Shell Employee Reviews

Found 1,275 reviews matching the search
Weekly meetings at different Restaurants with your manager for updates
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angelose carlifornia USAMay 23, 2017
Working for Shell oil with the trainings provided to me ,helped in the improvement of my ability to prioritize and plan work activities while solving conflicts not blaming , maintains confidentiality , and listen to others without interruptions , also to keep emotions under control, at all times. Be open to new things. The ability to work from home without supervision ,and yet the discipline to completing task in a timely manner , knowing that your manager is only a phone call away when needed for any questions or input.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Dealing with decitful dealers
It was very unorganized store. The manager was very sick and his brother was taking advantage of him.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMay 23, 2017
I was a team leader. I was always on time also was pregnant at the time they wanted to make me a manager but I decided not to because the store was too much to handle the management was bad
Busy ,busy ,busy
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAMay 20, 2017
Good work environment, good hours, great atmosphere. I would recommend this employment to anyone who likes to work fast and be around thousands of people throughout the time at work
Fun
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ARMay 20, 2017
The time spent at the Shell in Sheridan, AR was enjoyable. The management there was reliable but however the store lacked technological advances, such as better, computerized registers.
Pros
plenty of breaks
Cons
Not advance in Technology
Great gas station
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yelm, WAMay 19, 2017
Good place to work with great employers. I loved working here the customers were okay. But no job is perfect. its a good job I was there for almost a year and only left because I needed more money and hours.
Great workplace
Lead Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 19, 2017
Great company with a very talented leadership that allows for growth. They promote an open-door policy where you can speak with any and all managers. They strive for excellence in all of their employees.
customer interaction and being efficient
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 18, 2017
A typical day starts with placing an inventory order. I learned a great deal from working as a cashier. I developed good customer relations and always greeted them friendly. I got to know a lot of stuff about how to attract customers by mentioning about the deals. The hardest part of my job is my neighborhood. It is a risky area with a lot of crimes taking place. However, this acknowledged me about strict safety measures and steps to be taken during a situation of crisis. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know people and helping them and when they appreciate your efforts.
Pros
good staff
Cons
neighborhood
freindly work environment
Attendant (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIMay 18, 2017
great place to work teaches you how to properly handle a customer. teaches you teamwork and leadership skills. always room to grow at one of there many locations
Pros
meeting peoople
very easy paced work place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cherry Valley, CAMay 18, 2017
very good manager who knows business well because he has owned it for 20+ years. speaks to you in a very well mannered way. the atmosphere is very quiet and relxaing
Pros
nice enviroment
Cons
not enough to support
Fun Place To Work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLMay 17, 2017
Once I got to know the team that i had hired it was a real fun place to work. I love the other managers that worked for shell gas station. They all kept me on my toes and always helped me out when I had questions or was stuck with a problem. Great people to work for
Loved this job!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, FLMay 17, 2017
Working for Shell gave me the knowledge and experience I needed to further my career in retail. I enjoyed my daily customers as much as I enjoyed my new customers. Everyday was a learning experience. My managers were understanding and very easy to work for.
Fast paced fun job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 16, 2017
Count inventory, ring up customers, stock store, and clean up store inside and out. Worked alongside management to make sure everyone was in and out of the store and pleased.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Had to eat in between customers
Easy and Simple
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MA 02421May 16, 2017
The job is fairly simple. You make sure the store is stocked, cleaned and provide assistance when needed. Customers can sometimes be rude, but many are fun to talk to. Also the flow of customers is relaxed. You work by yourself for the most part, sometimes the manager will be there. The hardest part is counting the cigarettes, you have to hand count and sometimes previous coworkers miscount. other than that it is very easy and simple.
Pros
relaxed enviornment
faced past and fun environment
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHMay 15, 2017
A typical day consisted of a fast paced environment with a variety of work to be done. The environment was clean and fun. The employees are dependable and the customers are very nice. The local vendors, merchandisers, and distributors were pleasant to interact with.
Pros
fast past environment
Cons
no room for growth
This was very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burkesville, KYMay 15, 2017
The job its self was not a bad job, it was the people over it that done the most. They have lost many coworkers due to favoritism and the drama started between the work place. They are badly organized and you never are provided with a straight schedule.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Not enough workers.
Fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILMay 14, 2017
This job was very fast paced. Being as it was right off the interstate, we were busy the entire day, always had something going on. Helping lots of customers during and taking care of the store. Hours could be difficult at times, as there was long shifts into the night.
The shall was very cool because we got tips.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2017
shall was a interested because they had me doing a cigarette count witch i had never did before but as i got use to it became very easy the job was fun .
Pros
having to work we got free drinks.
Cons
they were big on Helthcare.
Not much to gain experience and improve skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMay 11, 2017
Fun for a fast paced job but no room for growth. Low income. Not much to learn from. Good for those who are looking for a job that keeps them constantly busy because there's always something to do. Not for those who can't handle a lot of stress.
Pros
Fast paced so the time flies by!
Cons
Simple and straight to the point so you don't gain much work experience.
Shell
PDMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 11, 2017
This is a company with very strick rules. Emploment is base on project work and it was my experience that a project could end suddenly.As a contractor you will be the first person out the door.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Job could end without notice.
Great staff always made it fun and energetic
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 10, 2017
Always a great day after working a 3rd shift, the workers would come in with a positive attitude the rubbed off on me. Only bad thing is there was no one to work with on 3rd shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.