Shell Employee Reviews

Productive mornings
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work for me is waking up early at 6am going to the store and awaiting all the regular customers , its always rush hour so i run two registers at the same time working a shift alone , i learned how to be patient with people and handle situations under pressure and get the issue resolved , i learned how to sell products and persuade customers to the new merchandise , write checks , check orders for the store , and put prices on them . the hardest part of the job is trying to restock the orders and run a register . my coworkers are very kind and more then helpful. what i enjoyed about my job was that we worked as a team and the mood was always joyful and friendly .
Pros
free lunch, and drinks .
Cons
short breaks over 40 hours a week
Aviation Contract Manager
Aviation Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 11, 2015
Shell is an excellent company to work for and they do take care of their employees. The employees are professional and are great to work with. Pay and benefits are outstanding. It is hard to find an opening given the current climate of the oil industry, but it is worth the effort.
Pros
Pay, benefits, working with other professionals, safety climate, company genuinely cares about its employees
Cons
Very Nice area to work and learn
Data Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Al BaşrahSeptember 20, 2016
Shell Is a very great company that offers allot of benefits

I have learned about Data management
I have been under extensive EDW Training and ASSAI training

worked as a data control analyst with direct contact to my supervisor and many local and national construction companies that we had to deal with them and make them learn how to use the correct system and deliver the correct information that will be submitted into the online system so it can be accessed again when needed
Highly competitive workplace
Associate Business Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 17, 2016
Given its scale, Shell is a highly competitive company. Like all players they are currently suffering under a low oil price environment and that shows in how management is navigating the situation. Advancement can be slow.. Complicated systems are the norm and there is a procedure or process for everything. Often, new teams are created for no realistic reason. Overly complicated ways of working has a negative effect on employee morale and lead to a bogged down system. Knowledge inclusive needs a lot of work to be effective.
Good work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 19, 2016
On a typical day at Shells, first person who opens after swing shift is expected to count and record cigarettes and lottery scratchers. Open register and make sure your till is at $100. There will be two employees, one will be assigned on register and the other doing side duty, which is; cleaning/sweeping outside and restocking the cooler. I've learned a lot from not knowing how to make coffee to being calm when angry customers put you in certain situations. For example, a customer demanded that our location should take EBT. I calmly told the customer that only certain locations take EBT for food but our location specifically and many others do not accept EBT. Though the customer was very angry, I was able to reason with the customer that if she didn't have any cash on her, which is what she complained about, that there is an ATM machine inside our store. The hardest part of this job is probably the cooler. It gets freezing cold in there and you could get sick if not dressed properly. Most enjoyable part of this job is working with other employees. They are all very friendly and cooperative with all new employees.
Pros
Mexican Restaurant connected to our store
Cons
Short Breaks
Great workplace, with wonderful people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2016
This place was a fast paced environment that I was totally naive to, but my wonderful coworkers and managers helped me become great at my job. It was excellent to meet new customers and help them in our store, and I ended up having great regulars who came in sometimes to just say hi! It was a great learning experience and I definitely benefitted from working there.
Pros
Free lunches, Got to work on my own, and got great practice with Customer Service
Cons
No breaks
Not a Bad place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 13, 2016
At Shell Gas station I learned how to work a cash register. A man always begs for change throughout the neighborhood. We're supposed to run him off the property if we see him begging, but only one manager ever does. Some of my co-workers were very lazy and didn't do there jobs, the hardest part about the job was lottery at first but i got the hang of it, what I enjoyed the most was meeting different types of people and getting to know them.
Unsecured job site
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phelan, CAJuly 21, 2016
I worked eight hours a day, all holidays, alone from 3pm to 10pm. job duties required me to go outside. I learned what to do if theres a fire at a gas station, what the emergency off switch looks like at all gas stations. management was helpful in very few areas that were minor issues, otherwise, not very attentive. coworkers were very helpful. Going outside at night alone. good hours.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
on your own, no benefits, have to work all holidays.
working at a gas station is pretty fun
