Shell

Shell Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Pico Rivera, CaliforniaMay 25, 2015
It depends on the day but once it gets busy it is fun and interesting to meet new people. Some times there is nothing to do and then the next day they tell you why didn't you clean or something. When you know that you did everything possible to keep the store in order and clean.
Great Place to work
Exploration Geophysicist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 25, 2015
Excellent professional environment with technical trainings and co workers with team work and collaboration mentality and culture.

I enjoy technical collaborative team work and opportunities to work and grow professionally.
working at a gas station is pretty fun
Cashier, fuel attendant (Former Employee), Tigard, ORMay 23, 2015
Pros: online scheduling you can check it on your phone, usually everyone is happy and tryes to work hard as a team to be rewarded for the hard work, mandatory once in a while meatings paid and good food depending if you have an awesome manager, paid training/ vacations when youve worked there for a while, oh and they throw the company party's whats not to love
Cons: I have none
Jacksons is an awesome company to work for. The benefits and perks are pretty cool there one of the few gas selling companies that actually understand that a reward system work better for an incentive. workers are assets and investments that bring in revenue
I would recommend anyone to apply here
Good and steady work days
Clerk II (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 19, 2015
Our team made use of several types of information collected from offshore tests and made corrections for entry into the company database.
Great place to work that values diversity and inclusion, work life balance, and sees their staff as a valuable asset.
HR Generalist (Current Employee), Energy CorridorMay 19, 2015
The people that I work with tend to be very nice and easy going, but also goal oriented. My managers have high expectations but they do not micromanage the staff. They trust in you as a capable employee, and expect you to follow through. They are also very supportive and helpful.
At Shell I have learned much more than what can be captured in a summary. I have been exposed to various levels of management with different management styles. I have learned quite a bit about stakeholder management and effective communication. I have learned a significant amount about being a part of a team, and what it takes to be successful in a global environment. I have been exposed to many cultures and learned how to more deeply appreciate differences and make people feel important.
The hardest part of the job is relying on many different groups to handle several different pieces of the process that I am in charge of. We use several different groups within Shell to handle certain pieces of the process, as well as outside vendors. It is my job to manage the process and ensure a smooth transition for our new joiners.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with many different people and learn from them. I get to talk to many different people who have varying skill levels and in varying fields. All of them have unique personalities and unique strengths and perspectives. I very much enjoy experiencing this and learning from everyone.
was awesome
cashier (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMay 17, 2015
Pros: cool job
Cons: sold it
worked for shell a long time then things changed too sold the store and all was gone but manged to move on and be happy was a very fun job
• Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies,. • Assist customers by providing information and resolving their c
Team Member (Former Employee), Katy, TXMay 13, 2015
• Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
• Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
• Establish and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
Wonderful place to work; great people; wonderful atmosphere
Supervisor, Records Management (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 8, 2015
Pros: Beautiful environment; great people; supportive management
Cons: None
Shell is where I learned all about Records. I graduated with an Education degree but jobs were not plentiful in the field, so I went into Records. Management was great at Shell. Co workers have become life-long friends.
Shell
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 7, 2015
Good atmosphere and supportive environment. Projects were challenging and required working in teams with varied backgrounds and disciplines.
Great career choice
Admin Assistant, Ofc Mgr, EA (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 3, 2015
Pros: Benefit package, growth opportunity
Great organization with great benefits. The Government Affairs department supported many of the other departments in the organization. The focus of this department was managing relations between the organization and the legislative branch
I was able to further my education while on the job
Sr. Administrative Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2015
This job provided me the skills to achieve any task, I was able to work with multiple managers and CEO's and build on skills to work with many diversity of individuals. I also was able to achieve a work life balance.
Usually fast paced job, with very diverse group of customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2015
A typical day of work consists of me cleaning outside, which includes sweeping and mopping the pavement, wiping down the pumps, changing the water, dusting cobwebs, etc. Also stocking the coolers inside, and cleaning any messes in the bathroom, front, and coffee area, all while dealing with guests in an appropriate and timely manner. I've learned to be flexible, and fast, but also accurate. Management for this location is amazing, the manager is the best one that i have had in any job. A majority of my coworkers are amazing as well, most of them get their work done by the end of their shift. The hardest part of my job? Absolutley nothing. There are minor annoyances, but this is the easiest job I've ever had. Its all been a pleasure working at this place.
Clerk (Former Employee), Fayetteville, WVApril 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
They did not offer benefits when I worked there and the schedule is not flexible. The work environment was also hostile and management made you feel horrible all of the time.
Great Work Place
Team Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: Long wait time for progressions
Great Company to work for! Great opportunities to travel and engage with people from across the world. Major company within the industry which allows people to be secure in an adverse market.
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Sarasota, FloridaApril 17, 2015
It was based on customer service. I got to interact with my customers always tried to help in their needs. I got to help them in problems they had it was always a new challenge for me always learning something new. I loved the fact that I could help customers solve the problems and make them smile. My co-workers always fun but professional environment. the hard part was working the seven days straight no days of but well worth it I loved my job and making sure customers got what they needed.
More about the Profit than the Consumer
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INApril 16, 2015
Responsibilities:
Performed cash & credit card transactions with patrons.
Sustained a clean & orderly store area.
Accounted for inventory & cash flows.
Executed basic administrative tasks.
lots of perks for doing a good job
CONVENIENCE STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 14, 2015
Pros: the day goes by fast, staying busy is good
Cons: long hours
I enjoy working with the public, dealing with the vendors. It was a challenging position. I moved around to different stores in the Kansas city area and met a lot of great people.
Fun workplace
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 13, 2015
Good people,flexible work schedule (work-life balance,laid back atmosphere).I'm comfortable working with public and enjoyed going to work everyday.
Very professional environment with alot of friendly people
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Elloree, SCApril 13, 2015
i would serve customers speedy service greet talk laugh prepare food coming to work was the most enjoyable each day that I went
Enjoyable work always a joy to be at work.
Deli clerk (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 13, 2015
Pros: we got discount on deli items and also soft drinks.
Cons: breaks you took them when and if you had time. Some days you didn't have time for a break.
A normal day at work starts at 5:00 am, helping with our breakfast rush and dealing with out hot case. I would prepare all the tenders, wedges, corn dogs and other items for our hot case. Attending to customers for the needs of breakfast needs. Around 8 am we would start prepping chicken, and other lunch special items to have lunch ready by 10 am. I worked with a group of wonderful people. Our store manager and Asst. was great. My co-workers were also a joy to be around. We all helped each other out to get our jobs done in a timely manner.
Headquarters