Shell Employee Reviews

Found 1,370 reviews matching the search
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port author texasJune 23, 2017
The shell gas station from my experience was good lots of fun an u get to meet new people .Fast pace job lots of different types of people an attitudes you have to b a people person to work there .
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fennville, MIJune 20, 2017
College students would be perfect for this job or anyone looking for an easy paycheck! Come in for an application we are currently hiring for night shift. 202 w Main St Fennville Mi
Pros
Fountain drinks are free during your shift and very frequent breaks
Cons
Customers can be jerks but they leave and then everything is ok
Decent place despite the customers
Night Shift Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 20, 2017
A usual shift started with the second shift person finishing his duties while I took over the register and dealt with the Night rush of customers. After that died down I had to perform other duties like stocking the coolers, the shelves, cleaning the bathrooms, etc. As the night shift cashier the job was to run the entire store by yourself until morning management arrived.

I learned that communication is important on the job because that's how stuff around the workplace gets left undone. I also learned that proper communication helps prevent disasters from happening and worker morale from dropping like the Titanic.

The culture of the place was mostly relaxed until inspection time. Then suddenly the head manager cared about every single little detail and would stress out literally everyone in an attempt to get the perfect score. which would be fine except for the part where he would conveniently forget to dish out the bonuses everyone was supposed to get for the high score.

The hardest part of the job is honestly filling out the time between customers and duties once you figure out the fastest way to do everything that needs to be done before morning since you cant just sit there in front of the camera.

The most enjoyable part is honestly dealing with the various customers. Since the location is right on the freeway you get all sorts of characters coming in from random places so you get to see all sorts of faces and personalities that can make your day (or night)
Pros
Access to food, self-management at night, guarennteed stories to tell
Cons
You have to pay for the food, people have the worst timing, you'll have more annoying or angry stories than good ones.
Workplace is nice and people are friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 19, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Shell. It has been a very nice experience. Many people were friendly and understanding. It was very nice, I worked night shift, so it could have been kind of crazy sometimes.
Cons
no breaks at a gas station like that
Excellent Compensation, Industry Unstable Right Now
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 19, 2017
A typical day in the office for an engineer was more project management than manipulation of physics. Ensuring that people from various teams were all on the same page was of critical importance to the job. Hazy "due dates" for assignments made for a very reasonable work-life balance, but also made it easy to push less critical tasks to the right. Management were all open and willing to listen to their subordinates, and workplace culture was quite relaxed until the oil price tanked. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the daily routine that comes with working for any large corporation. Easiest part was actually accomplishing routine tasks.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
Large structure, job can get repetitive
Exressfull workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 18, 2017
Am working for six month night shift i manage by my self on my shift some times i get tips from customer and other leave their change for me. Work in these company is not good because no security any person get in and disturb me
Systems Programmer
Lead Systems Programmer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
Working for Shell was my first job out of the military and provided many challenges and opportunities. I learned considerable and was able to attend graduate school while working full time. I progressed from applications programmer to start into systems programming on the IBM360 equipment Shell utilized.
Pros
Great opportunities to excel
Cons
lots of short deadlines
Employment
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  TullosJune 15, 2017
Corporate structured business with multiple organisation business groups located around the world, onshore and offshore. Company operates within the Oil and Gas sector from a base in Aberdeen
It was a easy job
Stocking (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 15, 2017
It was a good fun easy job the only bad thing was that the boss would act to bossy and would be mad and take it out on me there that was a con when I was working.
Pros
Not a bad breaker
Cons
No breaks
Hardworking, kind environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Union City, MIJune 14, 2017
I worked third shift primarily and second shift when needed. I was able to go help other locations around the area and they were all very nice! The store manager is absolutely wonderful and she worked very well with my schedule and helped me get as many hours as she could. I worked my hardest every day and Maintained a clean working environment and assured each customer left the store a little happier than when they came in.
Pros
One free fountain pop
Cons
Had a lot of creepy customers, worked alone till 6 in the morning.
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chappaqua, NYJune 14, 2017
Gained a lot of experience. Staff is really patient towards new employees. Calm, safe environment with an interesting community. The best part of this job is that it requires a lot of responsibility which helps develop good skills.
Pros
Patience
Cons
long shifts
A day at shell
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CA 92591June 13, 2017
working at shell isn't really a thinking job. As a cashier I make sure to ring everyone up and input how much gas they need or want. Making sure there is coffee for the customers and also making sure the store is stocked and clean.
Pros
free car wash every pay period
Cons
there isn't really anything beneficial from this job
Shell Review
Trade Floor Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
Provide Support assistance to Remote and VIP Clients in Corporate Campus.
Professional network and system engineer succeed in enhancing and managing your network capabilities, improving its efficiency and reliability, as well as reducing end-user downtime.
Specialize in project management, product deployment, development of interactive databases, and Support.
Provide live technical support, a client support database and onsite monitoring.
Pros
Fast Pace, Learing Experience
Good Working Habits
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJune 12, 2017
Good Employees and hard workers. The supervisor that worked here made sure everything was good and on point. I liked working here i just needed better location.
Alright
Peekskill - Assistant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Peekskill, NYJune 11, 2017
Very nice place to work, was let go from not enough business. You have to bring your own tools and such. Owner very kind and understanding. Would work again if guaranteed not to be let go for at least 6 months.
Pros
Free Coffee and Relaxed Work Environment
Cons
Long Hours and Not much to do.
Good company to work for. Family values.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2017
Good company to work for, and they care about the work/life balance and family. Development is decent, though needs a bit of work. Overall pleasant and good benefits.
When you go to web site for set up interview
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 11, 2017
O hate all the ads before you get set up before you actually get to interview.. There things not even related to that job really cut bs get to web site thank you apperciate it.
Fun workplace
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Weaverville, NCJune 10, 2017
Fun place to work! Very busy. I get to meet a lot of great people. Great team work and great management. Safe place to work. Pay is good for what work is done.
Pros
Team work, fun
Cons
Short breaks
Variable hours/not much advancement
Cashier-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 10, 2017
Loved how fast paced job was but no room for advancement. Was given sufficient breaks but with no sufficient "meal break". Loved working with all the customers & performing their transactions as well.
Pros
fast paced/busy
Cons
not much room to advance
Fast-paced
Cashier/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2017
It was a fast-paced environment with a lot of repeat customers. That was my favorite part, getting a rapport with the customers. It made the job awesome. There was always something to do so I was never bored. The manager I worked with kind of had a quick temper and quite a bit of money I earned I did not see on my paychecks, that is my only complaint about the job. It was a privately owned Shell. The hardest part was the amount of multitasking needed to get everything done, which is literally impossible in one shift. Always something to do! The turnover rate was high at this Shell and I want to work somewhere long term.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.