Cashier, fuel attendant (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMay 23, 2015
Jacksons is an awesome company to work for. The benefits and perks are pretty cool there one of the few gas selling companies that actually understand that a reward system work better for an incentive. workers are assets and investments that bring in revenue
I would recommend anyone to apply here
Pros
online scheduling you can check it on your phone, usually everyone is happy and tryes to work hard as a team to be rewarded for the hard work, mandatory once in a while meatings paid and good food depending if you have an awesome manager, paid training/ vacations when youve worked there for a while, oh and they throw the company party's whats not to love
Cons
I have none
A very tiring job without benefits of any kind
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYJuly 28, 2016
I was hired onto Shell part time with a morning bases schedule. Unfortunately, once signed on, I was full time with no breaks and a different shift was guven to me everyday. Customers were very friendly, but unfortunately, without training it is very tiring and stressful.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
no breaks, usually only 1-2 people working at once, schedule given on a daily basis with no consistent shifts.
Contractor for this company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2015
Did not work for this company as an employee therefore, cannot review the benefits of its employees. Working as a contractor was not bad.
Pros
Great learning opportunity
Cons
Contractor
Great work environment with world-class work...
Designer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 10, 2016
A great office atmosphere. Shell hired top-level talent which fostered a great environment for collaborative working. The jobs this office had the opportunity to develop and design were truly world-class and created exciting challenges for everyone that had the opportunity to contribute. Shell always pushed its employees to grow outside of their comfort zone, and they invested in their employees by offering personal, soft-skills development.
Pros
Wellness Reimbursements, Bonuses, People, World Class Projects
Good for Students
Full Time Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLSeptember 10, 2016
The job entailment's are quite easy and straight forward, but are lacking is most of the other employees as there is no real training set in place. Constantly running out of inventory. Hours are very irregular. Pay could be better for what all the job requires of you. A lot of independent work.
Pros
Free Drinks, Good Life/Work Balance
Cons
Pay, Hours, No benefits, Management
Great place to work. Keen on training for advancement
Start Team, Onshore Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2016
plenty of meetings. advanced training for roles (auditing, compliance), management is bogged down with realignment at upper levels. great peers and diverse/inclusive. competing with changing priorities. great job of celebrating successes, recognition.
Pros
benefit package
Cons
constant realignment, change in reporting lines
Shell
DRILLING TECH (contract) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Shell has a great work/life balance. Flexible schedule/hours.
Nice benefits. Room for advancement. Location is easy from many parts of town.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
cubicles
Great Workplace with professional people
Research and Development Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2016
I work as a contractor for the R and D analytical group. The Shell Tech Center in Houston has a great work environment with a lot of knowledgeable professionals. Work/life balance is nice and the safety culture is real and not fake.
Pros
safety, workload, people
Cons
n/a
Shell
Crew, 3rd shift (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 16, 2016
Shell at the time was an pretty ok job, i haf worked 3rd shift and created my own work environment, i never had problem with shell up into the point of the true Colors of management made itself known. I then after which i had to depart to a new ajob
Pros
Creating my own enviroment and improving myself with customers of various types
Cons
Management, Tall and short
Good learning experience with great mentors
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 15, 2016
Was a great place to work, over the years the quality of experienced operators diminished. Management started going downhill in my opinion but still a great company and I learned a lot about the industry. I gained great experience and knowledge which fueled my desire to expand into bigger projects.
Good High School Employer
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philomath, ORJuly 19, 2016
I would typical spend my days washing the store, restocking the shelves, and when a car pulled up to the station, my boss would tell me via walkie-talkie and I would then run outside and help the customer.
I mostly worked weekends, but because most of our staff was high school students we had a high turnover, so I also trained a lot of staff.
customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, ILAugust 24, 2016
Out of all my jobs I loved working there due to the customers there. I loved working there. I didn't mind working weird hours and going through the angry customers because there was some really great people that would come in. The only down fall is I wanted to move up in the company and the manager decided to take back on leaving so I left.