Shepherd Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great atmosphere
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2015
Superior training and great management at the Shepherd Center. The shift hours are perfect for me as well as the location.
Intimate hospital with unique patient population
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2015
This hospital has been a wonderful learning tool as a young nurse.Coworkers are supportive and the administration constantly looks for new ways to improve employee satisfaction. Long hours with a great deal of physical activity such as lifting and turning patients. Great for obtaining well rounded skills of a registered nurse.
Research Study
Research (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2015
Participated in SCI research with classmates and team members. Performed subject recruitment, testing, data collection and analysis for arm and hand function of SCI patients.
Pros
team building
Cons
short term pilot research, difficult to collect participants
fun work place
rehab tech. (Former Employee) –  atlantaJune 11, 2015
This a top of line work place for spinalcord and head tramria patiens .I learnwd alot there I was very young at the time .The people were very help surpotive of there stiff thats why I wsa there for 22 years.
Pros
good people work
Cons
long drive
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  BuckheadJanuary 10, 2015
My co-workers were awesome here. I learned so much about Spinal cord and brain injury. Most of the patients are so thankful for your care and kindness.
Pros
the work atmosphere is nice and great co-workers.
Cons
no place to eat at night and management can be hard to get a hold of.
I love working at the Shepherd Center not only because its a great place that helps the brain injury and spinal cord patients but I love my peers.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
I am a Outpatient Access Rep. I work in a high volume call center taking inbound and outbound calls from patients. I love my work because I know that what I am doing is key in the success of the Shepherd Center. I work very well with all of my coworkers and am known to be the life of the department. I am the one the will have everryone smiling and laughing even when they don't feel like it. The hardest part of the job would be seeing the injuries that our patients have substained in the accidents they were involved in but the best part about my job is seeing the progress and change of the before and after they become patients here.
Building a New System
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2014
I loved working at The Shepherd Center. This was a brand new build of the system for Shepherd. Although there was a huge learning curve for the staff, they were very understanding and wonderful to work with. I love a challenge, and with all the custom assessments, this was a challenge. What fun!
Great place with leadership issues
Rehab Team (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2014
Things really need to be shaken up in the middle management area. Most have been there for more than a decade and are stuck in the way that things have worked. Granted Shepherd Center has done some groundbreaking things in the area of TBI and SCI rehab but that does not mean there is no room for improvement. Management is often the cause of a lot of tension in the work place due to inadequate communication skills with the staff. There is also an air of mistrust that causes a lot of perception problems and often forced resignation or termination of a staff member which increases the already high rate of staff turnover - it's a vicious cycle that upper management is hopefully taking note of in their assessment of the hospital's programs. Management should learn to value and trust the people they hired to do their job and to contribute new things to the organization as the old ways that have been perfected are learned.
Pros
wonderful rehab programs, hospital staff work well together as a team, friendly place to work.
Cons
management, limited professional growth
it's ok
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJuly 16, 2014
it's a nice place to workFocus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Felt like part of a family
PATIENT CARE TECH11 (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJuly 1, 2014
All Care for quads and parapalegic paients. Including but not limited to bowel /bladder management.
Pros
meet wonderful people, feel part of a team
Greta place to work
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GAJune 19, 2014
Best place to work for professional growth. Patients were the best part of my day. Over all very friendly staff and great leadership.
Pros
co workers
Cons
traffic on peachtree
ok place to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2014
This is a ok place to work your able to have peace of mind to do your job at your speed.
Very friendly company
Assist patients (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2014
I work very well to protect the policy and procedures..I respect team work and I have learned some much working for this company for 4.5 Years.The challenging part about my job was bowel programs,I literally prayed through my traning because I needed the job and it got better for me..I got alone with my co-workers.
Pros
looked foward to assist my patients
Cons
bieng opened mined with dealing with anyone.
A Fun workplace where we help people at the same time
Medical Assistant (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaMarch 18, 2014
Working at the call center is different from working in thw clinic dealing with actual patients. You come in, log into your data system. For me, I'm either doing medications; where I call in prescriptions to various pharmacies. Or home health, where I send the doctor different paperwork about patient's lab results, reports, and/or wheelchair requests, as well as therapy requests.
Hardworking compassionate workplace
Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2013
Shepherd Center is a Hospital for people with brain and spinal cord injuries. A typical day of work consists of displaying a high level of customer care. The atmosphere at the Shepherd Center is very friendly and up-beat, which allows your caregiving experience one to remember.
Pros
great benefits, on sight work out facility
Cons
i can't think of one
shepherd is a good company, takes care of its workers
Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2013
I learned so much at Shepherd Center, How to be able to multitask and being on time knowing you have a patient that needs to be at an appointment at a certain time. Learning different skills and keeping you certified in your profession with advancement every year.
Rehab
Certified Nursing Assistant/PCT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2013
The Shepherd Center is a wonderful place for rehab. The management could work on there personalities and the way the interact with their employees.
Great Place to work!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2013
Learning something new everyday. Faced paced energenic work place.
A good place to work
General customer service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2013
A hardworking supervisor, always gets the job done, and my co-workers were fair and very friendly and also loved working at the hotel
Excellent facility
Senior Leadership Practicum (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2013
High quality patient care. Positive work environment. Organized system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shepherd Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4