Shell

Shell Employer Reviews

low lvl job
Birch oil Company Manager of operations (Former Employee), mechnicavilleFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: low pay lots of stress
Bad employees that are unable to follow instructions even simple tasks need direct supervision. Outdated system for inventory control and ordering. constant on call and call ins to cover bad employees calling out.
Clean place with nice boss/Man
Cashier (Former Employee), Batesville, INFebruary 23, 2015
When opening; I took care of all procedures to open store by myself including:

Good customer service
Counting registers
store lights
Stock inventory
Fill cooler
Shift report
Great company with excellent benefits
Senior Communications Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great company and job stability
Cons: corporate bureaucracy
Job stability and benefit of working for one of the world's largest and most successful oil companies has it's obvious advantages. Great career and pension.
Good Workplace
Store Clerk (Current Employee), Hacienda Heights, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: hectic enviornment
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work would be helping and assisting all customers with their needs.
I learned how to work better under hectic circumstances.
Great Company
Student (Current Employee), TexasFebruary 15, 2015
Great company to work for. Great communication about the workers. Very challenging projects.Good people; flexible work schedule;(work - life balance; laid back atmosphere
Good for a first job.
Food and Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Inwood, IowaFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Cons: few hours, low wage.
Days started with opening the store. Preparing food and drink for customers. Throughout the day responsibilities ranged from cashier-ing to sanitation to book keeping. Co workers were typically other younger employees with little work experience. Management was usually someone who was the remaining senior employee at the establishment aside from the owner(s).
offshore work is real important
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Fourchon, LAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: away from family
shipping and receiving data entry checking out equip to make sure all the parts are the same as the paper work. load outs for equipment took some times all day 100 lifts or more and had to check every part for correct lifting slings
Large Company, great benifits
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), Houston TxFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: 9/80 work schedule
Cons: n/a
Critical work environment, dangerous chemicals. HSE safety hazards, follow PD&I drawings work with engineers and lab technicians.
Loved the manager, Love my customers
Clerk (Former Employee), Bastrop, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great manager
Cons: no benefits, minimum wage
My manager with this company was always willing to help us out when we needed a day off. I loved meeting new people and helping people out. I got along with all of my co workers, it was a fun place to work at.
Met cool people, learned a lot
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Granby, COFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: i was making friends and having fun
Cons: it was only a summer job
After setting up for about 25 minutes, finally get to interact with customers. Learn about different cultures and lifestyles as people come from around the world just to buy jerky.
The staff are talanted
RTA Permian Basin HSE Manager (Current Employee), Midland TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good benafits
Cons: micro manager
The position helps plan, develop, implement and monitor programs to ensure compliance with Shell policies and procedures and all local, state and federal regulations,My responsibility is to reduce the frequency and severity of injuries, motor vehicle accidents, property damage losses, and environmental releases. I'm responsible for performing Owner’s Team assurance activities associated with oversight of Contractors onshore/offshore logistics planning and execution processes for transport of Contractor procured materials for large major capital project. Provide strategic/ tactical input and guidance to project logistics manager, procurement managers, business teams and EPC Contractor regarding off-shore/onshore logistics, export compliance, host country customs regulations and import formalities. Collaborate with Project Team to develop Logistics standard/ HSE polices and procedures and templates to be utilized for onshore/off-shore logistic planning and execution. Support review and assessment of Shell Contractor's contracting and transportation strategies and processes as part of the project execution planning with emphasis on local infrastructure of origin port or local area of operations. Responsible for ensuring Contractor meets project logistics milestones and adheres to logistics budget. I help shape safety leadership with exposure to Shell's safety culture. I present ideas and communicate effectively across all levels of management.Most of all I work with my Team to develop a safe working environment..
Great Work Culture
Cognos Report Net Developer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Great work place and amazin place to learn the stuff coz of large work pressure and made lot of great friends during my contract here..
Shell is an excellent Company
Senior Risk and Assurance Consultant (Former Employee), houstonFebruary 3, 2015
I love working for this company it has a good safety culture and management is great. I had the opportunity to work on risk management for Shell and they not only treated me very nice but also gave me the freedom to help define certain processes.
Was really fun to work there
Cashier; Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 2, 2015
I liked working at the gas station, except when it got busy, but I still liked it. The managers were great but the company sold out to someone else and they changed are pay from one week to bi-weekly, and even tho we were full time they were giving us part time hours and at minimum wage was hard to pay bills that i owed money on so found work at sitel and gave two week notice at the station.
Dream job!
Executive Editor (Former Employee), The NetherlandsJanuary 22, 2015
There is nothing that I didn't like about this assignment. I was given a clear assignment and the freedom to make it happen with lots of support from many groups and individuals.
I loved being a cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate, cook (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJanuary 21, 2015
I love working with people and making them happy by just being helpful and nice to them.
great work environment
Management (Current Employee), Dundee MiJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexable work schedual
Cons: no breaks and expensive benifits
A typical day at work can be stressful but we have great management. You have to deal with many different people and learn to just look the other way. If you enjoy interation with people and can keep calm under stress then this is a great job to have.
Store manager
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), deerfield beach FLJanuary 20, 2015
Daily operations, money management, payroll and inventory.
• Customer service and merchandising.
• Working within sales targets and budgets.
• Employee hiring and training.
• Management training for company expansion.
• Following and maintaining company policies and procedures.
• Maintaining company equipment.
loved my job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Crete, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: sold out
I loved every minute I was there and if the company had not sold out and sold off their stations I would still be there and still loving it. I had an awesome Manager that taught me so many things and was the direct reason for all my management success and the drive for more that he installed in me.
Good fun job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kings Mills, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Great job, always fun meeting new people, every day was a different experience

1 2 3 4 5

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more