Shepherd Center

Shepherd Center Employer Reviews

Building a New System
Support Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2014
I loved working at The Shepherd Center. This was a brand new build of the system for Shepherd. Although there was a huge learning curve for the staff, they were very understanding and wonderful to work with. I love a challenge, and with all the custom assessments, this was a challenge. What fun!
Great place with leadership issues
Rehab Team (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: wonderful rehab programs, hospital staff work well together as a team, friendly place to work.
Cons: management, limited professional growth
Things really need to be shaken up in the middle management area. Most have been there for more than a decade and are stuck in the way that things have worked. Granted Shepherd Center has done some groundbreaking things in the area of TBI and SCI rehab but that does not mean there is no room for improvement. Management is often the cause of a lot of – more... tension in the work place due to inadequate communication skills with the staff. There is also an air of mistrust that causes a lot of perception problems and often forced resignation or termination of a staff member which increases the already high rate of staff turnover - it's a vicious cycle that upper management is hopefully taking note of in their assessment of the hospital's programs. Management should learn to value and trust the people they hired to do their job and to contribute new things to the organization as the old ways that have been perfected are learned. – less
it's ok
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaJuly 16, 2014
it's a nice place to workFocus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Felt like part of a family
PATIENT CARE TECH11 (Former Employee), Buckhead, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: meet wonderful people, feel part of a team
All Care for quads and parapalegic paients. Including but not limited to bowel /bladder management.
Greta place to work
Clinical Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta GAJune 19, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: traffic on peachtree
Best place to work for professional growth. Patients were the best part of my day. Over all very friendly staff and great leadership.
ok place to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2014
This is a ok place to work your able to have peace of mind to do your job at your speed.
VERY FRIENDLY COMPANY
Assist patients (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2014
Pros: looked foward to assist my patients
Cons: bieng opened mined with dealing with anyone.
I WORK VERY WELL TO PROTECT THE POLICY AND PROCEDURES..I RESPECT TEAM WORK AND I HAVE LEARNED SOME MUCH WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY FOR 4.5 YEARS.THE CHALLENGING PART ABOUT MY JOB WAS BOWEL PROGRAMS,I LITERALLY PRAYED THROUGH MY TRANING BECAUSE I NEEDED THE JOB AND IT GOT BETTER FOR ME..I GOT ALONE WITH MY CO-WORKERS.
A Fun workplace where we help people at the same time
Medical Assistant (PRN) (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaMarch 18, 2014
Working at the call center is different from working in thw clinic dealing with actual patients. You come in, log into your data system. For me, I'm either doing medications; where I call in prescriptions to various pharmacies. Or home health, where I send the doctor different paperwork about patient's lab results, reports, and/or wheelchair requests, – more... as well as therapy requests. – less
Hardworking compassionate workplace
Therapy Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits, on sight work out facility
Cons: i can't think of one
Shepherd Center is a Hospital for people with brain and spinal cord injuries. A typical day of work consists of displaying a high level of customer care. The atmosphere at the Shepherd Center is very friendly and up-beat, which allows your caregiving experience one to remember.
shepherd is a good company, takes care of its workers
Rehab Tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2013
I learned so much at Shepherd Center, How to be able to multitask and being on time knowing you have a patient that needs to be at an appointment at a certain time. Learning different skills and keeping you certified in your profession with advancement every year.
Rehab
Certified Nursing Assistant/PCT (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2013
The Shepherd Center is a wonderful place for rehab. The management could work on there personalities and the way the interact with their employees.
Great Place to work!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2013
Learning something new everyday. Faced paced energenic work place.
A good place to work
General customer service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2013
A hardworking supervisor, always gets the job done, and my co-workers were fair and very friendly and also loved working at the hotel
Excellent facility
Senior Leadership Practicum (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2013
High quality patient care. Positive work environment. Organized system.
fun work place
floor tech (Former Employee), atlanta gaMarch 26, 2013
Pros: discount in lunch room
shepherd is good place to work good pay and most of the cowork are
nice.

April 14, 2013

I'm in school for medical coding and billing and I saw this on indeed, but there is an exam on filing. Did you have to go through that and if so was it hard? I've seen how to file with the two digit #s, but we didn't go through it as much.

Excellent organization to work for.
Community Work Incentives Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2012
Pros: benefits and incentives.
Shepherd Center is an excellent non-profit organiztion to work for and all the employee through out the center are very professional and the hospitality is great. I have learned that everyone is treated fairly and kind. The Directors that I work for are the greatest they really care about their staff and if you have a family situation they are there – more... without micromanaging. My co-workers are the greatest, this is the first organization where there everyone is very supportive of each other and works as a team. The hardest part of the job is trying to serve the consumers and the want answers right now instead listening to what is actually being said. The most enjoyable part of the job is having patience. – less
Well accredited rehab facility
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2012
Enjoyed working with this company. For the most part everyone was friendly. I enjoy helping people.
Fun place to work
MA Multi-Clinic Floater (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2012
Pros: helpful
Cons: sadness
This place is an enjoyable place to work. The staff is very friendly towards each other as well as patients. The hardest part of this job is talking to patients and listening to their story of how they wouldn't walk again.
NOT SUPPORTIVE OF EMPLOYEES
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2012
Pros: the experience of seeing how the patient are healed
Cons: wish my stay was more pleasing
EXPERIENCE WAS NOT THE BEST THERE, BUT THE EXPERIENCE OF CARING AND SEEING THE PATIENT WAS VALUABLE
Great growth opportunity and educational advancement
Grant Research Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2012
Worked 12 hours days. Supervisor hired incompetent friends for research positions. I learned how to do the work for 4 people. Hardest part of job was going to work and doing work and clocking back in when I returned home. The most enjoyable part was my lunch break.