SHELTERING ARMS

SHELTERING ARMS United States Employee Reviews

Bankrupt
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 6, 2015
Many good people. Unfortunately this 100+ year old non profit went bankrupt. There was a great deal of politics that governed advancement.
Good
Youth Specialist/ Workshop Facilitator (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 2, 2015
Good people and doing something for the youth of NYC is very important! I would love to stay in this field....... Thanks a million!
Workplace
Teacher (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great teamwork, warm environment
Cons: management is horrible, and you can't advance in the company
Its a good job and the kids are wonderful. The teachers are great and it is good teamwork and a great atmosphere. The benefits are great and the job is very rewarding especially with the kids.
lovable place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), union city gaJanuary 6, 2015
the people here were great allowed me to go to school and still work love working with the staff and children
sheltering arms
Caregiver (Former Employee), Ocala, FLNovember 21, 2014
Pros: caring for kids
Cons: seeing kids cry for their parents
Working at sheltering arms was great. I've seen children ome and go. Many children was sad because they couldn't see there families anymore.
Great co workers:) awesome scheduales
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VANovember 13, 2014
Great staff, hours, and flexibility. Always extra hours to pick up, and sometimes offered premium pay. 30 min break sometimes to busy to take. No smoking on property.

You can wear printed scrubs :)

Fun place to work!
cool
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Oakley TownshipOctober 8, 2014
Working at Sheltering Arms has been a very pleasant experience. I have learned a lot from my years working here.
A great work place, but little pay
Fitness Therapist/Parkinson's Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 19, 2014
A typical day at Sheltering Arms does tap into the neuro capabilities of every employee. However, the pay is not the greatest, nor is the management. However, the directors and the Board of Directors and other upper management is phenomenal!
great experience
Administrative Assistant Inpatient - Outpatient (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAApril 14, 2014
This company is amazing to work for. The staff work wonders on the patients.
I enjoyed working as a Food service assistant and I also enjoyed the interaction with the kids and parents.
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Union City, GAMarch 25, 2014
I will assist the manager with preparing breakfast,lunch, and snack for the children. I learned how to be able to cook for a large amount of people. I enjoyed my co- workers at the job they were friendly, helpful. I enjoyed on my down time to go interact with the different children, so that they get to know me outside of the kitchen.
Awesome work place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: helping alzheimer's members
Cons: seeing them leave the facility.
Fun
How to prepare myself in work environment
Great
I volunteered
Changes in the members
Activities,crafts and helping the members.
A fun and Learning environment
Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2014
Having the capability of introducing innovative and creative tactics to make learning a fun experience. Hear at Sheltering Arms you are part of a growing team that works together to make it a wonderful place for families. This is a pleasant environment and every experience is a learning experience
Job Summary
Accounts Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 22, 2013
Provided administrative support to finance director and accountants.
Maintained accounts payable. accounts receivable, payroll, and financial budgeting.
Recruited, trained, and supervised other team members.
Scheduled Appointments, Interviewed Clients, and processed applications for assistance programs.
Hosted educational seminars and attended staff meetings and other organizational sponsored activities.
productive and safe learning environment for children
Head start teacher (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAOctober 9, 2013
I enjoyed working for sheltering arms,a very clean and safe learning environment for children.I would highly recommend to any parent with small children.lesson plans fit each child's needs,healthy meals.
A productive workday
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2013
On a average day for me at work I'm usually
•Planing activities that stimulate growth in language, social and motor skills.
•Providing children with individual attention.
•Communicating with parents on a regular basis
fun
Nursing Tech 3 (Former Employee), mechanicsvilleJuly 19, 2013
Everyone was great to work with. They take great care of the patients
Fun Place
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher/Lead Teacher Preschool (Current Employee), Union City, GAJune 7, 2013
Pros: health insurance premium covered for full time employees!
Cons: not having enough coverage for classrooms
A great place if you truly enjoy working with children. Lots of trainings available and opportunity to really figure out which age group best suites your patience level.
Poor
LPN (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAMarch 26, 2013
Days were long and exhausted. Nurse to patient ratio was awful. Would not ever work there again.
Revolving door
teacher (Former Employee), east pointFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: decent salary to start
Cons: super short breaks, lack of support from management, high turnover rate
Sheltering Arms is an rather interesting place to work. The overall concept to help children and families is awesome, but some how falls to the wayside as mis -management takes over. This place is a revolving door and the reason is easy to see.........mis-management.
Teachers are overworked, get super short breaks and have tons of paperwork to be done at the same time while dealing with young children who have behavior issues.
Rewarding Job with an open door policy
Lead Teacher of Early Head Start (Current Employee), Marietta, Ga 30008February 20, 2013
Pros: benefits, salary
Cons: short breaks
I open my room so my job is to setup supplies for that day activities. I clean all tables with three bottles one with soap water, disinfect and sanitize the tables. I greet each parent and child at the door with a smile. i also perform a health check on the children and write down any marks visible on my attendance sheet. I'm the lead teacher so I have two other teachers that I'm responsible for each day. At the end of each month I do a teacher evaluations on each teachers performance. I have two hard working co-workers who makes my job much easier they both posses great leadership skills. The hardest part of my job is the continuous change in rules and the endless paper work. The most enjoyable part of my job is the love for the children in my care and when they accomplish a task that once was hard for them to accomplish.