Sheppard Pratt Health System Employee Reviews

Overall decent place to work, despite the management
Housekeeper/Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 15, 2016
The management in the Environmental Service department is unprofessional and vindictive. They tend to jump on technicalities when it suites them and turn a blind eye to others who do the same, if not worse.

However, I've never experienced anything other than courtesy and respect from anyone else in the hospital across all other departments.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
management
Decent place to work with not so great management
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 25, 2016
Overall working alongside my coworkers is what makes the job worthwhile. Management is very reminiscent of high school. They are very vindictive and not professional. There is gossiping and bashing of others; most of which is started right in the office. Despite the fact that it is supposed to be a professional environment, employees are treated, by management, with personal feelings. If the supervisor doesn't personally care for an employee, they treat them worse than most other employees. They tend to give more work to the employees that they don't care for, while others do hardly anything throughout the 8 hour shift.

There are a few managers that want the department to operate as "one team" but because the overall morale is so badly damaged, its practically impossible.
Fun place to work with good people
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Elliott, MDJanuary 9, 2017
Great place to work, great people with a family type atmosphere with great benefits also the pay is great....
I come in to work, and start off by setting up the serving station with the meal for the day, then once the line is set then I work on setting up the salad bar and drink station until the the time to feed the patients
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long breaks
Rewarding but extremely exhausting
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 14, 2016
On a typical day, I would be involved directly with patient care concerning their mental health. I would conduct group therapy practicing DBT, along with other group leaders. Working with patients and hearing their stories not only developed me and my skills in a positive way but motivated to move around in the company and affect patient care in multiple areas of the hospital.
Sheppard Pratt Overview
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 21, 2017
Sheppard Pratt Health System had an environment where I knew that I was going to leave with skills and ethics that I will hold onto for the rest of my life. Even though they did not work you to hard there was always work to be completed.
Pros
There was always lunch available
Cons
Overtime
Fun Workplace
Residential Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 22, 2016
There was never a dull day at this facility. I enjoyed helping this clients overcome obstacles and barriers in their lives. There were challenging times however I enjoyed making a difference in these children lives.
Mental Healh Services
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 18, 2017
Provides outstanding Mental Health Services. Committed to providing the community with a variety of services to ensure the best possible mental health services available.
Productive time to advance career
Eating Disorders Unit Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 27, 2016
The location is prime if you are a driver. Right next to major highways. I learned a lot about my career aspirations and gained many mentors here. Definitely worth working
very bad managment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 19, 2017
n/a very poor managment. This place makes you not want to come to work. So much drama between the management and the regular staff. They barley allow you to take days off even if you have pto.
Positive environment fostering a healing environment for those with mental illness
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 23, 2016
The hospital staff worked incredibly well to foster a therapeutic environment for the geriatric patients with mental illness. The staff were very open and willing to have the assistance of my peers and myself and offered teaching opportunities wherever appropriate.
Staff are awesome to work with
Assistant Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 28, 2016
The staff are awesome to work with and the schedule is very family friendly. The schedule is very family friendly. The principal is awesome to work with and takes time to listen to concerns.
beautiful ,challenging workplace that i was happy with...
lead mental health worker.. (Former Employee) –  ellicot city md.June 30, 2016
love working with people interacting with different people is welcoming it teaches me new things....my co workers were very nice we were more family oriented...
Pros
you get to make your own schudule....
Cons
breaks were not that long...
Excellent introduction to the healthcare field
Lead Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDMay 6, 2016
Sheppard Pratt granted me the privillage to work with younger populations suffering from acute psychiatric conditions. Through this experience I not only learned what it takes to deliver superior care, but also what it takes to maintain a well functioning organization.
Meaningful and relaxed job entry
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 16, 2016
This is a great place to start if you want to get into working in the mental health field. The job can include placing patients into seclusion or restraints, assisting with the admission process, and doing group notes.
Challenging yet rewarding workplace
Staff Nurse, Adult Day Hospital, (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 15, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job was working one on one with the patients. I learned many valuable lessons from this company. I learned how to work well with multidisciplinary team.
Sheppard Pratt Health System
Financial Case Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 25, 2016
Great people, rewarding job. We do help you heal. Sheppard's environment is warm and welcoming. As an employee, you will meet some of the greatest folks in the world and those folks will become a part of your every day team. It is a great place to thrive.
wonderful place to work i wish i never left
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 10, 2016
Wonderful place to work especially the residential program and school I loved it u get weekend option bonuses every six months for each shift worked if u do 7 am- 11 pm sat and sun that's 2,000 every six months the hospital side could use more compassionate managers and more flexibility with staffing.
Pros
diverse environment
I have no complaints
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 11, 2016
I love the job culture, at Sheppard Pratt Health Systems. I find enjoyment in my line of work making a difference everyday.
Loved this job
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 10, 2016
It was easy and fun work with good pay and benefits. The people were easy to get along with an extremely helpful. The only issue is that it was a contracting position and not in my career path.
Cons
Contracting position
Love the patient population.
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Elliott City, MDAugust 6, 2015
I adore working with this patient population, but the upper management does not seem to value their employees. Being that it is a relatively difficult patient population to work with day in and day out, it can make it more difficult to do our jobs when we don't feel valued on either end of the spectrum. We often feel as though we're treated as a means to an end, and the scheduling is highly inflexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheppard Pratt Health System. Our community is ready to answer.