Shell

1.1K reviews

Shell Employee Reviews

excellent work environment technically and better communication
Senior Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 7, 2016
wonderful company all over the world. better environment to move up and get rewarded on the kind of ob you are doing. good management and co-workers communication at all levels.
Fun workplace to interact with people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CAFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day at work would be meeting new people. make sure we have the product our costumer want and need. Shell has help me to open up to people. I learned to be more social and friendly.
I was a contractor from Accenture to Shell Oil.
Lean Instructor and Project Coach (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
The Continuous Improvement Team I worked with at Shell Oil was a global team. They worked very hard to get quality people in the program and get them certified as quick as possible. They included me in some of their strategy planning meetings to reduce the certification time. Shell was easy to work with and open to my recommendations to improve their Continuous Improvement program.
Pros
Many good employees selected to be part of the Shell Oil Lean program.
Cons
No Line Managers were accountable to get the Lean projects done on time.
Great place to work. Enabled me to be productive daily.
Maintenance & Integrity SAP PM Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was filled with productivity. I learned to be self managed daily. My co-workers were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was customers who did not follow instructions. The most enjoyable part of this job was interaction with great team members.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Team member who did not want to following instructions
cooked alot and enjoyed it
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Graham, WAJanuary 28, 2016
Love the customers, the daily routine of cooking and helping customers, be it pumping propane, tending gas, sorting the mail, or cooking.
Shell Lubricants
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Good rate of pay for oil industry. Great benefit package, insurance very expensive. Management is based on friendships and who you know, which causes a lot of upper management to be unqualified to hold their positions or make good decisions. Company is not loyal to long term employees, just a number or statistic to them. No job security at all.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
The owner does not care about his station
owner (Former Employee) –  Eldersburg, MDJanuary 17, 2016
owner does not supply things needed for the job
station is falling apart
Bathroom never gets cleaned
owner pays most employees under the table
Great place to work. Family oriented and feed well. Takes care of employees
Process Operator Intern (Former Employee) –  Gulf of mexicoJanuary 17, 2016
Worked for shell as an intern for 3 months offshore. I had a great experience and enjoyed working offshore. I was treated with respect and felt like I was part of the team since day one.
Okay place to work
OB (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2016
Shell was a great opportunity for me to realize Oil and gas is not for me. I disliked the corporate culture and I lost interest in my work as time kept going. However I did learn useful skills there.
Enjoyed my co-workers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALJanuary 15, 2016
I learned how to maintain excellent customer service, how to properly assign duties.
A typical day at work was mainly uneventful aside from making sure that every customer found the items that they were seeking and that they left happt

Want to know more about Shell?

Ask a question
Great job, enjoyed it
Wells Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2016
• Maintains complete documentation of drilling/completions activities in Open Wells database
• Ensures data mandated in the global Operations Reporting Manual (ORM) is captured
• Compiles statistics to identify Non-productive maintenance activities
• Advise engineers/foremen of cost transparency/coding issues
• Maintains project records and documentation for auditing purposes
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Job security
Its ok
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Castle, INJanuary 13, 2016
Its a good job depending who you work with the pay sucks and you do not get benefits at all there is a lot of down time that you have nothing to do so its really boring
Pros
you can smoke when your not busy
Cons
you dont get paid that much
Fast paced, enjoyable, friendly staff.
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJanuary 13, 2016
I really enjoyed working at shell. I liked my co-workers, manager, and boss. I enjoyed the type of work I was doing and I liked the fast paced feel of the job. I have no complaints about my time there, aside from the fact that I signed up to work 3 days a week, and ended up having to work 5 days a week, and towards the end 6 days a week, but taking on the extra work load wasn't too much of a problem for me because I had the free time, I enjoyed having the extra cash, and I was happy to help the store out when it needed me to work the extra hours.
Boring
Deployment Specialist/Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 11, 2016
This company is boring and unorganized. I would not like to work here again. The manager had horrific hygiene and did not talk to anyone all day during work. Not even good morning. Awful company. They also lied about what they hired me for. I would not like to work here again.
Pros
money
Cons
bad culture
Productive and interesting work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJanuary 11, 2016
As a cashier at Shell, it was always busy and full of life. I stocked and cleaned the store while operating the register and turning on the gas pumps for the customers.
Pros
Free coffee
Very good company to work for but will cut you off if their numbers are not right.
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Good company to work for as long as they keep making money. They will cut you off to "down sizing" if their numbers don't come in where they want to be or if you are close to retirement at a young age. No such thing as commitment to long term employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No commitment to employees regardless of tenure
clerk
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJanuary 9, 2016
Typical day was very busy. I thoroughly enjoyed working here because it was new stuff everyday instead of repetitiveness.
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annville, KYJanuary 4, 2016
In my short time at Shell, I made great friends, worked very hard, and learned great skills. I would go into work, wait on customers and serve food. At night, I would recover, clean and close the store down for the next day. My co-workers were great. They would help me do my work and were always there to have my back in case times were busy. The hardest part of the job was physical labor, but after time, you would barely notice it. The best part was being around great people and great customers. They made the job much better.
Great customers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Granite Bay, CAJanuary 4, 2016
As far as a typical day, it starts out helping customers and its all good. The manager and co workers are great. There really is no hard part about the job.
Cons
No raises or benefits.
Decent job with low benefits, the atmosphere was fun
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2015
* Typical day at work consisted of stocking and staying behind a cash register
* I learned how to talk to a different class of people
* Management was decent, could have been better
* My Coworkers were some of the best I have ever worked with, we all took care of each other
* Nothing hard about the job
* The most enjoyable part of the day, looking at the different people that come in and out of the store
Pros
Cons
No benefits, low pay, boring, not much to really do