Shell Employee Reviews

Found 1,507 reviews matching the search
Great company to work for
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
Take good care of their own,Management is friendly,Global company. No discrimination. Work flow very good.Great work environment. Free lunches, good programs for employess
Pros
good place to work
Cons
Not too good wit contractors
This was a e-discovery project.
Coastal Erosion Paralegal (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2017
This was an e-discovery project. I just read contracts and verify if the information is complied to federal law. It an e-discovery project. I doing heavy legal research. I am also updating their data base with the correct dated information.
Productive and caring
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
Office setting was safe and productive. Typical day was always busy, management was great and cared about employee's. The enjoyable part was all the different culture
Fun and relaxing
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 21, 2017
It's a great place to work at and most of the customers are very nice and welcoming.the manager is very informative and like his store to be a certain way.
Roller Coaster Ride
Development Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2017
Networking is critical. Better to be a manager than individual contributor. lots of change in strategy, and that translates to a constant tension with staffing levels.
Pros
Great Work, Industry Leader
Cons
Lots of Change
Relaxed
cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MSAugust 20, 2017
Had two different titles. As a kitchen worker and as maintenance they were both nice positions and had set hours. but required heavy workloads and lots of attention.
shell
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 14, 2017
I really like working there the people were awesome and it was busy and that made the day go by so fast also it was a small store so it was really easy to clean.
Pros
discount
Cons
has beer runs
Ok company
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 14, 2017
This is an ok company but they only offer benefits to management after a year. Their full time is 37.5 hours a week and that is not enough hours to get any benefits.
Good Pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAAugust 14, 2017
I worked at Shell Gas Station right after Hurricane Katrina. In 2007 i came ill and could not work. My manager check on me and keep in contact with my mom. I really like this job but my manager decide to move.
Great place to workk. Safe and friendly environment
Treasury Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2017
Great place to work! The facility provides a pleasant environment, whether you take a walk during lunch inside or outside, with lots of trees and walking trails throughout the grounds. Enjoy the on-campus cafeteria, fitness center, putting green and employee lounge.

The most enjoyable part of the day is the people I work with, having worked here for many years, we've become family. Sharing family stories of what happened this past weekend, end of school, summer camp, and now the beginning of school year.
Pros
free fitness center
Cons
not many lunch options unless you go off campus
Unprofessional on-site management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2017
Sexist manager, low pay, unreasonable expectations of maintenance to be done by cashiers, frequently understaffed/overworked, intimidation tactics used in place of motivational tactics
Good for the job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 11, 2017
I would like to go to this school and teach all the students and teach them what I learned when I was in school and I know they are good so I want to work there
Absolutely terrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 9, 2017
At the time of my employment, the management was absolutely horrible. There was lying, stealing, and over all chaos. Upper management did absolutely nothing, except turn a blind eye.
Gas Station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 9, 2017
This is an okay place to work. It is very easy work. All you do is clean, stock and take money from customers on the products that they bought. You are just on your feet for 8 hours a day.
Change of management
Cashier, Stock, Clean (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCAugust 8, 2017
Shell is the only place that i have worked in my experience that can not keep anyone. The Management alone in the 3 to 4 months i was there changed three times.
My time with Shell Gas station
Assistant manager, Inventory management (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 7, 2017
I was with Shell Gas station a short while when i got promoted to an assistant manager. I enjoyed the work i did there. The customers made for a fun-filled day while i still got to help them with anything that they may have needed. I will always miss my customers from my time there,
Good worth ethics and positive goal direction
Wholesale Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2017
Flexible hours with customer focus a key. Learn and understand the corporate culture. As an on going process master the company's key focus areas and strive to enhance those values.
A friendly competitive atmosphere that enlarges productivity
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 4, 2017
Shell was a place where I was accepted by all employees. From the management, to my equal peers, everyone treated each other with respect and valued team productivity.
The money was ok i guest
cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2017
I wouldn't recommend working for shell..no paid time off for emergencies...worked like a slave for little money.no paid vacation either....i had to work by myself most days.
I enjoyed working at shell very much so
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CAAugust 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at the . The area manager was a bit young so he didn't know what he was doing, but other than that, I loved that job. The area is nice and the people are eh, it could always be worse!! I worked my way up to manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.