Shelter Distribution

Shelter Distribution Employer Reviews

great place but temp
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOAugust 8, 2013
a wonderful place to work but very temporary. only a couple of months temp
Sales and goal driven environment
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 11, 2013
Pros: challenging; thrives on organization;
Cons: severe understaffing, sometimes incredibly long hours, company seems to need an ee to sacrifice personal life to advance career
The things I enjoy most about this job are often the same thing as what I like least. It is definitely a challenging atmosphere, and the only way to succeed is to continue to push yourself to learn and do more. At the same time, the reason it is this way is there is a constant shortage of employees. On any given day, I might start in the office but – more... quickly have to stop everything I'm doing to go make a delivery or run the warehouse while Warehouse Manager makes a delivery.
Probably the thing I like least is how often the days plans get changed in an effort to satisfy a customers needs while balancing not having a properly staffed delivery team. However, I enjoy knowing that I and my co-workers will do anything we can to get the job done, and branch manager is there to help as often as possible. Being a department manager for two years has taught me a lot about people and myself, and I constantly seek ways to improve myself and my company in whatever ways possible.
There are three of us who have worked together at this branch for almost nine years, and the camaraderie we share is great. We often know what the other is thinking or needing without having to communicate it, but our ability to communicate with each other is excellent as well. – less
Former Driver
CDL Driver (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 29, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: safety
Driver pay was the only good thing this company had going for it. Training was non-existent, learn as you go. Safety was not important to this company at all. Trucks had major problems, but company continued to use them, even after being warned of problems. Expect to work 12-14 hours straight with no breaks. Moral is very low. I came close to violating – more... my 14 hour clock several times. If you value your CDL DO NOT HIRE ON with this company. Had to quit not worth the CSA points. – less
no advancement
Driver (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 12, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: new manager every year
Prepare to be micro-managed like never before, and don't let them fool you with all of the safety talk because no matter how unsafe something is you'll be expected to do it. Poor vehicle maintenance, and no promotion opportunities, they will hire someone with no idea how to do the job to tell you how to do it.YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.
Really good people to work with, always joking and helpful if you need it
Straight Truck Driver, Boom Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 7, 2013
Pros: we had christmas parties, a lot of cook outs at the company during a work day to drum up the roofers business
Cons: sometimes had to many hours, not enough time to eat lunch or take a decent vacation, and usually doing 11 to 12 hour days
This was a really good job, good health benefits, 401 K, Long Term and Short Term Disability, Dental and good vacation time at least up until the housing market dropped out from under us.
Exterior Building Products Distributior
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Des MoinesJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: slower in winter
I work with contractors and Home builders on roofing, siding and windows.
Runs Lean and work is steady
Assistant Credit Manager (Current Employee), TexasJanuary 4, 2013
My typical day at work is never the same. Working in the Roofing Business is very intersting and fast pace work environment. Two things I love because it is always busy.