Sheppard Pratt Health System

Sheppard Pratt Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Meaningful and relaxed job entry
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 16, 2016
This is a great place to start if you want to get into working in the mental health field. The job can include placing patients into seclusion or restraints, assisting with the admission process, and doing group notes.
I have no complaints
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 11, 2016
I love the job culture, at Sheppard Pratt Health Systems. I find enjoyment in my line of work making a difference everyday.
Excellent introduction to the healthcare field
Lead Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDMay 6, 2016
Sheppard Pratt granted me the privillage to work with younger populations suffering from acute psychiatric conditions. Through this experience I not only learned what it takes to deliver superior care, but also what it takes to maintain a well functioning organization.
Challenging yet rewarding workplace
Staff Nurse, Adult Day Hospital, (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 15, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job was working one on one with the patients. I learned many valuable lessons from this company. I learned how to work well with multidisciplinary team.
Loved this job
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 10, 2016
It was easy and fun work with good pay and benefits. The people were easy to get along with an extremely helpful. The only issue is that it was a contracting position and not in my career path.
Cons
Contracting position
Sheppard Pratt Health System
Financial Case Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 25, 2016
Great people, rewarding job. We do help you heal. Sheppard's environment is warm and welcoming. As an employee, you will meet some of the greatest folks in the world and those folks will become a part of your every day team. It is a great place to thrive.
wonderful place to work i wish i never left
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 10, 2016
Wonderful place to work especially the residential program and school I loved it u get weekend option bonuses every six months for each shift worked if u do 7 am- 11 pm sat and sun that's 2,000 every six months the hospital side could use more compassionate managers and more flexibility with staffing.
Pros
diverse environment
Cons
Provided general administrative assistance to department, processed forms and correspondence for promotions, transfers, leaves and resignations.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MarylandAugust 23, 2015
Sheppard Pratt provides services to individuals with a variety of mental health, substance abuse and behavioral issues. I worked in the human resources department providing general administrative support, maintained department computer system and manual files, provided assistance with annual increase cycles and benefit open enrollment process and worked closely with the finance department to efficiently facilitate changes.
Pros
Great organization, liked being part of the organization who facilitated the hire of employees, very fulfilling work and experience, Compensation Director was a great mentor and taught me a lot.
Cons
None really, just promoted up as far as I could without a degree, moved on to take position with Abilities Network.
Love the patient population.
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Elliott City, MDAugust 6, 2015
I adore working with this patient population, but the upper management does not seem to value their employees. Being that it is a relatively difficult patient population to work with day in and day out, it can make it more difficult to do our jobs when we don't feel valued on either end of the spectrum. We often feel as though we're treated as a means to an end, and the scheduling is highly inflexible.
Nice people
Health System Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 25, 2015
Work environment was friendly, but systems are out of date and a lot of work must be done manualy until the systems are updated.
its okay
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 18, 2015
have to work every other weekend. at times you are made to stay an extra 8 hour shift . Must be able to handle all types of people
Productive workplace
Educational Assistance (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2015
I like the company because they provide benefits for their employees and also pay for tuition reimbursement for those that still go to school,
Pros
benefit
Cons
no lunch time

Comment – July 10, 2015

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you are pleased with our benefit offerings and tuition reimbursement.

Wonderful place to work
Housekeeping Tech II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2015
My typical day at Sheppard Pratt would be daily round routines in assigned area. I learned a lot about the patients, safety rules for me and the patients. My co workers was amazing , free spirit and very helpful when needed. The hardest part about my job was getting the floors stripped and wax by me being so petite It was hard. What I enjoy the most at my job was the people, putting smiles on people face and making them feel good on a bad day is heart warming.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours and benefits
Cons
location in bad weather

Comment – July 10, 2015

We are delighted that you had such a positive experience while employed! Thank you for your review.

Great experience
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 8, 2014
I have learned an incredible amount of information about proper and effective de-escalation techniques and truly love helping the patients on my unit; however, I feel as though the pay I receive is not equivalent to the amount of work I put in to be a successful and influential member of my unit. While I love helping others and truly enjoy my experiences with the patients on my unit, I do not think Sheppard Pratt is a well-run health system and does not allow one to work their way up the latter unless they possess a nursing degree. Please ask me for more information regarding my review of my current workplace.
Pros
helping others
Cons
little to no breaks during a 16 hour work day
Dynamic and friendly workplace
Quality Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 5, 2014
My typical day at work involved reviewing all patient records in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) 48 hours post discharge for physician deficiencies. I also monitored other systems that were linked to the EMR to monitor and resolve issues. I learned analytical and problem-solving skills. Moreover, I was also able to enhance my oral and written communication skills by creating reports and giving presentations in meetings. I reported to the HIM Director on a weekly basis to give updates and reports on current issues and my action plan for resolving those issues. My co-workers were friendly and we worked as a team very well. I held team meetings when failures in a process occurred in an effort to discuss and fix the broken link. The hardest part of the job was to communicate with all medical staff in a timely basis to ensure deficiencies were being completed within the appropriate time-frame set by state, federal, and HIM regulations. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a variety of individuals and reviewing documents to improve the overall quality of healthcare and maintain compliance among physicians.
Pros
dynamic environment, multiple projects, building relations with medical staff
Cons
challenges with some physicians who were unwilling to learn the new system
ETA- School
ETA (Former Employee) –  The Jefferson School in Jefferson MarylandSeptember 9, 2014
This company is horrible to work for. They provide accurate training for self defense but you constantly have to worry about your physical safety. No amount of money is worth getting hit on everyday or beat up!
The pay is not great considering all of the responsibilities they give to you. Great health insurance but I am convinced its because you will have to use it frequently because of an injury from one of the kids. No way would I ever work here again!
Pros
nothing
Cons
no breaks, no lunch break, constant verbal abuse, and threats
Decent Workplace, Great Co-workers
Educational Assistant/Behavioral Support (Current Employee) –  Millersville, MDSeptember 5, 2014
I love everyone I work with but the job itself is so taxing it isn't worth what you make. Unless you're passionate about special needs, you'll burn out within 8 months.
Experience
mental health worker (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDAugust 28, 2014
Great experience, opportunity for promotions/advancements, close-knit with coworkers, could be more connected with towson in terms of incentives and activities offered to employees
sphs
Towson - Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 5, 2014
Ive worked at SPHS for 10 years and loved it very much, i just need a better opportunity for growth and to explore everything that i learned over the years
N/a
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  BaltimoreMay 22, 2014
Productive and fun workplace and staff are great and friendly