Shell

Shell Employer Reviews

Very professional and enjoyed working with my co-workers
Customer Service Professional II (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 15, 2014
It was a high volume of calls location and gain plenty of skills.
Management and workers shared job responsibilities
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2014
Overall environment with management and workers was very good and always open for improvement
Productive work
Cashier (Former Employee), Warrior, ALApril 8, 2014
Pros: helping people, talking to them
Cons: cleaning up especially the bathrooms
Typical day at the shell was clocking in, cleaning, preparing food. I loved all my co-workers! I am a very friendly likeable person. There's not a lot of people who do not like me. Management was amazing, i loved my boss.' The hardest part was mainly constantly picking up after people. The most enjoyable part were my co-workers.
I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Contract employee (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2014
Document review of materials to determine time frames regarding whether they were ready for destruction or if they were to be kept because of audits, lawsuits, etc.
Hard Work & Crazy Hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no benefits 401k
A typical day at the job is not to bad, cleaning customer service and dealing with all types of people.I learned a lot of things here at this job: Money Handling, Inventory, Customer service, dealing with vendors and many more. All co-workers were very kind and respectable. The hardest part of the job is the hours you have to work because you don't – more... get a set schedule. The most enjoyable part of this job is all the people you get to encounter with. – less
i loved working there
Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Drums, PAMarch 31, 2014
i worked for a whole day on vehicles..
it was here where i found passion in engines and decided to try aircraft engines.
the hardest part was that we had to use old tools to work,chalenges daily
i enjoyed some part of the job
Design Intern / Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), GAMBAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks and healthcare
Analysis of oil after production and befor loading it in tankers.

I leaned more about oil: composition, production, and storage.
My manager was good and fun. Very simple man.

My co-works were great. I thing it was the best team.

The hardest part of job was when I went to the levy on different sites. I must to be very very fast.

The most enjoyable – more... part of job was after to finich loading a tanker. that used mean the job was good – less
Very busy and productive
Document Control (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 27, 2014
Working here is very challenging I like a challenge and I like to stay busy.
Serious work place, but had it's fun moment's.
Cashier, Stocker (Former Employee), Lake, PAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch, good service, decent pay check's
I alway's was able to put a smile on a customer's face. It was such a small town that we was able to remember everyone and knew what they wanted. There was never a dull moment at the shell. I learned how to make the customer's want to come back. We competed with another gas station up the road named Sheetz. It was a friendly competition due to the fact – more... we (my co-workers) knew most of the co-workers at Sheetz. Occasionally they took a few of our customer's, but we gained some of there customer's. The hardest job I had to do at the Shell would have to be closing the store down. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make the customers happy and satisfied. – less
I enjoyed working for the company
Sr. Office Asst - Special Projects (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2014
Shell provided the opportunity to enhance job skills. Management looked after their employees, respected the employees, and gave opportunities to grow.
It was not fun
Fuel Attendant (Former Employee), Aloha OregonMarch 23, 2014
I didn't mind being a fuel attendant but I did mind all the back stabling of the employees and the management
learned to work with public
cashier (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXMarch 22, 2014
learned people skills how to interact with the public and cashier lottery and responibilty
A typical day
Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2014
What a great place to work. The people are fantastic, the company culture is great and the opportunity to learn new things and grow is always there if you want it. I thoroughly enjoyed working at Shell and would return there in a heart beat.
Fun, exciting experience
Systems Analyst, Shell Trading (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 15, 2014
Management involved in employees day-to-day activities. Everyday different and exiting. Worked with intelligent, knowledgeable people. And enjoyed learning new, exciting things.
I had the opportunity to learn a lot from this business.
Cost Accountant / Assistant Controller (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 15, 2014
I had the opportunity to learn a lot from this business; also I was exposed to different areas of the oil indutry.
Shell is a great place to work
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 11, 2014
A typical day involved communicating with a lot of people to get the job done efficiently. I have learned a lot about the drilling and completion process. The management is great everyone is always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is having to look into old information that may be unavailable at times. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... for me is doing all the research in order to get to the end results. – less
Shell is another nice company in terms of work, job security,management, job, and compensation, i rate them 597\ 600
from rousrabout to floorman (Former Employee), At otumara,abiteye and sapele-west and opucushi .March 10, 2014
i like them due to safety standard job culture and job security, the company have well organised forward plan schedule which made the work so easy for driller,s to preform work without stress.
Very relaxing, positive place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant - Internship (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 10, 2014
This was a internship in HS
- Respectful adults toward a student
- Work load was adequate to time frame
My Job at Shell
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 6, 2014
Pros: hours, co-workers, and free soda
Cons: insurance, rate of pay, and no vacation
I get to work at 4:15am and I start the reports from the computerized register, first I clock in from the register, I then write down the scratch tickets numbers and amounts on a paper provided I start the coffee pot and tea pot. Then at 5 am I open the store for the public.
Management is great, my boss is very supportive and understanding when it comes – more... to the job and my schedule.
My co-workers are great, I get along with all of them, and we have fun at work.
I want to say the hardest part of my job is the customers who aren't very happy, whether it's their personal life that makes them grouchy or the weather, it's been cold lately and it makes everyone mean.
The most enjoyable part of my job is every day is different, even if I see the same people everyday, I love my job and I want another one just like it. – less
Great experience
Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free fountain drinks
Cons: no reg.lunch breaks
Working on cash register and serving lotto customers.Having great customer service account for having a good day.Management work team was efficient it operating each day.The hardest part of the job was haven no benefits.Working with my team was the enjoyable part of the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more