Shepherd of the Valley

Shepherd of the Valley Employer Reviews

I have seen both sides. Would NOT recommend to anyone!
Corporate Office (Former Employee), Austintown, OHJanuary 1, 2015
Cons: over worked, underpaid, no bonuses, very minimal raises
As a former employee and having a family member as a resident, I would not recommend Shepherd of the Valley as a place of employment or as a place for a loved one. They are a money hungry organization that claims to be not for profit. The management staff plays favoritism. The turn over rate is very high and it's due to staff being over worked and underpaid.
Not the worst job/not the best job
Other (Current Employee), Howland, OHNovember 5, 2014
Pros: residents
Cons: pay, high turnover rate, some bad management
They pay above minimum wage but you won't get 40 hours cause they don't want to pay benefits. Some of the management are petty and will pick at petty issues concerning employees but won't address the real concerns going on with residents. Management also comes in early and leaves by 3:30. The most enjoyable part of the job is the residents. The hardest part is when they pass away. We take care of them and don't get a chance to grieve. Most co-workers are decent to work with. There is a high turnover rate here with RA's and STNA's. You don't even get to know people's names half the time.
chaotic
Ohio. Per Diem floor RN (Former Employee), warren, ohioSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: chaotic
chaotic day to day operations. no team work. not recommended.
Peacful and Exceptional Nursing care from Staff and Management
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Howland Center, OHJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great pay for the area, good management, hardworking employees, clean facility
Cons: short staffed at times
I have only worked at SOV in the field of healthcare, and after all of the nursing school clinical experience i have been through I would not want to work anywhere else in the Trumbull county area. 5 star facility, with excellence in all client care!
Never again
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee), Niles, OHApril 15, 2014
Pros: some good coworkers
Cons: lack of respect for residents and staff, unsafe amount of patients
I had issues with a new D.O.N. who had zero respect for STNAs and residents. I worked midnight turn and they did everything they could to pass day turn's when off to midnight. The residents were treated like cattle, not people. Ethically and morally I had to leave because if my family were treated like that, I'd move then to another facility.
its an ok place to work
STNA (Former Employee), OHMarch 27, 2014
Pros: the pay is ok
Cons: no time to take a break
work on day shift. It is very demanding. Management is always looking for ways to get u in trouble. The co-workers like to hide and play on there phones. I alawys feel rushed to try to get my work done.
Productive workplace
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), OHJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: short breaks, health care coverage, no raises
A typical day at work is very tedious. There is always work to be done. I have learned to interact with residents, management, and co-workers, while adjusting to different personalities and backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is learning and being trained on a different floor but the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the residents.
Understaffed, Acuity of patients not considered when staffing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Casper, WYDecember 22, 2013
Pros: co-workers supportive, hard working
Cons: management only concerned filling beds, does not consider staffing according to acuity on their "rehab unit"
The unit I work on has 21 medicare patients with high acuity in more than half and they are staffed so low, I have to stay after my 12 hour shift for 3-4 hours just to chart.
Shepherd of the Valley was a good place to work.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Poland, OHApril 29, 2013
Pros: i worked dayturn.
A typical day at work would include caring for the residents, dietary, laundry, and visiting with the residents. I learned that team work is very important to do this kind of work. I had good co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when a resident passed away. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing activities with the residents.
Dedicated employees
Head Nurse and Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Boardman, OHApril 23, 2013
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: short staffed
Co-workers are loyal to the care and residents. Management lacks care towards the staff.
Enjoyed working with the dedicated staff
DIRECTOR OF NURSING (Former Employee), Niles, OHMarch 4, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: leadership issues
Made resident/staff rounds daily to check on resident conditions and services. This facility had ODH issues,so I was hired to bring them up to standard and compliance which I did. There only survey that I was involved in had 3 minor low level citations only. I moved on to Crandall due to recruitment efforts by a nurse consultant that referred me.
great people to work with
Nurse of an assisted living unit (Current Employee), niles ohioFebruary 18, 2013
I like it there great place to work. The stafff is friendly. The boss is willing to help out when needed. The residents get great care there.
great organization to be a part of...
Associate Director (Current Employee), Boardman, OHFebruary 11, 2013
I have been with SOV for 22 years...I have learned alot, not just from a site specific stance, but from a corporate standpoint. I have implemented many benchmarks, audits and comparison charts that we utilize within the corporate structure but also against state wide averages.
couldnt be anything better
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Boardman, OHApril 22, 2012
Pros: best pay in the area usally pretty staffed
Cons: grievience policy sucks
I was a current employee at shepherd of the valley (boardman) that had to be on of the best nursing home jobs I have yet to experience an I have been to plenty i would probly still be there but a death of my 5 month old sons father an lost employment. I would recommend the place to families an job seekers,The care they give is astonishing an the work environment is clean an safe acouple staff members were alittle hard to get along with but you'll find them at any job location w\out a doubt

Shepherd of the Valley Salaries