Shell Employee Reviews

was a ok job
Counter person (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, IL 60046January 21, 2017
i was a counter person for the nite shift i stocked shelves filled ice bags and took care of customers which were not many also did inventory of cigerettes every night
Love the customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 19, 2017
The people that came in everyday made my day. loved my employees.moat days where great.Easy and I really enjoyed the customers.i enjoyed working there alot .
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
No breaks
Unfortunately this place was not cared for I don't even think that the owner cared for this place let alone its employees
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Not my favorite place to of work but it gave me experience and the manager that ran the place was awesome she herself was a very good person the company itself was the problem for me no holiday pay extra
Just a typical job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day at work was cleaning the place and looking for expiration dates. On top of that you had to run back and forth to help the customers. I learned that customers are difficult and you need a lot of patience even though I love to work with people. The co workers and management were not to pleasant to work with. I felt like the managers never treated us well. The best part of my day was when i could connect with my customers.
Not applicable
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New Jersey ShoreJanuary 12, 2017
This was a position that I held long ago and I can not make relevant comments about the work environment that exists at Shell Oil Company today. I sure lots has changed since then.
Shell
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  CiacgoJanuary 10, 2017
We are a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with an average of 93,000 employees in more than 70 countries. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future.
Fast paced and extremely enjoyable place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 10, 2017
This is by far one of the best companies I could have worked for. The management team made me feel like one of the family right from the start. I had the best trainer possible and everything was explained thoroughly. I was at a very fast paced store, that handled greyhound bus tickets and u-haul rentals, and it helped the hours go by.
good job like this location.
Lead inspector (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAJanuary 10, 2017
turnaround work great guys to work for and with. weather was great . safety was on top of all projects. start and end dates on time . treated very nice. hrs were great.
Great people to work for
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 7, 2017
Owners were great to work with and made it a fun place to work. They were understanding and pleasant to be around . Made you want to come to work and do a good job .
Fun work place
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJanuary 6, 2017
I enjoyed this job and on a typical day I would work the cash register, clean, cook, stock, order, schedule employees, and maintain the store with a co-worker or alone. I learned to create a schedule and put in orders to the vendors. Check supplies and restock supplies that we were low on. Learn what to do in dangerous situations; for example, if I got robbed or if there was a gas leak. The worst part of this job was the day I stopped working there. I was working and going to school at the same time. My first day back to school I left and went to clock into work at the shell. When I went to clock in my manager stopped me and informed me that he had sold the store and I no longer had a job. This was devastating to me, but I called my area manager from RGIS and went back to work with RGIS the next day. In the end everything worked out.
Pros
learning to manage a business, learning to order merchandise, and learning to make schedules
Cons
losing the job all of a sudden, and poor management
I have been working as a full time employee with Shell
Sales Assistant Manager and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Professional atmosphere. Flexible work schedule. Large company, Excellent talent, Fun energetic employees, large amounts of responsibility quickly
Nice people fun atmosphere
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 3, 2017
Work was fine but long hours very little time to get a brake and no chance to get a raise employs we're nice and very helpfull
Pros
Wifi
Cons
Little job training
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 3, 2017
Meet very nice people.great opportunity everyone very outgoing and nice .everyone takes customer service serious very clean environment .
Easiest Job, Non-Beneficial Pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CTJanuary 2, 2017
Working at Shell was one of the easiest jobs to do once I was trained and knew where everything was. All that was expected of me was to keep the store clean, as well as restock shelves and ring out customers.
Pros
Comfortable uniforms, easy work, working alone
Cons
Rude customers, insufficient hours, minimum wage pay
productive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 1, 2017
i really enjoyed my job. met some great coworkers.met alot of great people through out my career their. worked at all the stores my boss owned. moves up to assistant manager, delt with money,lottery tickets ,ordering products for store schedulings.
Cons
no much down time breaks were very rushed
It was just a job while I raised my son
Manager (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 28, 2016
It's not a good company to work for,it's not clean and I will never work for them again..they don't treat thier employees as they should like a family..
work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, MODecember 28, 2016
Owners not worried if your happy with daily encounters. Not willing to give raises or advancement opportunity. Customers can be brutal and youre expecting to be a bootlicker
no thank you
Sales Associate / Customer service Representative (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZDecember 27, 2016
worked for 4 years fired on non applicable charges so that they could hire someone who they didn ot have to pay for benefits for
Worst experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 21, 2016
Got the job. But felt like i was being watched because of my color. I was accused of stealing but when proven wrong i was made to feel as if i was wrong for being right. I could only work one shift and that was overnight. No work was done by any other co workers except for me and three others. There was a lot of favoritism going on as well. Policy after policy being broken and nothing is said about it. But the minute i mess up i have to be coached when apparently we were lacking in supervision and instruction. Wasn't a bad temp job but not anything that i would try to make permanent.
Pros
n/a
Cons
low pay, racial tension, bad hours, bad work enviornment
easy workplace but horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MADecember 20, 2016
A typical day would be an 8 hour straight shift, where you would be the only one working (unless management was in the office) and that means running the register, cleaning, stocking goods, putting away deliveries and helping customers was all your responsibility. The management was very hectic, they answered any questions asked but were also extremely unorganized.
Pros
free coffee or slush puppies if that shell had them
Cons
no breaks and long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.