with no days off.
Suppervision
Construction coordinator (Former Employee), Baytown, TXAugust 3, 2015
The Shell supervision I reported to were very easy to talk to and work for. I personally did not have any real issues. They also area family first group. Really treated me very well.
Great place, Great people
Editor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, nice office layout, very professional atmosphere, emphasis on safety
Cons: They say working at SHELL makes you unemployable elsewhere... It's true. No one wants to leave!
Everything about SHELL is top notch... The "only" 3-star job security rating has less to do with SHELL's management and more to do with the cyclical nature of the industry. The 2015 slump in the price of oil has taken pretty much everyone by surprise, and both SHELL and the contracting company that hired me on their behalf (U.P.) have done all they can to keep me on board.

Last year I would have given SHELL Job Security 5 stars... The "new normal" of the marketplace sadly makes a 5-star rating in job security for ANY company somewhat unrealistic, so I don't think it's fair to evaluate a company's merits on job security anymore.

Hopefully I make it through this rough patch, but if I don't, it will be directly related to the new emerging difficulties of the petroleum industry.

I have learned a great deal about 3D modeling at SHELL, as well as producing effective presentations on a tight budget and timeline. I was able to conceive and develop some very successful safety campaigns in-house, which was a thrill to be a part of.
Nice, clean, and friendly work environment.
Cashier (Current Employee), Fayetteville, WVJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Fast paced
Cons: No benefits
You start your work day by getting your register counted and ready to use. There is normally multiple people per shift, so you either start on the tasks list or wait on customers while your co-worker starts on the tasks list.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people you get to meet, even though you only see them for a few minutes or so, you wait on hundreds of people a day.
enjoyed my coworkers
Server, line help, food prep, trainer (Former Employee), indianapolis indiana kentucky aveJuly 23, 2015
Pros: the employees
Cons: not family oriented
The owner wasn't family oriented and was not understanding about family matters. I had to leave because I had a family matter I had to attend to and was told if I did then I would no longer have a job.
Confused and Illdefined
Rotating Equipment Delivery Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee), New OrleansJuly 23, 2015
Speaking only for the management in my department I was surprised by how confused they were. Procedures and job responsibilities seemed to change weekly and you could not turn to management for clarification.
part time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJuly 20, 2015
it was a part time job but was worst than a full time job because I was the experienced worker and had to do a lot over time to cover the new coming members. the hardest part on the job was the delivery of the inventory.
Exciting and highly growth oriented place to work in.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Ability to explore variety of other opportunities, free training, network organizations with sports activities, flexible working hours, free lunch with supervisor and mentors
Cons: limited sport facility for exercising, small clinic in the complex for health attention running for short hours
Productive and a great environment to achieve your life time goal building a career of your choice. Co workers are always ready to teach you and also learn from you. Great team work exhibited. Supervisor will always assist in any way possible to help you grow and excel. Hardest part was understanding electrical drawing but my supervisor and PV body made it quite easy within a few weeks.
Productive, and engaging
Site Manager (Current Employee), Madera, CAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Meals? Free!
Cons: Limited Breaks
From start to finish, always something to fix, move around, and just arrange to make the facility look great inside and out.
Great experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJuly 10, 2015
As an assistance manager, I was able to learn skills such as leadership, effective communication, and confidence in my abilities. I enjoyed interacting with others. The hardest part was interacting with difficult customers and employees but I was able to learn from these experiences and communicate in a more effective manner.
Very Productive
AP Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Off every other Friday
Cons: Far away from home
Heavy workload but managed to distribute accordingly. Great assistance from management when co-workers were difficulte to deal with. Great bonuses.
Decent working environment with ebb and flow of ticket flow
IT Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Great Team
Cons: Lots of tickets at once at times
Ensure all customers are contacted

Set appointments with customers

Diagnose and repair hardware issues

Ensure parts are ordered, used, and returned in a timely fashion
Headquarters