Shepherd Center Employee Reviews

Nice place filled with loving families and loving doctors
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2017
Volunteering at the Shepherd Center was always good. There I would help organize closets filled with medical equipment and wheelchairs or wheelchair accessories. I would deal with families some that were just lovely and some that weren't so much. I learned patience volunteering there as I had to deal with families that weren't in the best of moods but I understood because the families that I would deal with would have family members in the hospital so it also taught me how to be better at showing understanding. The hardest part of the job was sometimes seeing patients as some of them would have pretty tragic heartbreaking injuries. But the bet part was being able to bring joy into those same peoples lives.
fun workplaces
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30309May 31, 2017
Shepherd center is a very cool places to work all the staff and members are friendly and they plat a good team. i would recommend anyone to work their.
It sucks
Case Manager Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2017
Shepherd use to be a fun and exciting place to work. now the pay is low. They give you 3-4 different jobs to do and do not want to pay you for it. The managers are all in it together so forget about trying to get anything settled if you ever have a dispute with a manager.
Patient Rep
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2017
Collections and payment posting. account clean up. Calling insurance company for status of unpaid claims. following up on accounts that was not paid by the insurance company
Pros
Cons
poor insurance and benefits for staff
Excellent place to work if you like to challenge yourself to grow your skills
Physical Therapist-PRN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2017
Shepherd Center is an excellent place to build skills in a specific diagnostic group. I worked on the Acquired Brain Injury unit, and found it to be a challenging (in a good way) place to work with a very friendly vibe. I didn't work on the Spinal Cord Injury unit, but see no reason why it wouldn't be an equally good place to work.
constant learning
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
This facility is fast paced with plenty of perks and challenges. Management changed so the culture has as well. There needs to be more emphasis placed on the culture.
Engaging and Positive
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 10, 2017
Diverse group of clients who enjoy participaiting in activities and engage with one another. Shepherd Center is a lively place to work and offers one healthy meal per day for free for those who qualify. Some activities include line dancing, chair exercises, cards, and bingo.
A very good place to work and learn. Team effort displayed by all.
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2017
Sheppard 's Center is productive in helping others with disabilities and injuries. It was a very gratifying place to work and a good environment for patients and staff.
Very fun place to work
PCT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2017
This is a very fun place to work. Most of the Management is very helpful. It could be better team work between nurses and tects but overall I like it.
Pros
Benefits Family feeling
Cons
Lazy nurses
Wonderful Atmosphere while doing good
Foundation (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2016
Love Shepherd and the culture. Great place to work if you want to "do good" and feel like you're contributing to help patients. Horrible management, no advancement, but if you're OK with that, it's a great organization!
Shepherd center
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2016
Shepherd center was a very nice place to work and to learn about more in the medical field I learned a lot dealing with paraplegics and quadriplegics and also with brain injuries ventilators and also tube feedings Skin Care the shepherd center was a great place to learn all types of research about paraplegic and quadriplegic and how to work with them so they are able to go home we work very closely with the families on training them on how to take care of their loved ones we also work closely with the patients so they knew how to take care of themselves and to also train other people people how to care for them!
Horrible!
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2016
Worse job I ever had, you kill yourself with turns every 3 or 4 hours , patients are very heavy and most of the time you have NO help because there is no "team work" nurses DO NOT help because they are "busy" in their phones. There is a lot of gossip, and if the patients have MONEY you have to treat them like your mother or you will get fired. Management is horrible please do yourself a favor and run run run.
Pros
Some coworkers
Great Hospital
Certified Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2016
Great Hospital to work for. I highly recommend it to everyone.It has really helped me to sharpen my skills as a Certified Case Manager.
Wonderful patients
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2016
Former respiratory therapist, wonderful patients and a feel good place to work. Management in the respiratory department needs a turnover desperately. Would be a wonderful place to work if management changed.
Great atmosphere
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2015
Superior training and great management at the Shepherd Center. The shift hours are perfect for me as well as the location.
Intimate hospital with unique patient population
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2015
This hospital has been a wonderful learning tool as a young nurse.Coworkers are supportive and the administration constantly looks for new ways to improve employee satisfaction. Long hours with a great deal of physical activity such as lifting and turning patients. Great for obtaining well rounded skills of a registered nurse.
Research Study
Research (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2015
Participated in SCI research with classmates and team members. Performed subject recruitment, testing, data collection and analysis for arm and hand function of SCI patients.
Pros
team building
Cons
short term pilot research, difficult to collect participants
fun work place
rehab tech. (Former Employee) –  atlantaJune 11, 2015
This a top of line work place for spinalcord and head tramria patiens .I learnwd alot there I was very young at the time .The people were very help surpotive of there stiff thats why I wsa there for 22 years.
Pros
good people work
Cons
long drive
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  BuckheadJanuary 10, 2015
My co-workers were awesome here. I learned so much about Spinal cord and brain injury. Most of the patients are so thankful for your care and kindness.
Pros
The work atmosphere is nice and great co-workers.
Cons
No place to eat at night and management can be hard to get a hold of.
I love working at the Shepherd Center not only because its a great place that helps the brain injury and spinal cord patients but I love my peers.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
I am a Outpatient Access Rep. I work in a high volume call center taking inbound and outbound calls from patients. I love my work because I know that what I am doing is key in the success of the Shepherd Center. I work very well with all of my coworkers and am known to be the life of the department. I am the one the will have everryone smiling and laughing even when they don't feel like it. The hardest part of the job would be seeing the injuries that our patients have substained in the accidents they were involved in but the best part about my job is seeing the progress and change of the before and after they become patients here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shepherd Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3