Shell

Shell United States Employee Reviews

Shell is an excellent Company
Senior Risk and Assurance Consultant (Former Employee), houstonFebruary 3, 2015
I love working for this company it has a good safety culture and management is great. I had the opportunity to work on risk management for Shell and they not only treated me very nice but also gave me the freedom to help define certain processes.
Was really fun to work there
Cashier; Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 2, 2015
I liked working at the gas station, except when it got busy, but I still liked it. The managers were great but the company sold out to someone else and they changed are pay from one week to bi-weekly, and even tho we were full time they were giving us part time hours and at minimum wage was hard to pay bills that i owed money on so found work at sitel and gave two week notice at the station.
Dream job!
Executive Editor (Former Employee), The NetherlandsJanuary 22, 2015
There is nothing that I didn't like about this assignment. I was given a clear assignment and the freedom to make it happen with lots of support from many groups and individuals.
I loved being a cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate, cook (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJanuary 21, 2015
I love working with people and making them happy by just being helpful and nice to them.
great work environment
Management (Current Employee), Dundee MiJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexable work schedual
Cons: no breaks and expensive benifits
A typical day at work can be stressful but we have great management. You have to deal with many different people and learn to just look the other way. If you enjoy interation with people and can keep calm under stress then this is a great job to have.
Store manager
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), deerfield beach FLJanuary 20, 2015
Daily operations, money management, payroll and inventory.
• Customer service and merchandising.
• Working within sales targets and budgets.
• Employee hiring and training.
• Management training for company expansion.
• Following and maintaining company policies and procedures.
• Maintaining company equipment.
loved my job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Crete, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: sold out
I loved every minute I was there and if the company had not sold out and sold off their stations I would still be there and still loving it. I had an awesome Manager that taught me so many things and was the direct reason for all my management success and the drive for more that he installed in me.
Good fun job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kings Mills, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Great job, always fun meeting new people, every day was a different experience
manager
manager (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2015
• Responsible for hiring and training [10] team members.
• Trained, coached and monitored staff to ensure smooth adoption of new program.
• Counted cash drawers and made cash deposits.
• Assigned team members to specific duties to best meet the needs of the store.
• Reordered inventory when it dropped below predetermined levels.
• Examined merchandise to verify that it was correctly priced and displayed.
• Scheduled and led weekly store meetings for all team members.
Quick Paced and Fun Place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Potterville, MIJanuary 11, 2015
I cashier and help out the customers. I have learned a lot to how to deal with unhappy customers , all the way to how to deal with un happy employees. The hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is working their hardest. This is hard at times because not everyone has great days everyday.

I have just started my Assistant manager position a couple months back. I love learning all of the paper work and learning all the information about what items we need and what sells the best.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ridgewood, NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: meeting new people!
Cons: no benefit like paid vacation
Typical day at work is meeting and greeting new customers. Managing cash register and doing inventory. End of the day calculating making sure all my inventory is in check. Balancing out the transactions for the day. Co-workers were great, very supportive since i was the youngest they thought me what i needed to know.
An okay place to start in the workforce
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Pacifica, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: free coffee/drinks machine
Cons: only 3 types of shifts, some "types" of customers
A day or morning shift is catering to customers, maintaining upkeep of the store, checking all the gas pumps, and restocking what's needed. In the night shift, there's more cleaning to do, but less customers.

You learn to work a cash register, make coffee, and (when the manager is away) take calls for fuel readings, restock merchandise (happens a lot with tobacco products), and solve problems that customers might have with the pumps (usually they're sliding cards the wrong side). You get occasional paid training sessions (30 mins long) and do monthly online safety reviews.

The management is fair, but the way shifts work is sometimes not. There are only three shifts: morning, noon, and night, each of them eight hours. It goes by seniority so sometimes you end up with the noon shifts no one wants and spend the entire day working, then too tired to do anything afterwards. Once you wake up, it's work time again.

Hardest part of the job isn't the job itself; it's the customers. But it's a customer service job, so there's not much that can be done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is, ironically, the people. Some regulars start to know you by name and can be really nice.
Everyone was friendly and helpful. Nice place to work.
Nana Management Systems - Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaDecember 29, 2014
This was a temporary/contract position supporting the Vice President. Very fast paced highly confidential position with constantly shifting priorities.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working with professional, dedicated and friendly staff.
Fun job
Cashier (Former Employee), Port Saint John, FLDecember 21, 2014
I enjoyed this job because I was the shift manager. I was responsible for making things flow properly. I enjoyed working in a convenient store. You get to see interest things and get to focus solely on tasks and providing the best environment for your customers.
instrumentayion fire&gas
Instrument / fire &gas senior technician (Current Employee), Egypt -west desertDecember 19, 2014
I have 12 years experience in instrumentation and control and fire &gas installation and commissioning and maintenance.
meeting people
Customer Service Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee), Abilene, TXDecember 17, 2014
You meet all sorts of people working as a cashier. I like keeping the coffee on and helping them find anything they're looking for in the store. The employees that I work with are kind and just awesome.
Most of the time this is a fast paced environment and everybody is in a hurry to get somewhere so you have to be quick and very attentive
to the customers needs.
Busy
Logical Access Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2014
the job here is Fast-Paced.. High demand. Its a job so it pays the bills
Good for direct hires.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 15, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: contracting out
Contractors are not well managed. Great people and great work atmostphere. Excellent work ethics within the company that strive for success. Some people look down on contractors who usually end up getting the blunt end of the stick. Great pay and benefits with positiont that teach you everyday and make you want to succeed.
Depends
Cashier (Former Employee), South Haven, MIDecember 10, 2014
Nice place but it greatly depends on your co-workers and management. customers are never the best thing about a customer service job but with the right co-workers and management it can be a good experience.
n/a
Packaging Operator (Current Employee), Galent Park TXDecember 6, 2014
good job
team player
love it
good hour
weekend off
easy to move up in the company
great opportunity

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more

Shell Salaries