Shell Employee Review

Productive and a good place to interact with people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  13605 West Sunrise Blvd, SunriseOctober 9, 2013
Make sure to provide my best service to customers is my goal. I learned to be patient and listen what other people have to say in order for me to help them as much as I can. There are situations where it is hard to help customers with unexpected requests but I try to find a solution for those kind of events. Working with my co workers was the most enjoyable part since we had to do team work to accomplish our duties for the day.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lot of overnight hours

Other Shell Employee Reviews

Management is a joke
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 14, 2018
Management is a joke. I had another job I was working at before I started working at Shell and they knew this. I quit my other job because I was promised a consistent position and they LAID ME OFF due to lack of hours. I did 3rd shift, which sales tripled when I started working there, this came from the manager himself. They cut out 3rd shift because it was "too cold". What kind of joke is that? Who closes down the only gas station in town that is right next to a bar, to which was how the got so much business on 3rds, just because of the weather? I am the only one that had to deal with the weather on 3rds so how does it even concern the manager/owner??? There were 4 workers there total and since 3rd shift was closing, the manager said that we would basically have to fight for our position, which I already knew that meant I would be the one being fired due to family members working there and "favorites".
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
Everything about this place is a con
Good ceo
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 13, 2018
I was the general manager at the Tuscaloosa Shell. I had a lot of respect and worked in a positive environment where I felt valued. My two years as a manager at this location were a great experience for me in gaining well rounded management job experience in a calm and respectful atmosphere.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.