Shell Employee Reviews

Found 1,316 reviews matching the search
very good company to work with
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 30, 2017
i worked with shell for a year and learned lot of things such as store management and cashier and csr etc. the job wasn't really hard at all the company is really good.
Pros
a lot of hours of work and over time
Cons
not enough credit for working hard
The shell
gas station, cashier (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYApril 29, 2017
Shell gas station was cool, I learned all my customer service from this job management was great, work was easy and fun employees were way cool and easy to talk too
expects lots of work for very minimal pay
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAApril 28, 2017
job is a basic job if you need the money i woprked her for little over a year i never called out and always took extra shifts i asked for a raise ansd was insulted by being given less then half
Productive and progressive place to learn....until oil price went down
Project Engineer / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 28, 2017
Great place to work, but value paper titles more than experience and real world job success. When oil went down became very cut throat place to work, lost its charm that it had as one of the best.
Pros
Salary, training, large project exp.
Cons
Management knew less about project than people they managed, cut throat mentality, poor diversity and inclusion and paper qualifications trumps actual work
Great place to work, poor managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAApril 28, 2017
The job was great, but the poor management made it hard to see his as a career. Decent pay, occasionally the shifts were long. However, it was good experience.
terrific job loved the people.
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  162nd powellApril 27, 2017
typical day at work/lots and lots of customers.
what i learned /how to accommodate every individual regardless of there background.
management/loving and caring individuals.
the most enjoyable part of the job/ making customers happy with there services obtained.
Ok for retired or high schoolers
Server (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAApril 27, 2017
This job is not for anyone with kids and using this job as main source of income. Hours are available to be worked, but the pay isn't great at all. Good luck.
Pros
Get to meet new people
Cons
No room to grow within the company
Great people to work with however definitely has its problems
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 26, 2017
Its hard as a young female to work in such a place where I am subject to aggressive harassment from customers and am running a store at night alone. The atmosphere is great when working with others but after they leave and you are left alone it gets rough.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
working a gas station alone
Fast environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seagoville, TXApril 26, 2017
Great customer service fast working pace, working with flexible hours. Part-time available and full time available. Fun and easy working environment friendly customer service
Cashier/customer service/stocking and clean up.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  1001 Crestwood blvd Birminham Al 35210April 24, 2017
It was a learning experience,lots of work ,very dangerous. I learned strength, caution,and organization. It was hard but rewarding. Not much team work but it was a challenge.
Pros
There were good friendly people every day.
Cons
Lonely/lots of stocking/may get robbed.
Great place to work definitely have to be a people person always talking with customers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort walton beach floridaApril 23, 2017
Typical work day is making sure the store is clean still and setup before customers come. I learned you have to be patient with people so many different personalities. Learned how to close the store for the night by myself didn't think I would be able to. Management was great always helpful never had an issue always got compliments about my work. Hardest part was learning how to ring things up and having to learn how to fix an issue when something didn't ring in correctly. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and the coworkers.
Pros
For lunch you could bring your own or clock out and buy something there.
Cons
Rude people sometimes and co workers not showing up. Not great benefits
OK job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holgate, OHApril 23, 2017
Ok job when it comes t hours they try to be flexible but sometimes they are just understaffed. Great to interact with customers and get to know regulars
good place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
I worked at Shell for 10 year right out of college. it was a good company to work for and I learned a lot. I managed to have various jobs that were challenging and rewarding.
Balanced workload, Decent pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILApril 20, 2017
Nothing complicated about the job. Taking care of customer issues at the pump, or inside. Filling propane tanks, anywhere from 20lb tanks to full size RV's.
Okay not okay
Front Clerk Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2017
Worked for this company waaay too long in fear of not finding another job. Waited so long til I got fired for oversleeping after working a double shift. Was there for them when they needed me the most but weren't understanding. Not saying all gasoline stations operate the same just your luck on who the owners are.
Pros
Unlimited soda refills with your own cup
Cons
No breaks, Asian owned
Fun and productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
I loved it here! The engineers and Administrative staff were really nice! I made lifetime friends there and they really help you advance and work with your schedule!
Pros
People, pay
Shell Gas
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 18, 2017
This job is entry level and fast paced. Many things to do at this gas station. Many opportunities to learn on the job things such as filling propane tanks.
fun and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 17, 2017
Was a very productive day,I always give the best customer services to everybody. The best management people I ever work good coworkers and excellent place to lear.
Rewarding
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 17, 2017
It was a job I took on because it was close to home and offered steady hours. The work was hard and long but rewarding. Other employees and I worked well together.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
My personal experience wasn't very good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 16, 2017
I worked at Shell for 5 years and it was a tough job mostly because of bad scheduling, and customers being rude and taking out their problems on you. I would still suggest people work there because it is a job and they are always hiring but don't expect to go very far with the company, if you can work there until you find a good job it is a good inbetween job because it does pay the bills but it won't support a comfortable lifestyle.
Pros
It pays
Cons
If you are working alone you have no times for breaks or lunches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval