Shenandoah University

Shenandoah University Employer Reviews

Good
First-Year Seminar Mentor (Current Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 14, 2014
Good work study, I enjoy it. I loved being a mentor. It was an amazing program to be apart of.
Great opportunity to learn and help out students while balancing school workload
Assistant in Nursing Skills Lab (Former Employee), Winchester, VADecember 18, 2013
I provided assistance to students who were learning nursing skills and ensured proper set-up and equipment were available for faculty and students for skills lab classes
Recent Restructuring has created want for career change
Manager - Admissions Operations (Current Employee), Winchester, VADecember 8, 2013
Started at Shenandoah in 2012 as temporary employee, and after ten months was promoted into Management position. Thoroughly enjoy those I work with; however recent Management restructuring has created a strong desire to change careers.

I supervise and manage two full time employees, as well as 12 student employees year round. It is a very busy job, – more... there is never "not work to do"! Job entails heavy data entry as well as reporting to ensure data integrity. – less
Small college with non-profit organization culture, policies change often
Web Administrator (Former Employee), Winchester, VANovember 14, 2013
Easy commute, maintained the software updates and reliabilities, supported the system and applied changes as needed. Met with internal clients, gathered requirements to developed business concept and collaborated with SMEs to make adjustment as needed. Reports gathering. Frequently interact with management and executives.
Interesting and intrinsically rewarding work
Director (Former Employee), Winchester, VAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: interesting and intrinsically rewarding work; safe and comfortable environment
Cons: micromanagement and high number of work hours
I worked there over five years with many friendly, polite and productive people. It was wonderful to be part of the team. The environment, overtime expectations and management changed over the years. I do hope things improve for the next person in the same position.
Learn, Grown, Play, Succeed
Admissions Assistant/ Marketing and Communications (Former Employee), Winchester, VAAugust 5, 2013
Great staff and faculty. Very diverse place to learn and work. Enjoyable environment.
Working with students was a plus
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: cheap lunches
Cons: healthcare
I had two co-workers that made this job fun on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was the micro-management.
Very interesting way to meet many talented musicians and other performers
Stage Hand (Current Employee), Winchester, VAMay 6, 2013
Pros: being able to meet famous musicians, flexible schedules, was kept busy
Cons: confusing and often conflicting work times, long hours
Work usually starts off with me and the other hands moving equipment and/or instruments onto the stage before the performances. We then discussed the lighting and sound arrangements for the show. When the performers arrived, we would ask what needed to be done during the performance, and would make a schedule of what needed to be brought onto the stage – more... and at what time during the performance. After the performance we then clean up the stage, putting instruments and equipment away.

I learned how to manage multiple things at once, how to interact with performers or others who need assistance in their jobs, and how to keep a level head when things go wrong.

Management for this year was decent, but also unorganized. Many workers were constantly confused about when they were supposed to come into work and where shows were being held.

Co-workers were very easy to work, communicate, and coordinate jobs with. Very friendly and pleasant to work with.

The hardest part was keeping up with the schedule as well as being able to attend all of my classes. We would have to find a replacement for work if we had conflicts.

The most enjoyable part was being able to meet and work with so many talented and interesting individuals. – less