SHELTERING ARMS

SHELTERING ARMS Employee Reviews

Good Social Service Agency for the Community
MH Office Manager (Current Employee), Queens, NYJune 17, 2015
A good Article 31 Social Service Agency for the Community. They provide services to families of all ages and have many locations within the NYC area to accommodate the public.
fun laid back place to work.
Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Lunch, great benefits, no traffic to and from work.
Cons: communication, management, benefits, salary
Productive, creative work place, benefits, a place that cares about the children. I am a lead infant teacher so sometime, it does get hectic, trying to take care of everyone's needs and want. I am thankful for the opportunity to be employed there.
Enjoyable place to work
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), College Park, GAMay 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free parking
Cook nutritious meals for 250+ people
Order inventory when needed and stay within food budget for business
Management team was fun to be around and co-workers became just like family
I enjoyed the looks on the kids faces when they received their food because it was food they loved to eat
Productive great team of people.
Contact person - Jeffrey Orth (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 19, 2015
Scanning in-patient, out-patient charts, and physician notes.
Faxing, phones, copying. and systems and computer programs to help me achieve my job duties.

I learned how to use the tools provided by Sheltering Arms to help me do my job.

The management leadership was the best I have ever worked for.

Great co-workers we had an awesome team.

The hardest part of this job was the leadership change.

Everything was great about my job, people, hours 7:30 to 4:00, no weekends. Working toward a common goal, having the ability to be part of a solution.

This all went bad when our director walked out.
Overworked and underpaid but working with the kids are the best!
Case Planner (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 25, 2015
Pros: My schedule is fliexiable
Cons: No retirement plan
A Typical day at work includes engaging with youth at risk ages 14 to 21. Advocating for youth in court, school and the community. I am also responsible for completing reports and notes about youth progress. My co-workers and I work as a team for the most part but it can be stressful and unproductive when everyone isn't on the same page. The Hardest part about the job is working with the unprofessional staff that don't work together as a team to get the job done, The most fruitful part of the job is my relationship that I have with my youth, I have been able to sustain a healthy and productive relationship with them. As a result of my positive relationship with them most of my youth reach or on track to hit personal goals,
Bankrupt
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 6, 2015
Many good people. Unfortunately this 100+ year old non profit went bankrupt. There was a great deal of politics that governed advancement.
Good
Youth Specialist/ Workshop Facilitator (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 2, 2015
Good people and doing something for the youth of NYC is very important! I would love to stay in this field....... Thanks a million!
Workplace
Teacher (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great teamwork, warm environment
Cons: management is horrible, and you can't advance in the company
Its a good job and the kids are wonderful. The teachers are great and it is good teamwork and a great atmosphere. The benefits are great and the job is very rewarding especially with the kids.
lovable place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), union city gaJanuary 6, 2015
the people here were great allowed me to go to school and still work love working with the staff and children
sheltering arms
Caregiver (Former Employee), Ocala, FLNovember 21, 2014
Pros: caring for kids
Cons: seeing kids cry for their parents
Working at sheltering arms was great. I've seen children ome and go. Many children was sad because they couldn't see there families anymore.
Great co workers:) awesome scheduales
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VANovember 13, 2014
Great staff, hours, and flexibility. Always extra hours to pick up, and sometimes offered premium pay. 30 min break sometimes to busy to take. No smoking on property.

You can wear printed scrubs :)

Fun place to work!
cool
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Oakley TownshipOctober 8, 2014
Working at Sheltering Arms has been a very pleasant experience. I have learned a lot from my years working here.
A great work place, but little pay
Fitness Therapist/Parkinson's Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 19, 2014
A typical day at Sheltering Arms does tap into the neuro capabilities of every employee. However, the pay is not the greatest, nor is the management. However, the directors and the Board of Directors and other upper management is phenomenal!
great experience
Administrative Assistant Inpatient - Outpatient (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAApril 14, 2014
This company is amazing to work for. The staff work wonders on the patients.
I enjoyed working as a Food service assistant and I also enjoyed the interaction with the kids and parents.
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Union City, GAMarch 25, 2014
I will assist the manager with preparing breakfast,lunch, and snack for the children. I learned how to be able to cook for a large amount of people. I enjoyed my co- workers at the job they were friendly, helpful. I enjoyed on my down time to go interact with the different children, so that they get to know me outside of the kitchen.
Awesome work place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: helping alzheimer's members
Cons: seeing them leave the facility.
Fun
How to prepare myself in work environment
Great
I volunteered
Changes in the members
Activities,crafts and helping the members.
A fun and Learning environment
Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2014
Having the capability of introducing innovative and creative tactics to make learning a fun experience. Hear at Sheltering Arms you are part of a growing team that works together to make it a wonderful place for families. This is a pleasant environment and every experience is a learning experience
Job Summary
Accounts Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 22, 2013
Provided administrative support to finance director and accountants.
Maintained accounts payable. accounts receivable, payroll, and financial budgeting.
Recruited, trained, and supervised other team members.
Scheduled Appointments, Interviewed Clients, and processed applications for assistance programs.
Hosted educational seminars and attended staff meetings and other organizational sponsored activities.
productive and safe learning environment for children
Head start teacher (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAOctober 9, 2013
I enjoyed working for sheltering arms,a very clean and safe learning environment for children.I would highly recommend to any parent with small children.lesson plans fit each child's needs,healthy meals.
A productive workday
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2013
On a average day for me at work I'm usually
•Planing activities that stimulate growth in language, social and motor skills.
•Providing children with individual attention.
•Communicating with parents on a regular basis

SHELTERING ARMS Salaries