Shell

Shell Employer Reviews

Fun, exciting experience
Systems Analyst, Shell Trading (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 15, 2014
Management involved in employees day-to-day activities. Everyday different and exiting. Worked with intelligent, knowledgeable people. And enjoyed learning new, exciting things.
I had the opportunity to learn a lot from this business.
Cost Accountant / Assistant Controller (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 15, 2014
I had the opportunity to learn a lot from this business; also I was exposed to different areas of the oil indutry.
Shell is a great place to work
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 11, 2014
A typical day involved communicating with a lot of people to get the job done efficiently. I have learned a lot about the drilling and completion process. The management is great everyone is always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is having to look into old information that may be unavailable at times. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... for me is doing all the research in order to get to the end results. – less
Shell is another nice company in terms of work, job security,management, job, and compensation, i rate them 597\ 600
from rousrabout to floorman (Former Employee), At otumara,abiteye and sapele-west and opucushi .March 10, 2014
i like them due to safety standard job culture and job security, the company have well organised forward plan schedule which made the work so easy for driller,s to preform work without stress.
Very relaxing, positive place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant - Internship (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 10, 2014
This was a internship in HS
- Respectful adults toward a student
- Work load was adequate to time frame
My Job at Shell
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 6, 2014
Pros: hours, co-workers, and free soda
Cons: insurance, rate of pay, and no vacation
I get to work at 4:15am and I start the reports from the computerized register, first I clock in from the register, I then write down the scratch tickets numbers and amounts on a paper provided I start the coffee pot and tea pot. Then at 5 am I open the store for the public.
Management is great, my boss is very supportive and understanding when it comes – more... to the job and my schedule.
My co-workers are great, I get along with all of them, and we have fun at work.
I want to say the hardest part of my job is the customers who aren't very happy, whether it's their personal life that makes them grouchy or the weather, it's been cold lately and it makes everyone mean.
The most enjoyable part of my job is every day is different, even if I see the same people everyday, I love my job and I want another one just like it. – less
Great experience
Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free fountain drinks
Cons: no reg.lunch breaks
Working on cash register and serving lotto customers.Having great customer service account for having a good day.Management work team was efficient it operating each day.The hardest part of the job was haven no benefits.Working with my team was the enjoyable part of the job.
this job was good.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond, TXMarch 6, 2014
I was a cashier and gas station attendant. I was responsible for keep store clean and help each costumer. The main thing I didn't like was the down time. I like to be kept busy.
like this job
Shipment manager (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILMarch 4, 2014
management is great, co-workers are very flexible. I have learned a lot of patience with costumers. Hardest part of the job is dealing with mean stubborn costumers.
Good part-time job
Cashier (Former Employee), Pharr, TXFebruary 27, 2014
It was a good experience but not meant to make it into a career, hours were good, pay was ok, co-workers were good, manager was good. learned how to inventory merchandise and close/open shift inventory.
Work @Shell
Application Developer (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Normal work days
Could learn a lot on Oil and Gas business process
Good Management
Great Team
Could lean a variety of softwares and could learn a lot about il and Gas industry
I enjoy myself with all my co-worker we always had a great time.
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2014
I learn a lot at this job it is a fast pace but i love it and the co-worker is awesome it not a hard job it what you make it we all got alone and tell jokes at times i miss that..
AWESOME PLACE
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Conway, ARFebruary 20, 2014
LOTS GOOD PEOPLE HERE
I MEET LOTE OF PEOPLE THRU THE GENERAL PUBLIC. THE BOSSES ARE GREAT
Work, Life, Balance, with Safety as the number one priority
Land Technician (Current Employee), Warrendale, PAFebruary 19, 2014
I normally work 7:30 to 5 and off every other Friday, I work a 4/80 schedule.

The best part of the job is the flexibility with our schedule, but when it is crunch time, we work until the work is completed and we work as a team.

I love my co-workers and my immediate supervisors, this has been the best team of people I have ever worked with. We are – more... family, it is so sad we are being split apart.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that it is a huge corporation, with headquarters in Houston, the upper management doesn't get to see the day to day hard work of particular individuals. – less
Fun and Friendly Workplace
Clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 17, 2014
I formed good relationships with the co-workers and even some of the customers while working there.
Fun place to work
SENIOR DEVELOPER (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: b
Cons: c
My area of interest was process Improvement. Learnt many ways of implementing process improvement.
they will make you fell like family
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamel, ILFebruary 16, 2014
it is a good place to work
Counting large amounts of money
Customer assistance
Stocking the cooler, cleaning inside and out
Big Oil PMO not too bad
Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: interesting projects
I worked a number of projects for the downstream chemicals PMO during my tenure. PMO leadership was accessible up to the director level, overall competent though not excellent. Project managers were mostly contractors as were development staff and BAs. Staff developers were well below average in knowledge, ability and desire to contribute. Projects – more... typically managed in a rational methodology but leaned heavily towards waterfall. – less
goo place to work
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAFebruary 14, 2014
loved the boss. co workers were good. nice palce to work. learned how to run cash register and stock shelf and coolers
Great easy goin job.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee), liberty hill tx.February 12, 2014
Pros: free soft drinks
Cons: no breaks
well if I am opening the store I start by getting everything up and running along with counting my drawer cash. I then proceed through the day cleaning stocking and cashing out customers until shift change

About Shell

Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, – Read more