SHELTERING ARMS Employee Reviews

If you enjoy working with children, then you'll love SA.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Union City, GAAugust 14, 2015
Great working atmosphere. Fun and inviting for children as well as teachers and parents. Fun and educational training and workshops. Strongly believes in continuing education.
mediocre at best
Part-time Teacher (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAAugust 10, 2015
working at sheltering arms is an ok job if you are fine with dealing with a lot of workplace drama. the management does not care for their teacher and the center director can come off as chauvinistic. the pay is terrible along with the benefits.
Invaluable experience
Center Director (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2015
great benefits: really unheard of in today's market
challenging work environment
fast-paced
friendly staff
nice families
This organization really cares about setting and raising the benchmark for quality care and education in the lives of young children.
Overall good place to work
Family Support Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2015
I am part of the management team of five people. Good environment to work in but very long days some times. The pay is to low for the position.
Friendly learning enviroment, caters to childern and families
Teacher (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Benifits, Lunch, Positive atmosphere
Cons: Wages
A typical day at work is fun and fast pace. Working for Sheltering Arms, you will never have a dull moment.
I've had so much types of training from CPR, Fire and Safety, Bright from The Start, Read Right from The Start, etc.
The management team is pretty good, there are some defaults, but it's not major.
My co-workers are amazing, fun loving and helpful. They make the day go by so fast and they all treat the children, parents, and management team the same.
The hardest part of the job is having full participation from parents on different activities, but we still have to consider that not everyone has the same income.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making life long connections with each student and parent. Having a child run up to you and give you the biggest hug then immediately want to tell you everything that has happened to them makes your heart melt. The child trusts you and feels comfortable enough. I love that feeling.
Great experience
MST- SA Therapist (Former Employee), Queens, NYJune 17, 2015
Great Job, however it is underpaid for the work that is required. Management is supportive to growth with certain people.The most difficult part of the job is balancing the the treatment model, with agency requirements. There is a lot of travel in this job and sometimes can be one of the most difficult aspects of the job
Good Social Service Agency for the Community
MH Office Manager (Current Employee), Queens, NYJune 17, 2015
A good Article 31 Social Service Agency for the Community. They provide services to families of all ages and have many locations within the NYC area to accommodate the public.
fun laid back place to work.
Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Lunch, great benefits, no traffic to and from work.
Cons: communication, management, benefits, salary
Productive, creative work place, benefits, a place that cares about the children. I am a lead infant teacher so sometime, it does get hectic, trying to take care of everyone's needs and want. I am thankful for the opportunity to be employed there.
Enjoyable place to work
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), College Park, GAMay 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free parking
Cook nutritious meals for 250+ people
Order inventory when needed and stay within food budget for business
Management team was fun to be around and co-workers became just like family
I enjoyed the looks on the kids faces when they received their food because it was food they loved to eat
Productive great team of people.
Contact person - Jeffrey Orth (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 19, 2015
Scanning in-patient, out-patient charts, and physician notes.
Faxing, phones, copying. and systems and computer programs to help me achieve my job duties.

I learned how to use the tools provided by Sheltering Arms to help me do my job.

The management leadership was the best I have ever worked for.

Great co-workers we had an awesome team.

The hardest part of this job was the leadership change.

Everything was great about my job, people, hours 7:30 to 4:00, no weekends. Working toward a common goal, having the ability to be part of a solution.

This all went bad when our director walked out.
Overworked and underpaid but working with the kids are the best!
Case Planner (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 25, 2015
Pros: My schedule is fliexiable
Cons: No retirement plan
A Typical day at work includes engaging with youth at risk ages 14 to 21. Advocating for youth in court, school and the community. I am also responsible for completing reports and notes about youth progress. My co-workers and I work as a team for the most part but it can be stressful and unproductive when everyone isn't on the same page. The Hardest part about the job is working with the unprofessional staff that don't work together as a team to get the job done, The most fruitful part of the job is my relationship that I have with my youth, I have been able to sustain a healthy and productive relationship with them. As a result of my positive relationship with them most of my youth reach or on track to hit personal goals,
Bankrupt
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 6, 2015
Many good people. Unfortunately this 100+ year old non profit went bankrupt. There was a great deal of politics that governed advancement.
Good
Youth Specialist/ Workshop Facilitator (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 2, 2015
Good people and doing something for the youth of NYC is very important! I would love to stay in this field....... Thanks a million!
Workplace
Teacher (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great teamwork, warm environment
Cons: management is horrible, and you can't advance in the company
Its a good job and the kids are wonderful. The teachers are great and it is good teamwork and a great atmosphere. The benefits are great and the job is very rewarding especially with the kids.
lovable place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), union city gaJanuary 6, 2015
the people here were great allowed me to go to school and still work love working with the staff and children
sheltering arms
Caregiver (Former Employee), Ocala, FLNovember 21, 2014
Pros: caring for kids
Cons: seeing kids cry for their parents
Working at sheltering arms was great. I've seen children ome and go. Many children was sad because they couldn't see there families anymore.
Great co workers:) awesome scheduales
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VANovember 13, 2014
Great staff, hours, and flexibility. Always extra hours to pick up, and sometimes offered premium pay. 30 min break sometimes to busy to take. No smoking on property.

You can wear printed scrubs :)

Fun place to work!
cool
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Oakley TownshipOctober 8, 2014
Working at Sheltering Arms has been a very pleasant experience. I have learned a lot from my years working here.
A great work place, but little pay
Fitness Therapist/Parkinson's Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 19, 2014
A typical day at Sheltering Arms does tap into the neuro capabilities of every employee. However, the pay is not the greatest, nor is the management. However, the directors and the Board of Directors and other upper management is phenomenal!
great experience
Administrative Assistant Inpatient - Outpatient (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAApril 14, 2014
This company is amazing to work for. The staff work wonders on the patients.