Sheppard Pratt Health System

Sheppard Pratt Health System Employee Reviews

wonderful place to work i wish i never left
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 10, 2016
Wonderful place to work especially the residential program and school I loved it u get weekend option bonuses every six months for each shift worked if u do 7 am- 11 pm sat and sun that's 2,000 every six months the hospital side could use more compassionate managers and more flexibility with staffing.
Pros
diverse environment
Cons
Provided general administrative assistance to department, processed forms and correspondence for promotions, transfers, leaves and resignations.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MarylandAugust 23, 2015
Sheppard Pratt provides services to individuals with a variety of mental health, substance abuse and behavioral issues. I worked in the human resources department providing general administrative support, maintained department computer system and manual files, provided assistance with annual increase cycles and benefit open enrollment process and worked closely with the finance department to efficiently facilitate changes.
Pros
Great organization, liked being part of the organization who facilitated the hire of employees, very fulfilling work and experience, Compensation Director was a great mentor and taught me a lot.
Cons
None really, just promoted up as far as I could without a degree, moved on to take position with Abilities Network.
Love the patient population.
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Elliott City, MDAugust 6, 2015
I adore working with this patient population, but the upper management does not seem to value their employees. Being that it is a relatively difficult patient population to work with day in and day out, it can make it more difficult to do our jobs when we don't feel valued on either end of the spectrum. We often feel as though we're treated as a means to an end, and the scheduling is highly inflexible.
Nice people
Health System Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 25, 2015
Work environment was friendly, but systems are out of date and a lot of work must be done manualy until the systems are updated.
its okay
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 18, 2015
have to work every other weekend. at times you are made to stay an extra 8 hour shift . Must be able to handle all types of people
Productive workplace
Educational Assistance (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2015
I like the company because they provide benefits for their employees and also pay for tuition reimbursement for those that still go to school,
Pros
benefit
Cons
no lunch time

Comment – July 10, 2015

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you are pleased with our benefit offerings and tuition reimbursement.

Wonderful place to work
Housekeeping Tech II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2015
My typical day at Sheppard Pratt would be daily round routines in assigned area. I learned a lot about the patients, safety rules for me and the patients. My co workers was amazing , free spirit and very helpful when needed. The hardest part about my job was getting the floors stripped and wax by me being so petite It was hard. What I enjoy the most at my job was the people, putting smiles on people face and making them feel good on a bad day is heart warming.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours and benefits
Cons
location in bad weather

Comment – July 10, 2015

We are delighted that you had such a positive experience while employed! Thank you for your review.

Great experience
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 8, 2014
I have learned an incredible amount of information about proper and effective de-escalation techniques and truly love helping the patients on my unit; however, I feel as though the pay I receive is not equivalent to the amount of work I put in to be a successful and influential member of my unit. While I love helping others and truly enjoy my experiences with the patients on my unit, I do not think Sheppard Pratt is a well-run health system and does not allow one to work their way up the latter unless they possess a nursing degree. Please ask me for more information regarding my review of my current workplace.
Pros
helping others
Cons
little to no breaks during a 16 hour work day
Dynamic and friendly workplace
Quality Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 5, 2014
My typical day at work involved reviewing all patient records in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) 48 hours post discharge for physician deficiencies. I also monitored other systems that were linked to the EMR to monitor and resolve issues. I learned analytical and problem-solving skills. Moreover, I was also able to enhance my oral and written communication skills by creating reports and giving presentations in meetings. I reported to the HIM Director on a weekly basis to give updates and reports on current issues and my action plan for resolving those issues. My co-workers were friendly and we worked as a team very well. I held team meetings when failures in a process occurred in an effort to discuss and fix the broken link. The hardest part of the job was to communicate with all medical staff in a timely basis to ensure deficiencies were being completed within the appropriate time-frame set by state, federal, and HIM regulations. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a variety of individuals and reviewing documents to improve the overall quality of healthcare and maintain compliance among physicians.
Pros
dynamic environment, multiple projects, building relations with medical staff
Cons
challenges with some physicians who were unwilling to learn the new system
Decent Workplace, Great Co-workers
Educational Assistant/Behavioral Support (Current Employee) –  Millersville, MDSeptember 5, 2014
I love everyone I work with but the job itself is so taxing it isn't worth what you make. Unless you're passionate about special needs, you'll burn out within 8 months.
Experience
mental health worker (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDAugust 28, 2014
Great experience, opportunity for promotions/advancements, close-knit with coworkers, could be more connected with towson in terms of incentives and activities offered to employees
sphs
Towson - Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 5, 2014
Ive worked at SPHS for 10 years and loved it very much, i just need a better opportunity for growth and to explore everything that i learned over the years
N/A
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  BaltimoreMay 22, 2014
Productive and fun workplace and staff are great and friendly
Great Company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 21, 2014
Great company, great people. In the short time that I have been with the company, I have been treated very well. Great team atmosphere.
Pros
30 minute lunch break, teamwork
Cons
holiday schedule, stressful
The work was fulfilling and families were appreciative and receptive to learning
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner-Family Focus (Former Employee) –  6501 N Charles StreetMarch 28, 2014
A typical day was providing individual therapy,medication management and certain evenings throughout the year were allocated for group therapy. It was my first position as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and I was able to gain a wealth of knowledge with individuals who were diagnosed with neurodevelopment delays. It was a warm work environment. The hardest part of my job was that I was the first Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner on the SEPH campus and some were not open to this new role. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with children and educating families.
Pros
i gained a great deal of knowledge and the work was rewarding
Cons
i was not fully supported in this new role for seph at that time.
Great Environment
Discharge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 17, 2014
Sheppard Pratt Hospital is a great company to work for. There is not much room for growth but the culture is professional and the vision and mission is clear and progressive.
Pros
professionalism
Cons
no room for advancement
Well Oiled Machine
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day involved completing individual and group sessions with clients after treatment team discussion. I learned that clients are often reflecting the dynamics experienced within their home/work environment. Management was busy with scheduling the training opportunity, Continuing Education in-servicing, and resolving processes involved with the ongoing flow of intake and discharging clients for outpatient planning.
Pros
working within the smaller entity of a larger organization
Cons
limited opportunity for growth
Great place to work.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day here at Sheppard Pratt consist of answering the phones, assisting patinets and employees with basic needs. giving the staff office support.

I have learned to be alert of my environment because anything can happen in a split second here in a behavioral health hospital.

Management and co-worker are great, some have become good friends almost like family.

this is a very easy job...al you have to do is show up and do the work.

I love the flexibility.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay
Great Experience with outstanding workers
Mental Health worker (Current Employee) –  Towson, MarylandDecember 18, 2013
Working at Sheppard Pratt Health System is a really great experience to help those in need of assistance.
A good learning experience.
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  baltimore, marylandSeptember 13, 2013
A typical day at work for me is answering the phones and administrative duties as assigned. The hardest part of my job is not being backed up or supported by management when applicable. I have learned and still learning that things will not go the way you plan or invision, however, a job needs to get done. People will do whatever it takes to save themselves. You will have co-workers that genuinely have your best interest at heart and those that don't. For the most part, I enjoy working here. The kids are fantastic and although you have your good days and bad days, I always see the sun shining.
Pros
working with the children
Cons
insurance