SHELTERING ARMS Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work such a friendly environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAApril 22, 2016
My very first job and I loved it, sheltering arms taught me how to communicate with people in a professional setting. The hardest park for me was working with kids, but after a week or two the taught me treat to keeping kids calm and happy while teaching them
Productive work place
HomeFinding Social Worker / Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2016
I learned to work well with others and was able to make changes in the lives of others. The company has room for advancement.
avoid at all cost
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
don't work here stay away avoid at all cost
horrible horrible place!
staff is horrible, conditions are horrible pay is horrible.
Pros
Cons
everything
Bad workplace
Food Service Manger (Former Employee) –  Union City, GANovember 11, 2015
When sheltering arm got a new CEO it have went from a ten to a four
No professionalism Need to have a union.Don't follow policy and procedure rules a lot of turnovers people don't stay because of the pay.
Pros
Had pros but not anymore
Cons
Have good health benifits
Non supportive of staff
group leader (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 22, 2015
Very rewarding to work with children. No job security no room for growth. No staff loyalty working with this company the only enjoyable activity are the ones involving the children.
Cons
no healthcare, no job stability
Sheltering Arms
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2015
I learned that children are precious no matter the behavior or environment that they are in. I am always excited about being able to teach each children that I have and help them learn what is needed from day to day to get them to the next level in their life.
Case Aide Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 22, 2015
I only volunteer here. The people here are great, they make me feel as a co-worker to them. I learned so much working here.
Pros
Experince
Cons
non-paid
Providing great customer service
Family Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 31, 2015
The environment was great. The customers were a joy to be around. The staff were very knowledgeable and very helful. The children were a joy to have.
Pros
customer
Cons
short breaks
If you enjoy working with children, then you'll love SA.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAAugust 14, 2015
Great working atmosphere. Fun and inviting for children as well as teachers and parents. Fun and educational training and workshops. Strongly believes in continuing education.
mediocre at best
Part-time Teacher (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 10, 2015
working at sheltering arms is an ok job if you are fine with dealing with a lot of workplace drama. the management does not care for their teacher and the center director can come off as chauvinistic. the pay is terrible along with the benefits.
Invaluable experience
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2015
great benefits: really unheard of in today's market
challenging work environment
fast-paced
friendly staff
nice families
This organization really cares about setting and raising the benchmark for quality care and education in the lives of young children.
Overall good place to work
Family Support Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2015
I am part of the management team of five people. Good environment to work in but very long days some times. The pay is to low for the position.
Friendly learning enviroment, caters to childern and families
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at work is fun and fast pace. Working for Sheltering Arms, you will never have a dull moment.
I've had so much types of training from CPR, Fire and Safety, Bright from The Start, Read Right from The Start, etc.
The management team is pretty good, there are some defaults, but it's not major.
My co-workers are amazing, fun loving and helpful. They make the day go by so fast and they all treat the children, parents, and management team the same.
The hardest part of the job is having full participation from parents on different activities, but we still have to consider that not everyone has the same income.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making life long connections with each student and parent. Having a child run up to you and give you the biggest hug then immediately want to tell you everything that has happened to them makes your heart melt. The child trusts you and feels comfortable enough. I love that feeling.
Pros
Benifits, Lunch, Positive atmosphere
Cons
Wages
Great experience
MST- SA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 17, 2015
Great Job, however it is underpaid for the work that is required. Management is supportive to growth with certain people.The most difficult part of the job is balancing the the treatment model, with agency requirements. There is a lot of travel in this job and sometimes can be one of the most difficult aspects of the job
Good Social Service Agency for the Community
MH Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 17, 2015
A good Article 31 Social Service Agency for the Community. They provide services to families of all ages and have many locations within the NYC area to accommodate the public.
fun laid back place to work.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2015
Productive, creative work place, benefits, a place that cares about the children. I am a lead infant teacher so sometime, it does get hectic, trying to take care of everyone's needs and want. I am thankful for the opportunity to be employed there.
Pros
Lunch, great benefits, no traffic to and from work.
Cons
communication, management, benefits, salary
Enjoyable place to work
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMay 25, 2015
Cook nutritious meals for 250+ people
Order inventory when needed and stay within food budget for business
Management team was fun to be around and co-workers became just like family
I enjoyed the looks on the kids faces when they received their food because it was food they loved to eat
Pros
free lunch, free parking
Productive great team of people.
Contact person - Jeffrey Orth (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 19, 2015
Scanning in-patient, out-patient charts, and physician notes.
Faxing, phones, copying. and systems and computer programs to help me achieve my job duties.

I learned how to use the tools provided by Sheltering Arms to help me do my job.

The management leadership was the best I have ever worked for.

Great co-workers we had an awesome team.

The hardest part of this job was the leadership change.

Everything was great about my job, people, hours 7:30 to 4:00, no weekends. Working toward a common goal, having the ability to be part of a solution.

This all went bad when our director walked out.
Overworked and underpaid but working with the kids are the best!
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 25, 2015
A Typical day at work includes engaging with youth at risk ages 14 to 21. Advocating for youth in court, school and the community. I am also responsible for completing reports and notes about youth progress. My co-workers and I work as a team for the most part but it can be stressful and unproductive when everyone isn't on the same page. The Hardest part about the job is working with the unprofessional staff that don't work together as a team to get the job done, The most fruitful part of the job is my relationship that I have with my youth, I have been able to sustain a healthy and productive relationship with them. As a result of my positive relationship with them most of my youth reach or on track to hit personal goals,
Pros
My schedule is fliexiable
Cons
No retirement plan
Bankrupt
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2015
Many good people. Unfortunately this 100+ year old non profit went bankrupt. There was a great deal of politics that governed advancement.