Shell

Shell United States Employee Reviews

Great career choice
Admin Assistant, Ofc Mgr, EA (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 3, 2015
Pros: Benefit package, growth opportunity
Great organization with great benefits. The Government Affairs department supported many of the other departments in the organization. The focus of this department was managing relations between the organization and the legislative branch
I was able to further my education while on the job
Sr. Administrative Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2015
This job provided me the skills to achieve any task, I was able to work with multiple managers and CEO's and build on skills to work with many diversity of individuals. I also was able to achieve a work life balance.
Usually fast paced job, with very diverse group of customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2015
A typical day of work consists of me cleaning outside, which includes sweeping and mopping the pavement, wiping down the pumps, changing the water, dusting cobwebs, etc. Also stocking the coolers inside, and cleaning any messes in the bathroom, front, and coffee area, all while dealing with guests in an appropriate and timely manner. I've learned to be flexible, and fast, but also accurate. Management for this location is amazing, the manager is the best one that i have had in any job. A majority of my coworkers are amazing as well, most of them get their work done by the end of their shift. The hardest part of my job? Absolutley nothing. There are minor annoyances, but this is the easiest job I've ever had. Its all been a pleasure working at this place.
Clerk (Former Employee), Fayetteville, WVApril 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
They did not offer benefits when I worked there and the schedule is not flexible. The work environment was also hostile and management made you feel horrible all of the time.
Great Work Place
Team Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: Long wait time for progressions
Great Company to work for! Great opportunities to travel and engage with people from across the world. Major company within the industry which allows people to be secure in an adverse market.
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Sarasota, FloridaApril 17, 2015
It was based on customer service. I got to interact with my customers always tried to help in their needs. I got to help them in problems they had it was always a new challenge for me always learning something new. I loved the fact that I could help customers solve the problems and make them smile. My co-workers always fun but professional environment. the hard part was working the seven days straight no days of but well worth it I loved my job and making sure customers got what they needed.
More about the Profit than the Consumer
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INApril 16, 2015
Responsibilities:
Performed cash & credit card transactions with patrons.
Sustained a clean & orderly store area.
Accounted for inventory & cash flows.
Executed basic administrative tasks.
lots of perks for doing a good job
CONVENIENCE STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 14, 2015
Pros: the day goes by fast, staying busy is good
Cons: long hours
I enjoy working with the public, dealing with the vendors. It was a challenging position. I moved around to different stores in the Kansas city area and met a lot of great people.
Fun workplace
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 13, 2015
Good people,flexible work schedule (work-life balance,laid back atmosphere).I'm comfortable working with public and enjoyed going to work everyday.
Very professional environment with alot of friendly people
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Elloree, SCApril 13, 2015
i would serve customers speedy service greet talk laugh prepare food coming to work was the most enjoyable each day that I went
Enjoyable work always a joy to be at work.
Deli clerk (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 13, 2015
Pros: we got discount on deli items and also soft drinks.
Cons: breaks you took them when and if you had time. Some days you didn't have time for a break.
A normal day at work starts at 5:00 am, helping with our breakfast rush and dealing with out hot case. I would prepare all the tenders, wedges, corn dogs and other items for our hot case. Attending to customers for the needs of breakfast needs. Around 8 am we would start prepping chicken, and other lunch special items to have lunch ready by 10 am. I worked with a group of wonderful people. Our store manager and Asst. was great. My co-workers were also a joy to be around. We all helped each other out to get our jobs done in a timely manner.
Poor Development of young talent
Division Orders Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2015
Self-directed development, poor guidance for new employees. Management in team not supportive of broadening base of knowledge, poor training program for employees new to the industry.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winter Springs, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free Drinks
Cons: No breaks
It sucked everyday is the same people same song and dance. Annoying managers and annoying co-workers. It sucked everyday is the same people same song and dance .Annoying managers and annoying co-workers.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Coconut Creek, FLApril 6, 2015
Kept the store clean, handled money and resolved any issues the customers had with the pumps, etc.

co workers were nice

management was nice
Very task oriented contract position
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2015
Heavy MS Excel use with limited face-to-face interaction and voice and email communication very task specific. Good showcase for computer and analytical skills, but poor use of other skills such as communication or clerical.
Wonderful working environment.
Asset Integrity Tech Assistant/Visions DB Admin (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
Good Company to work for. Enjoyed being a part of a productive work environment. Wonderful team and excellent management. Enjoyed the daily challenge
Overall Great work environment
Senior PDMS Mechanical IMPACT / Draft Designer (Current Employee), New OrleansMarch 30, 2015
SHELL has an overall fantastic work environment. Knowledgable staff that is always available to assist with any questions you may have.
Awesome place to work
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAMarch 27, 2015
Working at Shell was an incredible experience. I loved the friendly customers. The hardest part of the job was the long days. The job has taught me the value of even having a job and a lot about life in general.
not so productive at times
Cashier (Current Employee), Woodland, WAMarch 26, 2015
Sometimes the place is busy, sometimes it isn't. Management's always good, my co-workers are always fun to work with. I enjoy getting some reading done when I'm all done with everything, and there's no customers.
One of the top company to work for.
Warehouse/forklift operator. (Former Employee), Houston TexasMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, production recognition every month.
Cons: No rotation shifts.
An excellent company to work for.Great compensation and benefits.
But most important, their commitment to safety.Great coworkers, we had a great team!

1 2 3 4 5

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more

Shell Salaries