Shell Employee Reviews

Great job, enjoyed it
Wells Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2016
• Maintains complete documentation of drilling/completions activities in Open Wells database
• Ensures data mandated in the global Operations Reporting Manual (ORM) is captured
• Compiles statistics to identify Non-productive maintenance activities
• Advise engineers/foremen of cost transparency/coding issues
• Maintains project records and documentation for auditing purposes
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Job security
For Shell Oil Company, mostly positive
Assist attorneys (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2015
Whenever money problems arise at the company, people are the first to go.
On the other hand, my clerical position was challenging which I enjoyed. The professionals I supported gave me opportunities to improve my job and I certainly enjoyed gaining new experiences.
The most enjoyable part of my job was not answering the phone as the professionals' phone calls went to an answering service giving me ample time to complete other tasks.
Pros
Good benefits
Very Fair and workable atmosphere
Purchasing Agent/Procurement (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAJuly 5, 2016
These 2 companies taught me a lot. It taught me everything from Supply Chain, to Inventory Control, to Purchasing. They also taught me how to get a long and work with with a diverse ray of people.
These companies were never boring to work for.
Pros
Family like atmosphere
Cons
Raises were far and few between
Amazing place to work
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Convent, LAMarch 30, 2016
Hours are extremely flexible if you can get your work done. Everybody was extremely fun to work with and micromanagement is not allowed.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 27, 2016
standing 8 or more hours , handling cashier , working for people who do not understand that we have kids , work on holidays , the management was great i worked extra hard she was always there to help whenever things could not get finished on time . The hardest part in trying to tell customers they are wrong m
Pros
the pay everyweek
Cons
having to work for little pay
Positive Environment to work in
Document Controller (Contracted through Cynet) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2016
The work environment is fast pace. There is a lot of teamwork and communication around the office to meet deadlines. Mangers welcome fresh and bold ideas. Company is open to the millennials beliefs and ideas.
Pros
Great Food Court, Onsite Gym, and other Amenities
Demanding and satisfying frontline work in project delivery
Lead Cost Engineer (Former Employee) –  QAAugust 13, 2016
Established Project procedures.
Broad range of commercial and technical exposure.
More top down direction and less consensus building required to drive response Executive decisions.
Strong safety culture and training.
Boring
Deployment Specialist/Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 11, 2016
This company is boring and unorganized. I would not like to work here again. The manager had horrific hygiene and did not talk to anyone all day during work. Not even good morning. Awful company. They also lied about what they hired me for. I would not like to work here again.
Pros
money
Cons
bad culture
Great Employee's
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2016
Productive employees, that have a GREAT time we customers . Making them laugh and have a great experience while they are being checked out.
Pros
Contests To win Gift cards For up selling to customers.
Cons
Standing for long period. And Sometimes lunch gets cold..LOL
Very good company to work for but will cut you off if their numbers are not right.
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Good company to work for as long as they keep making money. They will cut you off to "down sizing" if their numbers don't come in where they want to be or if you are close to retirement at a young age. No such thing as commitment to long term employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No commitment to employees regardless of tenure
an ok place to work
Gas station attendant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 11, 2016
fast paced environment at times the next slow management is ok downside is the short shift hours that lead to having to work more than 5 days to make 40 hours
Productive and Friendly Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bryans Road, MDSeptember 1, 2016
I truly enjoyed working at Shell. I enjoyed dealing with customers, and all the task that where recommended for me to do. It always seem to make me a happier person to know I was able to make the next person happy in anyway possible.
Shell
DRILLING TECH (contract) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Shell has a great work/life balance. Flexible schedule/hours.
Nice benefits. Room for advancement. Location is easy from many parts of town.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
cubicles
excellent work environment technically and better communication
Senior Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 7, 2016
wonderful company all over the world. better environment to move up and get rewarded on the kind of ob you are doing. good management and co-workers communication at all levels.
A typical day at work
Operator "C" to Temporary Foreman (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAOctober 10, 2015
Worked shift work, 12 hours either day or night, received shift from the person I was relieving, gave me the information about the important things happening at the moment, checked the log book to verify what did happened during the previous shift, read the daily orders and went out to check my working area.

If everything was normal, went back to my office and checked the levels of the storage tanks and started passing orders to load and unload railroad cars and started communicating with the distilling units about the storage tanks available for taking feed or receive finished products.

If time available did some housekeeping, If necessary put pumps or tanks out of service by chain lock and tagging, ready for repair or maintenance work.
Pros
good Company, good salary, good benefits
Cons
Shift work changing every week to a different shift
interesting, and mostly fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waipahu, HIAugust 28, 2016
Working at Shell was an amazing Experience, I learned to be very pro active, I'm never sitting down doing nothing, I was always on my feet, I would usually clean, and restock, I also had to work behind the register.
Great balance between big-company security and fun, fast-moving projects
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Delivery LeadAugust 18, 2015
A great organization with good work culture. Lot of scope to grow and quickest way to learn new things. Strongly committed to employee and environment safety. It has a very diverse culture, expect to meet and talk with new people.
Pros
Great work culture. lot of exposure to new assignments and domains
Cons
Work life balance
gas station running register and stock and cleaning
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Liberty, KYJune 27, 2016
average day at work learned people skills and running register management is poor good co workers nothing to hard to accomplish working with co workers
Pros
free fountain drinks
Cons
30 min breaks which im fine with
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 27, 2016
operating cash registers and adding machines, preparing invoices and bills, processing credit card payment and collecting receipt , providing excellent customer service and communicating with customers in a friendly way.
Travel 50-75%
Sr. HSE Tech Arctic Wells LOB (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2016
I traveled around the globe with Shell, They sent me places I never thought I would see. I learned the from all aspects of the job from the field work to the corporate office work. I have investigated and been investigated by just about anyone you could in the oilfield.