Shell Employee Reviews

Found 1,227 reviews matching the search
Cashier/customer service/stocking and clean up.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  1001 Crestwood blvd Birminham Al 35210April 24, 2017
It was a learning experience,lots of work ,very dangerous. I learned strength, caution,and organization. It was hard but rewarding. Not much team work but it was a challenge.
Pros
There were good friendly people every day.
Cons
Lonely/lots of stocking/may get robbed.
Great place to work definitely have to be a people person always talking with customers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort walton beach floridaApril 23, 2017
Typical work day is making sure the store is clean still and setup before customers come. I learned you have to be patient with people so many different personalities. Learned how to close the store for the night by myself didn't think I would be able to. Management was great always helpful never had an issue always got compliments about my work. Hardest part was learning how to ring things up and having to learn how to fix an issue when something didn't ring in correctly. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and the coworkers.
Pros
For lunch you could bring your own or clock out and buy something there.
Cons
Rude people sometimes and co workers not showing up. Not great benefits
OK job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holgate, OHApril 23, 2017
Ok job when it comes t hours they try to be flexible but sometimes they are just understaffed. Great to interact with customers and get to know regulars
good place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
I worked at Shell for 10 year right out of college. it was a good company to work for and I learned a lot. I managed to have various jobs that were challenging and rewarding.
Balanced workload, Decent pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILApril 20, 2017
Nothing complicated about the job. Taking care of customer issues at the pump, or inside. Filling propane tanks, anywhere from 20lb tanks to full size RV's.
Okay not okay
Front Clerk Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2017
Worked for this company waaay too long in fear of not finding another job. Waited so long til I got fired for oversleeping after working a double shift. Was there for them when they needed me the most but weren't understanding. Not saying all gasoline stations operate the same just your luck on who the owners are.
Pros
Unlimited soda refills with your own cup
Cons
No breaks, Asian owned
Fun and productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
I loved it here! The engineers and Administrative staff were really nice! I made lifetime friends there and they really help you advance and work with your schedule!
Pros
People, pay
Shell Gas
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 18, 2017
This job is entry level and fast paced. Many things to do at this gas station. Many opportunities to learn on the job things such as filling propane tanks.
fun and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 17, 2017
Was a very productive day,I always give the best customer services to everybody. The best management people I ever work good coworkers and excellent place to lear.
Rewarding
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 17, 2017
It was a job I took on because it was close to home and offered steady hours. The work was hard and long but rewarding. Other employees and I worked well together.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
My personal experience wasn't very good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 16, 2017
I worked at Shell for 5 years and it was a tough job mostly because of bad scheduling, and customers being rude and taking out their problems on you. I would still suggest people work there because it is a job and they are always hiring but don't expect to go very far with the company, if you can work there until you find a good job it is a good inbetween job because it does pay the bills but it won't support a comfortable lifestyle.
Pros
It pays
Cons
If you are working alone you have no times for breaks or lunches.
One owner to the owner
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MSApril 16, 2017
After things changed to the new owners the store started going down hill. Things definitely were better in the past. They should definitely consider better security.
Pros
Amazing customers, vender relationships
Cons
Not enough to cover shifts, security was trash.
Learn how to run register stock an customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCApril 15, 2017
It is a good place to work meet a lot of people in your area lot of stocking customer service you stand on your feet for long periods of time working with the public can be fun and stressful but I am a very social person so I love it
Lots of customer interactions
There was only one clerk on shift (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIApril 15, 2017
Day in and day out you met a lot of awesome people, the only downfall was how many hours a day you worked and the scheduled shifts more than likely I was closing down at midnight. As a single girl at the time it was not safe.
Very professional work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 14, 2017
Shell Oil Products is the best company to work for. I'd say a privilege. A typical day was the usual office admin duties. Faxing, copying, printing, running errands, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
Job was great management not so much
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 14, 2017
The whole NOT set schedule thing was really the only thing I did not like other than that the job was great I always got paid on time good pay great employees
Cons
Scheduling was horrible
Very laid back work environment but rarely get off work on time.
Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 14, 2017
This company will let you get away with just about anything but stealing, but because they are so laid back the chances of the next shift showing up on time is not good.
Didn't enjoy boss treatment
Cahier (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAApril 13, 2017
Love my job as a cashier , but didn't love to feel unwanted!
I'm used to work as a team and individual , unfortunately here they work in a different way. I wish my ex boss would of appreciate my efforts.
Pros
Cons
Left too soon, :( .
Fun Work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2017
The best part of the job was the co-workers that I had. Everyone got along with everyone and were reliable with each other. I also like interacting with the customers there and there was also a lot diversity in the place.
Pros
Postive atmosphere
Cons
No benefits
Morning daily job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Crosby, TXApril 9, 2017
I was doing working over there caz it was helping me to take care of my bills while i was going to college. Never have not problem with anyone. more likely i try my best to solve thing around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.